Become a Patron!

The Good Old Times

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK a few days ago I posted about Thanksgivin startin this thread well this is the part of Thanksgivin that did it

994f074f1197d22501d4d70f27cac8cf.jpg

All my life I had always seen Wizard of Oz come on on Thanksgivin day and just a few years ago they quit and havin my soapbox handy I thought I would start this thread in protest :rolleyes: Yes I know:facepalm::giggle:
that's sad you know they don't play (Alice's Restaurant) anymore either right??

Lannie

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
that's sad you know they don't play (Alice's Restaurant) anymore either right??

They DON'T?? When I lived back in Portland, everything came to a screeching halt at noon on Thanksgiving day so we could listen to Alice's Restaurant. 27 minutes long, if I remember right. We don't get any rock stations here where we live now (just one talk radio station), so I haven't heard it in 20 years, but that's sad to know they don't play it anymore.

I remember those cigars, weren't those bubble gum or something? I would never have thought of them again in my whole life if I hadn't seen the picture. They were either gum or some kind of candy.

And those plastic chaise lounges. We still have two of those. We're both so old now we can't get out of them anymore, so we can't use them, but we still have 'em, LOL!

VU Sponsors