The BOREAS RTA by Augvape and Roxy

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Hopefully they put more effort into sending you a proper deck and o-rings than they did typing out that eyesore of a response you quoted. Jesus.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Not exactly thrilled by the response I got, I also did let him know it was both decks not one, Think I'll look elsewhere to purchase the black one.

Yeah, make sure he knows it's both. I don't have any extras or I would send you one.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I had a new SS Boreas arrive today....from ST supply.....no problems with this one. Didn't have problems with the first either though. They must have received a bad batch of o-rings, was a little late to do anything about it after their sent to vendors.

That bent post is ridiculous though.

Was the package damaged in any way?

I know of at least three people who received the dotmod Petri V2 with crushed packages, which crushed the glass container the atty is packed in.

Hopefully they will send you a new atty.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I also received a damaged Petri V2, but my box was fine, the glass that the RDA was in was smashed to bits and it had scratched the finish of the atomizer ALL to hell.

Last edited:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I also received a damaged Petri V2, but my box was fine, the glass contained the RDA was in was smashed to bits and it had scratched the finish of the atomizer ALL to hell.
Yep.....same reports I've heard, and seen posted. That box is hard too....they had to go out of their way to smash the glass...!

WraithPC

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No, box was perfect, as is the rest of the tank, actually I was quite impressed initially, a little let down though once I dropped the deck, worse one was inside.

Hey Roxy, did you ever get your Train? I was a bit disappointed with it in, though tossing the top section of the Higo on it made it a helluva lot better. with the chimney it shipped with my Train 2.0 gave the same sensation as sucking on a bubbler (water fountain) depending where you are from :giggle:

It was actually a pleasant paring. Train gave me a nano Higo, and lost the gurgles. Interestingly the train chimney does not gurgle on the Higo and donates a decent top fill in the process. Have to get around to opening that chimney up...

Almost forgot, had to use the glass from an Aqua FX on the Train/Higo combo.

x60gaeA.jpg

r0WsTaI.jpg

jhhollier

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I also received a damaged Petri V2, but my box was fine, the glass contained the RDA was in was smashed to bits and it had scratched the finish of the atomizer ALL to hell.
Mine was similar. The glass tube for the atty was smashed but the glass tube for the drip tip was intact. The broken glass didn't scratch my Petri though.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Yep.....same reports I've heard, and seen posted. That box is hard too....they had to go out of their way to smash the glass...!

I contacted the vendor, who I shall leave nameless, and they acted as if it was all to blame on USPS when the outside of the package wasn't damaged or tampered with in the slightest. Luckily, Dotmod was awesome enough to send me an entire new RDA without even requesting the other one back, so now I have two Petri V2's, one is just kind of scuffed up on the outside.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Train finally showed up yesterday, but I haven't built it. I'm not even sure I want it anymore, lol! It does seem well made.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I wasn't a huge fan of the Train, because it was basically a smaller Aromamizer V1. Though I did find the Hastur and the Higo to be decent, I wish they made 25mm versions.

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Mine "shipped" yesterday, but only the label was created. I'm sure it will be on a truck at some point today. STS said on the website yesterday all of the initial pre-order black ones should have shipped yesterday.
Same here. Still sitting in Banner Ky... Hope it moves soon. But my SS one didnt move until wednesday afternoon, and was in my hand that friday. Fingers crossed...

brandon david

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, I went to rebuild mine last night and the o-ring snapped on me. Spare deck is snapped also. I just ordered a pack of 12x1 orings for another ordeal last night and actually think they may fit so I put a drop of super glue on the break and popped it back on. 13 hours later, still no leaks and works fine until the package shows up. Ha

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mine has left Charleston, WV early this morning. It's on track to be here possibly tomorrow. My previous orders have showed 24 hours to Austin, then to my p.o. ready for delivery by 9. Fingers crossed for a tomorrow delivery!

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Well, I went to rebuild mine last night and the o-ring snapped on me. Spare deck is snapped also. I just ordered a pack of 12x1 orings for another ordeal last night and actually think they may fit so I put a drop of super glue on the break and popped it back on. 13 hours later, still no leaks and works fine until the package shows up. Ha

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Wow! Never thought of fixing an o ring. Good job!

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I need to get an oring order in. What's the general consensus as to sizes needed?

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
EDIT: Turns out the 'gash' on my Boreas tanks was actually some sort of glue/residue that was REALLY on there from the packaging, thanks to Roxy's comment I tried removing it and it did indeed come off.

Last edited:

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I only had the oring issues with the ss one I've had for awhile now. My black on might get here Thursday and am hoping it's going to be OK. I'm glad to hear your orings were good. Maybe they corrected that problem between the first delivery and second. If the box it's in was sealed and good, then the gash had to originate at Augvape. l don't know if the demand for these far exceeded their expectations, and maybe they are rushing a bit to try to meet the demand and QC is suffering for it.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I need to get an oring order in. What's the general consensus as to sizes needed?

Base is 12 x 1

Okay, rather it be StS/Eciggity or Augvape, someone is messing up. While I got my black Boreas, on the bottom cap that threads onto the deck portion, there's a HUGE gash across it. It's not cutting into the metal at all, but it has easily marred up the finish and engraving on the bottom. When threaded onto my mod you cannot see it, and the tank otherwise functions fine so I'm not really upset it's just, damn. Roxy you should really tell those people over at Augvape to hop on the quality control, the o-rings were all fine but StS had a ton of bad ones on the deck from what I've read and now my black Boreas from Eciggity has a huge mark on the bottom finish. I don't know who is to blame, rather it be the vendors or Augvape's production facilities, but someone is really dropping the ball here. Roxy you have an amazing design, and someone is messing it up with this bad quality control. I know that's ZERO fault of your own, but someone is to blame and this needs to be corrected.

EDIT: Curiosity got the better of me and I looked at the bottom of my stainless steel Boreas, same damned gash. It's like they messed up engraving it, it looks much worse on the black. So far we have bad o-rings, misfitted insulators, crooked decks and now gashes on the bottom cap. This is some shotty quality control, and while I've only experienced the bottom gashes and still love my Boreas tanks to death, this needs to be addressed.

I thought my black one did, but it was from the packaging! Try scrubbing it off. The packaging is tight!

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I'll try that right now, but it doesn't seem like it's gonna come off.

EDIT: Disregard everything I said about the gash on the bottom cap, Roxy was right, it's from the packaging. Appears to be some sort of glue, it's a bitch to get off, I'm currently using 99% Iso alcohol and it's slowly peeling off.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
The fact that it looked white tipped me off that it might be that foam from the packaging. And yep, it washed off.

Well on the black it looking whitish made me think the finish had been gashed off and the stainless steel was showing, that's what made me think it was a gash.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Now that I have a Black Boreas I have to say it. Boreas > Aromamizer Supreme. Yeah, I get a little bit better flavor off my Supreme, but that's all I get that's better. I can actually fit 10 wrap 3.2mm 28x2 with 32ga fused claptons in the Boreas where-as I can only fit 9 wrap 3mm fused claptons in the Supreme. The Boreas with its bigger build deck and higher amount of airflow lets me literally cap my .6 fused clapton build out at 9V at 142W. That's the maximum voltage power output of the DNA200, so that's just amazing. If I had like a .3 ohm build in here I have no doubt it could handle a full 200W with no issues. The Boreas also doesn't need knurling, I find the metal on the Boreas to just be very naturally easy to grip, there's no slippery/sliding issues when I go to take any part off of the tank. So the Supreme gives better flavor, but the Boreas is cheaper, sexier, holds more juice, has a bigger build deck, and just throws down some baller clouds with its allowance for huge builds. If the JFC and airflow on the Boreas were separate, I'd probably retire my Supreme's. I love the Boreas, and it's beaten the Aromamizer Supreme for me for sure.

I'm not sure what the overall diameter of each airflow hole on the Boreas is, or the chimney, but Roxy, a suggestion. If you didn't already do it on the current Boreas, if you ever design a V2 make the chimney diameter the same measurement as the combined diameter of all the airflow holes added together. That way the flavor output will be as good as it can be, and separate the juice flow control from the airflow. If you can do that, and make the build deck a LITTLE bit bigger, you will literally have designed the perfect tank in my eyes. You came pretty damned close with the Boreas as-is though.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Now that I have a Black Boreas I have to say it. Boreas > Aromamizer Supreme. Yeah, I get a little bit better flavor off my Supreme, but that's all I get that's better. I can actually fit 10 wrap 3.2mm 28x2 with 32ga fused claptons in the Boreas where-as I can only fit 9 wrap 3mm fused claptons in the Supreme. The Boreas with its bigger build deck and higher amount of airflow lets me literally cap my .6 fused clapton build out at 9V at 142W. That's the maximum voltage power output of the DNA200, so that's just amazing. If I had like a .3 ohm build in here I have no doubt it could handle a full 200W with no issues. The Boreas also doesn't need knurling, I find the metal on the Boreas to just be very naturally easy to grip, there's no slippery/sliding issues when I go to take any part off of the tank. So the Supreme gives better flavor, but the Boreas is cheaper, sexier, holds more juice, has a bigger build deck, and just throws down some baller clouds with its allowance for huge builds. If the JFC and airflow on the Boreas were separate, I'd probably retire my Supreme's. I love the Boreas, and it's beaten the Aromamizer Supreme for me for sure.

I'm not sure what the overall diameter of each airflow hole on the Boreas is, or the chimney, but Roxy, a suggestion. If you didn't already do it on the current Boreas, if you ever design a V2 make the chimney diameter the same measurement as the combined diameter of all the airflow holes added together. That way the flavor output will be as good as it can be, and separate the juice flow control from the airflow. If you can do that, and make the build deck a LITTLE bit bigger, you will literally have designed the perfect tank in my eyes. You came pretty damned close with the Boreas as-is though.

The chimney IS the same area (cross sectional) as the 8 combined airholes. That's standard for RTA design.

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just checked over on the other side, and found a warning by robino1. I guess folks are still talking about Roxy over there. This is the post:

Come on guys, SJ said he was looking into it. Give him some time. <br /><br />I really do not want to close this thread. If the conversation continues in the fashion that it has been going in recently, I will have to.

If it gets closed, that will be the third Boreas thread that's been eliminated. I am not missing that severe censorship!

pwheeler

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That may be it. I scanned a page or two and found a couple of insignificant posts which mentioned Roxy, but I wouldn't consider that worth shutting it down.. They don't seem to have an open mind at all.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well, I played with my coils. Spacing got a little out of wick with me doing stuff. It does matter as much I want to think it doesn't. It's better. Re wicked and I think I'm maxed on what it will do. It still seems to be a little weak for what I expect, but it is in the ball park.

The air flow I think is just different than I'm used to. Every tank I've ever had was bottom air flow. Not that side is bad. Just might be different than I'm used to. Rather drastic change from 3 holes to 2. 3 is still very unrestricted, and 2 is restrictive. I've tried the middle, but eh, seems to precise... Gets moved.

The air flow makes a bit of noise. Is what it is. So far nothing compares to how quiet and smooth the VCMT is. It's just the rest of it sucks.

Made the mistake of trying to take the base off to clean air flow ring. Ya, you can't do that with juice in it. And I have dumped juice filling a couple times. I think I will get it. Still don't trust the RDA type base with holes open 8n my pocket. It has leaked, but Ive done other things wrong.

Bottom line is it is a performer and it definitely wicks. While I believe it to be weak, I'm still getting lots of vapor. Probably in my head. It's a very nice tank. A breeze to coil like any velocity deck, and even easier to wick like a RDA. Once I get better at not dumping juice from filling, I will be very happy.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
What is wrong with EC fuck??? Geez

VAPE IT

What is wrong is this is what happens when you let a hierarchy of power hungry moderators take control of an entire forum and pick and choose people to enforce the bullshit rules upon. Donators and veterans of the forum slide by on all kinds of disrespectful garbage and other people get immediate warnings and shit over saying the word 'damn'. Like I said earlier, that place is like the internet forum equivalent of fucking Jonestown.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Well, I played with my coils. Spacing got a little out of wick with me doing stuff. It does matter as much I want to think it doesn't. It's better. Re wicked and I think I'm maxed on what it will do. It still seems to be a little weak for what I expect, but it is in the ball park.

The air flow I think is just different than I'm used to. Every tank I've ever had was bottom air flow. Not that side is bad. Just might be different than I'm used to. Rather drastic change from 3 holes to 2. 3 is still very unrestricted, and 2 is restrictive. I've tried the middle, but eh, seems to precise... Gets moved.

The air flow makes a bit of noise. Is what it is. So far nothing compares to how quiet and smooth the VCMT is. It's just the rest of it sucks.

Made the mistake of trying to take the base off to clean air flow ring. Ya, you can't do that with juice in it. And I have dumped juice filling a couple times. I think I will get it. Still don't trust the RDA type base with holes open 8n my pocket. It has leaked, but Ive done other things wrong.

Bottom line is it is a performer and it definitely wicks. While I believe it to be weak, I'm still getting lots of vapor. Probably in my head. It's a very nice tank. A breeze to coil like any velocity deck, and even easier to wick like a RDA. Once I get better at not dumping juice from filling, I will be very happy.

I'm vaping dual non-spaced 3.2mm 10 wrap 28x2 with 32ga fused claptons at 142W, 9V maxed output on the DNA200. Thing is throwing out 8 footers every hit and the wicking is keeping up, I would definitely not call it weak.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I became a member there in 2014 I was suspended the same year by saying
Fuck kanger
My suspension got lifted this year LOL
like getting out of jail, went back there to check the BOREAS by Roxy cuz leon mentioned it.. So yeah!!

VAPE IT

VU Sponsors