The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I used to be a huge fan of throwing double barrels in the Lemo V1 Drop back in the day, so I feel you there. These days I rarely vape below 115W sadly. I've come to basically NEED a ton of heat in my vape, when I use NiFE-30 and 430SS (the only two TCR curve based wires I vape with in TC.) I set my temperature to 550-600F and usually have at least a 175W preheat. In regular wattage I'm usually vaping at 135-180W.

Last edited:

NoAvail

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm really hoping STS gets the black in today so I can be closer to getting this! Ah why did I have to chose black lol I'd have a SS by now:p.

I'm betting this will take a dump on my BFT haha. Not having juice control or airflow control can hurt the BFT. It's like a game of how quick can you fill/put on cap/tip upside-down/ vape it with the BFT when refilling lol. Plus I never trust it on its side when full so church can be a fun little where do I put my tank game and other.:eek:

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I just made the extremely weak willed mistake of ordering a second Boreas and paid $22 for overnight shipping like the sap I am. God I love RDTA's too much, at least I can afford this addiction, being an electrical engineer does have its benefits.

Also, as a BFT owner, the BFT is a damned good tank, but the Boreas/Supreme is just a much better vape and the Boreas has a slightly bigger build deck too I believe, at the very least the same size. I've got 3.5mm 9 wrap fused 28x2 w/ 32ga ni80 claptons in the Boreas now maxing out the deck a mm away from a short but god it's vaping famously.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
What you need is a DNA200,000 and an SX450,000, with temperature control that actually controls the room temperature around you and tells you what emotions you felt when you woke up that morning, fuck all that $30 shit.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just made the extremely weak willed mistake of ordering a second Boreas and paid $22 for overnight shipping like the sap I am. God I love RDTA's too much, at least I can afford this addiction, being an electrical engineer does have its benefits.

Also, as a BFT owner, the BFT is a damned good tank, but the Boreas/Supreme is just a much better vape and the Boreas has a slightly bigger build deck too I believe, at the very least the same size. I've got 3.5mm 9 wrap fused 28x2 w/ 32ga ni80 claptons in the Boreas now maxing out the deck a mm away from a short but god it's vaping famously.
BFT?

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
The OhmMega BFT (Big Fucking Tank) is a 30mm version of the OhmMega RTA. It's just an OhmMega that holds more juice with a slightly larger deck and more airflow. It's basically a cheaper version of the 30mm VCMT that's not quite as good. I think the Apache is the best non-RDTA rebuildable tank system out at the moment due to the fact I can fit 11 wrap 3.5mm 28x2 w/ 32 ga fused claptons in it and vape at 155W pulling 9V. Plus that topfill hinge cap on the Apache is just nice to have. I've been rocking the Boreas non-stop for like 48 hours though and ever since I got it and the Supreme my Apache has been retired to the shelf.

RDTA's > RTA's > Genesis Style RTA's > RDA's > Sub Ohm Tanks > Standard Ohm Tanks is my way of thinking at the moment, the last sub ohm tank I owned was the Maus and I sold it after four days due to the fact that if I can't rebuild it I don't want it and given the RDTA's and RTA's on the market now I find RDA's becoming ancient prehistoric nonsense because now we have huge decks and huge amounts of airflow like drippers gave us but with tanks on them. I feel that RDTA's, RTA's and these new-style Genesis RTA's are nails in the coffin of RDA's, though I know RDA's will be around as long as vaping because they're still the go-to for competition builders.

I personally don't see the appeal of crowding up a room and seeing who can throw the biggest cloud of vapor, but if you like it go for it. There's also a 30mm RTA out with a 22mm deck and true Kennedy style airflow called literally The Tank, it's $200. Only downside besides the price is a fucking KAYFUN STYLE fill screw. I feel like if it had topfill, AFC and JFC and was like $140 less it'd be a winner but damn they fucked up with that fill screw and price tag big time. http://stcdesignsllc.com/store/devices/the-tank.html

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Everyone should probably try to understand I'm not feeling enthusiastic about anything at the moment :(

* The 19 year old son of one of my best friends has terminal cancer. I've been like his aunt since he was born and I'm devastated.

* The debacle at the other place.

* My ex husband is terrorizing me again.

* My refrigerator broke down, and I'm waiting for a part.
Ohh so sorry Roxy. Hang in there.
Positive vibes sent your way.

rolf 2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey, Rolf, so happy to see you!

Merlin is a single coil RTA.
hey roxy !
till now the batchelor and now the boreas , just had to proof that is a tootle puffers tank with advantages like the juice capacity and and and .
works great for my style of vaping even if not designed especily for it .
talking about the merlin never heard anything about it for a long time .
I thougt the designer fell a sleep lol
hoping you are feeling well again

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
hey roxy !
till now the batchelor and now the boreas , just had to proof that is a tootle puffers tank with advantages like the juice capacity and and and .
works great for my style of vaping even if not designed especily for it .
talking about the merlin never heard anything about it for a long time .
I thougt the designer fell a sleep lol
hoping you are feeling well again

I don't have much news yet regarding Merlin. There is a prototype. I am hoping I have it tomorrow, but that delivery might just be a black Boreas. When I have news I'm allowed to post, I will start a thread here. And have a friend start one at the other place.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Out for delivery.... Good thing too. I stripped a screw hole on my new black Griffin and it is screwing up TC. I like the Griffin on my Vapor Shark. But my Evo begs for a 25mm. Especially since the VCMT is a bust. Can't wait to try the Boreas.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
For future reference Powerman, the allen keys included with MANY of these RTA's and RDTA's are very cheaply made and it's actually in 90% of cases it's actually the allen head stripping and not your screws, or the allen key itself is causing the stripping. Unless you mean you stripped the inner screw threads, which is why from all my RTA's and RDTA's I've bought I've kept the spares and currently have over 15 allen keys, only two of which I use due to their high quality, and over 50 grub screws. If you own any other RTA grub screws or even RDA grub screws a vast majority are the 1.3mm size and will interchange between device decks quite well. If the post itself is stripping that's an epic disaster.

If you can find them, the typical RTA head size seems to be 1.3mm on the screws, the ball head allen keys will never strip out on you. If you own a Lush RDA or any RDA that comes with that blue tri-tool with two allen heads and a screwdriver on it, that one is very good as well. There is also a 'little brown' screwdriver much like the typical little blue one with a hex head that seems to work pretty well.

Well, the second Eciggity gets the black Boreas in stock I'll have it the next day. #Paid$22ForExpressShippingLikeAFool.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
LOLI love how it says I have a notification to the thread by "Ignored Member"...wont even let me know who but Im pretty certain I know who.. LOL

haleysdadda

AKA BILL
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Was it me? It's me, right?
Nah it was me that ignored you! But I'm not gonna play that pussy shit again! Fuck, I couldn't tell what everybody else was talking about! Had kind of an ECF flashback & got all pissy & high & mighty! sorry bro!

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
DAMN damn damn... The spare deck came with a broken o-ring. I wanted to try that one first. So I removed the o-ring on the 2 mm deck. Attached it to the 2.5 m deck. The o-ring snapped again. This deck is razor sharp. So I cant use it if it keeps breaking o-rings. I managed to find a spare o-ring in my spare parts stash. It doesn't fit properly, but I managed to get it working on the 2 mm deck. I'm using 22 awg, and wound up stripping 2 grub nuts. Kinda bummed at the moment :(

CJ

VU Webmaster
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Got my Boreas today. Kinda bummed though.. airflow ring doesn't sit flush all the way around, I'll keep fiddling with it :\

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Got my Boreas today. Kinda bummed though.. airflow ring doesn't sit flush all the way around, I'll keep fiddling with it :\

Can I see a pic?

CJ

VU Webmaster
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Can I see a pic?
Yes, here you are:
2016-04-04_boreas.jpg

84Harley

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Black is due in to Subtank Supply on Tuesday. DHL is a day behind it seems.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully they got that o-ring problem fixed, or a boatload shipped with the device

CJ

VU Webmaster
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

DukeBlue

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I hate the oring problem, there’s nothing worse than getting a new aty and finding something wrong with it. I had the same problem but was lucky to have a few spares that fit it, the ones I found that fit were for the sat22 top cap.

84Harley

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Quote from Robert Hall (Bluegrass Vapor/TS).....
"Yes, they are supposed to be sending a ton extra orings out with them! I am gonna toss an oring kit in all the orders going out tomorrow"

Sweet deal, gettin pumped now!!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
And called Roxy a "he" ........something I'm missing here? :eek:
Fagan isnt too bright...and lately Ive stopped watching him...since he started doing "Live" clips he has become pretty disgusting and gross, I feel sorry for the owners of his giveaways. If he acts that way on camera then just imagine how nasty he is off camera while using the vape gear....I thought he was extremely thorough and professional before them.
The only few reviewers Ill watch now are Grimm, Twisted, and OhmBoyJosh....the rest Ive stopped watching for their own reasons.

VU Sponsors