Become a Patron!

The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

woofer

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The vapor is STILL traveling up through that wider chimney, and the density/flavor is ALREADY LOST by the time it hits the drip tip. The drip tip is just bottlenecking it ONCE IT ALREADY LEAVES the chimney. So no, your claim is wrong Raymo, that fixes nothing

Oh where has the flavor been lost too, is it embedded in the steel? <shakes head>

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Oh where has the flavor been lost too, is it embedded in the steel? <shakes head>

It's lost because it's being dispersed through a wider area, causing it to lose concentration.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I'm vaping fused claptons on over 8V output. My power is fine, anymore burns the wicks.

woofer

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's lost because it's being dispersed through a wider area, causing it to lose concentration.

A given amount of air is entering the atty, the same amount is leaving. Regardless of the size of the chimney.

If I mix 10 mls of 10 mg/ml ejuice it is just that even if I store in a 30 ml bottle.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
When air travels through a larger space the vapor gets polluted with more air, a thinner chimney also leads to a lesser condensation of vapor. This is simple physics, you can't change it. Yeah, not only does a wider chimney cause air pollution, your vapor will end up turning into a LIQUID on the chimney which leads to even LESS total vapor. This causes muted flavor and less density.

Comparing it to mixing juice is not even an applicable metaphor. When air AND vapor travels through a wider space, more air enters your lungs. A wider chimney = more air polluting your vapor. Granted it cannot be too thin or you'll have too little air coming up. There's always a balanced ratio, and the Boreas chimney is wider than the amount of air entering the device. This leads to muted flavor/density. Really, there's NO way around it. Another factor is chimney height, this is why RDA's while always give better flavor than most tanks.

It's very obvious to me you haven't been vaping long. I've been vaping for over three years, and back in the Kayfun days we used to trash on tanks with wider chimneys for this EXACT reason. Hell, even recently, look at reviews for the Lemo 2 where this is pointed out. The chimney only needs to be as wide as the total combined space of your airflow holes, any larger = air pollution = muted flavor and less vapor density. Argue with me all you want, you cannot change this FACT.

Last edited:

aldenf

Member For 5 Years
I'm vaping fused claptons on over 8V output. My power is fine, anymore burns the wicks.

First of all, as English is your second language, you may not be aware that your style of writing comes across to many as confrontative and condescending. I don't believe this is your intention and I want to make you aware of it.

Secondly, your experience with the Boreas is a simple problem of not vaporizing enough e-liquid to match that full-open airflow you like (low vapor density). I would revisit your build, especially the wick density. Perhaps consider bumping the diameter of your coils to 3.5-4mm. The Boreas is known to vape easily to 200W+. You may be surprised by the vape starting around 160W. There is a reason why the chimney is as large as it is. You're just not running the Boreas "hot enough". Forget much of what you've learned with other RTAs. The Boreas is a new breed.

Raymo2u's review and build is a good place to find more info:

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/raymos-boreas-rta-first-impression-coil-build-and-stuff.216606/

Just my 2¢...

Good luck!

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Actually the surface area of the 8 airholes is just under 40 square mm. That is nearly identical to the surface area of the cross section (circular opening) of the chimney. Obviously, there's a reason ;)

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I'm vaping on .52 9 wrap fused claptons, going to 200W is useless because my DNA200 reaches the voltage cap at about 155W. I vape it at 135W. Over 8V output. This is not my problem. I like the Supreme better, I'm not trying to be confrontational, but I will say I'm diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder so I'm likely to sound this way. My English is fine, and I took that very offensive. I think I'm done in this thread. I get better flavor off my Supreme with an identical build with an identical wattage. Most people couldn't even handle the vape I like due to its extremely high heat, I vape at over 8 volts output, my fused claptons have NO ramp up time. Taking the wattage any higher results in more liquid being vaporized than is being drawn up by the wicks. I have an opinion, and I've put the tanks both through their paces. I like the Supreme better, I'm not saying the Boreas is bad because it isn't. I just like my Supreme more. I'm out, of this thread, not the forum. I like it here.

Also, roxy, nearly identical is not identical.

aldenf

Member For 5 Years
I'm vaping on .52 9 wrap fused claptons, going to 200W is useless because my DNA200 reaches the voltage cap at about 155W. I vape it at 135W. Over 8V output. This is not my problem. I like the Supreme better, I'm not trying to be confrontational, but I will say I'm diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder so I'm likely to sound this way. My English is fine, and I took that very offensive. I think I'm done in this thread. I get better flavor off my Supreme with an identical build with an identical wattage. Most people couldn't even handle the vape I like due to its extremely high heat, I vape at over 8 volts output, my fused claptons have NO ramp up time. Taking the wattage any higher results in more liquid being vaporized than is being drawn up by the wicks. I have an opinion, and I've put the tanks both through their paces. I like the Supreme better, I'm not saying the Boreas is bad because it isn't. I just like my Supreme more. I'm out, of this thread, not the forum. I like it here.

Also, roxy, nearly identical is not identical.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'm glad the Supreme works for you. Whatever keeps us off the analogs is a true win. Good luck to you and be well.

Dampfsucht

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Received Boreas last thursday and I'm very pleased with the performance. Great tank Roxy! Awesome design. I'd like to get one in black if funds become available.

I've found that using a paper towel helps grip the top cap when removing it to top fill. Just have to remember to close AFC first, after inverting. Original o-ring on my 2.5 hole deck would bind on the chamber when inserting deck, so I swapped it out for a 15x1 mm (best fit). 12mm was too small when stretched onto o-ring groove on build deck.

Looking forward to more info on Merlin when available.

Also have black Alleria. Another great tank. Only problem was that my spare chimney glass was cracked on arrival. Oh, it also had burrs on the airflow holes inside the tank that I had to remove prior to cleaning. Borea was flawless!

Just signed up here as a new member. 2nd post. Hello everyone!

steamer861

Member For 4 Years
My Supreme came today, finally. There are a lot of similarities, but also a lot of differences. I haven't built it yet because my refrigerator broke down and I needed to go get frozen food so I could eat.

Everything on the Supreme is smaller though. The deck, airflow, juice slots, and I think the chimney stem (but need to compare them). I was quite pissed the pins on the jc went flying across my kitchen when I disassembled it for cleaning. I have to say I think that's dumb that they come out unless there's some reason for it that I haven't discovered yet.

Roxy I was expecting a less bias sounding comparison from You :( Kinda disappointed :( You all ways shoot straight.
The OG mizer had no top fill & a rubber vape band AFC! That didn't stop it from winning atty of the year! 2015
It won because it had awesome flavour and brought new innovations to the Atty scene :)
All those new innovations can now be found on the Boreas! No-one is stupid here lets say it like it is!
When my Supremes show up I will give a truly unbiased comparison.

jefx

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Roxy doesnt make money from the Boreas. So theres no reason for her to push the Boreas over anything else. She is proud of her design, so there could be a bit of a bias. But she is a straight shooter and gives honest feedback and information.

If she thought the Supreme was better, she'd be the first to say it.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Roxy I was expecting a less bias sounding comparison from You :( Kinda disappointed :( You all ways shoot straight.
The OG mizer had no top fill & a rubber vape band AFC! That didn't stop it from winning atty of the year! 2015
It won because it had awesome flavour and brought new innovations to the Atty scene :)
All those new innovations can now be found on the Boreas! No-one is stupid here lets say it like it is!
I dont see how that horrid RTA won anything more then a paperwieght of the year award...I think it was all hype.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The thing I enjoy most on this forum is when you cannot stand how a member acts...click his name and then click "Ignore"...you wont need to be bothered with their posts or negativity any longer, just a heads up guys ;)

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The aromamizer won atty of the year? Wtf. Hated that tank and got rid of it after less than 2 weeks of owning it. Flavor was what was lacking for me. The wicking I never had a problem with but it was a cool flavorless vape unless I built with 22g kanthal and pumped up the watts, which really isnt my style.

haleysdadda

AKA BILL
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
The thing I enjoy most on this forum is when you cannot stand how a member acts...click his name and then click "Ignore"...you wont need to be bothered with their posts or negativity any longer, just a heads up guys ;)
Thanx for the tip! Our Serbian product lover is going to be the first one ever ignored by me! It amazes me that he was so opposite of most of what I've experienced & read! Glad for all the responses to his posts or I'd have thought that I shifted to some alternate universe! I tried to give him the benefit by reading his post books! Kept wanting him see the light! @MNaumov92 I ignore you! I ignore you! I ignore you!

P.S. Had to say it 3 times just to make sure!

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

I did actually post in another thread why I felt the Aromamizer was important. At the time the airflow blew everything else out of the water. The deck has certainly been inspiring :D I also feel it spurred on other manufacturers to bring us an enormous number of new RTAs.

The Supreme does correct all the complaints people had. The afc band, top filling, bigger feed holes and a deck that lines up with the coils.

Did I expect more because they went to 25mm? I did. I would be dishonest if I said I didn't. I did want to fit larger ID coils than I could in my Aromamizers.

And my experience of losing the pins twice did put me in a bad mood. Which will likely wane over the next few days. I wish I had known about that first.

I am looking forward to your thoughts. I've been waiting for at least a month, lol!

Devilon

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well I'm not going to ignore our Serbian member, we all have are own opinions whether they are right all wrong. I also work with a number of Serbians and Polish and Latvians, and some of them do come over a little bit different from us English or American people, if he prefers the Supreme so be it.

As for me, I have yet to try out a Supreme, I've 3 times had one in my basket at FT and then removed it, my reasoning behind this?
Well I think it would be hard to beat the vape quality of my Boreas, also I love our easy it is to build on, to that point I've decided to put an order in for another one. I personally like the look of the Boreas more than the Supreme, I like the clean lines of it, and I've never been keen on knurling on Attys.
For me the Boreas has got the clean classic style look to it, great flavour, and not a single leak yet, and whatever wattage I try to vape at, the Boreas seems to handle it with not a single dry hit. Also another plus for the Boreas is how the airflow and juice control are adjusted together, it seems to work to perfection. :)

But I'm still eagerly awaiting on the Merlin (Sorry to keep on about it :D)

haleysdadda

AKA BILL
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok so for all you folks having trouble getting your top cap off! Please don't tighten it so far! From what I can tell the seal compression for that o-ring is between the thread relief od & the small step on the ID of the top cap right before the threads start! That means that once that o-ring in completely captive inside the top cap It's sealed as much as it can be! So what I do is I tighten the cap until it just "LIGHTLY" stops when the top cap touches the body! Unless you carry your rig in your pants pocket this is plenty secure! I doo agree though that some kind of texture on the cap would make it easier to use!:)

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Everyone should probably try to understand I'm not feeling enthusiastic about anything at the moment :(

* The 19 year old son of one of my best friends has terminal cancer. I've been like his aunt since he was born and I'm devastated.

* The debacle at the other place.

* My ex husband is terrorizing me again.

* My refrigerator broke down, and I'm waiting for a part.

haleysdadda

AKA BILL
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Everyone should probably try to understand I'm not feeling enthusiastic about anything at the moment :(

* The 19 year old son of one of my best friends has terminal cancer. I've been like his aunt since he was born and I'm devastated.

Concentrate on the good Rox! Look at Boreas! Look at all the folks that are supporting you here & over there! Be thankful for Petey! Been alot of times in my life that the world was crashing down around me & All I could do was hug my wife & cat & be thankful I had them! Chin up little camper! This too shall pass!:):D

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Concentrate on the good Rox! Look at Boreas! Look at all the folks that are supporting you here & over there! Be thankful for Petey! Been alot of times in my life that the world was crashing down around me & All I could do was hug my wife & cat & be thankful I had them! Chin up little camper! This too shall pass!:):D

I'm really trying. March was both one of the best and one of the worst months of my life. Extreme emotions all the way across the spectrum. I like peace and a happy medium, so this roller coaster has been hard for me to manage.

Things will get better. At least until things get worse for Jackson (the boy with cancer). And its the first of the month so now I can afford to go make a donation toward his medical expenses.

dshuld

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Now that I've had my Boreas for a few days I'll say this... I love it...for the most part.

It is, as many others have said before me, extremely easy to build on. Super freaking easy to wick as well. Flavor is right there with my previous favorite rta the mutank.

Vapor production I would give hands down to the boreas over it though. I'm currently running mine full open with 7 wrap 3mm 2x26/36 fused claptons all n80. Im easily getting double the cloud with just as good of flavor in half the pull time on the boreas vs the mutank.

Now then for my one gripe (said facetiously mind you) is it may well give me a reason to finally stop for good. A little over a year ago I stopped my 1.5 to 2 pack a day habit to pick up vaping at the request of my girlfriend. Ive gone through the pens, ego one then on to the stm, goliath v2, mutank and now the boreas. Ive gone from having to chain vape all day to hitting it two maybe three times an hour for my nic fix.

Roxy to you my dear, , I'm one happy customer .

Ps. Raymo I'm anxiously awaiting your creation too. Those specs looked interesting when I read them back when you posted em.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

c flakes

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Roxy

I'm Sending you a big hug.

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Back in the Kayfun days we hated large diameter chimneys because we just didnt have the power to produce a vape like we do now. Thus the hate on the muted flavor. now a days though the power is there so the flavor is there as well.

On a side note... How can I get one of those fancy ECF Refugee banners under my avatar??!!

dshuld

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Back in the Kayfun days we hated large diameter chimneys because we just didnt have the power to produce a vape like we do now. Thus the hate on the muted flavor. now a days though the power is there so the flavor is there as well.

On a side note... How can I get one of those fancy ECF Refugee banners under my avatar??!!
Post in the refugee badge thread askon for one .

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

haleysdadda

AKA BILL
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

steamer861

Member For 4 Years
I did actually post in another thread why I felt the Aromamizer was important. At the time the airflow blew everything else out of the water. The deck has certainly been inspiring :D I also feel it spurred on other manufacturers to bring us an enormous number of new RTAs.

The Supreme does correct all the complaints people had. The afc band, top filling, bigger feed holes and a deck that lines up with the coils.

Did I expect more because they went to 25mm? I did. I would be dishonest if I said I didn't. I did want to fit larger ID coils than I could in my Aromamizers.

And my experience of losing the pins twice did put me in a bad mood. Which will likely wane over the next few days. I wish I had known about that first.

I am looking forward to your thoughts. I've been waiting for at least a month, lol!

Thats more like the Roxy we all know :)
Sorry to hear about all your real life problems :( What doesn't Kill you makes you stronger :)
Your estimate on My wait time is probably right on the money :(
Last time I paid full price at SC and as soon as I got it, a group buy came around and I got 2 more for half price!
This time I had to restrain my self from ordering at full price from SC :) You got to admit I saved over 40 bucks on my 2, thats not bad.
I have my own theory on the deck size, IMO they didn't want to steer too far away from the OG mizer, a big change in the deck/ chamber size will affect the flavour. Again this is Just a theory of mine.
I don't buy into fancy wire builds :( I love TC and have been using Ti for quite a while now. I'm a plain old Spaced coil Guy :) So a huge deck isn't some thing that will be a big pro for me. How ever if the the flavour of the OG mizer is not compromised and all the new improvements work good, I will be happy :)

I have been putting my Boreas through it's paces, I will say so far I can't fault it any were, it really Kicks Ass :)

haleysdadda

AKA BILL
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok so one of my "Loves" with this tank is that the coils aren't all up in my tank! My MT & Griffin used to cook my juice when the coils started to get dirty & I had to change the Rayon right away! I didn't even realize my coil were dirty until the flavor started going off a little! That took 5 days instead of 3 BTW! Gonna be hard to surpass this tank! whatcha' think @raymo2u ! I'm really liking the thought of buying gear designed by people who I know actually vape! Designed in America is kinda what we're stuck with for now unfortunately!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ok so one of my "Loves" with this tank is that the coils aren't all up in my tank! My MT & Griffin used to cook my juice when the coils started to get dirty & I had to change the Rayon right away! I didn't even realize my coil were dirty until the flavor started going off a little! That took 5 days instead of 3 BTW! Gonna be hard to surpass this tank! whatcha' think @raymo2u ! I'm really liking the thought of buying gear designed by people who I know actually vape! Designed in America is kinda what we're stuck with for now unfortunately!
What was the question? ?

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Thats more like the Roxy we all know :)
Sorry to hear about all your real life problems :( What doesn't Kill you makes you stronger :)
Your estimate on My wait time is probably right on the money :(
Last time I paid full price at SC and as soon as I got it, a group buy came around and I got 2 more for half price!
This time I had to restrain my self from ordering at full price from SC :) You got to admit I saved over 40 bucks on my 2, thats not bad.
I have my own theory on the deck size, IMO they didn't want to steer too far away from the OG mizer, a big change in the deck/ chamber size will affect the flavour. Again this is Just a theory of mine.
I don't buy into fancy wire builds :( I love TC and have been using Ti for quite a while now. I'm a plain old Spaced coil Guy :) So a huge deck isn't some thing that will be a big pro for me. How ever if the the flavour of the OG mizer is not compromised and all the new improvements work good, I will be happy :)

I have been putting my Boreas through it's paces, I will say so far I can't fault it any were, it really Kicks Ass :)

I was kind of bummed myself that I paid full price for the Supreme, and at a time when I really didn't have the money to spend, but I needed it quickly for obvious reasons. Surely that has impacted my feelings on it, too. You were wise to wait for the FT price.

I think you'll be happy to know the Supreme has better flavor than the original Aromamizer, IMO.

VU Sponsors