“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I’m going to be picking out stuff from DIY Flavor Shack for a word game win from a while back. Can anyone suggest something easy for me, please. I’m not familiar with flavors or brands. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Lotta Latte, Cafe Napoleon, Gooey Butter Cake, Holy Po Po, Holy Vanilla, Holy Grail RY4, Mr. Good Stuff are all good ones.

Now....they just went through a huge reformulation thing. I have V1 of all of these things. I don’t know about the V2. Well, I do know about one....Holy RY4 V2 is thinner than the OG. Not as good, IMO. And I’ve heard if you wanna go Holy Vanilla, go for Holy Resurrection....it’s supposed to be better than the V2.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Lotta Latte, Cafe Napoleon, Gooey Butter Cake, Holy Po Po, Holy Vanilla, Holy Grail RY4, Mr. Good Stuff are all good ones.

Now....they just went through a huge reformulation thing. I have V1 of all of these things. I don’t know about the V2. Well, I do know about one....Holy RY4 V2 is thinner than the OG. Not as good, IMO. And I’ve heard if you wanna go Holy Vanilla, go for Holy Resurrection....it’s supposed to be better than the V2.

Do you have any idea if things are ok with @88ArDeN88 ?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Peppermint Bark.jpg

@Rhianne since you are getting ready to start this, a good thing to do, even before you have supplies, is to register and then take a look at "Create a Recipe" on website e-liquid-recipes.com

You enter various values, like the nicotine level you want, the base that your nicotine is in, the PG/VG ratio you want the end mix to be, and then enter each of your flavors. At the end of all that, save the recipe and see that it will give you exact parameters of how to mix the juice. You can use ml, gm, or drops as units of measure.

Click the drop-down menu where it says "User" and you can choose drops or grams. You can also enter all the info about the cost of your bases and nicotine.

Up top is what a finished recipe looks like.

I would highly recommend that you get yourself a scale, and either start saving bottles to reuse, or order some bottles to mix into. If you use a scale, then select grams as your unit of measure on ELR.

If money is a concern, as it was with me, here's the scale I use, $10.99 on Amazon, free shipping with Prime:

And I just got a slew of bottles for $0.19 each here:

https://www.ivapesupply.com/ivapesupply/30ml-unicorn-plastic-bottle-with-wide-open-top.html

If you use a scale and these bottles (which are wide-mouth and very easy to mix into) you will not need any pipettes, cylinders, beakers, droppers, etc. Everything can be dripped right into the bottle.

This is not rocket science. It's just a matter of figuring out how to enter the recipes, get everything set up right, and then you just follow the recipe like you would if you were cooking.

Oh, and I just got a helluva deal on 500ml each of PG and VG with free Prime shipping here:

I believe that same company also has a package of two 500ml bottles of VG, so you'd get a liter shipped for $12.95 if you have Prime:

https://www.amazon.com/Vegetable-Glycerin-Grade-Kosher-2-Pack/dp/B074CNYG1J?ref_=ast_sto_dp

And two last things - this is the best deal I've found anywhere for nicotine that has favorable feedback:

https://liquidnicotinewholesalers.com/100mg-nicotine-liquid.html

I got the 250ml of 100mg/ml for $14.99, and shipping was about 5 bucks, then use coupon code ELRECIPES for 15% off.

Bull City Flavors carries almost all of the flavor lines we use most often, and you won't find better prices than theirs. Use code VU6 for 6% off all the time.

Total that up, let's see:

Scale $11
VG $13
Bottles $10
Flavors from BCF $15 (this is about 10 small bottles of flavors plus $3-4 for shipping)
Nicotine $18

Looks like $67 to me, enough supplies to mix over a liter of liquid, with 2/3 of the nicotine and a good portion of the flavors left over.

Last edited:

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

I ended up adding .25 percent of vanilla swirl to the holy holy grail ry4 V2 and it's better.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have this scale and love it. Just so you have some options. I always use mine plugged in though as using batteries seem to make it a bit flaky. I also have to shut my ceiling fan off as the slightest movement will cause it to jump. Also if you add a drop or to and it fails to register you can blow on it for a second and it will then register it :) All these little tricks I learned from hanging out here. I will say I used to measure by drops and while it did work okay most times, all bottles are a little different. Getting that scale was the best thing I ever did for my mixing.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have this scale and love it. Just so you have some options. I always use mine plugged in though as using batteries seem to make it a bit flaky. I also have to shut my ceiling fan off as the slightest movement will cause it to jump. Also if you add a drop or to and it fails to register you can blow on it for a second and it will then register it :) All these little tricks I learned from hanging out here. I will say I used to measure by drops and while it did work okay most times, all bottles are a little different. Getting that scale was the best thing I ever did for my mixing.

I think I never got the drops per ml count right, because once I started using a scale, I was able to taste my mixes a lot more. I think I was using a lot less flavoring than I thought I was.

Completely agree - a scale is excellent to have.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
View attachment 145853

@Rhianne since you are getting ready to start this, a good thing to do, even before you have supplies, is to register and then take a look at "Create a Recipe" on website e-liquid-recipes.com

You enter various values, like the nicotine level you want, the base that your nicotine is in, the PG/VG ratio you want the end mix to be, and then enter each of your flavors. At the end of all that, save the recipe and see that it will give you exact parameters of how to mix the juice. You can use ml, gm, or drops as units of measure.

Click the drop-down menu where it says "User" and you can choose drops or grams. You can also enter all the info about the cost of your bases and nicotine.

Up top is what a finished recipe looks like.

I would highly recommend that you get yourself a scale, and either start saving bottles to reuse, or order some bottles to mix into. If you use a scale, then select grams as your unit of measure on ELR.

If money is a concern, as it was with me, here's the scale I use, $10.99 on Amazon, free shipping with Prime:

And I just got a slew of bottles for $0.19 each here:

https://www.ivapesupply.com/ivapesupply/30ml-unicorn-plastic-bottle-with-wide-open-top.html

If you use a scale and these bottles (which are wide-mouth and very easy to mix into) you will not need any pipettes, cylinders, beakers, droppers, etc. Everything can be dripped right into the bottle.

This is not rocket science. It's just a matter of figuring out how to enter the recipes, get everything set up right, and then you just follow the recipe like you would if you were cooking.

Oh, and I just got a helluva deal on 500ml each of PG and VG with free Prime shipping here:

I believe that same company also has a package of two 500ml bottles of VG, so you'd get a liter shipped for $12.95 if you have Prime:

https://www.amazon.com/Vegetable-Glycerin-Grade-Kosher-2-Pack/dp/B074CNYG1J?ref_=ast_sto_dp

And two last things - this is the best deal I've found anywhere for nicotine that has favorable feedback:

https://liquidnicotinewholesalers.com/100mg-nicotine-liquid.html

I got the 250ml of 100mg/ml for $14.99, and shipping was about 5 bucks, then use coupon code ELRECIPES for 15% off.

Bull City Flavors carries almost all of the flavor lines we use most often, and you won't find better prices than theirs. Use code VU6 for 6% off all the time.

Total that up, let's see:

Scale $11
VG $13
Bottles $10
Flavors from BCF $15 (this is about 10 small bottles of flavors plus $3-4 for shipping)
Nicotine $18

Looks like $67 to me, enough supplies to mix over a liter of liquid, with 2/3 of the nicotine and a good portion of the flavors left over.

Thanks for all of this. You are the best, N. Really appreciate it!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
FB is exploding right now.....Trump just did a press conference. All non tobacco flavored juice off the market within 2 months.

It’s happening.......

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
FB is exploding right now.....Trump just did a press conference. All non tobacco flavored juice off the market within 2 months.

It’s happening.......

I don't understand how it's even legal for him to do that. Is this one of his damn Executive Orders or something? Has he declared a State of Emergency?

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I don't understand how it's even legal for him to do that. Is this one of his damn Executive Orders or something? Has he declared a State of Emergency?
I don’t either. Expect lawsuits. But it’s been coming for a while. Not a lot of time to prepare, though, if it all comes to plan.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Quote from the article in your link. We have Juul to thank for a LOT of this mess.

"Scott Gottlieb, who stepped down as FDA commissioner in April, said in a tweet that Juul bore particular responsibility for forcing the administration’s action.

“Unfortunately the entire category of e-cigs was put at risk largely as a result of the youth abuse of mostly one manufacturer’s products,” Gottlieb said."

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
You've contributed a lot to the forum since you've been here, Rhianne. We want to see you succeed, and one of these days, I'm sure you'll pay it forward.

Thanks! :hug: I will, if I can. Especially now with all of this craziness, it’s really important to give back (or forward.)

I was looking at One Shots since I watched a vid of someone mixing Rose Milk, with a scale, so it made me realize it wasn’t as hard as I’d expected!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Quote from the article in your link. We have Juul to thank for a LOT of this mess.

"Scott Gottlieb, who stepped down as FDA commissioner in April, said in a tweet that Juul bore particular responsibility for forcing the administration’s action.

“Unfortunately the entire category of e-cigs was put at risk largely as a result of the youth abuse of mostly one manufacturer’s products,” Gottlieb said."

Gottlieb is actually saying something pro non-Juul vaping. I’m surprised. Sheesh, does this mean that I should buy juice now?

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
am bringing an empty bottle to go with my doggy bag

We’ll have to bring a lot of bottles! I like some tobacco flavors, but honestly not 24/7/365 !!
It’s funny since I really do like to bake. But I haven’t been doing it lately, prolly since I can vape instead of eating sweets. This is a real bummer!!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I think I never got the drops per ml count right, because once I started using a scale, I was able to taste my mixes a lot more. I think I was using a lot less flavoring than I thought I was.

Completely agree - a scale is excellent to have.

take an empty bottle.. count your drops till you get to a ml..
Each company might be different.

With flavorah I get 50 drops every time from any of their bottles.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Where do you buy your nicotine from? I haven't bought (I did buy the smallest amount of nic salts at NicRiver) nicotine in ages. I did get some freebies from RTS when they were on this forum.
Liquid Barn. Fast shipping. A little pricey, but from what I’ve heard, they use Chemnovatic. Nic is good and smooth.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Liquid Barn. Fast shipping. A little pricey, but from what I’ve heard, they use Chemnovatic. Nic is good and smooth.

I’m going to buy more, so I’ll get theirs. I thought $35 was a lot, but the order had gone through. @Rossum said they did a blind taste test at ECF and they like that one the best, though.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
He fucking doesn't know what the fuck he is talking about. Fucking asshole!!! Yes I'm pissed.

There is a call to action on casaa.org! Do it! It's an easy way to send a message to your Congress Critters and President Trump! Just click on my casaa banner below.
Already did it!

I’m pissed, too!!!!!

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Wait, are they going after liquid nicotine also?

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I think its just premade juice/pods that is manufactured. I'm sure they might tag nicotine in the future. Who knows? I'm only in a slight panic mode because one never knows. It's still too hot to have a liter of nic shipped. I'm really trying to hold out for cooler weather.

I took a chance because NY is going crazy and people are being told it’s better to smoke. (?!) I don’t even have room in the freezer for it, but I know I’ll feel better just having it.
Where are you getting it? I looked at LB and they have tons of stuff. I’m thinking of a 10 flavor sampler and some one shots. And some nic. Expensive, but I’ve been thinking about mixing, so now seems like a good time. Even if everything went back to “normal”, I’d want to mix my own.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I took a chance because NY is going crazy and people are being told it’s better to smoke. (?!) I don’t even have room in the freezer for it, but I know I’ll feel better just having it.
Where are you getting it? I looked at LB and they have tons of stuff. I’m thinking of a 10 flavor sampler and some one shots. And some nic. Expensive, but I’ve been thinking about mixing, so now seems like a good time. Even if everything went back to “normal”, I’d want to mix my own.

Liquid Barn has very good nic imo and their price is good, they ship fast and pack well. They have a good price on VG also. I can't say I care for their flavorings much other than the Watermalone. Best watermelon I have tried so far. Everyone's tastes are different though. I like the Watermalone even better than the Molinberry Big Watermelon. That one comes in second for me.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Liquid Barn has very good nic imo and their price is good, they ship fast and pack well. They have a good price on VG also. I can't say I care for their flavorings much other than the Watermalone. Best watermelon I have tried so far. Everyone's tastes are different though. I like the Watermalone even better than the Molinberry Big Watermelon. That one comes in second for me.

Then maybe I won’t get flavors there, just nic. Do you know a place where I can get decent flavors? I’m not sure about watermelon since I’ve never had it as juice. Thanks!

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Where do you buy your nicotine from? I haven't bought (I did buy the smallest amount of nic salts at NicRiver) nicotine in ages. I did get some freebies from RTS when they were on this forum.
I bought mine from Vaperstek.org

They have throat hit nicotine (it’s less expensive) I don’t feel a throat hit.

And a more expensive option that’s suppose to be smoother.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Then maybe I won’t get flavors there, just nic. Do you know a place where I can get decent flavors? I’m not sure about watermelon since I’ve never had it as juice. Thanks!

Bullcityflavors.com - VU6 for 6% off. @wllmc and @Roundhouse are here. Sign up for their newsletter too they have sales every major holiday.

BCF has the most flavor manufacturers.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

Thanks, Gypsy. I’m so glad that I checked out this thread.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Bullcityflavors.com - VU6 for 6% off. @wllmc and @Roundhouse are here. Sign up for their newsletter too they have sales every major holiday.

BCF has the most flavor manufacturers.

Thanks, I see a lot of people here recommending them. I was thinking about all these bans last night and it seems to me that the DIY vapers seem to be a niche group, compared to the tons of people who buy pre made juice. Maybe they won’t be so interested in us. I’m looking for the bright side, if there is one!!

VU Sponsors