Become a Patron!

The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interesting function on the HW mod...
"Initiates 151W momentarily then switches over to selected watt to establish near instant temp"

Like yihi powerful+ on steroids. I can see why that would be a good mod for thick fancy coils.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Interesting function on the HW mod...
"Initiates 151W momentarily then switches over to selected watt to establish near instant temp"

Like yihi powerful+ on steroids. I can see why that would be a good mod for thick fancy coils.
Its not like it sounds, its almost an instant switch....you wont feel it hit anywhere near 151w...and now its 171w thanks to the latest update. If you vape at 20w-30w yuou wont feel much more then that but you may need to back it down if thats the power you use on other mods...its wattage feels more genuine and not exaggerated.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I'm sure that fraction of a second at high watts helps to get heat into a large coil though. Like if you like the temp of the vape at 70w but need to run it at 90w so you're not tapping your toes waiting on something to happen. That's the main reason I don't vape in power mode... the lag.

I think I'm going to get a dual battery enclosure for my 350j chip and pull it from my sx mini. Should be around $50. The power+ setting works really well but single battery just doesn't cut.

Lol, you think the Boreas only costs $38... wait till you get the bug to upgrade support equipment for it :eek:

mcvigo

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So im running a dual 28gauge simple build, 10 wraps ss, and my juice is non existant. I drop 3 mls and the tank just sucks it up. Such a huge juice hog.

This and the fact that there is minor leaking if i set it sideways in my bed are the only cons.

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So im running a dual 28gauge simple build, 10 wraps ss, and my juice is non existant. I drop 3 mls and the tank just sucks it up. Such a huge juice hog.

This and the fact that there is minor leaking if i set it sideways in my bed are the only cons.

Yep - It is a big boy tank. Got to put 8ml in it and the juice will last.

Put 3ml in and your just pissing in the wind. Although, that 3 ml should still taste great.

A lot of RTA's will leak if you lay them on their side.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe more wick laying dowwn on the base? Most vacuum tanks can leak if on their sides but I haven't had that issue with mine yet. I also haven't intentionally left it on it's side to check but it has been while in my pocket or tipped over in my cars cup holder for short periods.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've noticed better vape with a bit of juice showing in the tank than vaping it below the glass line.
Probably more pressure pushing juice to the wick... not sure.

But fill her at least half way, it won't be wasted... just give it a minute and gone lol

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Maybe more wick laying dowwn on the base? Most vacuum tanks can leak if on their sides but I haven't had that issue with mine yet. I also haven't intentionally left it on it's side to check but it has been while in my pocket or tipped over in my cars cup holder for short periods.

I have no issues for short periods. Left laying flat on it's side for 10 minutes or so and some juice seeped out. Will not do that again.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
e24fd3a9364f689378dc997fe03f3767.jpg

Just wanna share
I'm not affiliated with this guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Yeah, I screwed up and shoved it in my pocket at my office today - the leak wasn't the worst, but any more and it would have been a bad development lets say.

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I wear bib overalls a lot. My RX with the boreas fits nicely in the bib pocket. I take it to work daily, only 1, along with a 30ml refill bottle. I don't lay it over, that's just asking for a mess, but I get almost no leaks whether I top or bottom fill.

VU Sponsors