m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nice deal! I love finding bargains like that. :D
No finding required really, just ask the deli for a bag of meat ends and them know which meats you like, or you might end up with a bag of pimento loaf haha
I had major surgery in May (hysterectomy and bladder sling) and my healing was realllllly slow. In fact, I've still not bounced back fully but I am finally getting there--A couple weeks ago, some older women I know suggested I bump up my protein..
I LOVE protein as it is, I didn't know how I could possibly eat MORE, until the awesome lady at the deli suggested this. I'd always seen them offered just didn't realize how it all worked. I will always get them now, perfect snacking!!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No finding required really, just ask the deli for a bag of meat ends and them know which meats you like, or you might end up with a bag of pimento loaf haha
I had major surgery in May (hysterectomy and bladder sling) and my healing was realllllly slow. In fact, I've still not bounced back fully but I am finally getting there--A couple weeks ago, some older women I know suggested I bump up my protein..
I LOVE protein as it is, I didn't know how I could possibly eat MORE, until the awesome lady at the deli suggested this. I'd always seen them offered just didn't realize how it all worked. I will always get them now, perfect snacking!!

Well, yikes. o_O
Glad that you are recuperating...surgery isn't any fun at all.

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm about 150lbs at 47yo and like staying that way...

Wait.. How do you stay 47?? I wanna freeze my age now, it's already getting a bit outta my comfort zone!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wait.. How do you stay 47?? I wanna freeze my age now, it's already getting a bit outta my comfort zone!

Age is just a linear number system assigned to things so we can measure them through time. It's just a number. ;-)

I don't believe in getting old. Older, perhaps, but not old.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
No pictures but I had a nice bacon wrapped petite filet with some garlic and bacon mashed potatoes and some broccoli with butter and Parmesan cheese

And a cold beer:p

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Made Bacon & Eggs for breakfast...sort of. ;-)

Ingredients:
Pork & Bacon sausage, a seasoned Jumbo egg, diced onion and sweet pepper, sharp and cheddar cheeses, bacon mustard and whole wheat buns swiped with a tiny bit of mayo and garlic pepper and then pan-toasted. :)

I intended to make a normal patty out of it, but forgot that stuff likes to fall apart. So, it got incorporated into the scrambled egg instead.

VpsBeDNl.jpg

ndWsCRel.jpg

z4gKviDl.jpg

Sorry for the pic quality, I had to use my old camera from like 2004 because my Canon is not feeling too well.
Ended up having to Photoshop the images to death because the white balance and color levels was completely screwed. You can tell in the last pic...just not right....Ugh.

I have found a parts camera for like $15 on Ebay, so hopefully, I can fix it next month when I get paid..

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow, bacon mustard, never had that...is it as good as it sounds?

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Suppah's done!

One of my fave white trash gourmet creations. I make this one aaaaaa loooottttt.
ugyseguz.jpg

Hamburger Helper Crunchy Taco flavor, made with chicken breast, with added red beans, corn, Fritos in place of the shitty corn chips the box includes, and a ton of Sriracha (much more than what's showing in the pic haha)

Last edited:

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was at the state fair tonight. Had a pesto sicken and mozzarella crepe. Mighty tasty. Now I'm finishing up a fresh cinnamon roll with apples.
And i didn't cook nun of it.

saltsandsea

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh man!! Glad I found this!! We love to cook, hubs can throw down some BBQ and loves to compete.
Don't have a pic but we had pan seared medium - rare rib eyes with mushroom/onions. Boiled shrimp in old bay and crab legs with garlic/herb butter. Also a small side salad.
Food coma commenced.
Will post pics of the next adventure!

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I need to try this. My usual goto is either spaghetti and Chilli or lazy man's chicken parm. (Frozen chicken strip with sauce and cheese). Now that I'm a bachelor I don't get too into cooking.

Suppah's done!

One of my fave white trash gourmet creations. I make this one aaaaaa loooottttt.
ugyseguz.jpg

Hamburger Helper Crunchy Taco flavor, made with chicken breast, with added red beans, corn, Fritos in place of the shitty corn chips the box includes, and a ton of Sriracha (much more than what's showing in the pic haha)

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I need to try this. My usual goto is either spaghetti and Chilli or lazy man's chicken parm. (Frozen chicken strip with sauce and cheese). Now that I'm a bachelor I don't get too into cooking.

I'm usually lazy (not to mention at home in my tiny apartment I have literally 2 inches of couter space so no space to cook), so I like to take trashy boxed things and just add more thing to it to pretend I cooked something. ;) You should definitely give this a try, it's yummerz!

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Staying in NJ a bit longer so I can go to the opening of Ecig Outpost's 2nd location on Friday! So, I had to cook an actual dinner to bribe the boyfie. (He hates driving haha)

azazara8.jpg

Chicken breast stuffed with broccoli and 4 cheese blend (asiago, parmesan, romano, and American) breaded in panko crumbs with adobo, garlic powder, chopped onion, and oregano. Scalloped taters from a box, & peas.
Burned it just a tad, looks worse than it tastes. Never claimed to be Julia Child, after all.

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm probably having Red Baron pizza or a packet or two of Easy mac as the 2nd member of the house is out doing errands and visiting her cousin and 3rd house member is in AZ til saturday and I don't feel like take out again or putting up an effort.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dinner here...Mexican from stuff I had lying around.

Had a lonely El Monterey Beef & Bean Chimi, so I decided to fancy it up a bit. Fried it up in leftover bacon fat with a bit of veg oil added so it wouldn't scorch. Also sautéed up some onion, orange hab and smashed garlic that been sprinkled with S&P and Mexican Oregano.

Bowl has leftover veggie rice I made plus about a Tbls. of the Spicy Meat Filling I'd made the other day.

rXeAJQil.jpg

Gotta get it browned on all side eh?

h3G3Z9cl.jpg

The sauteed hab/onion/garlic "salsa". Onions, habs and garlic getting all nice and sweet and tasty.

P8X2WeMl.jpg

The results:

A dollop of sour cream and the salsa for the Chimi...mmmmm.

uyn4Syql.jpg

lhGmmOOl.jpg

AiXFqiwl.jpg

Added cheddar cheese and crushed Taco Doritos for some fun on the Beefy Rice.
Yeah, I got a bit fancy with the plating, but it all tasted good anyways. :D

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Tonight it's a steak, with zucchini boats and maybe a baked potato

bilde

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ugh, I have gotten a bit behind here...here's the recent goodies....

Today's breakfast: homemade hashbrowns with maple sausage, onion and Serrano pepper. Served up with a nice egg on toasted sourdough muffin and sharp cheese bits on everything. :)

mfkuhJhl.jpg

yOxdeool.jpg

Last night's late snack: A tasty sandwich of smoked turkey, dijon mustard, cheddar cheese, lettuce and a jalapeno/ginger/onion mayo sauce on Sourdough French bread.
5AUq9iHl.jpg

4ZNbh5Vl.jpg

FeiVdS0l.jpg

Some bigger food: An Italian style pasta with smoked sausage, sweet peppers, chile flakes, onions, garlic, basil and egg noodles cooked in a sauce of beef stock and tomato paste watered down. Yes, I cooked a lonely hotdog in the pot as well...saved on electric and gives it a nice flavor.

EV1axzIl.jpg

Made enough for a 3lb container...Ill be munching on this for awhile. =)

MY72kUwl.jpg

Pretty in the sunlight, eh?

fbUgnahl.jpg

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Don't forget the FUCK IT! I like extra.

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
love the new av.....lots of 'tude. :)
Ty, ty. I was on my way to a sorta mini vape meet yesterday and realized no one would recognize me so I snapped the pic in the car and made it my av. They still didn't recognize me, but that's ok we had fun.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ty, ty. I was on my way to a sorta mini vape meet yesterday and realized no one would recognize me so I snapped the pic in the car and made it my av. They still didn't recognize me, but that's ok we had fun.

sometimes it's not a bad thing to not be recognized. just sayin....dread-smiley.gif

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Smoothies at almost midnight...I was going to have a can of p̶e̶a̶c̶h̶e̶s̶ - pears...and then I read 'smoothie recipe' on the back of said can of pears.
1 can undrained pears (del-monte lite syrup halved pears)
2 large spoonfulls kroger private selection blood orange sorbet
2 very large scoops neutral flavored icecream. We have schwan's French vanilla bean icecream - I used that.
8 ice cubes - ours are put out by the icemaker
2 clumps black raspberries - frozen. Uh maybe 1/4 cup ish...

So its more of a gastronomic guess job than a recipe but its quite good. it would be better with alcohol I'm sure...or something...I thought about putting maple syrup in it but since I was sharing I opted to skip it.

Its a light creamy, fruity...thing. Its also mostly purpleish-gray in color - orange + purple = complementary colors = gray I would decrease the vanilla in favor of either another can of pears or maybe strawberries or strawberry icecream. I'm not fond of vanilla, and that kills too much of the other flavors.

No pics because my phone is in the car and I'm lazy, also (burp)...there's none left to photograph.

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Frozen Indian food or frozen Mexican food. Which will it be? Gah. Nothing sounds good.
I had taco-hell because it was on the way home and meant I could eat and drive and accomplish 2 things at once, eliminating "eat" from my todo list when I got home.

Ace

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Eat isn't supposed to be a to do. Although sometimes I'm just way too lazy to care

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Smoothies at almost midnight...I was going to have a can of p̶e̶a̶c̶h̶e̶s̶ - pears...and then I read 'smoothie recipe' on the back of said can of pears.
1 can undrained pears (del-monte lite syrup halved pears)
2 large spoonfulls kroger private selection blood orange sorbet
2 very large scoops neutral flavored icecream. We have schwan's French vanilla bean icecream - I used that.
8 ice cubes - ours are put out by the icemaker
2 clumps black raspberries - frozen. Uh maybe 1/4 cup ish...

So its more of a gastronomic guess job than a recipe but its quite good. it would be better with alcohol I'm sure...or something...I thought about putting maple syrup in it but since I was sharing I opted to skip it.

Its a light creamy, fruity...thing. Its also mostly purpleish-gray in color - orange + purple = complementary colors = gray I would decrease the vanilla in favor of either another can of pears or maybe strawberries or strawberry icecream. I'm not fond of vanilla, and that kills too much of the other flavors.

No pics because my phone is in the car and I'm lazy, also (burp)...there's none left to photograph.
That Private Selection is actually really good stuff. Especially for a store brand. I have 4 of those little tubs in my freezer.

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
1/4 cup sugar for 8 slices... wow.
But hell HH. You had me at bacon.

This is actually a bday gift for TOH, but I already accidentally sampled a few...it's really good and super easy. Anything is good with bacon.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Been too damn hot to cook. In the mid-to-high 90s all week. Supposed to break 100F today...
animated-smileys-weather-006.gif

I did pull some pickled/curried potatoes and green beans out of their brine, that I'd made some time ago. Sort of like a sweet 'n sour curry vegetable.

v1zjVpOl.jpg

VU Sponsors