“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Will do! Always interested in learning more from good references.

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!
So far for me, @HeadInClouds is spot on with his notes. I’ve just started getting into FLV....basically ordering what I need for recipes. But I’ve found a few I will always reorder. You’ll figure out winners and losers, based on your taste, after a while.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Red Dragon Custard(WIP)

Ah man it's the only new one that was even halfway enjoyable from last session. Well on the plus side, it's a custard I can vape, so that's a win for me I guess. Y'all probably don't have any use for it, what with game over custard and whatnot, but here it is anyway:
5% TFA dragonfruit
3% Cap vanilla custard v1
.5% FA custard
.75% FA fresh cream
2% INW strawberry shisha

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ah man it's the only new one that was even halfway enjoyable from last session. Well on the plus side, it's a custard I can vape, so that's a win for me I guess. Y'all probably don't have any use for it, what with game over custard and whatnot, but here it is anyway:
5% TFA dragonfruit
3% Cap vanilla custard v1
.5% FA custard
.75% FA fresh cream
2% INW strawberry shisha
That looks pretty good. How strong is the dragon fruit?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Speaking of which, I'm vaping today a recipe with FLV Sweet Coconut as the primary with a bit of FA coconut. Together it's just fantastic and it tastes and smells like the real thing. I'm also enjoying FLV and I'll be getting more
That sounds awesome! I love coconut Vapes.......just got Sweet coconut. Time to play with it.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
That looks pretty good. How strong is the dragon fruit?

Dragon fruit here is a secondary flavor, it's meant to make the strawberry and everything else get along nicer. That being said, it is kinda strong, so maybe bump it down to 4% if you don't love dragon fruit as much as me. Give it like twelve hours or so to let the custard come through. Strawberry is the strongest flavor though, I'll probably drop it a little next time though.

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So my cake base v1 does not work in a tank or at least not in my tanks i hope it might work in rba coz ive done 3 coils in in 2 days with that and GOC any recs for tank recipe tweeks

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just mixed up a batch of:
CSL Rainbow Candy 3%
INW Shisha Strawberry 3%
TFA Watermelon Candy 1.5%
FA Watermelon 1.5%
FA Marshmallow 1.5%

Hoping it turns out well since I'm heading out of town this week & this is the only juice I'll have on hand!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I need more flavors, damnit. I got ideas out the ass but with the very few amount of flavors I have and what I’m working with there’s not much to experiment with except for tiny variations to the original recipes I ordered for I want a good fruit flavored juice, but all I’ve got to work with is a weak flavor and then a few overpowering ones.
They should have B&M shops setup with DIY sections so that I could run out and buy new flavors as opposed to being stuck until I order more.

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I need more flavors, damnit. I got ideas out the ass but with the very few amount of flavors I have and what I’m working with there’s not much to experiment with except for tiny variations to the original recipes I ordered for I want a good fruit flavored juice, but all I’ve got to work with is a weak flavor and then a few overpowering ones.
They should have B&M shops setup with DIY sections so that I could run out and buy new flavors as opposed to being stuck until I order more.

I totally agree! There's been a few times that I've wished for a B&M that sold DIY flavors. I recently started buying the larger sizes of my flavors. This has helped me build up my collection since I don't have to keep reordering the same ones all the time. I'm up to 22 flavorings so far.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’ve got 13, but 1 is just a sweetener, 1 is a cream, and a few are specific to a certain recipe that aren’t in the realm of fruit recipes. So, basically for a fruit recipe I’m working with CAP-Sweet Strawberry (weak flavor), TFA-Juicy Peach (overpowering), INW-Pineapple (overpowering), and FA-Pomegranate (overpowering). The overpowering flavors are basically just fighting each other (though a touch of cream does get them singing kumbaya a bit) and poor strawberry is under the bed crying his eyes out hoping things will stop soon.

It’s a damn good thing I took the advice I got from @Mykreign and ordered a shit-ton of 10ml bottles for my little experiments. I just mixed up a bottle and left the biggest bully (Juicy Peach) out of the mix and gonna see what happens.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’ll just take comfort in the fact that even though the ones I’ve made haven’t hit the exact type of flavor/strength/juiciness I’m looking to hit, none of them (yet) have fallen into the category of not being vapable. So, at least I’m able to use what I’ve made. Since they’re all pretty similar (I think I’ve tried 6 times now) I was thinking of grabbing a bigger empty bottle and making a kind of “Kitchen Sink” bottle to just dump them all into.
Of course, with my luck, I’ll do that and start to vape it and it will be absolute perfection of what I’m shooting for, and I’ll have absolutely no way of recreating it, lol.

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Just mixed up a batch of:
CSL Rainbow Candy 3%
INW Shisha Strawberry 3%
TFA Watermelon Candy 1.5%
FA Watermelon 1.5%
FA Marshmallow 1.5%

Hoping it turns out well since I'm heading out of town this week & this is the only juice I'll have on hand!

34896c015b69508e0878dee9ba2ac4b09e30370d5a455d3322a70a8a299fc6bd.jpg

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’ll just take comfort in the fact that even though the ones I’ve made haven’t hit the exact type of flavor/strength/juiciness I’m looking to hit, none of them (yet) have fallen into the category of not being vapable. So, at least I’m able to use what I’ve made. Since they’re all pretty similar (I think I’ve tried 6 times now) I was thinking of grabbing a bigger empty bottle and making a kind of “Kitchen Sink” bottle to just dump them all into.
Of course, with my luck, I’ll do that and start to vape it and it will be absolute perfection of what I’m shooting for, and I’ll have absolutely no way of recreating it, lol.

I've had a couple Frankenstein mixes that came out really good using juices I want happy with, so I know exactly what you mean. But I have created an unvapable juice...FA Concord Grape. I used 5%,but it is recommended on HIC's % suggestions at like 0.1% or something. It came out tasting like I was eating potpourri! I still have yet to try anything with that flavor again yet.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I need to try to find a good grape flavor that won’t just run over anything it’s mixed with.
When I first started thinking about seriously trying DIY and brainstorming on what would be some cool flavors to try to make, I remembered my favorite koolaid as a kid was Purplesaurus Rex (which I think is grape and lemon)...thought it’d be fun to see if I could replicate it

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
I need to try to find a good grape flavor that won’t just run over anything it’s mixed with.
When I first started thinking about seriously trying DIY and brainstorming on what would be some cool flavors to try to make, I remembered my favorite koolaid as a kid was Purplesaurus Rex (which I think is grape and lemon)...thought it’d be fun to see if I could replicate it

I wish you luck with that. There's not many grape flavors worth a damn. Though if it's a kool aid type, DIYFS clearly grape might do ya some good, use it with a little touch of TFA grape candy or FW grape soda, might be worth looking into at some point.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Hmmmm.....sounds like a trip to BCF is in order. Variety is helpful when trying to come up with something. Sounds like you need a better strawberry.....I’d go Shisha(inw) or juicy(fa). Sweet has its place, more in strawberry and cream or in conjunction with another strawberry. Sounds like you might also need some bakery of some sort.....TFA cheesecake graham crust is very versatile as is INW biscuit and FA cookie. And maybe an ice cream? I tend to run quite a lot of bakeries, so I always recommend them! Def retake a look at the thread about what flavors to start with. It really does open doors that are currently not open.

And they f-ing SHOULD have somewhere to buy flavors(besides Loranns) on the fly! Someone could make a shit ton of money.......at least BCF is super fast!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

I’ve heard that about “kitchen sink”bottles......they can be disastrous or perfection.

And I’m glad you can vape what you’ve made so far! Keep tweaking! You’ll get it!

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@ScReWbALL here you go

fee2319de15f76557322288886f3b6e2.jpg

For a candy grape, try this to start

4% TFA grape candy
2% FA Fuji apple

Woohoo! I knew there had to be somewhere that I could steal a grape recipe from Grassy-Ass!

And they f-ing SHOULD have somewhere to buy flavors(besides Loranns) on the fly! Someone could make a shit ton of money.......at least BCF is super fast!

My thoughts exactly! With as cheap as the flavors are, you could probably get away with doubling the price of what BCF sells at and still get at least some business from folks that are just starting out and also from people who buy the bulk of their flavors online, but need to pick up one or two things on the fly every now and then.

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wish you luck with that. There's not many grape flavors worth a damn. Though if it's a kool aid type, DIYFS clearly grape might do ya some good, use it with a little touch of TFA grape candy or FW grape soda, might be worth looking into at some point.
Agreed! DIYFS clearly Grape would probably be perfect for grape Kool-aid.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I think today is tester day.....

TFA Ruby Chocolate
FW Creamy Coconut
WF Black Cherry Jelly Bean
INW Lemon Cake

Maybe a few more? Not sure about my motivation today.....:)

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What % you doing your black cherry at as standalone

I think I’m gonna start at 2%. First, though, I’m gonna look up what the “recommended”starting point is. Which I just did.....WF says 1-4%.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ive been using about 4% with other flavours and fyi dont use it with tfa plum unless plum is 1% or less just over rides the cherry

Good to know! Still just starting out with WF. Ya just never know until you try!

Wannavape247

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good to know! Still just starting out with WF. Ya just never know until you try!
Aye ive got 4 flavours by them now and happy with all of them. Hazelnut and cream, peach pie and cream, pecan pie and the black cherry jelly bean.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Aye ive got 4 flavours by them now and happy with all of them. Hazelnut and cream, peach pie and cream, pecan pie and the black cherry jelly bean.

Nice. I’ve got about 12.....most of which I haven’t tested yet. I’m behind in my testing!

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Took all the 10ml bottles of small variations to the same recipe I’d be tinkering around with that had TFA-Juicy Peach, CAP-Sweet Strawberry, and INW-Pineapple and dumped them all into a bottle...it didn’t turn into the ironic “perfect flavor” I was predicting might happen since I wouldn’t be able to recreate it, but it did come out pretty tasty nonetheless.
Then got bored and just started fiddling around and thought a Cherry-Pineapple might be fun, so I threw 2% FA-Cherry, 1% INW-Cherry, and .5% INW-Pineapple together...I’ll be damned if it doesn’t taste like a Cherry Jolly Rancher! A bit tart...I need to tone something down in it, but was pleasantly surprised.
Then I recalled a favorite milkshake of mine from Sonic was Strawberry-Banana...so, I took 5% CAP-Sweet Strawberry, 3% WF-Banana Puree, And 1% HS-Cream and mixed it up...but have yet to try it...don’t feel like rewicking at the moment, so, I’ll probably try it and report back on it tomorrow...from the smell of it, the banana purée may have steamrolled the other two flavors, but we’ll see!
The important thing, though, is I’m having damn good fun with this DIY stuff...even though I’m limited with what I can use at the moment, my imagination is getting a fine workout with what kind of possibilities there are and how countless they are, as well. Can’t wait to start stocking up on a bunch of different flavors so that I can have a quicker turnaround from the “I wonder...” part of the process to the final result part.
Wanted to thank everyone for the help and encouragement so far...I’m sure I’ll need more of both and it’s awesome to know that I’ve got the perfect place to find them.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Took all the 10ml bottles of small variations to the same recipe I’d be tinkering around with that had TFA-Juicy Peach, CAP-Sweet Strawberry, and INW-Pineapple and dumped them all into a bottle...it didn’t turn into the ironic “perfect flavor” I was predicting might happen since I wouldn’t be able to recreate it, but it did come out pretty tasty nonetheless.
Then got bored and just started fiddling around and thought a Cherry-Pineapple might be fun, so I threw 2% FA-Cherry, 1% INW-Cherry, and .5% INW-Pineapple together...I’ll be damned if it doesn’t taste like a Cherry Jolly Rancher! A bit tart...I need to tone something down in it, but was pleasantly surprised.
Then I recalled a favorite milkshake of mine from Sonic was Strawberry-Banana...so, I took 5% CAP-Sweet Strawberry, 3% WF-Banana Puree, And 1% HS-Cream and mixed it up...but have yet to try it...don’t feel like rewicking at the moment, so, I’ll probably try it and report back on it tomorrow...from the smell of it, the banana purée may have steamrolled the other two flavors, but we’ll see!
The important thing, though, is I’m having damn good fun with this DIY stuff...even though I’m limited with what I can use at the moment, my imagination is getting a fine workout with what kind of possibilities there are and how countless they are, as well. Can’t wait to start stocking up on a bunch of different flavors so that I can have a quicker turnaround from the “I wonder...” part of the process to the final result part.
Wanted to thank everyone for the help and encouragement so far...I’m sure I’ll need more of both and it’s awesome to know that I’ve got the perfect place to find them.

Oh no, you're hooked to DIY! :D

I made a real winner today, Caramel Custard that I would consider shareable
(Disclaimer, I like flavors on the light side because clouds bro clouds)

CAP Caramel Candy 4%
CAP Caramel 2%
DIYFS Vanilla Custard 2%
DIYFS Vanilla Milkshake 1%
3 drops of Coconut Extra (shrug lol)

Any other custard would be good, so would plain vanilla swirl or similar instead of the milkshake.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
All I read is GOC! Lol, should I try it even if I don't like custard vapes? Or at least I haven't found any I like yet...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yes. Many people that don't like custards like goc. I have 240mls made up. All the other bottles I mention are for other people.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Don't think I've ever seen watermelon and custard together. How is it? What fruit comes through?

Watermelon up front the others are just little enhancers. Even at 2 percent each that little bit of flavorah pops right up front. I love watermelon flavors.

sent from my phone but thats not the reason for the bad spelling. it is what it is yo.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Watermelon up front the others are just little enhancers. Even at 2 percent each that little bit of flavorah pops right up front. I love watermelon flavors.

sent from my phone but thats not the reason for the bad spelling. it is what it is yo.
Did you see my post about my sister loving loranns watermelon?

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, my cherry jolly rancher mutated into something horrible overnight somehow. The tartness went away, but so did most of the flavor...what was left is something with muted flavor that left an aftertaste reminiscent of Vick’s 44
Back to the drawing board!

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Ok, my cherry jolly rancher mutated into something horrible overnight somehow. The tartness went away, but so did most of the flavor...what was left is something with muted flavor that left an aftertaste reminiscent of Vick’s 44
Back to the drawing board!

Yep, happens a lot with cherry actually, also if you use cherry blossom you get soap after a few months, it turns into a time bomb.

VU Sponsors