Become a Patron!

The Daily Mixing Thread

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
That's really unfortunate. Vape Train makes great flavorings.
I had printed BCF's inventory to PDF in late July last year for easier reference and 28 of the Vape Train flavors have gone away since then.

It does make me wonder if it is just thinning the stock of flavors that don't sell well, supply chain issues, or if something is going on with VTA.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't care if it's thinning (many still available) BUT... orange marmalade (still there) OK but wait a minute! no pudding base! I am really bummed out. I do really like VT flavors. Now rewind to my first sentence... I retract (resent, regret) that statement... Good vibes going out to VT. This caught me out of left field.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Their Chocolate Custard, Botanical Gin, Honeycomb, Chocolate Milk, Creme de Menthe, Orange Marmalade, Desiccated Coconut, and Golden Syrup are all flavors that I use a lot when I'm actively mixing. Several of those I would be very sad to lose - most especially the Chocolate Custard, the Gin, Honeycomb, Coconut, and Marmalade. I think I've bought spares of all of them already, but heaven only knows where they are right now. I need desperately to reorganize my mixing stuff.

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Their Chocolate Custard, Botanical Gin, Honeycomb, Chocolate Milk, Creme de Menthe, Orange Marmalade, Desiccated Coconut, and Golden Syrup are all flavors that I use a lot when I'm actively mixing. Several of those I would be very sad to lose - most especially the Chocolate Custard, the Gin, Honeycomb, Coconut, and Marmalade. I think I've bought spares of all of them already, but heaven only knows where they are right now. I need desperately to reorganize my mixing stuff.
Honeycomb and Botanical Gin are gone from BCF, at least for now.
Orange Marmalade is only available in 10ml right now.

Maybe supply chain? Last year I had to wait a bit to pick up Fizzy Sherbet and Sugarloaf Pineapple.
Although the listing were still there then, just out of stock. Now many flavors are just gone.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've been lazy (mixing) Will do a few with the little bit of unflavored base I have. Thawing (partially) my 100 mg nic, transferring to a smaller bottle, then transferring VG and PG from larger to smaller bottles, then I can mix bases. How did I get into this DIY "hobby"? It can be a lot of work BUT thank god I did... we now have a flavor ban here in CA so I guess it's worth all the work.

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I mixed up another five testers this morning and am now out of bottles again.
I got a bit lazy and just used the suggested percentages from ELR for these.

Melonius Assault • (melons)

Queensrynde V1.0 & V2.0 • (oranges/cream/vanilla) - originally was going with Queen Of The Rind for this, might change it back if it has promise.
Also, my phone won't do an umlaut over the "y".

Custard's Last Jam • (blueberries/custards/pudding)

The In-Crowd • (strawberries/cream/custard/v. swirl) - top five most mixed flavors at ELR. Been done by others but having a go anyway.

Queensrynde was inspired by Kahtette's post in The What Flavor Are You Vaping thread about Five Pawns Queenside.
I never tried Queenside but had a house brand orange-cream mix years ago from one shop. Think I was still using my Vivi Novas then.
Figured I'd give that profile a go but should probably try to sniff out some Queenside around here to get a better feel.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
This is a link to a post I made a few years ago, had used the recipe in this post as a Queenside remix. It's been a long time since I mixed it, and I tend not to mix so heavy these days, but for what it's worth...maybe something in it will be useful.

If the link doesn't take you to exactly the right place, look for post #10,167

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
This is a link to a post I made a few years ago, had used the recipe in this post as a Queenside remix. It's been a long time since I mixed it, and I tend not to mix so heavy these days, but for what it's worth...maybe something in it will be useful.

If the link doesn't take you to exactly the right place, look for post #10,167

Thank you, nadalama!
The link took me right there.
Yes, some ideas there for sure, hadn't thought of adding any lemon.
(will definitely have to hunt down some Queenside)

I also need to spend more time reading back in this thread!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I got my mixing mess out last night and mixed up two flavors I haven't done before. One was Sea Bubbles Ice Cream, which right now is a flop and I haven't quite figured out how to fix it, and the other was a chocolate milk, basically a SFT of VTA's Chocolate Milk (6%) with about 1.5% of TFA Vanillin and 1.5% of FE Candy Sugar. It needs some French Vanilla or something to add some creaminess. I'm going to let them both steep for a few days and give them another try.

I loved the idea of Sea Bubbles Ice Cream. It's bubblegum, FW lemon meringue pie and a tad of FE Lemon, ice cream, FW Hawaiian Limeade (which is a cherry-limeade flavor), and sweetener. The execution didn't give me back at all what I imagined. I used Delosi Bubblegum, and that may be the majority of the problem. I think I'd have been better off with MB American Bubblegum. The whisper from the back of my mind also tells me that some Blood Orange might be helpful, too. Will probably try that first.

ETA: Added 1.5% of WF Marshmallow (Gooey) to both recipes, and 1.5% SSA Cornish Cream to the Chocolate Milk. Waiting.

Last edited:

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Two quick ones (both regular recipes and my own creations):
tobacco mix (with lots of caramel and vanilla)
chocolate tangerine buttermint
Still need to make more base before I continue.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Saw an old family friend saturday (too bad it was because his mother passed away... but good to see all three of "the boys" again) Anyway, he recently got into vaping (had a small Smok Nord pod) I told him about how I'm really into vaping now and mix my own liquids. Blew his mind when I mentioned my recipe "peanut butter banana pudding with vanilla wafers" (need to mix that as soon as I have more base)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just in case I can't get VT pudding base anymore... any good subs?
I do have WF cream filling (haven't tried it yet but have a lot)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Flv Vanilla Pudding would be my first try
Yes... of course (that was my other choice when I got the VT) but I forgot because I instantly loved the VT. Many others mentioned FLV (that's ironic... all the new flavors I want to order are FLV) My next order is going to be all FLV (I feel like this was meant to be) I did this before with all FA flavors and was not disappointed 👍

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Been busy (in many ways) Have not mixed in a long time (been vaping unflavored for days) Finally got around to mixing:
tobacco mix
white chocolate peppermint
lemon tart
maple bar
and (drum roll... ) my pride and joy... peanut butter banana pudding with vanilla wafer
Now all I have to do is clean and put new coils (drop-in) in 3 tanks (and rewick my new RTA)

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I've mixed up about a dozen testers since my last post but wrote up about 40.
Screenshot_20230415-192304~2.png

I keep running out of bottles as I'm too slow working through my earlier testers - some go back to December!
If any are good, at least I'll be pretty sure they hold up okay.
I still don't have any that I think are good enough to make public yet, although some show promise and get new versions.
Others smell so good but taste pretty meh.
I'm still enjoying it though.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Tried WF glazed donut (first time... with maple) Not sure about this one but to be fair it needs a steep (I was totally out of juices so had to rush it) It does seen to be getting better as the days go by. Has a slight off note (similar to WF crumble topping) Reminds me of issues with using cookie or graham too high... could it be the AP? Maybe I'm just using too high % (I think I used 3%) Like I said, not really fair to judge until it steeps.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I will talk about this this week-end (but it's not AP) The WF glazed donut. It might even be the FA maple syrup. I've had a few beers... after revisiting, I get what seems like "rancid" butter (maybe what they used to get the "fried" flavor?) I always do SFTs of new flavors (and that's why) but skipped that step this time.
I diluted it (and it has had a few more days to steep) seems better but I still get the off-note.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Whatever it was has steeped out.
My peanut butter banana pudding with vanilla wafers is perfect (I often use too much PB and/or cookie but not this time) I put a new wick in my RTA to try it... loving it.
Yeah, I’ll use the glazed donut around 2%. It really needs something like WF Bread(Sweet) to fill it out and some SS to bring out the glazed aspect. Your instinct to dilute it was correct! And it is a steeper.

That PB banana pudding thing sounds amazing!!!

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, I’ll use the glazed donut around 2%. It really needs something like WF Bread(Sweet) to fill it out and some SS to bring out the glazed aspect. Your instinct to dilute it was correct! And it is a steeper.
I have never used sweetener before but got some FW sweetener and will start adding it to some recipes. The only other thing I have tried with the maple syrup is french toast... might "meld" these into a single recipe.
That PB banana pudding thing sounds amazing!!!
When I was a kid (very long time ago LOL) my mother made pudding (old school on the stove) put vanilla wafers in a glass dish, cover a little with pudding, add a layer of sliced bananas and then more pudding. Put it in the fridge. It was so good so I made a recipe for that first. It was good. Then I realized I love PB with bananas so added PB to the recipe. It's my pride and joy but tricky to balance the flavors. Here it is (although I would slightly reduce the PB and cookie):
Peanut butter banana pudding with vanilla wafer
TFA DX peanut butter 2.5%
WF banana puree 3%
VT pudding base 3%
PUR cookie 2.5%
SSA vanilla 1.5%
I know you gave me some vanilla wafer flavor but didn't like it much (kinda meh)

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I mixed up a bunch of stuff finally this week.

On the road juices:
2x60ml Mama J's Game Over Custard + 60ml of GOC one shot @wllmc
2x60ml @Smoky Blue's Alpine Strawberry Napoleon + 30ml of ASN one shot
2x60ml Goph's PS Shortcake
2x60ml Goph's Monster Cookie

That should be enough to last me until I retire from the road warrior life in June.

Around the house juices:
60ml Goph's Cinfull Waffle
30ml Goph's An Apple @ Midnight
60ml Rocky Tooney's Muddy Boots V2
60ml @wildgypsy70's Crack Pie

So that adds up to 690ml of juice and 90 ml of the one shots.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have never used sweetener before but got some FW sweetener and will start adding it to some recipes. The only other thing I have tried with the maple syrup is french toast... might "meld" these into a single recipe.

When I was a kid (very long time ago LOL) my mother made pudding (old school on the stove) put vanilla wafers in a glass dish, cover a little with pudding, add a layer of sliced bananas and then more pudding. Put it in the fridge. It was so good so I made a recipe for that first. It was good. Then I realized I love PB with bananas so added PB to the recipe. It's my pride and joy but tricky to balance the flavors. Here it is (although I would slightly reduce the PB and cookie):
WF banana puree 3%
VT pudding base 3%
PUR cookie 2.5%
SSA vanilla 1.5%
I know you gave me some vanilla wafer flavor but didn't like it much (kinda meh)
Welp, it’s on the list for my next mixing session. Looks great!

Why would you lower the PB and the Cookie?

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years

WF banana puree 3%
VT pudding base 3%
PUR cookie 2.5%
SSA vanilla 1.5%
This sounds really good, thank you for sharing!
I think I need to sub the SSA as I don't have any of their vanillas. Well, I have Vanilla Sugar but don't think that is what you used.

You inspired me to take a stab at this profile, though without PB for starters to see if my "base" is any good. This try will be a little bloated compared to yours as I wrote it up using two flavors each for cookie/pudding/banana.
It will probably be a bit until I get either mixed up though.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Mixed up a very nice and simple new recipe, kind of a soft and delicate orange with the requisite cream.

Orange Cream

TFA Cranberry 1.2%
TFA French Vanilla Deluxe 2%
TFA Orange Mandarin 3%
FA Royal Orange 2.25%
Cap Super Sweet 0.8%

Total Flavors 9.25%

It needs about 5 days' rest. It changes quite a bit from the way it tastes SNV.

If anyone tries it, please let me know what you think.

And no, I don't know why I put Cranberry in it, but I'm glad I did. Just a hunch, I guess. I think it worked out well.

BigEmptySky

Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I’ll use the glazed donut around 2%. It really needs something like WF Bread(Sweet) to fill it out and some SS to bring out the glazed aspect.

LOLz. Back in February I did a mix using WF Glazed Donut 2% and used 1% WF Bread (Sweet) for the same reason. WF GD needs the help of another bakery flavor to be filled out. Without help, the glazed donut is just so-so.

Here is what I made:

WF Glazed Donut 2%
WF Bread (Sweet) 1%
WF Vanilla Cream Extra 1.5%
INW Shisha Vanilla 1%
CAP Fresh Pineapple 1.75%
FA Blood Orange 2%

It's a nice creamy tropical donut. Smooth and tasty!!!

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Mixed up a very nice and simple new recipe, kind of a soft and delicate orange with the requisite cream.

Orange Cream

TFA Cranberry 1.2%
TFA Orange Mandarin 3%
FA Royal Orange 2.25%
Cap Super Sweet 0.8%

Total Flavors 9.25%

And no, I don't know why I put Cranberry in it, but I'm glad I did. Just a hunch, I guess. I think it worked out well.
Nice, I wouldn't have thought of cranberry there.
I have a peanut butter cookie tester that I used FA Corn and FA Maple Syrup in at 0.5% each. I don't recall my thinking on it now (mixed it late November!), though probably butter from the corn and sweetness from the maple with just a dash of mystery thrown in.
I did test it off the shake and wasn't wowed then, guess I should give it another go soon to see where it's at now.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
LOLz. Back in February I did a mix using WF Glazed Donut 2% and used 1% WF Bread (Sweet) for the same reason. WF GD needs the help of another bakery flavor to be filled out. Without help, the glazed donut is just so-so.

Here is what I made:

WF Glazed Donut 2%
WF Bread (Sweet) 1%
WF Vanilla Cream Extra 1.5%
INW Shisha Vanilla 1%
CAP Fresh Pineapple 1.75%
FA Blood Orange 2%

It's a nice creamy tropical donut. Smooth and tasty!!!
Yummy looking!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Orange Cream

TFA Cranberry 1.2%
TFA Orange Mandarin 3%
FA Royal Orange 2.25%
Cap Super Sweet 0.8%

Total Flavors 9.25%

Ok. I’m going to say something that I haven’t said in a loooooong time…..

I only have TWO….yes, 2….of those flavors. Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

But it sounds fantastic! Cran-orange is a classic pairing!

gloopdegurp

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I mixed up eight new testers so far this weekend -

5 of them are in the spirit of Vapetasia's Royalty 2 profile • custard/cream/nuts/tobacco (Soho or RY4 Double for these)

a strawberry jam cookie

a nilla wafer banana pudding (inspired by VapeOn1960's posts)

a peach/mango/milk & honey/cream mix

I'm working slowly through my steeping drawer but have no winners to report yet.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You inspired me to take a stab at this profile, though without PB for starters to see if my "base" is any good. This try will be a little bloated compared to yours as I wrote it up using two flavors each for cookie/pudding/banana.
It will probably be a bit until I get either mixed up though.
👍

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Quick question... I forgot how strong to mix VSO blueberry and blackberry (solo) I'm thinking 4 %
I understand that mixing both will be less each and adding TFA acai too (very low %)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OK... side track (I was watching a video... grimmgreen vlog) and he mentioned an e-liquid (hey we all just call it juice) It was white chocolate, peanut butter and sugar cookie. I'm in (he is not a mixer but this is one of his juices through another vendor... actually I wasn't really clear on that) so...
what is a good white chocolate?

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I checked my own list (results of several years of research from different sources) I have VT and FLV white chocolate.
Oh no... I knew BCF had dropped some VT flavors but now it seems VT is not even there anymore.

BigEmptySky

Member For 5 Years
Regarding Vape Train Australia (VTA) flavours and BCF.

Someone over on ECF posted this yesterday:

"I just got off the phone with Bull City Flavors. The reason Vape Train Australia (VTA) are not listed is because BCF has been having problems for some time with imports from Australia.

I was told BCF plans on resuming VTA flavor sales when (and if) the import situation is resolved.

As to why the VTA website has been down for maintenance going back 3-4 days, that may be coincidental (IOW, who knows???).

Where to purchase VTA flavors? Nom Nomz. They've always carried most (if not all) VTA flavors. I just checked NN and there are only a few that are listed as OOS.

BCF has slimmed down on flavors they carry from several of the flavor companies over the last 2-3 years. My best guess as to why, perhaps BCF only wants to carry the flavors that are the most popular (as in; those that sell the best)."

FWIW, I've purchased flavours from Nom Nomz many times (as have many on ELR, ATF, etc.). You will NOT find a larger selection of flavours anywhere else. They carry far more flavours, from more flavour companies, than BCF has ever carried.

Nom Nomz is a solid company.

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Months ago I donated the $10 to ELR to get rid of the ads and they haven't stopped. Anyone know who over there I can message/email?

BigEmptySky

Member For 5 Years
I think the reason they might be having issues with VTA & why VTA’s website is down. Australia is banning vaping & if VTA is known for making e-liquids then it makes sense. This is just my guess so I could be wrong.

Australia is not banning vaping per se. They recently implemented new reforms. Those are aimed at importation.

"The importation and sale of all e-cigarettes, regardless of whether they are labelled as containing nicotine or not, will soon be banned in Australia, unless they are supplied by prescription through a licensed pharmacist."

"The Australian government will ban the importation of nonprescription vaping products – including those that do not contain nicotine. Minimum quality standards for vapes will be introduced, including restricting flavours, colours and other ingredients. Vape products will require pharmaceutical-like packaging, and the allowed nicotine concentrations and volumes will be reduced. All single-use, disposable vapes will be banned."

VTA only manufactures flavours. To my knowledge, they never manufactured and sold their own e-liquids.

I didn't see anything in the above linked articles regarding banning DIY flavours from being sold overseas via export or within OZ.

Perhaps VTA is renaming their flavour company? As in removing "Vape" from their name so as to avoid any issues with the Aussie gov?

VU Sponsors