Become a Patron!

The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im with you, I dont like any grip cuts or anything on my tanks. Makes it look less slick and streamlined. Plus, theres the possibility that the cut outs are sharp, ala the Alleria, and will cut the fuck outta your hands if that top cap gets stuck. Im happy with how the boreas looks now, and if it gets stuck, Ive got the Coilmaster Vape Tweezers comin to help with that.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do wish the reviewers would read my owner's manual so they don't get leaks filling, lol!
I did read it... and followed it. Still got a tetch of flooding/occasional drip. I think this has to do less with tank design and manual, and more to do with build and wick. Ya shoulda seen my first couple Bellus builds. Might as well have used a sieve or collander.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Im with you, I dont like any grip cuts or anything on my tanks. Makes it look less slick and streamlined. Plus, theres the possibility that the cut outs are sharp, ala the Alleria, and will cut the fuck outta your hands if that top cap gets stuck. Im happy with how the boreas looks now, and if it gets stuck, Ive got the Coilmaster Vape Tweezers comin to help with that.

My fiancee owns the Alleria and he cut his hand open on the topfill notches of the Alleria, so you're definitely not wrong about them being sharp because he's STILL wearing that band-aid. I don't mind notches on SS devices, where-as I feel knurling only works aesthetically on black/darker devices, but sharp notches or threads are a definite no-no.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You have to do the KAYFUN RULE on the BOREAS... It's a must, just like any tanks out there without the JFC!

VAPE IT

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My fiancee owns the Alleria and he cut his hand open on the topfill notches of the Alleria, so you're definitely not wrong about them being sharp because he's STILL wearing that band-aid. I don't mind notches on SS devices, where-as I feel knurling only works aesthetically on black/darker devices. But sharp notches or threads are a definite no-no.
if you over tighten it dude... There's a positivity ur gonna cut ur self, that's all USER ERROR don't blame it on the tank...

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
What is the Kayfun rule exactly? I used the Kayfun V1-V3 and mini's religiously way back and the day and the other rule I remember was don't crank the threads down tightly or you'll be using vice grips to get that thing disassembled. Also, I didn't cut my hand, my fiancee did. He's also very small and isn't exactly capable of hulk cranking his top cap down. It's not exactly user error if the cut-outs or threads are sharp. Sharp things cut, that's not a good design choice and I would not call it user error. I'm definitely not a machinist but I believe when you machine things down too finely they become sharp, and that's a definite no-no for parts of a device that are likely to be gripped and turned by exposed hands a lot.

Last edited:

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Man that box is in the graveyard of all the other RTA boxes and so is the manual. I'm not going diving for it this late. I always take the spare O-rings and etc. out and put it in this plastic vape-first-aid case I've designated for ease of use. Manuals usually never even get read by me, but I've had no issues with the Boreas and it's a fairly good design so I found everything on it straight forward.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What is the Kayfun rule exactly? I used the Kayfun V1-V3 and mini's religiously way back and the day and the other rule I remember was don't crank the threads down tightly or you'll be using vice grips to get that thing disassembled. Also, I didn't cut my hand, my fiancee did. He's also very small and isn't exactly capable of hulk cranking his top cap down. It's not exactly user error if the cut-outs or threads are sharp. Sharp things cut, that's not a good design choice and I would not call it user error.
It is a user error if U cut ur self...
U CUT UR SELF that's all U... If it's too tight? Why continue to use ur hand, use a tool and learn from that.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I did not cut myself, my fiancee cut himself. He's not even capable of overtightening a top cap to the point you're talking about. SHARP objects aren't user error, if something is sharp, it's easy to cut yourself on it. The error is on the manufacturer/machinist at that point. It took little force for him to cut his hand, that is not user error and making the excuse that using a tool is the way to go for a device made to be taken apart via hand isn't really a solution. Sharp + Hand assembled parts = Bad vibes.

My twink boyfriend at his epic 5'2", 115 pound stature is not hulk twisting top caps down, and I just felt the top cap of the Alleria and I could definitely see cutting yourself being easy on this thing.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man that box is in the graveyard of all the other RTA boxes and so is the manual. I'm not going diving for it this late. I always take the spare O-rings and etc. out and put it in this plastic vape-first-aid case I've designated for ease of use. Manuals usually never even get read by me, but I've had no issues with the Boreas and it's a fairly good design so I found everything on it straight forward.
KFR is very important...manufacturers came out with the JFC to prevent leaking, that's all the purpose of the JFC... If you own the MUTANKS you will know what I'm trying to say..

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did not cut myself, my fiancee cut himself. He's not even capable of overtightening a top cap to the point you're talking about. SHARP objects aren't user error, if something is sharp, it's easy to cut yourself on it. The error is on the manufacturer/machinist at that point. It took little force for him to cut his hand, that is not user error and making the excuse that using a tool is the way to go for a device made to be taken apart via hand isn't really a solution. Sharp + Hand assembled parts = Bad vibes.
Really, that's how sharp the damn thing is
Tsk tsk tsk, I'm not pointing at you bro, I'm generalizing my comment.. We good..
I can probably shave with that shit lol..

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I don't own a mutank, and I also don't normally turn the JFC off when filling though I do turn it off when I go to sleep at night due to my bad experiences with the JFC-lacking 30mm VCMT leaking like a bitch overnight.

Now I want to try and shave with the Alleria, shit. I've got an old school Tobh clone that has threads sharp enough to slice through a seat belt laying around somewhere.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
DRAT! DRAT! DRAT!
Just found out that the Boreas will not fit in the Movkin Disguiser.
That was what I was going to get it to work on.
View attachment 46099

Thanks dude, I had no idea what that was, saw it and immediately deduced I had to have the damned thing. That looks like everything my Railbox was not. The Railbox is nice but a DNA40 is not enough power for me to use.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't own a mutank, and I also don't normally turn the JFC off when filling though I do turn it off when I go to sleep at night due to my bad experiences with the JFC-lacking 30mm VCMT leaking like a bitch overnight.
Hah!!
I use it a lot with my SERPENT, bitch leaks and shit if you don't know what you DOING!!, the MUTANKS don't have JFC, a lot of VAPERS don't like em cuz they leak, yes they leak if you don't know shit!

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I have a system with juice-channel containing RTA's that lack JFC like the VCMT. I make sure the wick is covering the entire width of the channel, then I thread the chamber on and make sure no wick is visible in the juice flow ports that you can see when the chamber is 100% threaded on. This leads to a nice balance that prevents leaks and still has the tank wicking well.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My fiancee owns the Alleria and he cut his hand open on the topfill notches of the Alleria, so you're definitely not wrong about them being sharp because he's STILL wearing that band-aid. I don't mind notches on SS devices, where-as I feel knurling only works aesthetically on black/darker devices, but sharp notches or threads are a definite no-no.

My hands got cut up too one them. They are SHARP. Like perfect little 90 degree sharp corners and theyll tear you up.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a system with juice-channel containing RTA's that lack JFC like the VCMT. I make sure the wick is covering the entire width of the channel, then I thread the chamber on and make sure no wick is visible in the juice flow ports that you can see when the chamber is 100% threaded on. This leads to a nice balance that prevents leaks and still has the tank wicking well.
Now, if you added the KFR you don't have to worry about ur wicking, too much, slide, tuck, juice U GOOD TO GO...

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
You should see this old ass Tobh clone I have, the 510 threads stripped out like two tube mods before I noticed they were sharp enough to decapitate someone with a thin neck.

Also, you have still not told me what the Kayfun rule is. Come on now.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You should see this old ass Tobh clone I have, the 510 threads stripped out like two tube mods before I noticed they were sharp enough to decapitate someone with a thin neck.
That fucking TOBH GAVE ME PAPER CUTS,

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
The authentic Tobh and most clones didn't have this problem. This is literally one of those no-name generic China clones that are sold in the $5 bins of vape shops. You get what you pay for with that kind of shit.

Even though the Alleria sliced my fiancee's hand open he still enjoys it, something about seeing his build makes him excited because he's a 22 year old child, so I'm not calling it a bad RTA but those top cap notches are a little TOO sharp.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's very simple bros
FILL THE TANK
CLOSE THE TOP CAP halfway close
Flip tank upside down
Let juice flow all the while flip upside down
Flip it back slowly while closing the top cap fully,
You should be good to go
THATS THE KFR...

VAPE IT

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When you do this
It will drip out all the excess juice in the build deck and it will create a VACUUM EFFECT WHEN YOU FLIP THE TANK BACK... this method is effective with tanks without the JFC,

VAPE IT

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I always made it a point to fill my Kayfuns to about 95% capacity to keep an air bubble in the device that created a vacuum without the need for flipping it.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With the BOREAS
You have to apply this to prevent flooding In the deck since the airflow and the JFC are 1...

VAPE IT

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I've never once had leaking out of my Boreas and I don't shut the JFC off or flip it. I've grown very accustomed to professionally wicking tanks because they're all I've been using for almost a year.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I always made it a point to fill my Kayfuns to about 95% capacity to keep an air bubble in the device that created a vacuum without the need for flipping it.
But with that method, you don't guarantee it will not leak, specially if you don't wick it right...

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never once had leaking out of my Boreas and I don't shut the JFC off or flip it. I've grown very accustomed to professionally wicking tanks because they're all I've been using for almost a year.
You my friend, is what we call ADVANCE, again
My comment s are for every vaper out there

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
The Kayfun rule I've been using for the past six months is let the tanks sit on the shelf and collect dust because my Kayfun's have become outdated. Though the V3 Mini looks nice, I think he really needs to release a Kayfun more accustomed to larger builds, I know the whole single coil, low wattage MtL style is the Kayfun's THING, but I feel like if Svoemesto made a 25mm big deck RTA we'd have an entire new standard.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I have no idea wtf you guys are talking about. Kayfun rule?

I'm a woman with arthritis, neuropathy and a Dupuytren's contracture so I can't overtighten shit. Works very well for me :D

I don't know anything about whether the new tanks, including Eciggity's, have better o rings. I certainly hope so, but I'm not in China overseeing things.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Kayfun rule I've been using for the past six months is let the tanks sit on the shelf and collect dust because my Kayfun's have become outdated. Though the V3 Mini looks nice, I think he really needs to release a Kayfun more accustomed to larger builds, I know the whole single coil, low wattage MtL style is the Kayfun's THING, but I feel like if Svoemesto made a 25mm big deck RTA we'd have an entire new standard.
Kayfuns will NEVER be outdated. Just because you've moved on from does not mean everyone else has. I have 5 Kayfuns or Kayfuns clones in my regular rotation. I don't always chuck clouds...

I also have 15 genies in use...

Old ain't dead...

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have no idea wtf you guys are talking about. Kayfun rule?

I'm a woman with arthritis, neuropathy and a Dupuytren's contracture so I can't overtighten shit. Works very well for me :D

I don't know anything about whether the new tanks, including Eciggity's, have better o rings. I certainly hope so, but I'm not in China overseeing things.
Wel, durn it all, best get over there and set 'em straight!

VU Sponsors