Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks! That's a sweet deal for a Mixx. Although I have 4 already, I ordered another one. They are fine SBS mods.
Even though this a DY mixing thread... I have not tried a "side by side" mod but would love to. I have always found a fondness for those (and I never use a word like "fondness")
Oh... BTW, @BigEmptySky , Just want to say hi (I play guitar... both acoustic and electric)

BigEmptySky

Member For 5 Years
Cheers VapeOn1960!!!

24.99$ for a high quality SBS is a steal. You should pick one up!

When the Aspire Mixx first came out I paid 44.95£ (roughly 54$ USD).

I've been playing guitar for nearly 54 years. Been in many bands, played in many places all over.

Right, yes this is the DIY mixing thread, glad you noticed (stated with mild humour). I've contributed here previously.

Even though this a DY mixing thread... I have not tried a "side by side" mod but would love to. I have always found a fondness for those (and I never use a word like "fondness")
Oh... BTW, @BigEmptySky , Just want to say hi (I play guitar... both acoustic and electric)

newyork13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
PUR butter mint is great (and yes, BCF now carries PUR flavors) Hey @newyork13 , I just tried PUR country apple in my tobacco mix... it's great. And, of course, I love PUR sweet tobacco (a nutty mild pipe tobacco) Another one worth trying is PUR strawberry swirl (it's more of a candy but is great to make recipes like strawberry Quick (add milk flavor) and also "crunchberry" cereal (add cereal and milk) Haven't tried them but they seem to have some decent fruit flavors too. Cookie is good, and NY cheesecake isn't bad.
Well damned. Just after I placed a BCF order for the buttermint and a couple of others, I saw your email. I would have gotten the country apple. Oh well, next time.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Crashing in to the mixers thread for a minute. Figured my best chance would be here.
Long story short, I've been in a health battle for years with neurological problems. Really want to get back to vaping instead of the sticks.
If anyone still has these old TFA flavors and can mix this old recipe for me I would be very appreciative. I'll take care of your PayPal and then some. Not looking for charity.
I feel like I just need to start over due to so many changes in my brain, medications, etc.
Recipe credit to GeorgeMeadal. You can laugh at it if you want to, he was just starting back then too..

Screenshot_20220724-193638_Chrome.jpg

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Crashing in to the mixers thread for a minute. Figured my best chance would be here.
Long story short, I've been in a health battle for years with neurological problems. Really want to get back to vaping instead of the sticks.
If anyone still has these old TFA flavors and can mix this old recipe for me I would be very appreciative. I'll take care of your PayPal and then some. Not looking for charity.
I feel like I just need to start over due to so many changes in my brain, medications, etc.
Recipe credit to GeorgeMeadal. You can laugh at it if you want to, he was just starting back then too..

View attachment 195357
Well, hello there! I think I actually have all these. Is this recipe public?

Dm me with your details. 😊

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, hello there! I think I actually have all these. Is this recipe public?

Dm me with your details. 😊
Bless your heart. I figured if anyone had them it would be vape mom, lol
It's not public on my ELR because it's not mine. I'm a terrible mixer, just a recipe maker. Thankful to those who can mix and share. 🙂

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@BobsHere , don't even trip... that is an old recipe... we can give you better flavors to use (seriously, there are many better choices than TFA that's old school... move on) Actually, that sounds really good but wait until we suggest some other (specific) flavors. For example: WF Banana Puree is great.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@BobsHere , don't even trip... that is an old recipe... we can give you better flavors to use (seriously, there are many better choices than TFA that's old school... move on) Actually, that sounds really good but wait until we suggest some other (specific) flavors. For example: WF Banana Puree is great.
Thanks, I know there are a lot more choices and better flavors now. I just can't taste them, lol. If I can't vape this recipe then I just can't vape. It's about me and my neuro problems. I do appreciate any help. This is why I've always loved VU. It's the people.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks, I know there are a lot more choices and better flavors now. I just can't taste them, lol. If I can't vape this recipe then I just can't vape. It's about me and my neuro problems. I do appreciate any help. This is why I've always loved VU. It's the people.
I will keep that in mind. Still... ask here before ordering flavors. Bob is here... and so are we (to help) ;)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So after all this time, I have lost my taste for cinnamon (in vape... still love it IRL) It's not that I used too much... just now feeling that it just takes away from the other flavors. Still like FA cinnamon ceylon but even find it too much (might still use it but much less) It's funny because as a kid, I ate red hots and hot tamales candy (burned my tongue like hell) and loved it. Love Cinn IRL (french toast, apple pie) but not in vape anymore. Crazy thing is I'm one of those who like black licorice (even in vape) and have not burned out n that. Root beer (FW) was another issue with me (could not vape it even though I love it IRL)

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So after all this time, I have lost my taste for cinnamon (in vape... still love it IRL) It's not that I used too much... just now feeling that it just takes away from the other flavors.
Too bad, one of my faves and it's a good morning vape with coffee is one I created. Cinnamon Waffle with whipped cream that I call Cinfull Waffle.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just realized something about cinnamon flavors. I don't add sweeteners but starting to realize it would help with some of my recipes (especially ones with cinn) I need to order some sweetener (I made the mistake of getting LB sweetener just to find out it's only EM so don't really use it) I want to try FLV or FW.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Quick and dirty mixing (I seem to say that often... and really need to mix larger batches):
My tobacco mix (din't realize I was that low)
The last of my LB white chocolate peppermint (need more of that and Water Malone)
And added WF boysenberry/raspberry to my well steeped FA custard premium.
My wish list (for BCF and LB) is getting long. Getting SS in October (wish I knew I could have applied sooner) Oh well.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just received the buttermint.
what's your favorite recipe for it?
Apologize for the delay... I was busy.
When I first got butter mint (BM... please no doo doo jokes) I tried it with many fruits (It works with most... especially melons) I had a pre-made honeydew juice and that was the best. Anyway, Since you asked: my favorite recipes are chocolate, tangerine, BM and some cream. I also do a lemon, licorice, BM and marshmallow (of course you have to like licorice for that one) I had a green apple pre-made (I don't normally like that... prefer baked apple recipes) even that was good. I even had another pre-made juice (peanut butter banana) and to my surprise it came in second of my dozen flavors I tried with BM (that was back when I still had a few commercial juices around) I have not tried it with tobacco.
It's just peppermint with a hint of butter and cream (use it solo at 4%) or 3% in a mix. PUR tend to be weak but this one is a bit stronger (some PUR need over 5%) It really depends on what other flavors you like (you have only mentioned tobaccos)

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
put out quite a few orders with BCF & FlavorJungle this past week or two... Getting back into mixing.

Stuff whipped up tonight:
  • Some mix with FLV Native Tobacco & INW Dark for Pipe
  • a Butterscotch RY with FLV Cured/INW Vanilla for Pipe/INW TA Garuda
  • Shake & Vape Lychee Jelly (DELICIOUS)

Gonna mess with raspberries for a bit once my orders come in. And try to clone Fruit Monster Mangerine Guava!
Your S&V Lychee sounds delicious! I have everything to mix it except for the PUR Jelly Candy.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
put out quite a few orders with BCF & FlavorJungle this past week or two... Getting back into mixing.

Stuff whipped up tonight:
  • Some mix with FLV Native Tobacco & INW Dark for Pipe
  • a Butterscotch RY with FLV Cured/INW Vanilla for Pipe/INW TA Garuda
  • Shake & Vape Lychee Jelly (DELICIOUS)

Gonna mess with raspberries for a bit once my orders come in. And try to clone Fruit Monster Mangerine Guava!
Yeah….I’m definitely mixing that lychee jelly. Looks fabulous! I’m in need of something different lately.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm pretty sure you could pull it off with CAP jelly candy or FA Jammy/Candy Wizard if you have those to substitute. If not, that Lychee/DF/Apple/Coconut combo is probably really nice on its own still.
I looked in my stash & I found CAP Jelly Candy, yay! I’ll mix this on my next mixing day, thanks! Do you think mix it at the same 2% as the PUR?

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
And try to clone Fruit Monster Mangerine Guava!
That sounds very similar to a pre-made I liked (Naked POG) it's passion fruit/orange/guava. All pre-mades are too strong/too sweet for me (that's why I love DIY) It doesn't have the "cooling" your clone has (I looked it up) but is very good. If you want to make it yourself:
1660174123223.jpeg

It doesn't have "cooling" so ask others about that (menthol, koolada, ect) I just love my butter mint and haven't tried any others. CAP Sweet Tangerine is nice (but a bit candy) I am also considering another passion fruit (WF?) I use sweet tangerine a lot. I would also skip the dragonfruit (nothing against it... jut don't need it (unless you have that... it goes with just about anything) Otherwise, make the clone recipe you mentioned... just go low on the cooling agents (you can always add more)

Last edited:
I looked in my stash & I found CAP Jelly Candy, yay! I’ll mix this on my next mixing day, thanks! Do you think mix it at the same 2% as the PUR?
I haven't had CAP Jelly Candy before, but from the notes I can find it works better around 1%. PUR stuff is a bit weak for the most part, so tend to need higher %s than their counterparts from other brands. CAP's might have a weird offnote that PUR doesn't have though, so I'd say try 1% first.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven't had CAP Jelly Candy before, but from the notes I can find it works better around 1%. PUR stuff is a bit weak for the most part, so tend to need higher %s than their counterparts from other brands. CAP's might have a weird offnote that PUR doesn't have though, so I'd say try 1% first.
Thanks for looking into the CAP Jelly Candy! I’ll try it @1% as you suggested. Thanks!

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's just peppermint with a hint of butter and cream (use it solo at 4%) or 3% in a mix. PUR tend to be weak but this one is a bit stronger (some PUR need over 5%)
I mentioned this already. I really just depends on how much you like mint. I have a very bad habit of not making notes (and my memory is not so great) I would suggest a small SFT (solo) at 4%... if it blows your head off, then maybe just 2% in a mix. I often just mix it solo and then mix different fruits and experiment by mixing those. I just mixed my chocolate tangerine mint and suspect I used too much mint (nuckle taste) Going to vape now and find out.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I need some more vanilla... what is a good one? Doesn't need to very creamy but if its that good, I am still interested. Currently using SSA madagascar vanilla. I use it for my tobacco RY4 and some bakery recipes.
I am very happy with FW salted caramel (also for my RY4 and bakery recipes) so will get more of that too (and no, it's not salty... stupid name that confuses people)

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I need some more vanilla... what is a good one? Doesn't need to very creamy but if its that good, I am still interested. Currently using SSA madagascar vanilla. I use it for my tobacco RY4 and some bakery recipes.
I am very happy with FW salted caramel (also for my RY4 and bakery recipes) so will get more of that too (and no, it's not salty... stupid name that confuses people)
INW Shisha Vanilla is my favorite for tobacco recipes at about 1%.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@amouthforwar I finally mixed your Lychee Jelly recipe yesterday. Vaping it right now in a Haku Venna clone. It is delicious!!!!

I reduced the INW Cactus to .25% after reading your notes on ATF about the INW Cactus & you’re ordering FA Pear & Apricot to possibly replace the Cactus for the juiciness aspect.

Let us know how the FA Pear & Apricot turns out.

But it’s definitely delicious for a SNV!!!! :vino:

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I reduced the INW Cactus to .25% after reading your notes on ATF about the INW Cactus & you’re ordering FA Pear & Apricot to possibly replace the Cactus for the juiciness aspect.
I tried FA lulo... it is very interesting (adds the "juicy" factor but is very citrus forward.. I actually get a mild grapefruit) It seems to be a very useful flavor but if you don't want citrus, I would avoid it.Some people love cactus (haven't tried it myself so don't know)... others find an off flavor they don't like so who knows.
FA pear (haven't tried it but seems to be a very popular flavor to add to almost any fruit) FA apricot I have... very strong and not suitable for other recipes (I use it with peach, mango apricot and in very small %)

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I tried FA lulo... it is very interesting (adds the "juicy" factor but is very citrus forward.. I actually get a mild grapefruit) It seems to be a very useful flavor but if you don't want citrus, I would avoid it.Some people love cactus (haven't tried it myself so don't know)... others find an off flavor they don't like so who knows.
FA pear (haven't tried it but seems to be a very popular flavor to add to almost any fruit) FA apricot I have... very strong and not suitable for other recipes (I use it with peach, mango apricot and in very small %)
I remembered in the past people used FA Apricot & FA Pear in combo for the juiciness factor, but upon googling I found Wayne’s post regarding these 2 flavors. He suggested 1% of each. I wonder if that’ll be too much FA Apricot based on your experience.

lowering the Cactus to .25% seemed to have offset the weird off flavor. But I might reduce it further or try the FA combo.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Finally mixed peanut butter cup and the last little bit of LB white chocolate (also getting low on Wayne's Water malone so an order to liquid barn is on my wish list) The last bits of my unflavored 6 and 12 mg base went into a bottle (half and half)... 9mg/ml that comes in handy for priming coils and flushing tanks. Mixed 100 ml each of 6mg and 12 mg unflavored "base"
I know my last few posts are not very interesting (just trying to post anything to keep this thread alive)

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I got them at Amazon. I’ll see if I can find a link.

I think DIYFS still has OOO? And I think Amazon does too(for more $). I know I’ve got a few off of Amazon.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Finally mixed peanut butter cup and the last little bit of LB white chocolate (also getting low on Wayne's Water malone so an order to liquid barn is on my wish list) The last bits of my unflavored 6 and 12 mg base went into a bottle (half and half)... 9mg/ml that comes in handy for priming coils and flushing tanks. Mixed 100 ml each of 6mg and 12 mg unflavored "base"
I know my last few posts are not very interesting (just trying to post anything to keep this thread alive)
Ooooo, that reminds me I have to mix up base.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So, I’m working in a chai spice RY4 and a crème brûlée custard/cake(new Caps for this one) and a coconut berry yogurt drink.

The chai spice will have two versions….one with more common flavorings and one with some hard to get/$$$(looking at you Medicine Flower) flavors.

Oh. And an almond cake with a meringue topping. Got the idea from Pinterest.😊

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Where does one purchase OOO flavors? Search seems to fail me. Have always ordered everything from BCF but don't see them there.
@wildgypsy70 where do you get your bottles from? Really like the one you sent.
Thanks 😉
Here it is!

12 Pack 60mL Unicorn Pen LDPE Plastic Bottle Long Thin Tip - 12 Colors Childproof Cap - Free Mini Funnel Squeezable Bottles https://a.co/d/hVEgw7s

VU Sponsors