Become a Patron!

The Merlin RTA by Augvape and Roxy

Boden

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
May I suggest a fancy build competition. Roxy can judge. Winner gets admiration and respect and other things that don't cost any money.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
:huh:

:giggle:

Tea all over iPad and floor. Check :D

Don't worry Roxy, the stiffness is just right :teehee:

As long as it was satisfying ;)

May I suggest a fancy build competition. Roxy can judge. Winner gets admiration and respect and other things that don't cost any money.

I probably win with that coil Raymo sent me :D It could be jewelry! Now can I, the world's worst photographer, manage a photo that does it justice? I'm running that coil at 75W! And oh my goodness, is it a yummy vape!

rolf 2

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
anybody tried a chimney coil ?
just made one and not to happy with it . when releasing the fire botton I have to ceep sucking for two seconds to cool the coil down .
otherwise it just ceeps crackeling along . its harder to wick to . will play with wicking some more but so far not to encouraging

beshig

Member For 4 Years
273633466bc5948233d62df83cef6707.jpg

Merlin #84 reporting in. 26/36K1 clapton at 52.5 watts, gotta finish this tank and get a fused clapton in ASAP. Love it, awesome job again Roxy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
HA! The little bastard does ALL of those things! :) I split a thumbnail a lil on one once! :cuss2:

Yes, it does! I've had so many RTAs now that the ones who annoy me get easily sold, traded or piffed. I do also prefer they hold at least 4ml of juice, but the GM is a cute little guy. I did think the lever to reduce airhole size was quite clever.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Mine was shipped on Thursday but is stuck in NY customs waiting to come to Canada. Will get it late this week if I am lucky!!!

Where did you order yours?

petemoss

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I ordered a Merlin two days ago and still haven't received an email that it shipped. STS must be backed up a bit. FT had only black Boreas for $22 and change so I ordered that too. Amazing what we can get for $30-40 now, glass tank, top fill, and air/juice control options. I feel like a kid in the candy store!

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I ordered a Merlin two days ago and still haven't received an email that it shipped. STS must be backed up a bit. FT had only black Boreas for $22 and change so I ordered that too. Amazing what we can get for $30-40 now, glass tank, top fill, and air/juice control options. I feel like a kid in the candy store!

Merlins have been back to preorder since Saturday at least. They are supposed to ship out sometime later this week.

petemoss

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Merlins have been back to preorder since Saturday at least. They are supposed to ship out sometime later this week.

Hmm when I ordered, the STS website said something like "71 units in stock". Guess they forgot to update the stock situation.

TheKiddVapes

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I heard possibly Friday, they are hung up in customs but if they come in early enough Friday they will ship them Friday....

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hmm when I ordered, the STS website said something like "71 units in stock". Guess they forgot to update the stock situation.

Go look again. That's what's left of the stock they ordered that's coming in this week. He got 50 stainless Friday, but those sold out. He has 50 more stainless and 100 black coming in this week :)

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
He was in quite a hurry to be first. He didn't even wash it :)

He so reminds me of someone I know, lol.

Salt of the earth guy - but my word - he wouldn't wash an atty first either :0

At least something is out there and he likes it, that makes me happy.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
What ohm is that space coil btw? I kept meaning to ask and am too lazy to comb through this thread to find the info

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am about as skilled at building coils as I am at flying a 747. Is this tank a good choice for one who is "building" challenged like I am? I'm a MTL'er and like single coils.
This tank comes with a prebuilt coil, so if you're okay with using them, it'll be a breeze to install just about any premade coil you can find. The velocity style connections are considered the easiest type of posts to build on. The only trick will be getting the cotton just right. It's just a matter of finding the amount of cotton that works best with your coil and juice. It may take a little trial and error the first day or two, but once you find what works with your vape style, it will become second nature in no time.

If you have any questions or difficulties once you have the tank just ask for advice here and piles of people will rush to help you get it just right.

BulletStopper

Member For 4 Years
I am about as skilled at building coils as I am at flying a 747. Is this tank a good choice for one who is "building" challenged like I am? I'm a MTL'er and like single coils.
I like and use simple builds and am a MTL vaper.

8 wraps 28 ga, 2.5 inter diameter. Comes out to 1.5 ohms.

This is one of the easiest mounting decks I've used. Didn't even feel like I needed 3 hands.
I didn't either. Maybe the black one when it gets here.
I get too excited.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors