la LA LA LA.....
Moving along....

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Getting ready to cook pop corn .... With my Boreas.....
View attachment 54611

Then you'd want some of these to cook popcorn on....ya'know you should always cook real popcorn on the Stove!

clapton-stovetop-vape-coil-1.jpg

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
hey all
promised lucy to show my new tinker toy
its pwm and has 4 18650 . the switch is also home brew , magnetic .
allways wanted a big bazooka .. having fun

That's awesome Rolf!

I love all the old timey switches - and your home-brew that totally rocks!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Fucking hot, but tasty.....

Ohming at .03 on 4.2 = watts ?

They are .2 Dual Coil, rest assured they wont need more then 70w to cook some grub ;)

I did make a .05 Ohm Single Coil Today though....(Hint: its the Big one), the Smaller coil is a 50g Framed Staple....I dont know more then 3 other builders that can build with 50g and not screw up, bust it up coiling it, or finish it without gaps....
d7832cfb11f920f017ffab2d84a71011.jpg

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone noticed leaking from the 510 connector ? I switched out the insulator and pin. Still leaking when I chain vape or when the 510 gets warm.
It's a good thing you posted about this. I was getting slight seeping.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The base that you screw in under the coil has a Oring that you might not notice until you start having leaking through the 510. I lost mine to a sink without noticing and if i didn't have a fresh Boreas in a box to compare to I might never have noticed.
Thanks for posting about the o ring in the base! I thought something was strange. Getting slight seeping at the base. Don't know how my black Boreas did not have that o ring. I was very careful when washing. I guess it's the benefit of ordering 2 of the same atty, for comparison. I knew I should've built the SS one first, at least the black o rings are easily seen.
But thanks @Jimi D for posting your issue & thanks @Topweasel!

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for posting about the o ring in the base! I thought something was strange. Getting slight seeping at the base. Don't know how my black Boreas did not have that o ring. I was very careful when washing. I guess it's the benefit of ordering 2 of the same atty, for comparison. I knew I should've built the SS one first, at least the black o rings are easily seen.
But thanks @Jimi D for posting your issue & thanks @Topweasel!
Your'e welcome. I switched out the base o-ring as well. Still leaks. I give up. Ordering the Aromamizer Supreme next.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Your'e welcome. I switched out the base o-ring as well. Still leaks. I give up. Ordering the Aromamizer Supreme next.
Oh no, don't give up. Wish @roxynoodle was still here :( why don't you pm her? She had said she would be available to us still through pm. It's a good atty worth a shot.

rolf 2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
well don't give up ! the reason I fell in love with the boreas all over again is .. no leaks ! have two of them and both perfect . also have two merlins and having nothing but problems with leaking .still hopingsome one will find out how to take the base apart .
is your top o ring ok ?

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
well don't give up ! the reason I fell in love with the boreas all over again is .. no leaks ! have two of them and both perfect . also have two merlins and having nothing but problems with leaking .still hopingsome one will find out how to take the base apart .
is your top o ring ok ?
I have 4 Boreas, and it's weird, the 2 black ones leak around the base and afc ring, but the 2 stainless ones, nary a leak anywhere. I can't imagine the color having anything to do with it.

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
is your top o ring ok ?
Of course the top o-ring is ok. Like I said over and over again. This piece of shit 510 in between the insulator and copper pin is leaking. The stainless steel is expanding when I vape it over 50 watts. Going in the garbage, and buying an Aromamizer Supreme.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You da FIXER! Good to see the Fanboy back. I do understand your frustration though. I have 3 of them and none leak...to date anyway.
Lol yes it was very frustrating. After waiting in the mail for extra o-rings. Then this. I mean its a great vape when it works. That's why I get so pissed :D

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 4 Boreas, and it's weird, the 2 black ones leak around the base and afc ring, but the 2 stainless ones, nary a leak anywhere. I can't imagine the color having anything to do with it.

Exactly the same for me too, my SS one, very very little out the holes, probably condensation but my black one, I have to keep wiping it off, weird.

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Exactly the same for me too, my SS one, very very little out the holes, probably condensation but my black one, I have to keep wiping it off, weird.
I don't know if it's the coating causing this, or what. It's strange that the problems are occurring only on the black ones. I might get ahold of Roxy and ask her.

saytar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When you guys wick the Boreas do you place your tails more by the side of the deck or do you leave space by the side an tuck them more towards the middle? I still have not been able to get the boreas working like you guys have. if I take a huge hit its dry AF
Just cleaned coils and rewicked mine..................this time I left about 1/2" tails (AFTER I fluffed the and removed the raggedy ends) and just folded them in under the coil, then using my very thin sharp pick I pushed the cotton back and out to the edge close to the post AND made sure the juice holes (I'm using the 2.5 mm deck with max VG) were covered well. The rearranged and made sure that the area directly under the coils had a decent opening for air from one side to the other, I also moved the coils higher up close to level with the top of the post, also gives you more room for fluffed tails and an air channel under the coil. Now not pee peeing a tiny bit (weeping not really running out, and this only happened when filling, once a vape or two no leaking even old way). Now if I crack one air hole a bit and tilt the tank...emptying the bottom cup as much as possible....then close it, fill it full, then tilt it upside down and crack part of one air hole open. Upon setting it back up I quickly take a few short vapes (I call it priming) and I'm off to the races...

No weeping juice, some condensation on mod after a while...which is normal...........and most of all no leaks. The biggest problem with all the bottom coil tanks with this type design is (if leaking out the air ports) is too little proper fluffed cotton, not enough wicking, too much packed too tight cotton might not leak, but it will give dry hit on a chain vape.....unless it is an O-ring or improperly tighten cap or such issue (or manufacturer defect, which is rare) most leaks are a result of the way the wicking is "worked" before priming and filling.

The too little fluffed wicking is a sure fire way to get one leaking. Too little/too much packed wicking can get you leaking and or dry hits...........An added bonus is that highly fluffing the wicking will, in most case's, definitely improve the taste and flavor of the juice.....wicking is an art form.

Hope that helps

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just rewicked my 2 Boreas and I just lay the cotton on the deck. I kind of fold it under so the tails from each side are barely touching each other. Seems to work for me. I get no leaks at all this way.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

saytar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't know if it's the coating causing this, or what. It's strange that the problems are occurring only on the black ones. I might get ahold of Roxy and ask her.

Some condensation (and a little splatter off the coils, especially if they are too low on the deck) around the holes AND on the mod around the tank is somewhat normal (my SMOK RDTA does it too) as coils are directly behind the holes as is most of the heat produced and mixing with the cooler air rushing in. But look at my previous post about the wicking it might explain the issue's..............My Boreas's are all black and the condensation or any type weeping is lots easier to see on Black and irritating.............as always make sure your o-rings are in place and everything is screwed together good.

saytar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just rewicked my 2 Boreas and I just lay the cotton on the deck. I kind of fold it under so the tails from each side are barely touching each other. Seems to work for me. I get no leaks at all this way.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Basically same thing I'm doing, I just take a little extra time to poke (very loosely I might add) a bit extra back by the post and over the juice holes.......but you DON'T want to pack it too tight at all there......I just make sure their covered all the way, and make sure there is air flow under the coils too....no leaks here while using it, even if I stuff it in a pocket once in awhile....

After fluffing (I call my cotton tails.."Einstein hair type tails" cause until I smooth them up they sure look like Alberts hair style..LOL) for better wicking and flavor packing them too tight is counterproductive.....

saytar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Fixed the muthafucka !! I replaced the insulator with a Youde original Goliath silicone insulator, and a tiny o-ring. Now back to the fanboy jibber jabber :giggle:

Might take the pin and insulator out, clean all parts squeeky clean and dry.............the get some Red High Temp RTV and coat insulator around outside and center pin on inside........reassemble and let cure for 24 hr or so, then reassemble..........just make sure the RTV doesn't get on the copper pin threads, don't want to insulate that.......

This stuff works on hot car engines to seal thermostat's and such and stays put..........ought to work on what little heat it would get...............and if cured properly any issues with anything that MIGHT be bad in it should be gone.....most will evaporate thru curing............

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Might take the pin and insulator out, clean all parts squeeky clean and dry.............the get some Red High Temp RTV and coat insulator around outside and center pin on inside........reassemble and let cure for 24 hr or so, then reassemble..........just make sure the RTV doesn't get on the copper pin threads, don't want to insulate that.......

This stuff works on hot car engines to seal thermostat's and such and stays put..........ought to work on what little heat it would get...............and if cured properly any issues with anything that MIGHT be bad in it should be gone.....most will evaporate thru curing............
Thanks for the offer. But my fix is doing just fine man.

saytar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the offer. But my fix is doing just fine man.
Insulator better, but the other fella didn't have one....workaround

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got another eleaf 150watt TC..... They just hit good and strong...... And pack (3)18650...... Good mod.....
uploadfromtaptalk1466737354614.jpg

VU Sponsors