The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

thunderdan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
My main point here, is just because something is larger does not make it bigger. Like I said in my first post, I remember a time long ago when the RTA's with wider chimneys got a LOT of hate due to the wider chimney design causing the vapor to lose density and flavor. This seems to have been forgotten about.

On the deck, the Boreas true build size is 16.8mm, the Supreme is 16.3mm, so for fused and staple clapton wire, you're going to max out the build decks with the same, identical builds. Now if you use more rounded wire builds, yes you may be able to fit another wrap. One whole wrap isn't a game changer.

For me, personally, the JFC and AFC being separate made all the difference in the world, but the fact you have ALL of the airflow in the Supreme hitting the coil dead center, where the Boreas has maybe 40% of the airflow hitting the wicks/deck posts, combined with the larger chimney in the Boreas leads to loss of flavor. I'm not making these things up, I had the Boreas before I had the Supreme and that day I told myself 'I see no way the Aromamizer Supreme is going to beat this.' then I got the Supreme and I proved myself wrong.

I, personally, with identical builds, get better flavor and a more dense vape off the Supreme than I do the Boreas. The knurling on the Supreme also makes filling MUCH easier, and the JFC and AFC being separate makes more sense. What if you wanted to use high VG on a lower wattage? You close the airflow down, then your juice isn't wicking as good anymore. So it forces low wattage high-VG juice using vapors to deal with more airflow than they may want

Also, I said the Boreas MIGHT have a TOUCH more airflow than the Supreme, to be honest the amount of total airflow is about the same.

I am not trying to rationalize purchases, I own both products and neither are exactly bank breaking in terms of cost. I like the Boreas. I think it's a damned good device, I think if you own one you're going to enjoy the hell out of it. I like mine a lot. I just like my Supreme more, and I've given the reasons why.

In all honestly, you have Roxy, the designer of the tank, saying she likes the Boreas more. Maybe she really does, but you have to admit there's a certain amount of potential bias there. Raymo has an upcoming tank design into Augvape as well, so there's a certian amount of potential bias there as well. We are biased creatures, us humans, I honestly don't think there's a single one of us alive that can say we aren't biased.

But when it comes to these two devices, I think I can say I'm not. The first SC product I owned was the first Aromamizer. Anyone else remember that thing? In my opinion it was garbage. The the Aromamizer V1 RDTA had a LOT of issues I did NOT like. Tiny ass build deck, a damned VAPE BAND for AFC, no topfill. Hell, I even think Steamcrave dropped the ball on the 22mm Aromamizer V2. But I like the Supreme better, and I gave reasons why. I'm just trying to contribute to this, leaving anyone on the fence about buying one tank or the other, to get information from someone who enjoys both products but likes the Supreme a little more.

The way Roxy described it, the deck on the Supreme you'd THINK was like 2mm smaller, but it's not, it's .5mm smaller and as I said, unless you use thinner, rounder wire type wire in your builds, the decks will be maxed out by the same sized builds. I can fit 9 wrap 3mm fused 28 x 2 with 32 ga claptons in my Supreme and that's the maximum for that wire. On the Boreas, it's also the maximum I can fit, I might be able to up the diameter to MAYBE 3.2mm and have it fit, but that's not a huge difference.

A bigger build deck does not make by default a better device, there's plenty of other factors. Like the Supreme airflow hitting the coil directly with ALL of the Airflow, the thinner chimney preserving flavor/density over a wider chimeny, the knurling on the Supreme making filling easier, the JFC and AFC being separate.

To be fair, the Boreas does have advantages. It holds one more ml of juice, it's cheaper, the build deck is a LITTLE bigger. I'm not saying the Supreme has the Boreas beat in every department, I'm just saying I personally have vaped both tanks a good bit and I like the Supreme more.

And no, a smaller drip tip doesn't fix the problem and here's why:

The vapor is STILL traveling up through that wider chimney, and the density/flavor is ALREADY LOST by the time it hits the drip tip. The drip tip is just bottlenecking it ONCE IT ALREADY LEAVES the chimeny. So no, your claim is wrong Raymo, that fixes nothing. Also, read the page. In stock ON PREORDER, saying the tanks were leaving CHINA on the 30th of March, yesterday. So that's incorrect as well.

You can have the JFC wide open and close down the airflow super tight. I don't think you quite understand how much freedom you have with the AFC/JFC you have on the boreas.

About the only combo you can't have is wide open airflow and closed off juice flow, which I'm not sure why that would ever be applicable in real world usage scenarios.

I just leave the JFC wide open and adjust draw to my liking for the build/wattage I'm using. Not once ever have I said, on any RTA, man, I wish I had less juice flow. Maybe that's the high VG user in me though.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
The AFC and the JFC of the Boreas is connected, closing the airflow closes the juice flow. The Aromamizer has them separate. The Aromamizer also has the exact same style of JFC as the Boreas, so any 'freedom' the Boreas gives you the Aromamizer gives you too. Never once did I say it had too much juice flow control, I'm saying the fact that you have to close the airflow ring down to close the juice flow control off is a design I didn't much care for. If there's some workaround to shut the JFC off without touching the airflow, I'm not aware of it. But I know the intended way to shut off the juice flow is to shut the airflow off, because turning the airflow ring turns off the juiceflow.

NoFumus, I don't even have a response to that. I'm not here to challenge companies, I posted in this thread to state I like the Supreme more and I gave my reasons why. If you have everyone in a thread saying they like one product more it leads to bias, which can skew people's opinions reading it. I'm posting here to show that I've tried both and like the Supreme more.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
No, I appreciate all input.

I guess by smaller I meant ID diameter of the coils, not number of wraps. That makes a significant difference in surface area.

And don't accuse me of stealing a design, please. Mine was in the works while they were testing a 22.5mm atty that didn't have jc. I had no reason to think these attys would be anything like each other.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I've heard a bunch of information on both sides. One thing I know I don't have is the truth, which is impossible for me to get. I don't have any evidence you stole it, I don't have any evidence you didn't. I don't have any evidence you're not a purple robot typing this from the moon.

DukeBlue

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The AFC and the JFC of the Boreas is connected, closing the airflow closes the juice flow. The Aromamizer has them separate. The Aromamizer also has the exact same style of JFC as the Boreas, so any 'freedom' the Boreas gives you the Aromamizer gives you too. Never once did I say it had too much juice flow control, I'm saying the fact that you have to close the airflow ring down to close the juice flow control off is a design I didn't much care for. If there's some workaround to shut the JFC off without touching the airflow, I'm not aware of it. But I know the intended way to shut off the juice flow is to shut the airflow off, because turning the airflow ring turns off the juiceflow.

NoFumus, I don't even have a response to that. I'm not here to challenge companies, I posted in this thread to state I like the Supreme more and I gave my reasons why. If you have everyone in a thread saying they like one product more it leads to bias, which can skew people's opinions reading it. I'm posting here to show that I've tried both and like the Supreme more.

The juice flow/air flow is connected on the Boreas. If you open the JFC and air all the way with 4 holes open you can then make small adjustments to close all 4 holes at the same time. This barely moves the juice flow so you still have it 99% open.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No body steal from anybody
THEY JUST IMPROVE WHATEVER IS LACKING FROM THE OTHER, I bet you guys, mutation,Geekvape,vaporesso,kanger, eh pro, Wismec etccccccc they all will have similarities, I just wish the BOREAS has the knurling like the ALLERIA....

VAPE IT

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah but it's still connected. I just like having them separate. To be honest though, I run both tanks wide open so it's not making a difference, I also exclusive vape 75% VG and above so. I never shut down JFC, ever.

WHEN DID THEFT BECOME A PART OF THIS DISCUSSION? I didn't state in any of my posts anybody stole ANYTHING from anyone.

thunderdan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

You still don't get it. Its OK. I'd take a pic, but its too dark in here to see what I'm talking about, maybe if I spell it out for you. You open the JFC/AFC all the way, IE all 4 holes open/juice flow open, then dial all 4 holes down to your preferred level of restriction, all the way down to m2l type airflow if one desired.

NoFumus

Member For 4 Years
I've heard a bunch of information on both sides. One thing I know I don't have is the truth, which is impossible for me to get. I don't have any evidence you stole it, I don't have any evidence you didn't. I don't have any evidence you're not a purple robot typing this from the moon.

If you don't have any evidence, then why would you make that claim, and it was the Raymo as well, if I remember correctly.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
No I do get it. The airflow and the juice flow are connected on the same ring. Workarounds may exist, but I'm saying I LIKE THEM SEPARATE. Maybe you don't get it?

If you don't have any evidence, then why would you make that claim, and it was the Raymo as well, if I remember correctly.

I didn't make that claim, the only discussion I've even had outside of this post was on reddit, and it was conjecture, not accusations of theft.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You still don't get it. Its OK. I'd take a pic, but its too dark in here to see what I'm talking about, maybe if I spell it out for you. You open the JFC/AFC all the way, IE all 4 holes open/juice flow open, then dial all 4 holes down to your preferred level of restriction, all the way down to m2l type airflow if one desired.

I think what he's trying to say is
It's more convenient to have
AFC/JC SEPARATE!

jhhollier

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Then you don't know anything. This post makes it obvious that you THINK Roxy stole the design and I think it's pretty disrespectful.

I, on the other hand, know for a fact that Roxy was working on this design before the Supreme was announced. Unless Roxy is a corporate ninja spy, I'm not sure how she would've had the Supreme's design over a month before it was even announced. Of course you'll probably just state that you have no evidence I'm telling the truth.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Then you don't know anything. This post makes it obvious that you THINK Roxy stole the design and I think it's pretty disrespectful.

I, on the other hand, know for a fact that Roxy was working on this design before the Supreme was announced. Unless Roxy is a corporate ninja spy, I'm not sure how she would've had the Supreme's design over a month before it was even announced. Of course you'll probably just state that you have no evidence I'm telling the truth.

He does know from the beginning.

It was an 8 week project.

thunderdan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
No I do get it. The airflow and the juice flow are connected on the same ring. Workarounds may exist, but I'm saying I LIKE THEM SEPARATE. Maybe you don't get it?

I didn't make that claim, the only discussion I've even had outside of this post was on reddit, and it was conjecture, not accusations of theft.
No you didn't, you claimed one could not have restricted airflow and open juice flow. I just explained how one could, easily.

You can like them separate, that's cool, you're entitled to your opinion. I was just pointing out what you claimed was misleading/incorrect.

Personally, maybe its just the dumbass in me, but I like having them tied together, A) its easier, and B) I'll never forget to open the juice control and get a nasty dry hit.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor

So you think a humorous comment contained subtext that I think she's a thief.

Watch this.

Hey Roxy, I don't think you're a thief.

Oh lord, this is turning into conspiracy.

No you didn't, you claimed one could not have restricted airflow and open juice flow. I just explained how one could, easily.

You can like them separate, that's cool, you're entitled to your opinion. I was just pointing out what you claimed was misleading/incorrect.

Personally, maybe its just the dumbass in me, but I like having them tied together, A) its easier, and B) I'll never forget to open the juice control and get a nasty dry hit.

I thought that at first, but like I said I don't shut don't JFC and I always vape with the airflow wide open (I'm vaping .48 ohm fused claptons at 125W right now, around 8V) because I like it hot in the kitchen. Then I really was just stating I liked them separate.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Let's put it this way...the info leaked on theirs didn't concern me. It didn't sound anything like mine. In fact there were pics of that prototype posted here on VU. SC made that tester pull them though.

I don't believe there's any possible way SC knew some middleaged woman who lives in the Ohio boonies was working on anything to concern them.

Shit happened.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
ON ANOTHER SUBJECT Did the website just go ass up for anyone else for like five minutes? I think we pissed off the internet overlords with this conspiracy.

jhhollier

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So you think a humorous comment contained subtext that I think she's a thief.

Watch this.

Hey Roxy, I don't think you're a thief.

Oh lord, this is turning into conspiracy.
Re-read your comment and then explain how anyone would perceive it as being made in jest.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Or the fact that ending the statement with an absolutely outlandish comment should point out that the rest of what I said wasn't meant to be taken seriously.

That'd be like saying you could take a presidential speech seriously if Obama ended the speech with 'Peace out, my American bitches.'

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I feel like Wismec has been really dropping the ball lately, so I wouldn't worry. Just my two cents, but the Reuleaux DNA200 I had was wired with wire gauges below minimum Evolv spec, the screen ribbon was pinched and the board ground was a DAMNED SCREW.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I feel like Wismec has been really dropping the ball lately, so I wouldn't worry. Just my two cents, but the Reuleaux DNA200 I had was wired with wire gauges below minimum Evolv spec, the screen ribbon was pinched and the board ground was a DAMNED SCREW.
Speak English bro

thunderdan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
MERLIN???? The Wismec THEOREM is ur competition I hope LEON hurry up lol

VAPE IT
I can't imagine the Merlin being anything like the Theorem, are you saying a competition for your cash money? Haha.

Theorem looks to be targeting the avocado/fodi? Whatever that ehpro thing was called.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I can speak my native language if you'd prefer, if you understand Serbian. How the hell is that thing even supposed to wick? Is it genny style like the Avocado/Haze/Fodi?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't imagine the Merlin being anything like the Theorem, are you saying a competition for your cash money? Haha.

Theorem looks to be targeting the avocado/fodi? Whatever that ehpro thing was called.

I'm saying SINGLE COIL

jhhollier

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes, the Theorem is similar to the Avocado but with bigger wicking holes.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I hated the Avocado, I just couldn't see the appeal. If you ran the cotton down to the bottom for constant wicking it stole like half your juice capacity, and wicking it as normal lead to a lot of tilting as I never used single coils.

thunderdan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I can speak my native language if you'd prefer, if you understand Serbian. How the hell is that thing even supposed to wick? Is it genny style like the Avocado/Haze/Fodi?
Yeah, well from the pic I've seen that's all I can think. Looks like it will be good though, imo.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Is it normal on this forum for things to fly this left on the scale of off-topic-ness?

If it is, I've got these magic beans for sale.

VU Sponsors