Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

Fuji and liquid amber would do the trick. But if I had a choice, I’d use Pur Country Apple. Cooked apple filling without the cinnamon.

@nadalama has a good idea with the shortbread. FA cookie could also work. I’d personally go with OOO pie crust.

and she’s right about the brown sugar. Good addition!

I actually ordered all of those flavors! I perused a bunch of recipes at ATF and ELR and FA Cookie, Pie Crust OOO seemed to be in a lot of recipes I am interested in. Then in a group on FB they mentioned PUR Country Apple. The Liquid Amber too. I can't wait till my order arrives. Do you have a recommendation on percentages if I did a mix with the Country Apple? Also, should I use Pie Crust and Cookie combined, or just one of them? In regards to percentages I know everyone's taste is different, but a starting point would steer me in the right direction. Thanks in advance!

Rebecca

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I actually ordered all of those flavors! I perused a bunch of recipes at ATF and ELR and FA Cookie, Pie Crust OOO seemed to be in a lot of recipes I am interested in. Then in a group on FB they mentioned PUR Country Apple. The Liquid Amber too. I can't wait till my order arrives. Do you have a recommendation on percentages if I did a mix with the Country Apple? Also, should I use Pie Crust and Cookie combined, or just one of them? In regards to percentages I know everyone's taste is different, but a starting point would steer me in the right direction. Thanks in advance!

Rebecca
The country apple can be used by itself. No liquid amber needed. I’d say start around 2% and see where that takes you.

Pie crust I’d say start around 1-2%. If you wanted to crunch it up a little, add the cookie around 0.5% or so.

I’m going off a very tired memory, so I could be wrong…….

The country apple can be used by itself. No liquid amber needed. I’d say start around 2% and see where that takes you.

Pie crust I’d say start around 1-2%. If you wanted to crunch it up a little, add the cookie around 0.5% or so.

I’m going off a very tired memory, so I could be wrong…….

Thanks, added to my notes! I appreciate the tips on starting points!

Rebecca

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So sometimes you fail. My boysenberry pie was not good (same recipe as my peach pie that was great) I haven't use PUR boysenberry preserves in a very long time (don't know if my memory is fooling me or if it actually went bad) It's 2 years old and my room does get very hot in the summer (90 deg F) I remember liking it but since then have better berry flavors so down the drain it goes.

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
WF Strawberry Gummy Candy is not realistic, but many who are strawberry blind can taste it.
I can confirm, yep I can taste that one. Matter of fact it was you that told me about that one, so thank you :) Another one I found that I like is the VT Glazed Strawberries.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I had a similar experience with PUR strawberry swirl (it's a lifesavers candy flavor) So it seems "candy" strawberry flavors might work for those that have trouble tasting strawberry. It's funny... at first, I had this attitude that all fruit flavors had to be as realistic as possible so totally ignored any that were "candy" Now I've realized I like a combination of realistic and candy.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I can confirm, yep I can taste that one. Matter of fact it was you that told me about that one, so thank you :) Another one I found that I like is the VT Glazed Strawberries.
And you can thank Developed for turning me on to that. Max Savage is strawberry blind and he can taste it!

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yep... Max likes his WF Strawberry Gummy Candy. I guess I will have to try it.
Mixing more of my apple and peach pies. I really need some larger containers for unflavored base. I keep doing SFTs and small batch tester recipes, then don't have enough left to mix more than 10 ml batches of my favorites. I have really settled in on a few and will mix 50 ml of each of them next time.
Also mixing raspberry layer cake and lemon meringue cookie (yes... just 10 ml each) Oh, and just because of my childhood memories... 50/50 bar (ice cream and sweet tangerine) The ice cream was already mixed and steeped (was going to be for my boysenberry pie that was a fail so might as well use it for something)
I can't order more bottles but have lots of 30 and 60 ml bottles (old pre-made juices... bottles washed and dried) Hey... I just remembered I have an empty 170 ml bottle (some VG I got from the drug store while waiting for an order) That will do fine for more unflavored base (wish I had thought of all this a week ago)
So after all this mixing, there is only one thing left to do...

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Totally forgot to make some ice cream for my pies (a' la mode) I also have some custard made so decided to see which is better with the pies.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wow this thread is too quiet (hope everyone isn't tired of my posts) Added ice cream to my peach pie... nice but I liked the pie better without it. I'll do the same with my apple pie but suspect the same results. That's OK, I have other plans for ice cream. Going to add some WF boysenberry raspberry to the FA custard premium (so far it was the best of the fruits I tried with it) and... have a little bit of custard/caramel/hazelnut left (just for kicks adding a few drops of cinnamon) Who know... it might end up being "a thing"... or I'll realize I have totally lost my mind LOL Actually, I'm in crazy try anything mode... maybe licorice ice cream.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Wow this thread is too quiet (hope everyone isn't tired of my posts) Added ice cream to my peach pie... nice but I liked the pie better without it. I'll do the same with my apple pie but suspect the same results. That's OK, I have other plans for ice cream. Going to add some WF boysenberry raspberry to the FA custard premium (so far it was the best of the fruits I tried with it) and... have a little bit of custard/caramel/hazelnut left (just for kicks adding a few drops of cinnamon) Who know... it might end up being "a thing"... or I'll realize I have totally lost my mind LOL Actually, I'm in crazy try anything mode... maybe licorice ice cream.
No one is sick of your posts. I’m crazy busy, starting a new job. Definitely don’t have as much time as I used to. But I have ideas…..

Licorice ice cream is great! Fresh03 did a recipe a little while back and I remember it not being particularly complicated. I’m guessing you could do the same….easy peasy two or three flavor banger!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I wish more every day that I hadn't bought all this pre-made juice, because it's taking me forever to get through it, and I miss my own mixes.

No, @VapeOn1960, we aren't tired of your posts. I'm over the moon to see some activity here. I'd be all for licorice ice cream, too, I do believe. @wildgypsy70 sent me a one-shot of a licorice mix, and I will mix some of it one day soon, maybe this weekend.

One of my favorite mixes is Clove Bubblegum - love spice flavors like that - and that's one of the ones that I've run out of and I miss it.

Please do keep posting. Your custard/caramel/hazelnut/cinnamon sounds right up my street. I have a cinnamon cereal and milk recipe that I've wanted to remix for months, but once again, I am trying to get through all this Kilo and the other pre-made stuff I bought. It was so inexpensive I couldn't resist, else I'd never have ordered it.

And I do not understand the fascination with Dinner Lady Lemon Tart. Just for the record. I did finally buy a 60ml of it, and omg, I don't know how long it's going to take me to get through it. I put off vaping it because all I taste is FA Cookie. Everybody's different, and that's for sure. :)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
One of my favorite mixes is Clove Bubblegum - love spice flavors like that - and that's one of the ones that I've run out of and I miss it.
I gave away my chai tea and pumpkin spice (should have gave them more of a chance) now with it being fall, I would have had fun playing with those. It was TFA chai and mostly clove (with real life chai I like the other spices too (more balanced) and I never had a black tea to add it to (and cream would have been great) I got the pumpkin spice for a tobacco recipe I found but didn't like that... once again, now I have lots of ideas that might have worked. Maybe I'll order a better chai and a pumpkin spice (anyone have specific suggestions for those?)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
And I do not understand the fascination with Dinner Lady Lemon Tart. Just for the record. I did finally buy a 60ml of it, and omg, I don't know how long it's going to take me to get through it. I put off vaping it because all I taste is FA Cookie. Everybody's different, and that's for sure.
Oh yes... too much cookie ruins everything! Did that with a batch of my peanut butter pudding with vanilla wafer and now dumping it down the drain (that's OK, just made a fresh batch and got it right this time)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So it seems I just used too much ice cream with my pies (it was mixed separately and I made it too strong) A little seems to be all that is needed. Going to try the cinnamon thing after I vape some unflavored through my tank (to flush the last flavor from the "drop-in" coil)

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
For those who can't see the pics... 15% off at BCF Oct 28-31 use the code SPOOKYTHINGS Thanks @Roundhouse and @wllmc!

mail

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I gave away my chai tea and pumpkin spice (should have gave them more of a chance) now with it being fall, I would have had fun playing with those. It was TFA chai and mostly clove (with real life chai I like the other spices too (more balanced) and I never had a black tea to add it to (and cream would have been great) I got the pumpkin spice for a tobacco recipe I found but didn't like that... once again, now I have lots of ideas that might have worked. Maybe I'll order a better chai and a pumpkin spice (anyone have specific suggestions for those?)
FLV Chai is amazing!

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Your custard/caramel/hazelnut/cinnamon sounds right up my street.
Just tried it... we have a winner! I would have never came up with that idea (it just evolved) Too bad I already had the custard mixed and just guessed and used drops to mix a super small batch. Now I'll have to attempt writing an actual recipe.
WG, made a note on the FLV Chai... thanks. I have been told FA black tea is good (and FA milk)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I added one more drop of cinnamon. I really didn't notice any more cinn flavor but it backfired... seemed to just dull the other flavors. I'm learning (fine tuning a recipe is tricky)

The bakery-type cinnamon flavors I've used take about six days to steep. After six days, they taste very different. Maybe you should let it sit for a bit.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I wanted to make up some sort of blueberry yogurt type vape last night but of course I have to go digging through packed boxes to find what blueberries I have. Sheesh, this shit's getting old. But, I found some. Only took about 15 min. It's ALWAYS in the last box you look in right?

Most of my flavors I have in these. They work pretty well, just a pain to have to constantly go through them to find stuff. I thought about pulling everything out and sorting them alphabetically but I'm too lazy to do all that crap. :)

Anyone working on any fall type mixes?

IMG_20211028_104833730.jpg

IMG_20211028_104848466.jpg

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I wanted to make up some sort of blueberry yogurt type vape last night but of course I have to go digging through packed boxes to find what blueberries I have. Sheesh, this shit's getting old. But, I found some. Only took about 15 min. It's ALWAYS in the last box you look in right?

Most of my flavors I have in these. They work pretty well, just a pain to have to constantly go through them to find stuff. I thought about pulling everything out and sorting them alphabetically but I'm too lazy to do all that crap. :)

Anyone working on any fall type mixes?

View attachment 187373

View attachment 187374
I’m thinking about something apple related. Maybe a cake type thing with custard? Or maybe just mix up HACFD. And gonna try some sort of chai….with coconut.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I’m thinking about something apple related. Maybe a cake type thing with custard? Or maybe just mix up HACFD. And gonna try some sort of chai….with coconut.
Mmh the apple type cake sounds perfect for this time of year.

I wonder what apple with some pumpkin spice might taste like. Never tried mixing those two together. Maybe I will go digging (lol)

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, without having to dig too much I grabbed these and mixed them up real quick. Not bad.

FE Double Apple 3% (might be a touch high ) Will see if I want to drop that to 2% after it sits a few days.
JF Yellow Cake 1%
FA Cinnamon Ceylon 0.5%
VT Warm Custard 2%
VT Butter Toffee Base 0.5%

If I feel up to later, it I will see if I can find some sort of spicey note to add to it at a low percent.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Well, without having to dig too much I grabbed these and mixed them up real quick. Not bad.

FE Double Apple 3% (might be a touch high ) Will see if I want to drop that to 2% after it sits a few days.
JF Yellow Cake 1%
FA Cinnamon Ceylon 0.5%
VT Warm Custard 2%

If I feel up to later, it I will see if I can find some sort of spicey note to add to it at a low percent.

TFA Holiday Spice at a very low percentage? Like 0.25%?

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
TFA Holiday Spice at a very low percentage? Like 0.25%?
Yep, I think that's a great suggestion! :blowkiss: I have that too, so let me go start looking for it. :)

Found it, one drop to the 10ml tester and that's the ticket right there. Yum. Thanks @nadalama

Last edited:

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

JF Yellow Cake 1%
FA Cinnamon Ceylon 0.5%
VT Warm Custard 2%

Oh yum! I might mix this up, with a sub for the FE Double Apple. Maybe add some Caps Cinnamon Sugar……

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Mmh the apple type cake sounds perfect for this time of year.

I wonder what apple with some pumpkin spice might taste like. Never tried mixing those two together. Maybe I will go digging (lol)
I bet it would taste wonderfully!

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Been busy today. Added some WF boysenberry raspberry to the last of my custard (tried that before and liked it) Fine tuned a few mixes... a few drops of this, a few drops of that. Mixed more custard, cheesecake (so it can get a long steep) and Wayne's (strawberry) Quik (with PUR strawberry swirl because I'm a bit "strawberry blind") Needed to use up the last of my unflavored bases (12 mg and 6 mg) so all that's left to do is mix up more bases (10 mg and 5 mg... easier to do the math even though I use an online calculator) I found an old bottle of Nic River 48 mg nic in PG... it's still good and just stored in the fridge. It was only about 40 ml but every bit helps. Oh... and added some licorice drops to a bit of my tobacco mix for a small pod.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Looks like I have a lot of reading to do now, and a lot to learn about mxing. My online stores have all stopped shipping to our zip!
Yikes! That sucks…..

Besides here, I would suggest heading over to YouTube and finding some mixing videos. Wayne Walker(DIYorDie) has a ton of info about mixing. Lots of beginner mixing videos. Developed also has some beginners videos. If you want to learn about flavoring, Noted is what you want to watch. Yes, it’s a lot to take in, but once you get the hang of it, you’ll love it.

thor363

Member For 3 Years
@thor363 , it sucks but the good news is after you learn to do DIY, it gets really fun (it's like cooking) It might seem intimidating and complicated at first but we are here to help you. I suggest you get some nicotine ASAP.
I have about 1 gallon of 3% base 80/20 from LB. Hope this works ok as a base. Going to start getting educated it seems. I can vape almost anything, but my lovely bride's favorite is Junkys Stash a Chill Day, and like to mix that half and half between the standard and the menthol. Thanks yall, eh! (Canuck transplant in TN) CORRECTION I have 70/30 :D

Last edited:

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
As long as you both vape 3 mg juices then mixing will be super easy. Sure, the flavors will dilute it a bit but not enough to make much difference. I'm curious (going to look up that juice... I love the challenge of making "clone" juices)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Junkys Stash a Chill Day
Sweet peach tea... got it. This should be simple to make. Does it have any "cooling" effect or menthol? That's easy to add also but it would help if you (or her) can describe it. FA (flavour art) black tea is recommended by many people so start with that. Let me work on which peaches to use (FA also has good ones) If you also want cooling, something called "koolada" is popular (I haven't tried that or menthol but I guess I should) From what I read, this juice is really sweet so either add CAP (capella) super sweet or even better FLV (flavorah) sweetness (I'm not into extra sweet juices but this would be my choice) Others might have input on peach flavors (going to check into that now) I make peach pie recipe but that's a different profile.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So I watched the Noted episode on peaches and... watched all the ones on teas. It's late, my head is spinning and I need to let this all soak in. One thing that surprised me was they both mentioned Delosi Labs iced tea being good. Also Delosi peach was suggested for a peach tea but I think you can do better on the peach. Maybe INW (Inawera) and FA (flavour art) white peach together. TFA peach juicy is OK if not mixed too strong. I hope I'm not throwing too much at you but like I said, I like a good clone challenge.
Myself... going to make a chai tea juice (I just love peach pie a' la mode so much not into doing other peach recipes except maybe peach/mango/apricot with cream)

thor363

Member For 3 Years
Sweet peach tea... got it. This should be simple to make. Does it have any "cooling" effect or menthol? That's easy to add also but it would help if you (or her) can describe it. FA (flavour art) black tea is recommended by many people so start with that. Let me work on which peaches to use (FA also has good ones) If you also want cooling, something called "koolada" is popular (I haven't tried that or menthol but I guess I should) From what I read, this juice is really sweet so either add CAP (capella) super sweet or even better FLV (flavorah) sweetness (I'm not into extra sweet juices but this would be my choice) Others might have input on peach flavors (going to check into that now) I make peach pie recipe but that's a different profile.
She mixes half iced and half standard, though their iced version really isn't very iced. Shes not a sweetness fan so maybe both of our taste buds are dulled (I know I need to get more water, but I vape like a freight train all day and it's hard to drink that much water!). Funny that the recipe is noted to be sweet because when I vape it I always want it to be sweeter. The iced version doesn't seem to have that brain freezing iced feel of many of the iced versions of other juices. You could vape the iced straight up and it would be mild by comparison to most iced versions of juices. Thank you for noting the brands with their acronyms, it will help me for sure. So much to learn and will be trying to start out as simple as possible. I ordered a boatload of flavors from Bull City, and was also looking at Chefs stuff, so will probably order a bunch from him also. We have a spare fridge downstairs so I have a large storage area for anything that needs it longer term if it won't harm the flavors or nicotine/vg/pg. From my experience the tea flavor isn't strong at all in the Junkys and I get more of the peach than I do of the tea. It's not a heavy or complicated flavor (though mixing it might be). I think after giving it some thought there might be an apricot in there also, but I'm not great at identifying flavors if I'm honest!

She also has a favorite Mango/guava one she likes (and I do to). It's Ice Monster Mangerine Guava. I like more of a dessert flavor and like all of my juices sweeter than she does, but Peach/Apricot/Mango might be awesome as a dessert vape.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Good recipe but I would add more cake (I have that and like it but it's not very strong)
I like the JF too, I kept it at 1 as I don't want it getting dry, which the JF yellow seems to do for me. Low percentage of Cactus would most likely solve that though. I might try bumping the YC up a bit, thanks!

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vaping licorice ice cream (just did a quicky... a few drops in a tank of IC) Not bad.
I have officially decided my apple and peach pie recipes are where I want them so next time mixing larger batches (kinda bummed... vaping the last of the apple pie tonight and then I'll be out of both)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@thor363 , sounds like you have your game on. I love BCF (also they now have PUR... purilum has a few good ones) Do you have a scale? For a long time, I mixed without having one but now that I do mixing is so much easier. I'm a low budget mixer but glad I paid a little more for mine because it has a power adapter (AWS 501)

VU Sponsors