Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sometimes "less is more" (I keep finding myself diluting mixes) That's why I keep unflavored base handy... you might be surprised it tastes better with less flavor %

thor363

Member For 3 Years
Sometimes "less is more" (I keep finding myself diluting mixes) That's why I keep unflavored base handy... you might be surprised it tastes better with less flavor %
Good tip, and echoed everywhere so I finally took that plunge. Took that hint this time, and stuck to a simple recipe. I'll know more in a couple of days, but if I'm right my wife will have one she really enjoys. Now to find a very simple black licorice jelly bean kind of recipe for ME! I'll be going back to dilute my Mocha Coffee tomorrow...a lot!

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Good tip, and echoed everywhere so I finally took that plunge. Took that hint this time, and stuck to a simple recipe. I'll know more in a couple of days, but if I'm right my wife will have one she really enjoys. Now to find a very simple black licorice jelly bean kind of recipe for ME! I'll be going back to dilute my Mocha Coffee tomorrow...a lot!
One thing I'm learning....all the flavors have vastly different strengths. Capella Double Apple is at least 3 times stronger than other apples I have. Very impressive stuff.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
One thing I'm learning....all the flavors have vastly different strengths. Capella Double Apple is at least 3 times stronger than other apples I have. Very impressive stuff.
Bingo! That is so important to keep in mind (especially when substituting other flavors/brand in a recipe)
Honestly (and most people don't bother doing this) I do a SFT (single flavor test) 10 ml of every new flavor i get.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Lemon Twist clone is damned good only 24 hours later. Simplest recipe too. Wifey loves it, now on to the black jelly beans!
If you didn't already have Anise (which is what modern black licorice is mostly) I would simply say get (FW) black licorice... straight up black jelly beans (nothing else needed) Old fashioned licorice (that I also love) is made with molasses (and some flavors have that profile)
So what is in Lemon Twist clone? (BTW... glad wifey is getting on board too)

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Bingo! That is so important to keep in mind (especially when substituting other flavors/brand in a recipe)
Honestly (and most people don't bother doing this) I do a SFT (single flavor test) 10 ml of every new flavor i get.
I would have done just that, but I don't have RDA's yet. It's kind of hard to become a chef without some good RDAs, lol. Next cash is going toward more nic before the hammer comes down....so we'll see about the testing like that another time. And holy hell....I need about a thousand little bottles! LOL, that is one area I didn't factor in properly.

I think I have more flavor bottles than I have juice bottles, lmao.

thor363

Member For 3 Years
If you didn't already have Anise (which is what modern black licorice is mostly) I would simply say get (FW) black licorice... straight up black jelly beans (nothing else needed) Old fashioned licorice (that I also love) is made with molasses (and some flavors have that profile)
So what is in Lemon Twist clone? (BTW... glad wifey is getting on board too)
I've got both Anise and Black Licorice. So straight up Black Licorice? I'll have to go find the starting %. Thanks!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Anyone got a line on some top shelf premix nicotine base? Not looking for pure nic. Thanks.

I've used liquidnicotinewholesalers.com premixed 6mg base for a good while and I really like it. However, when I was buying it, it was available in liters and now they only sell it in gallons. It's about $75 for a gallon of 70/30 vg/pg, and probably another $10-$15 (or more) for shipping.

It used to be that the code ELRECIPES would get you 15% off, but I don't know if that works any more.

What I decided to do, since I vape 6mg, was to buy Delosi 24mg in vg in a 250ml bottle (which is 1/4 of a liter, right?). I'll pour the 24mg into an empty liter bottle, then refill the Delosi bottle with PG and dump that into the liter, then fill the rest of the liter with VG. Works out a whole lot cheaper that way than to buy it premixed. But that only works if you're vapng 6 mg.

I suppose if you wanted to mix 3mg, you could buy 250ml of 12mg and then do the same thing with the addition of plain PG and VG. Works out to be about 75/25 for the liter. Since most flavors are in PG, starting off with 75/25 gets me close enough to where I want to be in my final mix.

thor363

Member For 3 Years
I've used liquidnicotinewholesalers.com premixed 6mg base for a good while and I really like it. However, when I was buying it, it was available in liters and now they only sell it in gallons. It's about $75 for a gallon of 70/30 vg/pg, and probably another $10-$15 (or more) for shipping.

It used to be that the code ELRECIPES would get you 15% off, but I don't know if that works any more.

What I decided to do, since I vape 6mg, was to buy Delosi 24mg in vg in a 250ml bottle (which is 1/4 of a liter, right?). I'll pour the 24mg into an empty liter bottle, then refill the Delosi bottle with PG and dump that into the liter, then fill the rest of the liter with VG. Works out a whole lot cheaper that way than to buy it premixed. But that only works if you're vapng 6 mg.

I suppose if you wanted to mix 3mg, you could buy 250ml of 12mg and then do the same thing with the addition of plain PG and VG. Works out to be about 75/25 for the liter. Since most flavors are in PG, starting off with 75/25 gets me close enough to where I want to be in my final mix.
They've changed it so that you can only buy pre-mixed in qty of 5: The minimum quantity allowed for purchase is 5. Total before shipping is $374.95. WOW. Vapepocalpyse indeed! ...and now they only ship to business accounts!

Last edited:

thor363

Member For 3 Years
Most of my bottles for base are 500ml. I'm going to have to develop a tolerance for simple math I see :D

I usually have computers make my mistakes at light speed! I see they sell 50/50 base also, and thought "is that even possible to vape that?" ...but I'll work this formula out...I promise!

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've got both Anise and Black Licorice. So straight up Black Licorice? I'll have to go find the starting %. Thanks!
If you mean (FW) Flavor West black licorice, then 2 % is plenty. It's sort of sweet (just right for me) but you might need to add a bit of sweetener for your tastes. Haven't tried other brand so don't know % for those.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think this was it (Delosi Labs) but they only have options: PG, VG or 50/50. I'm sure there was another source that had many VG/PG ratios and nic strengths but can't find the link (might be on my other browser... will try again)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I found it (but misunderstood) They have many options on size, nic strength and VG/PG ratio but you have to choose a flavor. Maybe I'm just having a "senior moment" but I was very excited by a link posted by a friend... seem to have lost the link. I will e-mail him (we are good friends)

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
mail

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I did some mixing today!
60 ml of @wildgypsy70's Crack Pie
6x30ml of some from Rocky Toony on ELR I have not tried before:
Mint Candies
The Land of Milk and Honey
Southern Milk and Honey
Alpine Milk
Strawberry Shortcake MS
Lovage in the Afternoon
I like strawberry cake.
Been vaping a simple, theme developing with all mine = simple, Strawberry Cake.
Nice too.
Did I say it was simple!?
FA Labyrinth 4%
Real Flavours Ripe Strawberry 1%
I use 1 drop of Super Sweet per 10ml
Its a nice strawberry this one.
This one I let steep since the 7/10/21
Hand taste back then was neither here nor there. Few weeks later was better. Now is nice.
Maybe why some reviews I read about Labyrinth were negative, but most were only tasting after a week or two. It needs a steep.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi there! Long time, indeed! Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. Don't be such a stranger, ok?
I will try. I did have a great thanksgiving. Hope you did as well. I went off to Canada for 8 days then came back, worked for 2.5 days, and had another 4 days off. Back to work now. Life is keeping me busy, but I am still doing my best to keep mixing. Haven't done too much creation lately, but I have some time this week. Here is one I made when I came back from vacation inspired by some blue vanilla cookie ice cream I had up there.

1638204407808.png

Just started vaping it yesterday and it's pretty good.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
How is everyone? Been a little while now. BullCity is carrying custard premium and FA butter??!?!!??! What a world to live in!
Yes... it's great. Someone have me a small bottle of FA custard premium (thanks again WG) and I love it.
That blueberry vanilla cookie sounds great (a bit sweet for me) Many people use a "blueberry trinity" (I'll post it in a minute) and suggest a small bit of lemon brightens it up.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Found it:
The "Blueberry Trinity":
(FW) Blueberry 3-4%
(TFA) Blueberry extra 2-3%
(FA) Bilberry 0.5-1% (or replace this with (JF) Blueberry 1%)
also add a bit of Lemon ;)

Lemon is an underrated flavor, imo. It brightens up so many other flavors, that is, IF you use the right lemon(s). FE/SC Lemon or Inw Lemon Mix are my favorites. I think Inw Lemon Mix may be one of the flavors they cut from their line, though. I haven't needed to order it lately, but I think I remember reading that somewhere. Inawera seems to have a penchant for cutting flavors that people love and depend on. Tastes must run differently in Europe, dunno why else they would cut their best chocolate and this wonderful, tart lemon.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes... it's great. Someone have me a small bottle of FA custard premium (thanks again WG) and I love it.
That blueberry vanilla cookie sounds great (a bit sweet for me) Many people use a "blueberry trinity" (I'll post it in a minute) and suggest a small bit of lemon brightens it up.
You can drop the sweetener with no problem. I like some sweetness in my vapes. I didn't use more blueberry because I really wanted the blueberry to be in the background. Usually, I will use FA Blueberry (Juicy Ripe) with the FW Blueberry and it comes out great. With this, there is really only a very slight hint of blueberry on the exhale which is what I was going for.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lemon is an underrated flavor, imo. It brightens up so many other flavors, that is, IF you use the right lemon(s). FE/SC Lemon or Inw Lemon Mix are my favorites. I think Inw Lemon Mix may be one of the flavors they cut from their line, though. I haven't needed to order it lately, but I think I remember reading that somewhere. Inawera seems to have a penchant for cutting flavors that people love and depend on. Tastes must run differently in Europe, dunno why else they would cut their best chocolate and this wonderful, tart lemon.
Waffle too! I have some INW Waffle that some random person (a true hero) from a FaceBook DIY group sent me. It really is great and strong. I diluted it and shared some of it and what I have left will still last me quite a while.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm "revisiting" (WF) bumbleberry. Did a SFT when I first got it (always do) and remember liking it. Then I mixed it with my cheesecake and was not happy... something was off. Since then, just fell in love with (WF) boysenberry raspberry (and also SSA raspberry syrup) so just kind of forgot about bumbleberry. It turns out it was my cheesecake that was a fail (way too much graham and mascarpone cheese) I'm ready to give this flavor another chance (I can see bumbleberry + boysenberry raspberry being my go-to berry) I now have (FA) custard premium and also remixed my cheesecake (that is fine now)
I should really make notes (hey... I'm 61 and just forget things)

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Delosi Lemon/Lime is delicious. I added some to a green apple mix and it really enhanced it. Hell, it's so good I've been adding it to my seltzer. I'm surprised nobody uses Delosi. Their Red Delicious and Green Apple are particularly good. I'm new...but I have a handful of apple flavors, and they compare very well.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Delosi Lemon/Lime is delicious. I added some to a green apple mix and it really enhanced it. Hell, it's so good I've been adding it to my seltzer. I'm surprised nobody uses Delosi. Their Red Delicious and Green Apple are particularly good. I'm new...but I have a handful of apple flavors, and they compare very well.
If you like Lemon Lime you might love Flavorah Citrus Soda. It tastes fantastic.
Unfortunately for me it is also an asthma trigger so I cant have it and binned it.
Not sure what in it did it but I'm thinking Citric acid perhaps or similar type of thing that gives a concentrate a tingle fizz sensation. Bummer though as I loved the flavour.
Flavour Art Citrus mix is a great one, I usually add some FA Cold Pressed lime to it with some Marshmallow, great combo! 👍

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
If you like Lemon Lime you might love Flavorah Citrus Soda. It tastes fantastic.
Unfortunately for me it is also an asthma trigger so I cant have it and binned it.
Not sure what in it did it but I'm thinking Citric acid perhaps or similar type of thing that gives a concentrate a tingle fizz sensation. Bummer though as I loved the flavour.
Flavour Art Citrus mix is a great one, I usually add some FA Cold Pressed lime to it with some Marshmallow, great combo! 👍
Without going into detail, I was a smoker for 30 years, so I too am careful about asthma related issues. So I take your advice very seriously here. Thank you!

I learned very early to use caution trying new things. Vgod's Berry Bomb SourStrawberry Belt causes a tsunami in my stomach. Nothing treacherous, but totally unvapable. Tested multiple times too, to be sure. I'll be happy to give it away if anyone wants it. So from that early experience I know to watch out.

Another item where the same happened was with Delosi's grape flavoring. A shame because it's freakin yummy! A normal natural grape, does the same thing. Now...I don't know if it's an additive or what, but there is something out there that doesn't agree with me. So I'm always cautious. I'll narrow it down eventually.

The cost of these flavorings is cheap to try, so I'll give the Citrus Soda a try on my next order. I can see now, by this time next year I'm gonna have like a hundred flavors.....but ELR will still tell me I'm missing something! LOL.

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
About Lime.....

I'm not allergic to any foods. And I LOVE lime. BUT certain products that contain concentrated lime oil smells like turpentine to me! I discovered this when I began buying high end traditional shave soaps. But I also discovered there are others out there that experience the same.

The effect is the same with even natural lime juice off the shelf. I use lemon juice all the time, but I can't use concentrated lime juice unless it's fake. I make lemonade, but lemon/lime is a no-go unless I want to press real limes which give me no trouble. :( Real lime still tastes a little bitter, but there is something in the juice that offsets it. I squeeze lime over fresh pineapple and it's like a royal treat, love it. So if anyone wants a free $20 shave soap let me know, lol. Captain's Choice Lime, top quality stuff...oh wait, wrong forum, lol.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Without going into detail, I was a smoker for 30 years, so I too am careful about asthma related issues. So I take your advice very seriously here. Thank you!

I learned very early to use caution trying new things. Vgod's Berry Bomb SourStrawberry Belt causes a tsunami in my stomach. Nothing treacherous, but totally unvapable. Tested multiple times too, to be sure. I'll be happy to give it away if anyone wants it. So from that early experience I know to watch out.

Another item where the same happened was with Delosi's grape flavoring. A shame because it's freakin yummy! A normal natural grape, does the same thing. Now...I don't know if it's an additive or what, but there is something out there that doesn't agree with me. So I'm always cautious. I'll narrow it down eventually.

The cost of these flavorings is cheap to try, so I'll give the Citrus Soda a try on my next order. I can see now, by this time next year I'm gonna have like a hundred flavors.....but ELR will still tell me I'm missing something! LOL.
When I first started mixing I couldn't get Nic here in OZ. I missed the throat hit from the cigs more than anything else. Then I heard about Flavour Art Flash, supposed to replicate the throat hit. It kind of did a little but wow it triggered asthma with me badly. I later found out its main ingredient to do the throat hit was capsaicin. It had me reaching for an inhaler, but the inhaler had zero effect in stopping it. Very similar with the Citrus Soda. Not the ingredients but an inhaler having no effect. Another that triggered it was Molinberry Cookie Bite.

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
When I first started mixing I couldn't get Nic here in OZ. I missed the throat hit from the cigs more than anything else. Then I heard about Flavour Art Flash, supposed to replicate the throat hit. It kind of did a little but wow it triggered asthma with me badly. I later found out its main ingredient to do the throat hit was capsaicin. It had me reaching for an inhaler, but the inhaler had zero effect in stopping it. Very similar with the Citrus Soda. Not the ingredients but an inhaler having no effect. Another that triggered it was Molinberry Cookie Bite.
Yeah, I don't understand that as an ingredient in vaping, that's crazy. I get that when I cook with chili powder and powdered cayenne. But only when on the stove, like making taco meat using your own seasonings. I really have to watch that. Chokes me out like crazy, had to leave the house on occasion.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, I don't understand that as an ingredient in vaping, that's crazy. I get that when I cook with chili powder and powdered cayenne. But only when on the stove, like making taco meat using your own seasonings. I really have to watch that. Chokes me out like crazy, had to leave the house on occasion.
Yeah, Id hate to be capsicum sprayed by the police. Is their go to thing of choice here these days. Good reason for me to be super nice to them. :giggle:
Good luck with all that mixing. Its a rabbit hole you know. :D But a fun one to go down. 👍

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Wow! Interesting read, @Smigo and @Supernoob

I don’t have any issues with flavorings(thank the goddess!) except liking/disliking, but I’d be very interested in seeing what those flavorings have in common. What sets y’all off. Or if it’s a combo of ingredients? Citric acid would definitely be a culprit, I think. Gives that “razor throat” thing that some complain of in flavors like peach, lemon/lime, etc…..but I want to say it’s an ingredient in Super Sweet, if my memory isn’t failing me? Can anyone confirm?? Which is in every damn commercial mix out there.

And Cookie Bite??? Damn! I love that flavor. WTF would be in Cookie Bite that would set off an asthma attack? Curious…..if I had the time, I would look into it, but some flavoring companies are more transparent than others about what’s in their flavorings.

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor

I don’t have any issues with flavorings(thank the goddess!) except liking/disliking, but I’d be very interested in seeing what those flavorings have in common. What sets y’all off. Or if it’s a combo of ingredients? Citric acid would definitely be a culprit, I think. Gives that “razor throat” thing that some complain of in flavors like peach, lemon/lime, etc…..but I want to say it’s an ingredient in Super Sweet, if my memory isn’t failing me? Can anyone confirm?? Which is in every damn commercial mix out there.

And Cookie Bite??? Damn! I love that flavor. WTF would be in Cookie Bite that would set off an asthma attack? Curious…..if I had the time, I would look into it, but some flavoring companies are more transparent than others about what’s in their flavorings.
You can bet that I will find out at some point. And I like to write obviously, lol, so I'll be sharing it here. Stay tuned...

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years

Hi. If citric is in Super Sweet then its not that which I thought might be the culprit in Citrus Soda as I use Cap Super Sweet and Purilum in all my mixes.
What other things that you know of are used to give a zingy tingle taste sensation?
Iv got some Fizziology range, Raspberry and a Lemon Lime and neither of those are an issue at all with me. Though neither of those have that same zingy tingle taste that the Flavorah one has.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hi. If citric is in Super Sweet then its not that which I thought might be the culprit in Citrus Soda as I use Cap Super Sweet and Purilum in all my mixes.
What other things that you know of are used to give a zingy tingle taste sensation?
Iv got some Fizziology range, Raspberry and a Lemon Lime and neither of those are an issue at all with me. Though neither of those have that same zingy tingle taste that the Flavorah one has.
Hmmmm…..
Developed did an episode on sweeteners. I’m gonna have to go rewatch that to see if I’m remembering correctly.

And I’m at work(without my notes) so I don’t know offhand. INW has one that I can’t remember the name of.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Hmmmm…..
Developed did an episode on sweeteners. I’m gonna have to go rewatch that to see if I’m remembering correctly.

And I’m at work(without my notes) so I don’t know offhand. INW has one that I can’t remember the name of.
Your memory is correct. It says here its used as a preservative.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't have asthma, but I have a similar reaction to FLV Rich Cinnamon if I use any more than a drop. It gives me a tight sensation in my chest after vaping it for a little while. Not sure what it is, but I am very cautious to not use too much. Even then I really will only vape it for a short while so I don't have any negative effects.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
@gopher_byrd
Hi mate. I goofed up a few posts back with a Strawberry I use and really like now.
For some reason I had Real Flavours in my head.
I was looking at some stuff just before and realised its Sobucky Super Aromas. Id got at the same time some Real Flavours and that was stuck in my head. "Doh" :facepalm:
So Sobucky Ripe Strawberry.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Awhile back, I mentioned WF bumble berry... now I remember the issue. It's fine at 2% but seems lacking. Then when I bump it to 3% it get's some off notes. Nothing that bad it's just that now I love WF boysenberry raspberry so much I lost interest in BB. I may still try combining both though.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Going to mix something new soon (combined some leftovers of other mixes and think this will be a winner)
WF chocolate chunks
FA cocoa (just a tiny bit)
CAP sweet tangerine
PUR butter mint
SSA ice cream
Haven't worked out the % yet

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I have SSA raspberry syrup and really like it (mixed with JF yellow cake and WF bavarian cream)
I'm kind of "strawberry blind" but for some reason I can taste the candy flavors (but I love strawberries IRL)
I like raspberry, I'll keep that in mind. 👍
Im the same with Apple concentrates, i just get nothing from them. Can smell them but no flavour.

VU Sponsors