Become a Patron!

The Good Old Times

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'If you know who this is your joints hurt in the morning'

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Ive been watchin hollywood remakes and their originals lately.

I know i might get hammered for saying this but true grit, jeff bridges played the role of rooster cogburn better than john wayne. It just wasnt a good part for him imho, pilgrim.

The newer gone in 60 secs was better movie than the original too, i thought

(Im not denying how much more difficult these movies were to make back in the day, just that it was less chaotic, better movie i thought)

I just learned the day the earth stood still (with keanu reeves) was a remake too. Im looking foward to seeing that original.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How about this....the vintage of it is unsure...sometime in the 1960s though.
Handcrafted out of Beechwood. You can see the minor imperfections in the dovetail joints...

20230916_190748.jpg

A conical burr fully adjustable hand-powered coffee grinder...comparable electric crap nowadays is like 200 bucks. I got that for $35.

Power goes out, I can still grind me up some beans... :)

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Remember the old "weed slingers"? Good old fashioned American steel with a wooden handle. I got one probably a decade ago at a yard sale. The wood was splintered, and too short for me with my back problems.

I fixed that. My idea made it lighter, taller, and more ergonomic, making it easier to use. Still I only use it when the weeds get tall, and there is not enough to bother getting out the mower or weedeater.

20230918_153931.jpg

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Remember the old "weed slingers"? Good old fashioned American steel with a wooden handle. I got one probably a decade ago at a yard sale. The wood was splintered, and too short for me with my back problems.

I fixed that. My idea made it lighter, taller, and more ergonomic, making it easier to use. Still I only use it when the weeds get tall, and there is not enough to bother getting out the mower or weedeater.
I never had one of those type, but Dad had a big scythe that I was never to even go near...hehe...

sythe.JPG

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I've done it. It isn't hard. I inherited one of those popcorn machines made to look like a miniature of the big popcorn carts in movie theatres, but I gave it to a friend. I was going to sell it in her garage sale I was participating in, but she went apeshit for it, so I let her have it.

Never wanted to own a microwave, so whenever I have occasion to make popcorn I do it on the stove.

You still see Jiffy Pop in the stores too, the stovetop kind with the handle.

VU Sponsors