The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I'm Serbian, I'm always CHILL. Actually I'm rather hot, due to me being born in a colder climate as a Slav has my resting body temperature at around 100-101. Ah, genetics.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The only person I have ever ignored is that guy that came here and ran his mouth about the Boreas being a supreme clone...is that who your talking to?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
O wow...I see now..haleysdadda I thought you were posting that towards me...now its pretty clear on whats going on.
MNaumov92 I clicked ignore (my first ever) the other night as I found the argument moot without proof. If the argument isnt continuing then I have no reason to keep it on. Its off now.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
-Just stated a logical thought process on why I think the Boreas is definitely not a clone and why Roxy is not a thief.-

It's cool dude, I thought the situation was rather funny. Just glad it's cleared up now, I actually started to feel bad LOL.

Steamhead

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Just click to ignore him guys...like me...then he wont have anyone to argue with.
Believe it or not, he's actually arguing that it wasn't stolen, and has come around to saying that it's his favorite tank. I know I'm new here, and have no clue, but maybe give him a second chance? If I'm out of line because he deserves it, then just ignore me, lol.

ETA: as always, I type too slow :p

As to the tank itself, I love it! I've been using a drilled out Aqua V2 (I think thats where i mostly remember Roxy from, that or the rayon thread) between 25-35w for the last year, never dripped; so this is definitely a whole 'nother ball game. Just wow.

My build is kinda crazy. Tightly twisted 29g, 4mm id, 9 wraps spaced, ohming at .9. Vaping great at anything from 65-91w, which is where you reach the 9v limit on the Reuleaux. What are the downsides to a build like this? I never see anyone doing higher wattage, high ohm builds.

I guess the most obvious one is, you can't go over 91 watts, lol.

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Believe it or not, he's actually arguing that it wasn't stolen, and has come around to saying that it's his favorite tank. I know I'm new here, and have no clue, but maybe give him a second chance? If I'm out of line because he deserves it, then just ignore me, lol.

As to the tank itself, I love it! I've been using a drilled out Aqua V2 between 25-35w for the last year, never dripped; so this is definitely a whole 'nother ball game. Just wow.

My build is kinda crazy. Tightly twisted 29g, 4mm id, 9 wraps spaced, ohming at .9. Vaping great at anything from 65-91w, which is where you reach the 9v limit on the Reuleaux. What are the downsides to a build like this? I never see anyone doing higher wattage, high ohm builds.

I guess the most obvious one is, you can't go over 91 watts, lol.
Nope your good. I just didnt want to listen to fighting...I have 4 kids who argue about them DUMBEST SHIT and I really cant listen to much more then I already do...so I just avoided reading it and forgot until recently...He can read everything I write and vise versa now.

I havent done anything too crazy in the Boreas as its the main thing I actually vape but Ive done some crazy things recently for a bunch of RDA's, I may make something crazy on the other deck tomorrow though.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Can you see me now? If so, I have a question for you. What size is the deck on the 25mm VCMT? Because I only own the 30mm, and I was wondering how much larger the build deck on your tank (which I'll most definitely probably buy) was at its 20mm size.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Can you see me now? If so, I have a question for you. What size is the deck on the 25mm VCMT? Because I only own the 30mm, and I was wondering how much larger the build deck on your tank (which I'll most definitely probably buy) was at its 20mm size.
Its 15mm of usable space. The Griffin 22mm RTA has a larger usable area to build on. I wasnt a fan of the VCMT after I used it for a bit, the wicking never seemed on point after countless adjustments and different builds..I did use it in Kennedy Mode alot though. I did a pic comparison HERE

haleysdadda

AKA BILL
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Im not sure what you referring to but okay? I dont really try to be a dick but I like to loosen the mood....Im not one for tension or anything...dont take me seriously.

Yes I can see that.
No that was a response to @MNaumov92!
None of that response was directed at you brother! Hell you were the first one I followed here after your review!
I had to unignore him to see what everyone else was talking about! He's really toned down alot & has even been saying really nice things about our gurl Roxy & her tank! Unignore him for a bit & give the former asshat a chance! Yes this is the same haleysdadda that talked about his first time ignoring somebody!:thanks::shades:

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Your Raymo RTA sounds nice because I like giant staple builds that most RTA's can't handle.

haleysdadda

AKA BILL
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
So if SC and SC Fanboys are so pissed about the Boreas where is their hate for the Hastur, the TF-RDTA and a multitude of other tanks using this RDTA system? It's obviously just drama.

That's just how I make an entrance when I'm new somewhere, it's over with for good now.
You might think about coming in a little softer! LOL!:shades:

DukeBlue

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I was trying to keep up here and watch the national championship game LOL it was hard but I got it done. Carolina just lost in the final second made my night. Sorry for going off topic

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Im watching The 5th Wave...again for the 50th Time...I need to find another new movie to download..

DukeBlue

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I do wish the reviewers would read my owner's manual so they don't get leaks filling, lol!

I know, I’m guilty of not reading instructions myself. I love the top fill but recently I’ve been filling from the bottom just to get that extra juice in because I’m going through juice like crazy.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I spread my cotton thin across the entire deck...thats my issue but it wont draw juice any faster then that method...I like having that "wetish vape" and it stays like that until around 170w and then starts to get dry as it goes higher.

DukeBlue

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Im watching The 5th Wave...again for the 50th Time...I need to find another new movie to download..

I haven’t seen that yet but a quick search and found it, It looks interesting may watch it later tonight.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I haven’t seen that yet but a quick search and found it, It looks interesting may watch it later tonight.
I have it in 720p/HD quality...most other torrents are CAM quality...Ill pm you the link if you want it

DukeBlue

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I have it in 720p quality...most other torrents are CAM quality...Ill pm you the link if you want it
OK thanks, I was just going to stream it but a 1080 copy would be better.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I spread my cotton thin across the entire deck...thats my issue but it wont draw juice any faster then that method...I like having that "wetish vape" and it stays like that until around 170w and then starts to get dry as it goes higher.

Try taking a needle or something very thin, then once you tuck the cotton down as you do (I do this as well) poke the needle/thin object up through the bottom side of the wicking holes to make sure no cotton is pressing through them. This creates an ideal situation that's leak-proof but wicks very well.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Has anyone used any of that super high VG pancake batter level ejuice in the Boreas yet? I have quite a bit of this type of juice (95% VG+) but considering it's never once wicked well in ANY tank I put it in I've been avoiding wasting time with it. I have a juice that's literally 98.5% VG, they used some kind of super concentrated alcohol-based flavoring in it and the viscosity of this shit is literally like honey or cough syrup. I need to vape this stuff but I never can due to no tank wanting to wick it.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I use a bit of straight VG before changing flavors and I havent had an issue yet...Usually you can run hotter with plain VG as its more viscous and after it starts to warm is gets less viscous and wicks better and better the hotter it gets....so if your running high vg get it warm and then turn it up.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Not sure about others but for me most manuals these days are way too small. My eyes are getting bad in my old age. Besides isn't that what YouTube is for? Hint hint....

Use reading glasses like me. Yeah, I'm getting old. It does have to fit in the box.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
That seems like it'd be pretty unfair to the people who bought the Stainless, and it would make the black Boreas a V1.5.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Roxy you should get with Leon and release some colored glasses for the Boreas like the Supreme has, given how sexy the Boreas already is I could see the addition of colored glass making it a real head turner.

We will once sales justify it. We talked about it weeks ago.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
When exactly is all the time? The only recent example I know of would be the Griffin 22mm getting clicking airflow on the newer versions, but there's no mention of the addition of knurling on any website or that I've seen from Roxy so I'd say it's just wishful thinking on your end. It would be nice though, I'm getting a black one the day after Eciggity gets them in stock.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my Boreas tonight, took er apart and all the O-rings are intact and all of them look in perfect condition aside from the one on the installed deck. That one has a couple small spots where it looks a little roughed up, but still in decent shape.

But in the box it came with a big packet of extra o-rings. Theres probably around a dozen or more extra o-rings in there, so I should be good even if a couple break lol

Gotta say, total first impression is that this tanks build quality is miles above that of the Alleria I got a week or 2 ago. No rough threads, no burrs, no rough feeling or cheap feeling metal. All the construction is on point. Super happy so far just with the hands on look over. Gonna slap some coils in there and get it rollin.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
When exactly is all the time? The only recent example I know of would be the Griffin 22mm getting clicking airflow on the newer versions, but there's no mention of the addition of knurling on any website or that I've seen from Roxy so I'd say it's just wishful thinking on your end.

What? I've posted several times my initial design had some, and that I am pretty sure it will be added.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I haven't seen your original design, I just meant on the black version pre-order listed on StS and EC. This means I'm going to have to buy a third Boreas. Come onnnnn.

Also will the Eciggity Boreas tanks have the O-ring issue? The initial Boreas I got from StS had all the o-rings intact so I still have potential spares if the black version does, maybe the Supreme spares could transfer over just in case.

Last edited:

Steamhead

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Just wanted to add, I went to throw a heavier build on the "big" deck, and my oring was severed, too. Popped one of the extras on (from the top), and was G2G.

Also, my top cap unscrews like a dream, no knurling needed. I'm really glad it doesn't have knurling, as I find it to be quite fucking ugly.

Last edited:

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I think knurling is ass-ugly on stainless steel devices but looks very good on black devices.

VU Sponsors