Become a Patron!

The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

dshuld

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Ya, I can try it. The wick seems plenty soaked. And it's consistent. Not heavy then light after a couple pulls.

TC can be "anemic". But that can be several problems or combination of problems. The coils have to be spaced, and nothing loose. Steady ohm reading. After that, it's wick. Many people think it's TC, but if it was on power it would be burnt. Too much power, or not enough wick. So after going to SS, I've done all that. But I think I have it pretty well sorted out.

My builds are 7-9 wraps on 3-4 mm. I've had consistent results and not many problems. So I'm pretty familiar with what I should get. The VCMT is a fire hose. But nobody can seem to figure out wick. Dry or leaks. So on my builds, I know what a saturated wick on my coils will do. To the point of dumping juice down the chimney like a dripper.

With all that.... This setup just seems lacking. And with all the reports of huge builds and no wicking problems... Well, that must mean a problem. I'm going to have to drip in it and see...
Only two things I've used tc in was my stm and atty3. That was back when ni200 was first coming around. Helped rootbeer taste better in the stm. All I achieved with the atty3 was a 19 wrap spaced coil that was good for a single coil in the atty3 lol. Havent tried it again since shelving those two though.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ya, I can try it. The wick seems plenty soaked. And it's consistent. Not heavy then light after a couple pulls.

TC can be "anemic". But that can be several problems or combination of problems. The coils have to be spaced, and nothing loose. Steady ohm reading. After that, it's wick. Many people think it's TC, but if it was on power it would be burnt. Too much power, or not enough wick. So after going to SS, I've done all that. But I think I have it pretty well sorted out.

My builds are 7-9 wraps on 3-4 mm. I've had consistent results and not many problems. So I'm pretty familiar with what I should get. The VCMT is a fire hose. But nobody can seem to figure out wick. Dry or leaks. So on my builds, I know what a saturated wick on my coils will do. To the point of dumping juice down the chimney like a dripper.

With all that.... This setup just seems lacking. And with all the reports of huge builds and no wicking problems... Well, that must mean a problem. I'm going to have to drip in it and see...
Im vaping on the .2mm Deck with the build I just posted and it keeping up at 151w (the 151w on this mod is hotter then most 200w mods maxed out though)...not a dryish draw yet....fluff your wicks and spread the tips out all over the deck dont pack it down but make sure theres atleast a small hole for air to pass under.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Im vaping on the .2mm Deck with the build I just posted and it keeping up at 151w (the 151w on this mod is hotter then most 200w mods maxed out though)...not a dryish draw yet....fluff your wicks and spread the tips out all over the deck dont pack it down but make sure theres atleast a small hole for air to pass under.
Ya, that's what I thought. Fire hose. The side air might cool things a little. I have mine all the way to 600F. It's barely warm.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Who won?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sam got the jump on me but I ended up using some kind of magical staff to propel him in a sealed orb back into the cosmos. So I guess it was more of a draw, the fight part didn't last long. But he ended up stealing my staff later and this caused me to fall, up, back to Earth. Then I woke up due to a hypnic-jerk type event and hallucinated spiders crawling up my wall in a somewhat sleep paralysis-esque state. Last time I ever take Ambien with my Suboxone.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Got mine from STS this morning, broken o-rings on both decks, both have crooked posts, the insulators don't fit properly, one being much worse then the other.. Otherwise it is quite nice, bad luck I guess, buildable, but kinda annoying.

M3JPN5q.jpg

cs3eWVv.jpg

AwoStsV.jpg

Jh3GaZi.jpg

This is very upsetting :( Please contact Subtank Supply, and let me know what they say.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
The website is still saying out of stock but I got notification of my Black Boreas being shipped from Eciggity this morning. Either the website is wrong or they ate up all the stock with pre-orders.

brandon david

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The website is still saying out of stock but I got notification of my Black Boreas being shipped from Eciggity this morning. Either the website is wrong or they ate up all the stock with pre-orders.
Probably pre-orders. Reviews of this thing have gotten around enough that there's some fairly major hype going on.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Well because I'm a semi-wealthy fool who pays $22 for express shipping I'll have it tomorrow. I haven't seen a single picture of the tank in black, so I'm interested in comparing it to my SS Boreas.

Also, Raymo, how do you get the outer wire of your fused claptons to wrap so close together? I mean it almost looks as if it's three pieces of wire with a metallic, seamless sleeve around them. I've been making fused and staple wire 50 feet at a time for months now and I cannot get it that clean. Though I do mainly use 32ga for my outer core, so it may be your smaller gauge outer core making it look that way.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well because I'm a semi-wealthy fool who pays $22 for express shipping I'll have it tomorrow. I haven't seen a single picture of the tank in black, so I'm interested in comparing it to my SS Boreas.

Also, Raymo, how do you get the outer wire of your fused claptons to wrap so close together? I mean it almost looks as if it's three pieces of wire with a metallic, seamless sleeve around them. I've been making fused and staple wire 50 feet at a time for months now and I cannot get it that clean. Though I do mainly use 32ga for my outer core, so it may be your smaller gauge outer core making it look that way.
Time, practice, and hand strain my friend. I use swivel method and I keep tension the entire length and I dont like using anything lower then 36g for outer wrap...I like 38g-46g but I have gone as high as 54g for outerwrap (NIGHTMARE).
Here's that wire while I was wrapping it:
2013fc3516aa778d515af08398a481c5.png

2x26K/54N60 Fused Clapton Core, Framed with 22KA1, Wrapped in 46N60 can you see any lines on the fused clapton in the center? Its 10x's thinner then human hair...what a pleasure it was making that....:xD::gaah:

2x26K 54N60, Framed with 22K, Wrapped in 46N60 .jpg 2x26K 54N60, Framed with 22K, Wrapped in 46N60.jpg

Last edited:

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well, got home.... Ohms rock solid. It's not that. And twice today I puked juice from filling. Operator error, but annoying.

dshuld

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Jewellers glasses help too for me.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
how the hell do you wrap a 50 foot long clapton? how long was your wrapping wire? 1000 feet? Spining it on a drill? I just cant picture doing that by hand.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
how the hell do you wrap a 50 foot long clapton? how long was your wrapping wire? 1000 feet? Spining it on a drill? I just cant picture doing that by hand.

You wrap 5 feet at a time ten times.

Also, Raymo, me using 32 gauge for my outers is due to an inner-fear that anything like 36ga+ will melt at the high output power I typically vape with. Like, 54 gauge, I feel like that would melt at an 8V output, and that's such a high resistance wire. Though with three 22-24 gauge inner cores I bet it cancels out any high resistance properties of the ungodly thin 54.

Last edited:

HDMontana

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So the inside is black as well? From augvape's site, the black appears to be SS inside. Outside finish more of a gloss. I guess we will know soon enough as they start arriving.

HD

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I like that it appears to be more of a flat/primer black color instead of a glossy black. Could just be the picture, but I hope it's actually a flatter tone. Less fingerprints, more sexiness.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
HOLY SHIT!!!!! God damn!!! That thang is bootyful

I know - I had a heck of a time deciding between SS and black - finally settled on black because most of my attys are already SS.

Of course, I been second guessing this choice from the get go, lol.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
There's no reason to limit yourself to either color, I have an SS with a black coming tomorrow. Same with my Supreme, I've got a SS and a Black, though the SS Aromamizer Supreme looks like ass because knurling + SS = fugly.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I had to be "budget conscious" on that unplanned purchase for several reasons and could only buy one :(

If I can get it running better than my other RTA fails I'll order several because I really, really, really, want to get away from prebuilt coils. RTAs taste better, are less expensive and the coils last so much longer.

Plus, I'm one of those doomsday deeming rules preppers (that's the real reason I could only buy one) and really need to beef up at least one kind of RTA I feel I can vape for years to come.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I also have the FDA-Apocalypse mindset which is why I vape predominantly with rebuildable devices, and when I find an RDA or RTA I really like I usually end up ordering 3-4 with multiple spares. This is also why I have 12 DNA200 boards sitting on my desk that are solely for DIY box mod emergencies in a vape-ban crisis scenario. I also have several gallons of DIY flavoring, VG/PG bases and nicotine base in the fridge, along with a metric fuckton of all different gauges of kanthal, ni80, 316L SS, NiFE30 and other various wires.

aldenf

Member For 5 Years
You wrap 5 feet at a time ten times.

Also, Raymo, me using 32 gauge for my outers is due to an inner-fear that anything like 36ga+ will melt at the high output power I typically vape with. Like, 54 gauge, I feel like that would melt at an 8V output, and that's such a high resistance wire. Though with three 22-24 gauge inner cores I bet it cancels out any high resistance properties of the ungodly thin 54.

I think you hit on it already. The wrapping carries little to no electric current. Electricity, like water, always follows the path of least resistance. Also the outer wrapping doesn't get quite as hot as the cores. I've become a fan of 36-40g for wrapping Claptons.

Come to think of it, I wonder what Eric thinks of being ensconced in the vaping world? hehe

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I'm very familiar with the concept of surface area to resistance, I'm an electrical engineer by degree and profession. I was just wondering what minute changes in resistance would be caused by the lessened surface area of an EXTREMELY thin wire like 54ga compared to my typical 32ga, plus Raymo is only running his core wires into the posts so I'm sure he's getting even less of an affected resistance.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
The outside is what gets seen, so hell yes. I LOVE flat black.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It looks like a ceramic glaze almost....I hope it is so it wont be easy to break or chip off...I wish it was powdercoat.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I agree, I've come to learn through trial by fire that powder coating something makes the finish extremely durable if you put a good clear coat over it.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I agree, I've come to learn through trial by fire that powder coating something makes the finish extremely durable if you put a good clear coat over it.
You can fold a piece of metal its baked onto and the metal will fracture before the powercoat cracks...if its applied correctly.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
What exactly is the process for powder coating something? I'm by no means an expert on paint, I can swirl paint and hydro dip but I'm wondering if this is a process I could ever pick up on my own time because the local place charges out the ass for it.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
What exactly is the process for powder coating something? I'm by no means an expert on paint, I can swirl paint and hydro dip but I'm wondering if this is a process I could ever pick up on my own time because the local place charges out the ass for it.
Sand it, clean it with alcohol spray, lacquer and powder and then bake it.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I actually have most of the supplies for that already.

HDMontana

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have quite a few in non use as well. I cleaned them, left glass off and didn't tighten them together. My thoughts were that this would help preserve the o rings. Especially the ones that aren't round shaped.

HD

AlbyKortoona

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Kept in a vacuum seal bag in a dark place, o rings will last a long time. Have heard silicone spray helps but don't know for sure.

WraithPC

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This is very upsetting :( Please contact Subtank Supply, and let me know what they say.
Not exactly thrilled by the response I got, I also did let him know it was both decks not one, Think I'll look elsewhere to purchase the black one.

they are sending us extra decks and orings. the interenet is down at the office right now and the black boreas are supposed to be here today and cannot print labels or anything right now.. remind me in a couple days and i will get you some orings and a deck. thansk

VU Sponsors