The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Got another eleaf 150watt TC..... They just hit good and strong...... And pack (3)18650...... Good mod.....
View attachment 54820

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

Been at the top of my list since they were on pre-order but still haven't bought one. WTF

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I been using Rx200 for many months now...... But realizing the eleaf is lighter doesn't get hot and love firing it with the side of my thumb..... A very comfortable and performing box......and packing 9,000 mah.... I do suggest getting one.....

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
They were around $30.00 but I see them popping around $50.00

I know they're not expensive - I keep getting distracted by other good deals though, lol.

It's my love for mechanical squonkers - my eye easily wanders with my limited vape budget.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw one on eBay with (3) 3,000 mah LG Hg2 and free shipping for $36.00

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I saw one on eBay with (3) 3,000 mah LG Hg2 and free shipping for $36.00

I gotta find one more awesome bf atty that will go well with my incoming brass squonker first

I haven't spent so much money so manically on a vice since I quit freebasing in the 80s

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I gotta find one more awesome bf atty that will go well with my incoming brass squonker first

I haven't spent so much money so manically on a vice since I quit freebasing in the 80s
I haven't freebassed in a while, like never...... Maybe should try....... It......

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Got another eleaf 150watt TC..... They just hit good and strong...... And pack (3)18650...... Good mod.....
150W ?? Mine is 200w, didn't know they made 150w. Or do you know something they aren't telling the rest of us?
Really like these with the Boreas. They sit nice on it and I love the side-thumb fire on this. Extremely comfortable. I have only had mine a little over a week, but it is flawless so far. I paid $34.99 with free shipping. eBay. Got it in 2 days.
Boreas_iStick200.JPG

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Manny, I think the batts are extra...add batteries and it goes to $56. I bought 6 new batts separately and got a better price on them. But the mod is still worth it. I like it better than the RX200 for sure.
Have you tried the TC on with TCR........ It works really cool......

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
150W ?? Mine is 200w, didn't know they made 150w. Or do you know something they aren't telling the rest of us?
Really like these with the Boreas. They sit nice on it and I love the side-thumb fire on this. Extremely comfortable. I have only had mine a little over a week, but it is flawless so far. I paid $34.99 with free shipping. eBay. Got it in 2 days.
View attachment 54840
It does fit beautiful with the Boreas... I mean flush to the millimeter......

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Have you tried the TC on with TCR........ It works really cool......
Have not...pretty much a straight power kind of guy. I messed with 316L SS some, but never stuck with it. I think I need to get some SS Claptons and revisit the TC with TCR.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have not...pretty much a straight power kind of guy. I messed with 316L SS some, but never stuck with it. I think I need to get some SS Claptons and revisit the TC with TCR.
Probably going to get flamed for this, but TC is just meh with me. Messed about with TC with ni200, 304,316L and 317L a lot and really dove into it. It just isn't my thing, much prefer power mode. A good build on a decent Mech will provide a very nice smooth and satisfying Vape. Sure on very rare occasions I may get a burnt hit, but that is so rare these days.

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Burnt hits are bad wicking or no juice...can't remember the last time I had one...years. I may try some SS claptons just for the fun of it, but really I like straight power vapes. Not sure why, but I seem to get a fuller vape. Probably because I just haven't messed with TC much, but I like to keep it simple. Just me, nothing against those who like TC.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Burnt hits are bad wicking or no juice...can't remember the last time I had one...years. I may try some SS claptons just for the fun of it, but really I like straight power vapes. Not sure why, but I seem to get a fuller vape. Probably because I just haven't messed with TC much, but I like to keep it simple. Just me, nothing against those who like TC.
Burnt hits also come from no juice left ;)

SS Fused Claptons is pretty much 90% all that I use these days and they really are easy to make. The real fancy coils like Alien, Stapled, etc. I plan on messing about with them when I have some free time. But SS Fused are easy and the flavor really comes alive with them. Put a good Fused Clapton on a series Mod ............ Damn fine vape!

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes, that is what I was saying "Burnt hits are bad wicking or no juice..." couldn't agree more.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Probably going to get flamed for this, but TC is just meh with me. Messed about with TC with ni200, 304,316L and 317L a lot and really dove into it. It just isn't my thing, much prefer power mode. A good build on a decent Mech will provide a very nice smooth and satisfying Vape. Sure on very rare occasions I may get a burnt hit, but that is so rare these days.
Yeah..... I'm in love with power mode..... Just go until you enjoy it, I'm already feeling that 65 to 80 watts it's about 340 to 360 degrees..... So I stick with power mode.....

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yeah..... I'm in love with power mode..... Just go until you enjoy it, I'm already feeling that 65 to 80 watts it's about 340 to 360 degrees..... So I stick with power mode.....

I agree

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just bought 25 Varitube V2 from the owner Cassandra they are like $3.85 or $2.85 if you buy larger quantities......I met them through Www.Varitube.com not a lot of companies that email you back and start a conversation with a customer.....
uploadfromtaptalk1466830123155.jpguploadfromtaptalk1466830134177.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Manny, I think the batts are extra...add batteries and it goes to $56. I bought 6 new batts separately and got a better price on them. But the mod is still worth it. I like it better than the RX200 for sure.
I'm putting a Varitube V2 on it tonight or tomorrow...... I just don't like the China cheap ones, I want my box to last and the 510 is what mostly goes on the $40.00 to $50.00 mods.
uploadfromtaptalk1466830275904.jpguploadfromtaptalk1466830284708.jpg

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm buying a stainless Boreas..... Why not......

Boreas is my preferred work atty - I have two in rotation and four backups I haven't built yet, only one in stainless, though I suppose it doesn't really matter. I just like the look of the black a hair better

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got (3) black and I was looking at my crown tank and said it looks good..... So Fuck...... EBay I bought a silver one and he's sending it priority, so I'll have it on Monday $28.00 so it's worth it to me.....

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm putting a Varitube V2 on it tonight or tomorrow...... I just don't like the China cheap ones, I want my box to last and the 510 is what mostly goes on the $40.00 to $50.00 mods.
View attachment 54922View attachment 54923

Did you buy the smooth top or the ones with air channels cut into them. I just picked 2 up myself. Smooth top in black and ss just incase my rx200s needs one someday. And from what I read it will..lol

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did you buy the smooth top or the ones with air channels cut into them. I just picked 2 up myself. Smooth top in black and ss just incase my rx200s needs one someday. And from what I read it will..lol
I got both, but really think the smooth one is sharp looking.....
uploadfromtaptalk1466884356137.jpg

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm putting a V2 Varitube (Black) in my RX200 tomorrow. I also have a FatDaddy V4 (SS) that I will put in a second RX200 that still works great...holding out till the 510 goes bad.
Are you putting one into your iStick? I have not looked at taking it apart...was wondering if it is easier than the RX200 is to replace.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the I stick is easier..... Not much cutting and sandind..... Pain in the ass on the RX200..... I started looking already at doing the I stick 200 watt...... I think she would look sweet with the smooth black Varitube V2.......

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Here is the smoother one.....
View attachment 54962

Are they hard to put in the rx200s? I'm gonna wait until it goes out but was just curious if I could do it myself or should I have someone who has done it before do it. Oh and by the way I'm not the best at diy and my mechanical skills are decent but nothing to much above average.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Are they hard to put in the rx200s? I'm gonna wait until it goes out but was just curious if I could do it myself or should I have someone who has done it before do it. Oh and by the way I'm not the best at diy and my mechanical skills are decent but nothing to much above average.

I'm curious about this too.

I love DIY but time is always a problem for me, and electricity is my biggest weak point :(

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I would want mine to sit flush with the top of my mod. Due to the varitube v2 510 being 22mm and I use a lot of 25mm tanks and it wouldn't look right if it wasn't flush.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They take several hours to install..... No shit...

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes, same here...I am going to make mine flush. It will sit right into the 510 cup once the little ridges inside are ground down. It sits right in the well. the well is just a hair over 22mm or the Varitube is just under. I just now checked if it would sit into it...virtually perfect.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Has anyone ordered off fatdaddyvapes.com. I was just looking around at there 510 and came across the noise cricket upgrade kit and was gonna order it. Was just wondering if anyone has ordered from them and if they ate realible. I'm thinking it should be OK because I think its fatdaddys official site. Not sure though.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You need tons of tools.... A Dremmel, a drill , hole bigger drill bit , pliers, clippers, soldering iron, small Phillips head ...... And a lot of time....

Looks like I won't be doing it myself..lol I have to find someone local that does great work. Or my second option is to use the same guy you sent yours too. Would much prefer someone local but won't sacrifice quality for convenience.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not really "easy" looks like a lot of messin' round, but I start the project tomorrow. We shall see.
You can do it.
Looks like I won't be doing it myself..lol I have to find someone local that does great work. Or my second option is to use the same guy you sent yours too. Would much prefer someone local but won't sacrifice quality for convenience.
Yeah most are doing it for $40.00 if you buy the parts........

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You should get what you can now - for many reasons.

Supposedly it's discontinued by Augvape for starters...
Wait, WHAT?!

I haven't been around much. I love the Boreas and I want more!

I've been building and cloud chucking and having fun ~.~

a6245fbb95d88e51825db04543f0b471.jpg

My current build is 316 SS twisted wire
36ea38fd04eabb5cca5ac2165f430c04.jpg
the one on the left I twisted with a drill the one on the right I hand twisted the day before
57d2eb7c4ea5dcfb1fb0ca976aa1c57c.jpg
ed63b8428c848cefb9c45c32f43085f4.jpg

Clocking in at .22 and I'm Vaping it at 66.6 watts on my RX200

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Wait, WHAT?!

I haven't been around much. I love the Boreas and I want more!

I've been building and cloud chucking and having fun ~.~

a6245fbb95d88e51825db04543f0b471.jpg

My current build is 316 SS twisted wire
36ea38fd04eabb5cca5ac2165f430c04.jpg
the one on the left I twisted with a drill the one on the right I hand twisted the day before
57d2eb7c4ea5dcfb1fb0ca976aa1c57c.jpg
ed63b8428c848cefb9c45c32f43085f4.jpg

Clocking in at .22 and I'm Vaping it at 66.6 watts on my RX200

Stock up while you can - they are indeed discontinued :(

VU Sponsors