Become a Patron!

The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

rolf 2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
What he said ^^ . There's always the cheap trick of using a nihm setting on a balance charger. It will occasionally work, even if the cells are zeroed.
thanks for the info mark !
I heard that before some where but it did not sink in !
I got an imax charger and just for the hell of it plugged it in and connected it and set to nimh
nothing bad happens so far it charges at 0.1 amps. watching it for a while see what happens .
just don't remember how I rewired it , it a 4s . if I remember right 2 paralleled in series but not a 100% sure .
charging at pos and neg now and ignoring the balance lead for now .
any more tips let me know and wish me luck !

markcfh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thanks for the info mark !
I heard that before some where but it did not sink in !
I got an imax charger and just for the hell of it plugged it in and connected it and set to nimh
nothing bad happens so far it charges at 0.1 amps. watching it for a while see what happens .
just don't remember how I rewired it , it a 4s . if I remember right 2 paralleled in series but not a 100% sure .
charging at pos and neg now and ignoring the balance lead for now .
any more tips let me know and wish me luck !
I would try to get it to maybe 3.4-3.6 v per cell. Then let it balance charge through the lipo mode.
I'm sure sir types super fast may have some additional info, he's smarter than I

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Holy crap guys, this tank is mutating me!

I'm a 45-60 watt vaper, but on the Boreas I find myself simply having to put it at 70-80. I've even ramped it up to 90! It's just sooo smooth and flavorful, I can't help it!

... I'm slowly turning into @raymo2u :eek:

HAHAHA --- yeah, this thing has me beside myself too

chinacatsunflower-

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
HAHAHA --- yeah, this thing has me beside myself too

I also just tried out one of my DIY juices on it that actually came out quite well, vaping a Vanilla Cream 3mg/ml 70 VG and uuuuuungh I can't put it down. I neeeeed sleeeep.. @roxynoodle , I'm blaming it all on you to my boss tomorrow when I end up exhausted! :xD:

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I also just tried out one of my DIY juices on it that actually came out quite well, vaping a Vanilla Cream 3mg/ml 70 VG and uuuuuungh I can't put it down. I neeeeed sleeeep.. @roxynoodle , I'm blaming it all on you to my boss tomorrow when I end up exhausted! :xD:

I have severe insomnia. I haven't slept for nearly 40 years. Hope you get some sleep tonight!

chinacatsunflower-

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I have severe insomnia. I haven't slept for nearly 40 years. Hope you get some sleep tonight!

I'm so sorry to hear that, I know a couple people with severe insomnia, I could only imagine what hell that would be like. My sleep is precious to me. I however do have trouble falling asleep, it takes me a minimum of an hour to fall asleep every night, upwards of 3 or 4. I honestly don't know what it is, simply takes that long. I generally always do fall asleep, but it damn near takes forever!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Mix up a supply with 0 nic --- STAT!!!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Can't like your post Roxy, cuz I have had the same problem for many many years....regardless of how hired I am.

Wake exhausted with an average of four hrs of sleep every night. Hate to take a sleeping sedative, like you, we're already taking enough crap for our pancreas problems.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Can't like your post Roxy, cuz I have had the same problem for many many years....regardless of how hired I am.

Wake exhausted with an average of four hrs of sleep every night. Hate to take a sleeping sedative, like you, we're already taking enough crap for our pancreas problems.

They don't even work for me. The doctors have prescribed them all. I wonder now how I managed 2-4 jobs, often sleeping 0-4 hours per night for 19 years. It might be a miracle I never had a car accident.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
All the LiFe packs I've seen are relatively large compared to a similar lipo. I think they are used for transmitters and receiver packs mostly. Haven't heard of anyone using them in an actual rc car yet.

I have LiFePO4 packs at 3,200mah sitting smaller than 2,800mah packs of the same cell count.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
LiFePO4 cells are also much more stable on a chemistry level.

Last edited:

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I got the film from www.decorativefilm.com. for 3 bucks you can select 5 different samples. that red is the light red. the dark red was to dark to see juice level through. the sizes of samples varied, so it seems the samples are just extra cut off edges of other orders, but they were plenty big enough to wrap a couple tanks at a minimum.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Nice way to ship coils... and it's reusable too ;)
Nice tools in your vape mail too :D
Upgrading all the tools for ones Ive found work better then conventional tools...Its odd but I find jewelry tools seem the highest quality and hardest tool steel then anything else Ive used. Thats what Ive been stocking up on, next will be the drill though-need one with higher RPMs!

If anyone here has issues with cutting their wicks I HIGHLY suggest you pick up some thread nippers like shown in that picture or even the plastic handles versions you see on ebay....#wickgamechangers

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Upgrading all the tools for ones Ive found work better then conventional tools...Its odd but I find jewelry tools seem the highest quality and hardest tool steel then anything else Ive used. Thats what Ive been stocking up on, next will be the drill though-need one with higher RPMs

MIP tools hex wrench, last hex wrench you'll buy for life... unless you lose it or do something stupid with it like use it as a leverage bar or scraper lol

2.5mm and up doesn't need to be very exact tolerance but when you are getting down to the jewelry size 0.05 stuff precision makes a huge difference. The tools for jewelry are a great inexpensive route to go but if you use it often or with expensive Ti hardware, MIP is worth the money in the long run.

Just about any hex wrench is better than the shit L wrenches that come with vape gear and that's the #1 reason people strip the grub screw heads out.

NatGasMan

James
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
@pwheeler

5896c1cc55ce62c6473ad857c539bc36.jpg

3a4c6ab06e8fa49e532755968178da19.jpg

This sure is nice! Have some of Ray's Claptons in there and wow, just wow! Flavor and vapor for days!

Still playing the FSK setting. But 22% is working very fine right now.

Last edited:

NatGasMan

James
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

NatGasMan

James
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Well Bill, I'm a big guy..6'3" and 270. It feels fine in my hand. Is it the most comfortable mod I've ever owned, well no. It doesn't feel bad to me at all. But again remember my hands are big.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'm kinda spoiled by my RX's! How does it feel in your hand?
By wieght you wont notice it, its lighter then almost every mod and Tube I own, Its just as light as the Noisy Cricket....hope that puts it in perspective for you! Its not as big as I thought it was, its a tiny bit bigger then the Istick100TC...Its like a taller Castigador..

haleysdadda

AKA BILL
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
It may..it would be tight though If you could fit a half winch wider cuboid in your shirt then yes

Yes the Normal and LE are just a paintjob in difference, the LE has shiny symbols and the normal has painted symbols
Used to carry my IPV4s all the time with plenty of room!

VU Sponsors