Become a Patron!

The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You guys know we have 2 years, before everything stops right?
Get involved...

VAPE ON

Last edited:

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If the TPD is upheld you will need to BYOB -

Bring
Your
Own
Boreas

I think only 2 ml tanks will be allowed to be sold under the TPD
Briton is pretty much telling the EU to fuck off with the TPD from what I've read. The TPD has added more fuel to the movement to leave the EU.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Briton is pretty much telling the EU to fuck off with the TPD from what I've read. The TPD has added more fuel to the movement to leave the EU.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

That is a wait and see situation for sure - I'm glad the Brits are standing up for vaping. It's a beacon for sure

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I got one coming in today. Curious as to the ergonomics of it compared to the RX200. One of my RX200s is getting ready for a 510 replacement. I will start that tomorrow. I think these eLeaf units might use the same 510 ... not sure.
How do you like it?

NickIsANoob

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
It's the same 510, same board, probably the same assembly line, I would say that one istick outlasting 2 rx200 is anecdotal evidence. The quality of the units is equal.

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yup, that's why I ordered an extra 510 for when I have to change out the one on the iStick. I'm expecting that to happen. Sooner or later. What can you expect for $35??

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got one coming in today. Curious as to the ergonomics of it compared to the RX200. One of my RX200s is getting ready for a 510 replacement. I will start that tomorrow. I think these eLeaf units might use the same 510 ... not sure.
How do you like it?
Hits strong ....no delays..... Fits fantastic in the hand....... Check this out.....

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's the same 510, same board, probably the same assembly line, I would say that one istick outlasting 2 rx200 is anecdotal evidence. The quality of the units is equal.
The RX 200 doesn't like when hit too hard...... Hit it over 100 watts and they won't last long..... Once they start showing too hot warnings they just go......

NickIsANoob

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The RX 200 doesn't like when hit too hard...... Hit it over 100 watts and they won't last long..... Once they start showing too hot warnings they just go......

I have an RX 200 purchased in December used daily, DNA 200 and 200S i am always above 100w with them and haven't had them fail yet. I do hate the 510 in them.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You don't Vape like I do...... I Vape 60ml to 90 ml daily always above 120watts and with the BFT all day long at 150 to 180 watts...... Maybe I mistreated my rx200's...... After taking 20 or 25 150watt hits the mod shows over temperature or is it mod too hot...... Then it blanked out...... The second one was with the silicone cover, I think that had to do something with it......

The eleaf 200 watt TC is a different material..... At 150 watts it doesn't get hot, maybe it's not hitting as advertised...... But it's hitting pretty hot....

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
510 is different..... On the RX is deeper in the body and there is a plastic ring around the pin that starts by getting smashed, then it simply falls apart, the mod lays directly on the body of the RX200 not on the eleaf 200 watt..... The pin is set higher, and it leaves a bit of distance between the mod and arty..... You can't barely tell but it's there.....

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wonder if the deck could be put inside the Boreas Tank...it looks similar to the Boreas deck...

Vapeston-Cloudnus-RDTA-Good-Deck-For-All-Wires.jpg
Vapeston-Cloudnus-RDTA-06.jpg

Alright Raymo, here's one tank to look at. 15ml juice and postless .................

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Alright Raymo, here's one tank to look at. 15ml juice and postless .................

I did see that...still not overly impressed...all the same stuff that keeps getting regurgitated in different fashions...I wish Augvape just made my RDA and then I wouldnt be in the position and many would be satisfied...though I havent bought a postless deck RDA/RTA yet..

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did see that...still not overly impressed...all the same stuff that keeps getting regurgitated in different fashions...I wish Augvape just made my RDA and then I wouldnt be in the position and many would be satisfied...though I havent bought a postless deck RDA/RTA yet..

Only thing for me that is attractive is 15ml juice and postless. I really like postless decks, so much room ya know.

But to be honest, the Modfather is such an awesome Tank I really can't justify another one ya know. I'm in redundancy mode now, getting back ups of my favorite gear and I really don't need new stuff at this point.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Only thing for me that is attractive is 15ml juice and postless. I really like postless decks, so much room ya know.

But to be honest, the Modfather is such an awesome Tank I really can't justify another one ya know. I'm in redundancy mode now, getting back ups of my favorite gear and I really don't need new stuff at this point.
The Clounus looks to suck since Ive watched a few videos but Im still hoping for a 25mm/30mm Boreas with a True Goon Deck...

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You don't Vape like I do...... I Vape 60ml to 90 ml daily always above 120watts and with the BFT all day long at 150 to 180 watts...... Maybe I mistreated my rx200's...... After taking 20 or 25 150watt hits the mod shows over temperature or is it mod too hot...... Then it blanked out...... The second one was with the silicone cover, I think that had to do something with it......

The eleaf 200 watt TC is a different material..... At 150 watts it doesn't get hot, maybe it's not hitting as advertised...... But it's hitting pretty hot....

Big problem with the Reuleaux is Wismec went cheap on both the 510 pin and the wiring. We all know about the 510 pin but they also only use 18g for internal wiring. I'm waiting for my DNA Reuleaux to get back with the upgrade, I believe replacing the 18g wiring with 16g will make a fairly substantial difference.

rolf 2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I sent one out to get a Varitube 510 and a new pwm board and rewiring everything..... It's $40.00 but she is going to be strong.....

hi mannyscoot
which pwm board are you using ?
building a mod ..all homebrew case carbon fiber and maple burl and home brew magnetic switch .
varnishing that monster now ..has 4 18650 , series /parallel .
tack soldered an 510 just to test it before I botton everything up ..and whaueee it vapes nice .
my board is a smart pwm 2.1 love it nice and small to !

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hi mannyscoot
which pwm board are you using ?
building a mod ..all homebrew case carbon fiber and maple burl and home brew magnetic switch .
varnishing that monster now ..has 4 18650 , series /parallel .
tack soldered an 510 just to test it before I botton everything up ..and whaueee it vapes nice .
my board is a smart pwm 2.1 love it nice and small to !
I get boards from (Removed private E-mail...Use pm system please)Email him and ask him which will fit in that mod..... He has several kinds..... Or call him.....

Last edited by a moderator:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
hey lucy the juicy
I will post some pix of it later ..this fast dry poly urethane varnish dries slower then molasses in January and I want 2 more coats on it .
finger prints only make it uglier than it already is lol

Take your time - you won't regret keeping it purty

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
My Istick 200watt TC...... Fits good in hand, fire it with thumb and hits strong.
Manny, got my iStick 200 today. Love the way it fits in the hand. The grip allows my right thumb to just fall across the fire button and just a slight "squeeze" and she fires like a champ. Very comfortable.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Manny, got my iStick 200 today. Love the way it fits in the hand. The grip allows my right thumb to just fall across the fire button and just a slight "squeeze" and she fires like a champ. Very comfortable.
You can even update the version of she is lagging when firing..... If she fires good at the temperature you like, leave the update alone..... Mine was taking time to fire at 100 watts, took time to warm up...... The update fixed that..... My main coils used are fused Claptons and require power at .10ohms...... I'm glad you like it..... And you will enjoy it better and longer than a Reuleux...... I got a month old Reuleux keep it protected and in my pocket most of the time...... The 510 is almost gone and the paint is gone in over 50% of the mod..... Man..... But can't expect much for $40.00 but the eleaf will look beautiful for a long time, it's just well built.... And yes about $35.00.....LOL

DP2Raja

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Mine is firing just fine, but I am only at 55 watts. Dual claptons 0.36 ohms for the pair. Think I'll hold on the update for now.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone noticed leaking from the 510 connector ? I switched out the insulator and pin. Still leaking when I chain vape or when the 510 gets warm.

Topweasel

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has anyone noticed leaking from the 510 connector ? I switched out the insulator and pin. Still leaking when I chain vape or when the 510 gets warm.
The base that you screw in under the coil has a Oring that you might not notice until you start having leaking through the 510. I lost mine to a sink without noticing and if i didn't have a fresh Boreas in a box to compare to I might never have noticed.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I haven't - I chain vape the bejesus out of mine at work but I only vape at 1 ohm at about 45 watts

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The base that you screw in under the coil has a Oring that you might not notice until you start having leaking through the 510. I lost mine to a sink without noticing and if i didn't have a fresh Boreas in a box to compare to.
It's not leaking from the base. I'm well aware of the base o-ring. It's leaking from the 510 insulator and copper 510 positive pin. Thanks tho.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I thought the vodka was for cleaning vapes, not actual drinking!

vapeshredz

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When you guys wick the Boreas do you place your tails more by the side of the deck or do you leave space by the side an tuck them more towards the middle? I still have not been able to get the boreas working like you guys have. if I take a huge hit its dry AF

VU Sponsors