117.4 KB · Views: 29

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I just posted an AWESOME REVIEW OF THE MERLIN..
its really truly AWESOME.

bit.ly/merlinrta

subscribe, like, comment.. or jus stop by!

I'd love to see another review after you've put it through the paces -

And I also love that you didn't spend a lot of time rambling about this and that - you cut to the chase which is so missing on youtube reviews :)

F

fckaugust8th

The Merlin is a really, really nice RTA, very easy to built. It is good MTL but it was still just a little too airy/ not restrictive enough for my taste. Please note, I said for my taste, most everyone else was fine with the "plug" and AFC closed somewhat. My solution is a 2mm ID vertical coil. Fused clapton SS wire 30gx2 wrapped with 38g SS wire. In TC at 400 deg F, 0.52 ohms I can chain vape it without any problems. I am liking the Merlin RTA even more now! Life is good:vino:
I get a little spit back, I just need to work on it a little but it has a lot of potential. Merlin is a worthwhile purchase. Flavor is almost on par with Boreas, but the Merlin is much thriftier on juice:D

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congrats Roxy, looks like you're rocking another winner :)

I think I'm going to have to try one of these. The 4ml is a bit on the small side for me, but I really like the whole concept and a slightly smaller tank might not be such a bad idea
JC_ThankYou.gif

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Still vaping it , have been all afternoon. I refill so far. Forgot about the little oring on top and when I screwed the tank top on, I did not notice that the oring was not where it should. I was trying to tighten it down and flooded it...

Did not loose too much liquid, was easy to fix. DOH.

0020_zpshscc6td0.jpg

Ohwatafool

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I can't seem to get the motivation to play with my new iJoy Limitless RDTA, and it's Merlin's fault. That and I'm trying to order a drip tip for the stupid thing before I put anymore effort into it.

Loving the Merlin still! I've not had any issues with the build I originally put it so I've just been cleaning, burning, re-wicking, and swapping flavors. Wicking seems to be very forgiving for the way I'm using it. I haven't gone with more cotton, but have gone with less without issue. I only ever get bubbles from 1 JFC hole which has been bothering me since I've conditioned myself to puff and look for bubbles, but no issues with dry cotton. Even with a good chain vape.

Flavor of all of my juices are as they should be. I've been impressed that the 90vg juice I put in kept up just as well as the 80 and 70vg.

I never lay my mod sideways, but I do put it in my cargo pants pocket (yes I wear cargo pants, they're comfortable and convenient and my wife hasn't threatened to leave me over them yet) without any juice drops or weepy seams on the atty bottom or top cap. I've had no issues re-filling, but I still do my Serpent method of holding the tank upside down after I get the top cap threads to catch and leaving it upside down until I have the JFC back open.

Boden

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Technical note: I'm using 60/40 pg/vg and running the wick tails all the way to the bottom of the little wells on the deck. Basically covering the feed holes as if I was wicking my Hurricane tanks. Works perfectly

I'm cutting the tails so that 12mm of cotton is sticking out the side of the coil before I tuck them in.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I can't seem to get the motivation to play with my new iJoy Limitless RDTA, and it's Merlin's fault. That and I'm trying to order a drip tip for the stupid thing before I put anymore effort into it.

Loving the Merlin still! I've not had any issues with the build I originally put it so I've just been cleaning, burning, re-wicking, and swapping flavors. Wicking seems to be very forgiving for the way I'm using it. I haven't gone with more cotton, but have gone with less without issue. I only ever get bubbles from 1 JFC hole which has been bothering me since I've conditioned myself to puff and look for bubbles, but no issues with dry cotton. Even with a good chain vape.

Flavor of all of my juices are as they should be. I've been impressed that the 90vg juice I put in kept up just as well as the 80 and 70vg.

I never lay my mod sideways, but I do put it in my cargo pants pocket (yes I wear cargo pants, they're comfortable and convenient and my wife hasn't threatened to leave me over them yet) without any juice drops or weepy seams on the atty bottom or top cap. I've had no issues re-filling, but I still do my Serpent method of holding the tank upside down after I get the top cap threads to catch and leaving it upside down until I have the JFC back open.

You don't have to flip it after refilling :)

Bubbles out one juice hole is normal :) They tend to come out the side that was higher when you tilted it to vape because air is lighter than juice.

mamutsis

Member For 4 Years
I cancelled my order from 3f a couple of days ago because ft had the map coupon running for the merlin but ... I missed it. Well i will wait for a week before i order again just in case the coupon is back, not really a problem because i will get it eventually accompanied with a bachelor nano.

Στάλθηκε από το HM NOTE 1W μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

dshuld

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Do any of you that have your merlin already have a noisy cricket? Curious if it fits on it without a heat sink.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I think we are on our second delay. At first we heard that they would arrive Monday, then Wednesday, and now Friday.
Normal China delivery stuff.

I'm sure there was a reason, but I don't know what it was.

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Sorry it was pushed back a few days. Could have been a lot of things...glass, o rings, insulators, the finish process.

F

fckaugust8th

Checking for you because we made a change on the final one.
You are the absolute best! Thank you.
I did put a 2 mm ID vertical coil in the Merlin and it was more restricted but the little devil keeps spitting hot juice at me and my tongue had enough!:cuss2::gaah: I will give it a whirl as a DL tank and see how that goes. Admittedly, I didn't work too much with the vertical coil, I'm just in too much hurry to use the tank. I really like the design and the versatility it offers.

VU Sponsors