Become a Patron!

The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just finished watching BOGAN,
He should've reviewed the BOREAS not fucking compare it to the supreme, they are similar but different, I'm gonna bitch slap that dick head... CUNT
The BOREAS like what raymo said is a WORK HORSE, a builders tank,
I just can't wait to get these 2 cunts in my hand damnt!!

VAPE IT

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just wanna say STS has the best CS

VAPE IT

They really do. They respond to emails no matter what time you hit them up at, and they do whatever they can to help you out. Along with Lightning Vapes they have the hands down best CS in the game.

My Boreas should be here tomorrow if all goes well. Originally the tracking said Monday, but when I check it now it says some weird shit about not found or not responding.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I put some transformer coils in the Boreas and now I like it just as much as the Supreme, my liking of RTA to RTA seems to bounce between what juice I'm using, what vape I want and the coil build installed.

That being said, evidently Smoktech is releasing a TF-RDTA, if you look at the TF-RTA information on VapeNW it shows this preview in the description. It appears to be an RDTA style with the quad slot (not sure why not just use two on a velocity style deck, like the Aromamizer V1, two air holes will be hitting.. posts.) airflow from the TF-RTA and the TFV4. 16mm deck, so likely 15.8mm true size. 5ml capacity, 24.5mm. I can't say I'm expecting much, the TF-RTA I got in the mail yesterday is basically a 22mm Griffin that's been resized to 24.5mm and has only managed to hold one more ml of juice. That quad coil G4 geck is a NIGHTMARE to build on and it's largely pointless. Ah well.

Point being, evidently the Supreme and Boreas have a new big RDTA competitor, though I think the Boreas and Supreme will gangrape it in an ally.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They really do. They respond to emails no matter what time you hit them up at, and they do whatever they can to help you out. Along with Lightning Vapes they have the hands down best CS in the game.

My Boreas should be here tomorrow if all goes well. Originally the tracking said Monday, but when I check it now it says some weird shit about not found or not responding.
USPS is down

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
USPS is down? No shit? DAMN, I have four packages in transit.

Also here's the leaflet for the new TF-RDTA, to be honest I don't see it doing better than the Boreas or the Supreme. Just scroll down, it's in the description. http://vapenw.com/tf-rta-by-smok

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Define down, why is it down, how long will it be, and where all is it down because I received mail just today from them.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
So, the tracking down, not the actual mail system?

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Anyone looked at that link I showed? That TF-RDTA just looks like a major 'me too' in the RDTA world, because it has nothing to offer that the Boreas and Supreme don't do better. By the way, to any fellow Boreas owners, if you can either make or get a hold of some transformer wire, USE IT IN THIS RDTA, it unlocks a whole new world of potential with the Boreas, I'm getting identical if not better flavor out of the Boreas now than I am the Supreme. Seriously, it takes this tank to the moon.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone looked at that link I showed? That TF-RDTA just looks like a major 'me too' in the RDTA world, because it has nothing to offer that the Boreas and Supreme don't do better. By the way, to any fellow Boreas owners, if you can either make or get a hold of some transformer wire, USE IT IN THIS RDTA, it unlocks a whole new world of potential with the Boreas, I'm getting identical if not better flavor out of the Boreas now than I am the Supreme. Seriously, it takes this tank to the moon.
Where?i missed it??

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Word, Ive got a bunch comin in too. Boreas, Noisy Cricket, Five Folds juice, Vapebox, etc.

Also got that Wismec RTA on preorder. I really gotta stop ordering shit. Though Im gonna snag an AX M17 one of these days.
There's no stopping now bro, it's cheap anyways!
Whatever makes you happy bro GO....
By n sell bro, I can see myself just using 25 mm tanks all my 22 will FS

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope, thank you smok

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I have a stabwood DNA200 with a 6,200mah 25C 3S Lipo I made. Hell just making this thing cost me like $320, so the price of the AxisVapes M17 doesn't even seem unreasonable. I am NOT a woodcrafter so I had to buy my own stab wood, that shit is UP THERE in the price range. For real though that TF-RDTA looks like a pathetic hand raise, I've been using the TF-RTA for a day now and while it's not bad there's nothing that makes it stand out. It's basically a 22mm Griffin, same deck size and all in a 24.5mm package, making the 25mm Griffin or ANY 25mm tank a much better option. That G4 quad deck is a NIGHTMARE to build, I put quad 2.4mm three wrap 28x2 with 32ga fused claptons in it and I could BARELY fit enough wick into the channels because it's a quad coil deck sharing two coil builds worth of juice channels. Do not buy this RTA unless you just like the looks of it, and definitely get the G2 deck version if you do, the G4 is hell on a tank.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a stabwood DNA200 with a 6,200mah 25C 3S Lipo I made. Hell just making this thing cost me like $320, so the price of the AxisVapes M17 doesn't even seem unreasonable. I am NOT a woodcrafter so I had to buy my own stab wood, that shit is UP THERE in the price range. For real though that TF-RDTA looks like a pathetic hand raise, I've been using the TF-RTA for a day now and while it's not bad there's nothing that makes it stand out. It's basically a 22mm Griffin, same deck size and all in a 24.5mm package, making the 25mm Griffin or ANY 25mm tank a much better option. That G4 quad deck is a NIGHTMARE to build, I put quad 2.4mm three wrap 28x2 with 32ga fused claptons in it and I could BARELY fit enough wick into the channels because it's a quad coil deck sharing two coil builds worth of juice channels. Do not buy this RTA unless you just like the looks of it, and definitely get the G2 deck version if you do, the G4 is hell on a tank.
Oh no sir, SMOK THINKS WE DUMB!!

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
It's not a bad RTA, it's just a 24.5mm version of the 22mm Griffin, the build deck has 15.6mm of true build size and it only holds like 4.2mls of (true capacity) juice. It's also VERY cheaply made, the quad coil deck is also really gimmicky and overall worthy. I'm sticking with my Boreas and Supreme.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Bite the bullet and get the SS version to avoid the wait, the Boreas and the Supreme are the only two devices I even use now. VERY nice devices, I just can't make up my mind on which I like more due to my nature.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Powder coat it, just remove the deck, the o rings, the drip tip and the tank glass.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I'm keeping my eye on the Smok to see how it does. Obviously I need to pay more attention now to what's coming out, and what people like. I don't know if I will have the chance to do more past Boreas and Merlin, but I hope so :)

Black is due in to Subtank Supply on Tuesday. DHL is a day behind it seems.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
The TF-RDTA is a velocity style deck 16mm (probably 15.6-15.8mm true space) RDTA with side airflow using four airflow slots, seems like the flavor will really take a beating since two slots will be hitting essentially nothing. Roxy, put some transformers in your Boreas if you already haven't, your tank design was destined for those coils. Is the Merlin an RDTA, an RTA or an RDA if you don't mind me asking?

rolf 2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
as some wondered how is the boreas with low wattage , single coil ?
had an idea ..its great ! my mod does not require to alter anything on the tank .
comparing it to a dedicated single coil tank..the batchelor,,,side by side .
made an insert from food grade high temp silicone to reduce the chamber , blocks the one air hole , blocks 2 juice holes,
coil is 1.2 ohms , twisted, rayon wicks .flavor and general tootle puffing as good as any dedicated single coil atty.
no leaks .,powder dry ! no dry hits . vaping with 2 air holes open now at 14 to 15 watts
roxy nice to find you again !!!!

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
What are transformer coils? I haven't graduated past making fused Claptons yet :D I'm not the builder Raymo is.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
What are transformer coils? I haven't graduated past making fused Claptons yet :D I'm not the builder Raymo is.
Essentially clapton wire with ribbon wire clapton spun around it I believe, I bought it premade.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Essentially a hybrid. A fused clapton, with the two inner wires being claptons themselves and the outer is ribbon wire I think. I bought premade 10FT spools so I'm unsure.

Have a link of where to get a spool?

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I want to learn how to make some fancier coils. I haven't had time lately though. Too many things going on.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Have a link of where to get a spool?
I do not, I bought it from a local shop called Vapenotiq. The dude there made it. It's like a single or fused wire setup using regular clapton wire with ribbon wrapped around it. There's likely videos on how to do it.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
So far I seem to favor the Supreme more for my flavor builds and the Boreas more for my juice chugging cl0udz br0 builds. I like them equally at this point, they both have their place. Nice design Roxy, if I were a single coiler I'd likely get the Merlin. I haven't built a single coil since 2014, literally. I even have a Serpant I managed to fit an enlarged version of the old school Kayfun/Russian 91% double barrel dual coil variant in.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
So far I seem to favor the Supreme more for my flavor builds and the Boreas more for my juice chugging cl0udz br0 builds. I like them equally at this point, they both have their place. Nice design Roxy, if I were a single coiler I'd likely get the Merlin. I haven't built a single coil since 2014, literally. I even have a Serpant I managed to fit an enlarged version of the old school Kayfun/Russian 91% double barrel dual coil variant in.

I've dual coiled many single coil tanks by stacking them. The Ubertoot and Tilemahos to name a couple. I do like single coil tanks, too, though. I especially like them late at night (vaping a Lemo as I type this) so I don't get hyped up on nic before bed.

VU Sponsors