Become a Patron!

The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wait, WHAT?!

I haven't been around much. I love the Boreas and I want more!

I've been building and cloud chucking and having fun ~.~

a6245fbb95d88e51825db04543f0b471.jpg

My current build is 316 SS twisted wire
36ea38fd04eabb5cca5ac2165f430c04.jpg
the one on the left I twisted with a drill the one on the right I hand twisted the day before
57d2eb7c4ea5dcfb1fb0ca976aa1c57c.jpg
ed63b8428c848cefb9c45c32f43085f4.jpg

Clocking in at .22 and I'm Vaping it at 66.6 watts on my RX200
My last posting was for you.......

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Stock up while you can - they are indeed discontinued :(
Did you read this somewhere? Because of you I bought two more. Such a bad influence.

I guess that means something else is going to be released. A little ridiculous since this rta seems to work without much issues, as compared to their merlin.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
It is on their FB page. I don't know if posting a screenshot of the post violates the "other people's personal info" rule on VU or not.

Someone asked and they answered. You can see it by looking through the visitor's posts on FB. I just reverified that it is there.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It is on their FB page. I don't know if posting a screenshot of the post violates the "other people's personal info" rule on VU or not.

Someone asked and they answered. You can see it by looking through the visitor's posts on FB. I just reverified that it is there.
Thanks. That actually upsets me.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know - the Boreas really changed vaping for me. Did you see the post?
I looked but could not find it. FT has a thread about it, too. I wasn't using tanks until the boreas and merlin. Don't trust the merlin enough to buy another. That's the one they should discontinue, IMO.

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I see your wrapping some killer coils...........alright kitty........

I tried twisting wire by hand... ONCE... FUCK THAT SHIT!

I made my dad hand over one of his (many since he's a former General Contractor) drills. Waaay better. Faster, more uniform, and TIGHTER! The one on the left is 3 strands and the one on the right is only 2
39a93d908c8bf3d1a53668acfd986ab9.jpg

I need more wire.....

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Now getting them to ohm out correctly and fire quickly with a quick ramp is the next step..... It is challenging to get it right !!!!

I have at LEAST a dozen coils I made that I never even planned on using. Just trying out different things.

This one was fun. I might make it to Vape:
dfaf15e706b6cc9badcf9566ec5a6c87.jpg
8e0e0ff3653b1f6b8a236fc06d294c12.jpg

That was with the hand twisted wire and some "alien" wire I got from FT (basically it's just flat Clapton wire)

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have at LEAST a dozen coils I made that I never even planned on using. Just trying out different things.

This one was fun. I might make it to Vape:
dfaf15e706b6cc9badcf9566ec5a6c87.jpg
8e0e0ff3653b1f6b8a236fc06d294c12.jpg

That was with the hand twisted wire and some "alien" wire I got from FT (basically it's just flat Clapton wire)
This looks cool.... What did that single coil ohm at..... You can probably push 2 of those with a series box......

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I change the coils sometimes because it keeps me busy...... I live alone so it gives me something to do..... So I know what you mean Kitty.... And sometimes the Rayon is burned, so I open the bottom burn it to get the old skum and rewick..... That's why I just bought a DNA mod to see if I can control the cotton from burning.......
uploadfromtaptalk1467007082128.jpg

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This looks cool.... What did that single coil ohm at..... You can probably push 2 of those with a series box......

I forget. I think it was about .19 (ish) z

I'll tweak it some and try to see if I can get the ohms up a bit.

Anything that isn't boring kanthal claptons that I TRIPLE check the ohms on before putting on my mechs goes on the rx200.

I figure that, unlike in a mechanical mod, the RX will have the decency to tell me to fuck off, rather than blowing my fucking face off.

I have a kid to think of, I can't afford to be stupid.

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Yeah I love the look. Actually, on of @raymo2u's coils inspired me to make that one.

f9b92f7f59199529d2bebb6967a4bd5f.jpg

^^^ that's what I had in mind when I made they "hybrid parallel"

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
.20 is ok... You might need more than 80 watts to push them..... But by using stainless steel you might push them with 60watts.......

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I forget. I think it was about .19 (ish) z

I'll tweak it some and try to see if I can get the ohms up a bit.

Anything that isn't boring kanthal claptons that I TRIPLE check the ohms on before putting on my mechs goes on the rx200.

I figure that, unlike in a mechanical mod, the RX will have the decency to tell me to fuck off, rather than blowing my fucking face off.

I have a kid to think of, I can't afford to be stupid.
You have to be safe and if they are below a safe level the RX200 won't let you fire it...... It will give you a too low ohms warning......

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
.20 is ok... You might need more than 80 watts to push them..... But by using stainless steel you might push them with 60watts.......

Yeah but that is for 1 coil. A dual build would be ~.10 and I've never gone that low. The .22 twisted stainless coils I'm running now are the lowest I've ever gone.

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You have to be safe and if they are below a safe level the RX200 won't let you fire it...... It will give you a too low ohms warning......

Exactly.

Hence why I said it would "tell me to fuck off, rather than blowing my fucking face off."

^.~

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Where?

If you're trying to Punk us you might get beat up!

The Boreas has a Cult Like Following!
If they don't put one out they wouldn't stop producing the Boreas..... They are not stupid, large tanks on the move...... People get tired of filling that fucking tank every hour or in my case I can blow 10ml in less than 30 minutes...... Large clouds need the baddest coils the baddest amount of ejuice and lots of power....

So a 30mm Boreas is a killer item to sell......
uploadfromtaptalk1467008144856.jpg

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If they don't put one out they wouldn't stop producing the Boreas..... They are not stupid, large tanks on the move...... People get tired of filling that fucking tank every hour or in my case I can blow 10ml in less than 30 minutes...... Large clouds need the baddest coils the baddest amount of ejuice and lots of power....

So a 30mm Boreas is a killer item to sell......
View attachment 55066

Here's hoping... I LOVE my Boreas...

Oh and a "Captain Obvious Public Service Announcement"

Getting juice in an open wound SUCKS!

I have 2 little wire cuts on my finger and I had (operative word) a callus on my thumb that "came off".

I got juice in the wound and it sucks. ~.~

92702f109521a524ce6703467bbd4301.jpg

Side note, the wound on my thumb does KINDA look like Pacman...

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's hoping... I LOVE my Boreas...

Oh and a "Captain Obvious Public Service Announcement"

Getting juice in an open wound SUCKS!

I have 2 little wire cuts on my finger and I had (operative word) a callus on my thumb that "came off".

I got juice in the wound and it sucks. ~.~

92702f109521a524ce6703467bbd4301.jpg

Side note, the wound on my thumb does KINDA look like Pacman...
Yeah that looks like the pg will make it hurt...... LOL..... Welcome to the world of injuries..... I get injured every day, but getting a nice piece of 25g kanthal jammed under your finger nail..... Isn't fun.....

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah that looks like the pg will make it hurt...... LOL..... Welcome to the world of injuries..... I get injured every day, but getting a nice piece of 25g kanthal jammed under your finger nail..... Isn't fun.....

Oh the scratches on my pointer finger are from wire and aren't bad. The lost callus is from bowling. ^.~

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm still not sure, think I need to watch it again so I can confirm what's on the dna screen a few more times

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I tried twisting wire by hand... ONCE... FUCK THAT SHIT!

I made my dad hand over one of his (many since he's a former General Contractor) drills. Waaay better. Faster, more uniform, and TIGHTER! The one on the left is 3 strands and the one on the right is only 2
39a93d908c8bf3d1a53668acfd986ab9.jpg

I need more wire.....

Been twisting two strands by hand here recently. Am curious if a person could do actual braiding, platting with three or four strands & if it could be used to vape. Given thought to also putting together two or more twisted strands & twisting those all into one twisted strand. Two twisted in strand A, Two in strand B then combine A + B = C a strand with two twisted strands twisted into one.

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Been twisting two strands by hand here recently. Am curious if a person could do actual braiding, platting with three or four strands & if it could be used to vape. Given thought to also putting together two or more twisted strands & twisting those all into one twisted strand. Two twisted in strand A, Two in strand B then combine A + B = C a strand with two twisted strands twisted into one.
Try this:

I'll be trying it out soon enough. (Once I get more wire)

dshuld

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

for braiding. One of my favorites builders to watch videos from.

I've done the twisting together two twisted pairs before. May have just been me but didn't see much difference in that or 4 twisted at the same time. I've also twisted two sets up then twisted them together in the opposite direct of the original twists. Looks cool but didn't like the vape afterwards.

Try this:

I'll be trying it out soon enough. (Once I get more wire)

These are a good vape. Easy to make with a satisfying result everytime just about when I have done them.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have to say the boreas has become my favorite. Now that I figured it out, it gives me a perfect vape full of flavor. I have a few as backup.

VU Sponsors