We still do...

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Tobacco pipe tool

I still have my class ring. 1975 David Douglas High School. I almost didn't get it. Back then, it was over $70.00 (it's real gold), and my mom almost nixed the whole deal. :)

And yeah, those rolling towel things. They were always WET and had spots of grease and "whatever" on them. But that was all there was, so that's what you had to use.

The pipe tool stumped me. I didn't know anyone that had one, and until today I had never even seen one. Nifty looking little gadget, though!

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Incredible Mr. Limpet? I never watched it. I've never been a Don Knotts fan for some reason. I didn't even like him when I was a kid, I don't know why. I guess most people like him, though. :)

The Hershey's syrup, though, I make that when I need some. 1/2 cup cocoa (sifted), 1 cup water, 1-1/2 cups sugar. I sift the cocoa into the sugar, then whisk it into the water. Heat while stirring until it boils, boil for exactly 3 minutes (set a timer), remove from heat and cool. When cool, add a splash of vanilla and a pinch of salt. Makes enough to almost fill a pint canning jar, and it's every bit as good as the old stuff used to be. :)

I can't have sugar much anymore because it gives me the itsies, but when I need some chocolate, it's a quick fix.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We called those "gauze" shirts. Maybe it was a regional thing. I LOVED them, though! So cool and comfortable in the summer. I wish I still had some.
I am surprised they don't bring some of the old comfy clothes back, I think that style looks good on women

VU Sponsors