Become a Patron!

The Good Old Times

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Who remembers the 1957 ford retractable hardtop?

May be an image of barn door

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Madge! Even without the name on her dress, I knew.

Isn't that sad? They were such an institution. And FUNNY? Nobody funnier than Jack and Chrissy.
Who remembers the 1957 ford retractable hardtop?

May be an image of barn door

I wasn't born until 1957, so I guess I missed these, but Rich remembers them. :)

Raises hand sheepishly from the back corner of the room...

Wow I didn't know they came with a plastic tader now :facepalm:

May be an image of toy and text

And it was a good thing potatoes were relatively cheap back then, so Mom could give us some just to play with.

Me! Then my brother got an all aluminum one for his birthday (nobody would give a slingshot to a kid for his birthday nowadays!), and I was so envious. His shot a lot straighter than mine, and it didn't break when you pulled back too hard.

All through school, even high school. Rich told me that now not only do schools not say the Pledge of Allegiance, but they don't even have a flag in the corner of each school room. What the hell is happening to our country? (That's a rhetorical question.)

Those were so awful, we loved them! We'd put those together for slumber parties and thought we were great cooks! ROFL!

Who remembers?

May be an image of 3 people

Lassie! At Thanksgiving!

I do not remember this, but it kinda looks like one of those dimwits on the Andy Griffith show. Kinda sounds like one of the dimwits' songs, too, but I don't remember it.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wasn't born until 1957, so I guess I missed these, but Rich remembers them. :)
They were sharp cars, shame the idea was short lived

Raises hand sheepishly from the back corner of the room...
:giggle: I think we all did back in the day

And it was a good thing potatoes were relatively cheap back then, so Mom could give us some just to play with.
Yes shame things have changed

All through school, even high school. Rich told me that now not only do schools not say the Pledge of Allegiance, but they don't even have a flag in the corner of each school room. What the hell is happening to our country? (That's a rhetorical question.)
Yes it's turned into a strange world, it blows me away to think it has turned into what it is now, wish I lived way out in the woods

Lassie! At Thanksgiving!
Winner
I do not remember this, but it kinda looks like one of those dimwits on the Andy Griffith show. Kinda sounds like one of the dimwits' songs, too, but I don't remember it.

Yes that was from Andy Griffith

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Who remembers

May be an image of 1 person, rearview mirror and road

"In the 1960s and 1970s, hitchhiking was a common way to get around for those who didn’t have a car or were too young to drive. Sticking out your thumb often led to a ride from a kind stranger, embodying the era's carefree and adventurous spirit. While hitchhiking seems unthinkable today, it once symbolized the freedom and trust that defined the open road then

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reddit Exile
Who remembers

May be an image of 1 person, rearview mirror and road

"In the 1960s and 1970s, hitchhiking was a common way to get around for those who didn’t have a car or were too young to drive. Sticking out your thumb often led to a ride from a kind stranger, embodying the era's carefree and adventurous spirit. While hitchhiking seems unthinkable today, it once symbolized the freedom and trust that defined the open road then
you used to catch a ride from a chariot jimmi

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reddit Exile
you used to catch a ride from a chariot jimmi
onmy bucks night i had around 15 guys stayed overnight at my house sleeping everywhere, in the morning they were still sleeping. i got in my car and drove around 80 miles to something i had to do. i parked the car went to lock it and fell on the floor shaking! my friend had got of the back seat where he had slept all noight and asked where the hell we were!!

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reddit Exile
and they all wore skirts not jeans,boots and baseball caps and they more than likely did not think it was illegal to have body hair! therefore they are classed as females aka endangered species!

VU Sponsors