Become a Patron!

The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also the X200 is only a 900mah device, so even though I'm sure it's well made, I wouldn't recommend it due to piss poor battery life.

SX Mini Q Class SX450. The wannabe DNA200 from SX.
Where did you guys pre order?

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I take that back, it's a 1,300mah Lipo. Fuck this I'm preordering the X200, that shit is stab woodeautifulicious.

I preordered mine off of VapeNW a while back.

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
BAck to my original question. What will the SX give me over a DNA?

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Never mind!

Literally nothing. The DNA200 has Escribe, the SX350J-V2 and SX450 have SX-Q. SX-Q is ugly and has less features than Escribe. Less options to modify on the mod. The Q Class is dual 18650 fake200W, the DNA200 is three cell true 200W.

I know it's not out yet, but since I got to play with the prototype that was, and I quote the SX rep here, 95% IDENTICAL to the retail mod, I'm not holding my breath on it being anywhere close to the DNA200 in terms of options.

$350 for the SX? The SX Q Class is $199.99 and is 20% off on preorders most places.

$419.99 for the Cartel, well I paid nearly $400 for the AxisVapes M17 Stab wood dual dyed box so, to me it is.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
No, that's the Sigelei 213W.

The SX Mini Q Class is a 200W dual 18650 wannabe DNA200.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Sigelei dropped SX-chips when the FuChai came out entirely. IPV's just keep repurposing the SX330.

The IPV5 has the SX330WeSoupedThisBitchUpForTheTenthTimeGuys chip, the IPV4 has the SX330V3S 9000384 or whatever the fuck. They just keep modifying the same chip, so Sigelei dropped it to make cheaper mods.

Are you sure Roxy? For the longest time Sigelei claimed to use SX chips with their own in house screen design.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It made me really happy to see someone who actually knows how to safely discard a lipo battery. Don't just throw it in the trash though, some dump site somewhere could go up in flames. Unlikely as hell, but possible.

Yeah, I'm not very earth friendly about it, not bothering to go find a lipo recycle place but I at least take the energy out of them so they just smolder instead of resembling a magnesium block on fire if anything goes wrong between my trash can and the land fill.
I would guess 95% of recreational use lipos are tossed in the trash anyway so me being responsible isn't going to move the needle any.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sigelei dropped SX-chips when the FuChai came out. IPV's just keep repurposing the SX330.

The IPV5 has the SX330WeSoupedThisBitchUpForTheTenthTimeGuys chip, the IPV4 has the SX330V3S 9000384 or whatever the fuck. They just keep modifying the same chip, so Sigelei dropped it to make cheaper mods.
LOLZ

tazz2293

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The RELEAUX I think is the best DNA MOD as of right now... Price and quality you can't beat it...

VAPE IT

Only thing I do not like about the Reuleaux DNA 200 is the Battery Compartment. If it had the same battery compartment as the RX 200 I would definitely buy it

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only thing I do not like about the Reuleaux DNA 200 is the Battery Compartment. If it had the same battery compartment as the RX 200 I would definitely buy it
I had 3 RX
Are you talking about the battery sled that rips people batts??

rolf 2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
When you store a lipo battery, rather it be in a device or not, you NEED to make sure it's around the nominal pack voltage. 3.7V on a single cell, 7.4V on a dual cell, 11.V on a three cell, 14.8V on a four cell, etc. If it's below or (especially) above this voltage it'll develop lumps. I won't go into confusing engineer details on why this happens, but it can cause all sorts of problems. The pack may not take a charge ever again, the pack may swell and go into thermal runaway on you during use, the pack could even catch on fire. Never store a lipo battery for longer than a week that isn't sitting at its nominal voltage charge capacity, it's dangerous.

I'm not saying you didn't do this, you may have. But just in case you didn't, I'd take the battery out and thoroughly check it for lumps or dents to make sure it's still safe to even have in your house.
you are right !
it is a little bloated to will bring it to a hazardes disposal site .it is not safe to ceep it around .
the mod has a zener cut off which works great , when it stops vaping put it on a balanced charger nice !
but here comes the problem when not using the mod for a long time the chip will continue to discharge the battery ever so slowly .to below the zener cut off . to the bitter end !!
could have should have ..put in a switch to isolate the battery from the chip .
new better but forgot to do it . so anybody building a mod with lipos or same thing with the 18650 s and using these buck converters like a t10 or the 20 version ...put in a switch to separate the battery from the chip, and don't store it with out one .
another lesson learned . some one told me if you are so dammed smart ..why aren't you rich ?

!

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Put the deck with the SS TC build back in.

Maybe it's me being impatient and running watts too high to get the coil moving before I am out of lung since I'm used to instant vape with TC.
Maybe it's a kanthal vs SS wire thing.
The kanthal clapton has a ton of thick vapor but the flavor is not even close to the SS TC build.

I'll throw a order in for a few different gauge SS spools and try SS claptons in a week or so.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
you are right !
it is a little bloated to will bring it to a hazardes disposal site .it is not safe to ceep it around .
the mod has a zener cut off which works great , when it stops vaping put it on a balanced charger nice !
but here comes the problem when not using the mod for a long time the chip will continue to discharge the battery ever so slowly .to below the zener cut off . to the bitter end !!
could have should have ..put in a switch to isolate the battery from the chip .

General lipo rule is never leave it plugged in when not in use for an extended period of time.

Last edited:

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
The RELEAUX I think is the best DNA MOD as of right now... Price and quality you can't beat it...

VAPE IT

Pinched screen ribbon, wiring is below Evolv minimum spec, the board is grounded with a screw, the 510 pin is shitty.

..Eh.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pinched screen ribbon, wiring is below Evolv minimum spec, the board is grounded with a screw, the 510 pin is shitty.

..Eh.
a1b4951f87438092b36ab0e00eef0f55.jpg

haleysdadda

AKA BILL
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
talking about nicads had one I used for an aircraft radio in my sailplane it was a wet cell NiCad .
and then lipos whow ! they can sure draw some amps have them in 2 mods ..just to large for my taste .
mike petro called it his weekender (on an other channel )it lasts me all week lol.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I'm surprised nobody is making use of LiFePO4 batteries in DNA200's. They have a lower nominal voltage, but they typically have higher capacity ratings in smaller packages than LiPo batteries do.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Sigelei dropped SX-chips when the FuChai came out entirely. IPV's just keep repurposing the SX330.

Are you sure Roxy? For the longest time Sigelei claimed to use SX chips with their own in house screen design.

I'm pretty sure. My original 100W has an sx330. The 100W plus definitely has a different chip even though the screen looks the same. I don't think my 150tc has a Yihi chip either.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Well the 150TC had an identical layout to the TC on the Yihi chips. Joules and all.

markcfh

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All the LiFe packs I've seen are relatively large compared to a similar lipo. I think they are used for transmitters and receiver packs mostly. Haven't heard of anyone using them in an actual rc car yet.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Well the 150TC had an identical layout to the TC on the Yihi chips. Joules and all.

The fake 330 boards are pretty close, too, but when I tested them, they were less accurate.

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my black version today from STS. Ordered it on Saturday, shipped on Tuesday. Built it with dual 3mm twisted 24g kanthal 8 wraps, .22ohm's. Wicked with rayon. Loving it so far!

It looks real good on my black rx200, but doesn't sit totally flush. I'm using in on my kanger 120w. Overhang city!

1419078c5b83e2adb4edeef4b2e939f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors