Become a Patron!

The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

brandon david

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I didn't care and back then (2011?) it was all tootle puffers scared of going under 1ohm so I didn't cry and left with a (drops the mike) conversation with the admin lol.
Haha nice. I mainly try to stick to helpful and informative replies there and was considering becoming a $ contributing member but that thought came off the table in the form of a Boreas purchase. I left a subtle backhanded reply in the current Boreas thread over there when I ordered one but I doubt they ever caught it. I'll still surf the forum to help people and whatnot but that forum will never get a dime from me.

Screenshot_2016-04-02-11-06-54_zpsgnim02a6.png

Mods: If including a screenshot from another forum in an off topic post is against the rules, please PM me before banning me. My bad, the conversation took a bit of a detour. :/

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Haha nice. I mainly try to stick to helpful and informative replies there and was considering becoming a $ contributing member but that thought came off the table in the form of a Boreas purchase. I left a subtle backhanded reply in the current Boreas thread over there when I ordered one but I doubt they ever caught it. I'll still surf the forum to help people and whatnot but that forum will never get a dime from me.

Screenshot_2016-04-02-11-06-54_zpsgnim02a6.png

Mods: If including a screenshot from another forum in an off topic post is against the rules, please PM me before banning me. My bad, the conversation took a bit of a detour. :/

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It's not. They posted that entire 10 page thread with SJ here for me.

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
In response to the 2mm vs 2.5mm deck wicking... I built identical sets of dual fused SS 24G claptons and installed in both decks. the 2.5mm deck worked up to 200 watts (my lungs might not have though...) and the 2mm worked flawlessly up to 125 or so. Im now running dual claptons 24G wrapped wit 32G all SS316l. running them at 80 watts with the 2mm deck now and loving it. Great flavor and vapor production. But then thats kinda a given with this awesome tank.

DukeBlue

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
In response to the 2mm vs 2.5mm deck wicking... I built identical sets of dual fused SS 24G claptons and installed in both decks. the 2.5mm deck worked up to 200 watts (my lungs might not have though...) and the 2mm worked flawlessly up to 125 or so. Im now running dual claptons 24G wrapped wit 32G all SS316l. running them at 80 watts with the 2mm deck now and loving it. Great flavor and vapor production. But then thats kinda a given with this awesome tank.

I’m also using the 2mm deck today with 80/20 vg/pg and it’s putting out the flavor with no dry hits. It’s nice the Boreas comes with a spare deck to change out builds on the fly. The best part is it didn’t add extra cost to the already low price.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
yea... Youd almost think a Vaper that knew what she wanted in a tank had some form of input into its design... :p:p
Im glad it wasnt just a vaper but a vaper that actually builds ;) This makes quite a bit of a difference...

Ive gone as high as 200w(2mm Deck) and 240w(2.5mm Deck) with some Fused claptons and Framed Staple Coils...but I love the fact that you can dial it in so its great at any wattage for any type of build...

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Yes ma'am! did that first day I got it! I actually had it to 200w but it burnt my tongue before I could tell what kind of vape it was!

Well, holy shit. That I would not have guessed :)

haleysdadda

AKA BILL
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, holy shit. That I would not have guessed :)
To be honest I've been really trying to make give me a dry/ burnt hit or a flooded gurgling hit & I can't seem to do it! I mean I tried a 150w hit with my aliens with 1 hole open on the 2.5 deck & it never went dry! I haven't found anything with this deck that isn't in my MT or my Griffin just alot less of it! I'm talking about leaking which is almost non-existent with Boreas & I believe most of the time it's user error! I actually like wicking the Boreas more than my Mutation X V4! No channels to try & tuck it into! You deserve a paycheck for this one gurly!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
To be honest I've been really trying to make give me a dry/ burnt hit or a flooded gurgling hit & I can't seem to do it! I mean I tried a 150w hit with my aliens with 1 hole open on the 2.5 deck & it never went dry! I haven't found anything with this deck that isn't in my MT or my Griffin just alot less of it! I'm talking about leaking which is almost non-existent with Boreas & I believe most of the time it's user error! I actually like wicking the Boreas more than my Mutation X V4! No channels to try & tuck it into! You deserve a paycheck for this one gurly!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I've not been able to make it dry hit either. I bet I could make it flood though :D

I think our goal though of an easy to build RTA has been achieved :)

Devilon

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
From my experience of this tank, I honestly think that Roxy has set a new standard in how RTA's will be made in the future, like AmandaD has said no more pointless channels. How this tank keeps on wicking at what ever wattage you throw at it is unbelievable, and I have never had a tank before that deliveries the amount of flavour this one gives me.
It's so easy to build on, and how the wicks sit are just perfect for drawing up the juice, and with the added bonus of not a single leak.

Award04.png

Last edited:

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It will be better if VAPORDNA carry it... No doubt AUGVAPE will fly...
I just check ECIGCITY black is preorder
39.99 for the SS in stock.. Plush shipping and taxes that coupon code don't work there just saying

VAPE IT

Devilon

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm more than happy with the service I got from Subtank Supply, even though it's not free shipping like some of the international sites I've been to, what did it for me was the great level of correspondence I got from them when I needed a question asked. I would recommend them to anyone. :)

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
It will be better if VAPORDNA carry it... No doubt AUGVAPE will fly...
I just check ECIGCITY black is preorder
39.99 for the SS in stock.. Plush shipping and taxes that coupon code don't work there just saying

VAPE IT

There are coupon codes for Eciggity. Check vapecrawler. I always use coupon codes when I can.

haleysdadda

AKA BILL
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Mike Vapes review. I measured capacity twice and got 8ml the first time, and the second time including the wicks 8.5ml so ?

Don't sweat 1ml Roxy! The big thing to remember is that it was another positive review! How many is that now? Hell you just made it into another vendor! Not only that especially when I fill it the first time it seems like the coils suck up at least 2ml of juice!

84Harley

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Vaping Bogan just did a review too, was so so, he's not everyone's cuppa tea but I like him, lol......and yes, I did order the black version.......waiting :-(

...edit.....he did personally give kudos to Roxy....sorta ;-)

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Don't sweat 1ml Roxy! The big thing to remember is that it was another positive review! How many is that now? Hell you just made it into another vendor! Not only that especially when I fill it the first time it seems like the coils suck up at least 2ml of juice!

All positive reviews are good!

dshuld

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The Vaping Bogan just did a review too, was so so, he's not everyone's cuppa tea but I like him, lol......and yes, I did order the black version.......waiting :-(

He is a funny fucker lol.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Just got bored and built a single center mounted coil... 8 wraps 22g Nichrome 80. Came out to .4 ohms. at 50 watts its working pretty good. not as IN YO FACE as some of my dual fused claptons Ive ran lately. But I like it. Was wondering about how the airflow was going to work with the wicking, but once I got the tank assembled it worked out just fine. definitely different than duals....

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee

He called me a cunt! Ok, sounds like he calls everyone a cunt, but still...

aldenf

Member For 5 Years
Just got bored and built a single center mounted coil... 8 wraps 22g Nichrome 80. Came out to .4 ohms. at 50 watts its working pretty good. not as IN YO FACE as some of my dual fused claptons Ive ran lately. But I like it. Was wondering about how the airflow was going to work with the wicking, but once I got the tank assembled it worked out just fine. definitely different than duals....

Very interested in your experience with this. I'm really a single-coiler. Having the option of building single or duals in an RTA really appeals to me. I have found that plugs and adapters have mostly made for a poor single coil experience. I'm waiting on the Merlin. But if the Boreas vapes well in a single, I could be persuaded to add it to my arsenal as well. The 8ml capacity is very attractive for long days on the road.

Anyone else try the Boreas with a single coil?

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm still enjoying my first coils in my Boreas, 316l dual fused claptons, 3mm and it's just so awesome! I can't wait for my black one to come in. STS expects them in tomorrow, it looks like. I just got done mixing up 500ml of juice in anticipation of my second Boreas.

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Very interested in your experience with this. I'm really a single-coiler. Having the option of building single or duals in an RTA really appeals to me. I have found that plugs and adapters have mostly made for a poor single coil experience. I'm waiting on the Merlin. But if the Boreas vapes well in a single, I could be persuaded to add it to my arsenal as well. The 8ml capacity is very attractive for long days on the road.

Anyone else try the Boreas with a single coil?

well Ive drained an entire tank with this coil now. been floating around 50-60 watts. really like it. nice smooth vape. Just and even hiss, no popping or anything. I normally dont do single, but I had some 22g Nichrome that I never use so though why the hell not. Its a 3.5mm ID coil. 22g was heavy enough to hold its shape as I messed with it and got it centered and glowing evenly. I have no clue what deck its on. Ive found the decks really dont matter, this damn tank just works great regardless which one is in it. I cut my tails to what I thought would be a touch to long and then folded them into the deck. no dry hits, nothing. Just a nice damn vape. Im trying a new DIY juice in it, 25mlVG, .9ml Nic in a PG base, 4ml PG and 20 drops of Koolada. Not much flavor, but then I was getting the dreaded leather tongue from my normal ADVs of OSDIY Strawberry milk and blue slush.

Roxy, Ive said it once, Ive said it many times, and Im gonna say it again... You knocked it outta the park with this tank!!

VU Sponsors