Become a Patron!

The Official #HandCheck Thread

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not as nice as the rest of the pics. Stuck in bed with covid but I did figure out that the threading on the supbox is the same as the nemesis. 18500 extension installed.
89abef8f9db9a6e5f18780e0a3b96169.jpg

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not as nice as the rest of the pics. Stuck in bed with covid but I did figure out that the threading on the supbox is the same as the nemesis. 18500 extension installed.
89abef8f9db9a6e5f18780e0a3b96169.jpg

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk
Damn man, bummer. How are you feeling? And get better soon!

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Today the Nikola squonk mod with the Thunderhead Creations Tauren something-or-other-thingymabob RDTA lol. It's a really great squonk RDTA and even without the BF pin it's an awesome tank

View attachment 173057
I think I smile every time you show this mod because I knew I chose a great person to give it to.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I think I smile every time you show this mod because I knew I chose a great person to give it to.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
You da bestest! LYF and I couldn't of wished for a more perfect dual battery regulated squonk. It is the perfect size for me. :)

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Decided to do a little mesh vape this evening. This Themis is still king for me. The Zeus comes close, very close. But the themis is a bit quieter and I like that. Looks wise, I like the zeus a little better. The themis is a tall bugger. Both great tanks though.

IMG_20201113_222922763.jpg

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Decided to focus on this monochrome combo today: A Haku Vienna on my Anita squonk mod.

P1040644.jpg

Big 21700 battery squonker, a nice bottle, and it'll last most all day with a 0.55 ohm build at 30W for College Football watching. Incredibly lightweight too but feels nice. I don't want to be holding a big hunk of 58 degree metal right now...it's only about 40F outside. ?

Last edited:

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Going all out this evening. Got the dual mesh series deck going on with some of my custard.

Say has anyone here had one of those Lasimo F4 mods? I was thinking I should look for one as it will hold this big boy without any overhang. I have read mixed stuff about that mod though, so never pulled the trigger on one. That's if they are even still out there to be had. lol

I have the Lost Vape Drone that does hold it pretty well, but that's a squonk mod.

IMG_20201115_155429606.jpg

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Say has anyone here had one of those Lasimo F4 mods? I was thinking I should look for one as it will hold this big boy without any overhang. I have read mixed stuff about that mod though, so never pulled the trigger on one. That's if they are even still out there to be had. lol
Try the steamcrave titan 1.5 PWM mod. Very reliable and fits up to 40 NP. Here it is with the 30mm Asgarde which looks small on top ... Lots of room for a bigger atty ....

Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 11.11.07 PM.png

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Try the steamcrave titan 1.5 PWM mod. Very reliable and fits up to 40 NP. Here it is with the 30mm Asgarde which looks small on top ... Lots of room for a bigger atty ....

View attachment 173164
Ya, I know of that one :) and I simply can not get past that fire button but thank you for the suggestion. I could of had one for $40 and I passed. I had the OG one but PIF'd it over to a buddy. No regrets either ( Just so he knows ) lol.

I have been working with Steam Crave for , oh gosh I think maybe 4 years now? Not everyone knows that though. First time I saw the renderings for that mod, I was like what in the world is with that fire button, but you know, people do seem to love it. I wasn't on the testing team for that one but got sneak peeks of it as it was being worked on and tested

Last edited:

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ya, I know of that one :) and I simply can not get past that fire button but thank you for the suggestion. I could of had one for $40 and I passed. I had the OG one but PIF'd it over to a buddy. No regrets either ( Just so he knows ) lol.

I have been working with Steam Crave for , oh gosh I think maybe 4 years now? Not everyone knows that though. First time I saw the renderings for that mod, I was like what in the world is with that fire button, but you know, people do seem to love it. I wasn't on the testing team for that one but got sneak peeks of it as it was being worked on and tested
Well there is the Hadron too ;)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Going all out this evening. Got the dual mesh series deck going on with some of my custard.

I have the Lost Vape Drone that does hold it pretty well, but that's a squonk mod.

View attachment 173148

About the F4 Laisimo, I think that company is part of Sigelei, and I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. I have now totally given up on Sigelei.

Bought an Evaya 66 a couple of years ago from Eightvape, it died after a couple of months and Sig's customer service wouldn't help me with it at all.

Bought a second one from Element Vape four or five months ago, and now that one is dead, too.

So as I say, my money is going toward nothing related to Sigelei any more. There are other, better choices.

Heck, I think my Voopoo X217 would hold a 30mm atty with no problem. $39.99 at Wetvapes, if they still have them in stock. It's a beautiful mod and works great except for the clock. For some reason, every time I turn it on, the clock gets set to 8:00. That could be operator error, I don't know.

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
About the F4 Laisimo, I think that company is part of Sigelei, and I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole. I have now totally given up on Sigelei.

Bought an Evaya 66 a couple of years ago from Eightvape, it died after a couple of months and Sig's customer service wouldn't help me with it at all.

Bought a second one from Element Vape four or five months ago, and now that one is dead, too.

So as I say, my money is going toward nothing related to Sigelei any more. There are other, better choices.

Heck, I think my Voopoo X217 would hold a 30mm atty with no problem. $39.99 at Wetvapes, if they still have them in stock. It's a beautiful mod and works great except for the clock. For some reason, every time I turn it on, the clock gets set to 8:00. That could be operator error, I don't know.
The Voopoo X217 will definitely take a 30, slightly more. That's a 30mm VC Trilogy on there. And my clock works.

You might take a look at the VC Odin (DNA or non) but it will max out at 30mm. See pics below.

BTW, both great mods.

30 on X217.jpg

30 on Odin.jpg

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Took a monday off :bingo: check
View attachment 173179

You lucky devil. I sure wish I had the day off. As soon as I checked my e-mail this morning, I had more mess than I care to deal with all day.

I think I need a brass Nashed Admiral to use my brass Goon on.

22mm SS Kennedy (the competition model, I think; airflow is completely different from my other Kennedy) I got from @Hobag looks and works great on my Timekeeper.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You lucky devil. I sure wish I had the day off. As soon as I checked my e-mail this morning, I had more mess than I care to deal with all day.

I think I need a brass Nashed Admiral to use my brass Goon on.

22mm SS Kennedy (the competition model, I think; airflow is completely different from my other Kennedy) I got from @Hobag looks and works great on my Timekeeper.
Sorry about the work :( I need a copper goon to go with this. While I like the Coilart mage plenty, It's no goon. If I could find a 25mm og goon.........
Not sure what you mean on the Kennedy. AF is proprietary no?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
The Voopoo X217 will definitely take a 30, slightly more. That's a 30mm VC Trilogy on there. And my clock works.

You might take a look at the VC Odin (DNA or non) but it will max out at 30mm. See pics below.

BTW, both great mods.

View attachment 173177

View attachment 173178

I have an Odin on the way from VC, but it's the 100W model. Couldn't pass it up for the price. I was there getting an Imp RDA that I've wanted for weeks now, and both items were on sale.

I said I was through shopping for vape gear, but hell, how many times have we all said that? I also bought another Aegis Max and some Voopoo PNP coils from eliquid.com yesterday because they have a 37% off sale going on now. Got the Aegis for something like $28. I should post that discount code in the Black Friday thread that Pami started. Over time they've switched most of their devices to pods, but they do have a few mods. MTL folks would like the kit they have there that has the Nautilus GT tank on it.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Sorry about the work :( I need a copper goon to go with this. While I like the Coilart mage plenty, It's no goon. If I could find a 25mm og goon.........
Not sure what you mean on the Kennedy. AF is proprietary no?
The first Kennedy I got was a clone that was gifted to me by a member here, 25mm 2-post, and it's like this, with airflow coming from the oval slot on the side directly into the tubes inside:

1605543553538.png

The one I got from @Hobag is 22mm, 3-post, and it's like this, airflow coming from slots in the bottom of the atty, into holes on the base and directly into the tubes:

1605543746332.png

Everywhere I can find pics of this type of Kennedy, it's called a competition model. SXK apparently at one time did make a clone of this style.

And by the way, the airflow on the Voopoo Pericles is damn near identical to the airflow on the 25mm Kennedy I showed up top. That Pericles is a really good RDA. It has the good airflow of the Kennedy plus posts that are easier to build on, kind of a modified velocity-type deck.

Last edited:

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

BTW, both great mods.

View attachment 173177

View attachment 173178
I have it on the Odin right now, this tank is 41mm :) but I really like the Odin. It's not the DNA version as I didn't need all that. Plain and simple here. For me, it works and was a fair bit cheaper

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The first Kennedy I got was a clone that was gifted to me by a member here, 25mm 2-post, and it's like this, with airflow coming from the oval slot on the side directly into the tubes inside:

View attachment 173180

The one I got from @Hobag is 22mm, 3-post, and it's like this, airflow coming from slots in the bottom of the atty, into holes on the base and directly into the tubes:

View attachment 173181

Everywhere I can find pics of this type of Kennedy, it's called a competition model. SXK apparently at one time did make a clone of this style.

And by the way, the airflow on the Voopoo Pericles is damn near identical to the airflow on the 25mm Kennedy I showed up top. That Pericles is a really good RDA. It has the good airflow of the Kennedy plus posts that are easier to build on, kind of a modified velocity-type deck.
Hmm, never heard of or seen one like your 22mm. Is it more restricted that style vs the 25 style? Seems it would be.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have an Odin on the way from VC, but it's the 100W model. Couldn't pass it up for the price. I was there getting an Imp RDA that I've wanted for weeks now, and both items were on sale.

I said I was through shopping for vape gear, but hell, how many times have we all said that? I also bought another Aegis Max and some Voopoo PNP coils from eliquid.com yesterday because they have a 37% off sale going on now. Got the Aegis for something like $28. I should post that discount code in the Black Friday thread that Pami started. Over time they've switched most of their devices to pods, but they do have a few mods. MTL folks would like the kit they have there that has the Nautilus GT tank on it.
I have the 100W Odin and it is lovely. Perfect hand feel and holds a 30mm

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Hmm, never heard of or seen one like your 22mm. Is it more restricted that style vs the 25 style? Seems it would be.

It actually feels like it has a tiny bit more air than the 25mm. From what I read in the descriptions I found yesterday, it was built to have more air. BUT at the time, the original Kennedy had only one hole on each side of the bottom, and the comp had two, so it was more airy than the one it was being compared to then. I think these Kennedys with the holes in the bottom are fairly old, but Kennedy still has an atty they call the "Gremlin" that has the single holes in the bottom.

The 22mm Kennedy feels fairly restricted, though, compared to a Goon with the air wide open.

VU Sponsors