Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Same here - dieting as well....no fun.

VapDrak

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Right? No fun at all... and it's against nature too!!! In the good 'ol days, when we were living in the caves and woods, the right curves where a sign of our ability as hunters and survivours... I was born too late

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's it! Born too late, that's all.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's 98F out ATM, toooo damn warm for man nor beasty.

Went looking through the freezer for something cold to eat..I found two old orange creamsicles.
And, a full and unopened box of 'em I didn't know I had. :D

In the bowl the old ones went...can't eat on the stick as they start to melt nearly instantly in this heat.

bO1lXz9l.jpg

They are melting as I type this so I'm gonna take care of that... ;)

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Tonight's menu:

Medium-rare NY Strip (grilled), smashed roasted tri-color potatoes, steamed carrots, and an ice cold hoegaarden

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Damn Ms. Pots, that sounds delish. :D

I made a little breakky....

Maple pork sausage, a nice egg over medium, tator tots for the hash browns with Onion & Habanero, and sourdough bagel bites with melty aged white cheddar.

8UHyL6Ml.jpg

rU1FLNNl.jpg

cISuL72h.jpg

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey, what happened to the picture of my dinner? Was it that bad? lol

Wrong thread....nm

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I made my chili today. Always comes out great, but exhausting to make. I roast plum tomatoes, garlic, serranos, jalapenos, habeneros, & an onion, then add in ground turkey, light and dark red kidney beans, & let it simmah. So much work! But worth it, 'cos it really is excellent. Best part is, tomorrow's leftovers will be even better.

vegy6u7y.jpg

PS I dropped my phone into the pot whilst taking this pic. Was only a matter of time before I finally tested out its claims of being water resistant. Turns out it's also chili resistant.

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I made my chili today. Always comes out great, but exhausting. I roast plum tomatoes, garlic, serranos, jalapenos, habeneros, & an onion, then add in ground turkey, light and dark red kidney beans, & let it simmah. So much work! But worth it, 'cos it really is excellent. Best part is, tomorrow's leftovers will be even better.

vegy6u7y.jpg

PS I dropped my phone into the pot whilst taking this pic. Was only a matter of time before I finally tested out its claims of being water resistant. Turns out it's also chili resistant.

Wow....you put all the nommy chiles in there....you rock, that is all. :D

king-033.gif

ps..I've made peach 'n habanero marmalade....

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm sorry... ;)

Damn, you look just like a gal I ...knew... a very long time ago. Except she had blue eyes.
I have weird azz eyes that used to be plain brown but now shifted and have a lotta green in them. Who knows, maybe one day they'll turn blue?

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have weird azz eyes that used to be plain brown but now shifted and have a lotta green in them. Who knows, maybe one day they'll turn blue?

you are adorable :)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Could be so. My ID says Hazel because they couldn't figure out what color they were...lol...

Good 'ol Wytch Eyes.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
nuh uh....u r neener neener

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Really. Then i guess you were giving me a raspberry. Why ever would you do that?:p:p:p:p:p

no no no.....i am speaking in "tongues". keep up, sweetie. ;)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bah, you guys need to get a room...this isn't the singles chatroom...lol

Today's breakfast....

0EQpmXIl.jpg

XpYcdval.jpg

I used some of the leftover Maple Sausage hash browns.
Veggie oil got heated in my Anolon pan on Medium, then sautéed up some onion, mashed garlic and half of a habanero. Added an egg, cooked to over-medium with S&P. :)

Slices of French bread were topped with Queso Duro Seco and heated, then the lovely egg and the re-heated hash browns. Liberal Sea salt & Black pepper was sprinkled. A dollop of LaVictoria Salsa Ranchera for the hash browns to go with the Mexi theme. :D

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Things to do with that last few inches of a loaf of French bread....make some cheesy toast bites. :)

Sliced it up into about 1/8" thick slices then in half again to make them bite-sized.
I spread very sparingly with Dijon mustard, added some sharp cheddar cheese - also thinly sliced, and sprinkled it with garlic salt with a wee touch of chile powder for color.

Put the goodness into the toaster oven at about 225-250F and take out just when the cheese is bubbly but not browned.
Let it set in the tray until cooled a bit...it'll firm up a bit and ya really don't want to bite into 200-degree cheese, eh?

Done...Mmmmm.
Crispy edges and slightly soft centers for these old teeth...yay!

Yeah, not all of them made it to this stage of the photo-taking...muhahaa...

Now, I have yummy movie snacks and it only took about 7-8 mins. to do. With almost zero cleanup.
kitchen-chef-64.gif

FWIW, if I were to want to make a lot of these, I'd buy a baguette and streamline the process a lot.

Last edited:

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Im eating a bowl of fucking Trix cereal. And they are really good. And it only took about 30 seconds to make them....... I think I wouldnt mind vaping this stuff.

I think I'll try to make a Trix Vape tomorrow.

Fruit stripe gum

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@ Caff The French bread snackies look really, really yummy. Your breakfast on the other hand ....I just dont know.:eek:

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've not had any home-cooked food in a few days. Its been a busy week. Chinese takeout Wed night, had Steak n Shake Thurs night. No idea now. I know mom mentioned roast but possibly gave up before it came to fruition.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks!
Awww, you don't like a real breakfast? :D;)

Real breakfast: Soft scrambled eggs with medium or sharp cheddar cheese, (fried eggs if ya aint got the skilz to not have those clumpy hard scrambled eggs) Grits with butter and sometimes cheese, 4 to 5 pieces of thick sliced bacon, maybe some sausage every third day (or one snuck in with the bacon), three pieces of toast with butter pats cooked to perfection in the broiler section of the oven (cover with honey of course)........unless your making biccuits this fine morning. Top that off with a cold glass of milk or chocolat milk. Thats breakfast around these parts.

Silly goose. :p

(although I made omlets this morning.... not very southern of me)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Salad with no dressing? You betcha.

Made with 2% Cottage cheese, a bit of lettuce, carrot, celery, onion, fresh ginger, a bit of jalapeño and habanero for spice, Kalamata olives in red wine, some leftover deli turkey and some Julienned sharp cheddar cheese. :)

Seasoned with dry dill, sea salt, black pepper, a dash of Old Bay and some Pequin seasoning salt.

The pretty shot:

qBqTyPpl.jpg

The Eatin' shot.

rZZbNjSl.jpg

The cottage cheese provides a lot of moisture, so it's not the least bit dry. :)

The mix of flavors is somewhere between Greek and Asian, but just tasty anyway for a quick salad.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Real breakfast: Soft scrambled eggs with medium or sharp cheddar cheese, (fried eggs if ya aint got the skilz to not have those clumpy hard scrambled eggs) Grits with butter and sometimes cheese, 4 to 5 pieces of thick sliced bacon, maybe some sausage every third day (or one snuck in with the bacon), three pieces of toast with butter pats cooked to perfection in the broiler section of the oven (cover with honey of course)........unless your making biccuits this fine morning. Top that off with a cold glass of milk or chocolat milk. Thats breakfast around these parts.

Silly goose. :p

(although I made omlets this morning.... not very southern of me)

Ah, Southern cooking....

Well, I'm a Canadian raised in WA, sorry. ;-)

I was taught to eat food that promotes a high metabolism and provide a balance of nutrients over time.

None of my eggs are tough, I assure you. If the scrambled eggs you see are tough, you are over-cooking them. I also don't eat like I'm 300 lbs., I'm about 150lbs at 47yo and like staying that way. I eat maybe one or two small "meals" a day plus small snacks. :)

Last edited:

VU Sponsors