Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have the 100W Odin and it is lovely. Perfect hand feel and holds a 30mm

That's great to know. Thank you! I'm looking forward to getting both it and the RDA I ordered. It's kind of a throwback for me, a single coil but looks like it has really good construction and I just liked the look of the deck. It also has nice looking etching on the cap.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I'll be dipped, you're right. Never would have tried that. No side overhang, the front starts to slope away ever so slightly but not bad at all.

Edit: Here's a pic @nadalama. I guess I should take that screen protector off.
View attachment 173187

That's the gunmetal finish? That's what I ordered. I love it!

I don't have any 30mm atomizers; will probably put a gunmetal Zeus X Mesh on the Odin. Then have to figure out what to put on my Centaurus. The Juggerknot Mini would look great, but I can't build that thing for shit and all I can get out of it are dry hits and burnt cotton.

I just tried a Hussar RTA on the Centaurus and it looks pretty good. I'll have to fiddle with it a little to get the temperature right. Might work, though.

Last edited:

marter

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's the gunmetal finish? That's what I ordered. I love it!

I don't have any 30mm atomizers; will probably put a gunmetal Zeus X Mesh on the Odin. Then have to figure out what to put on my Centaurus. The Juggerknot Mini would look great, but I can't build that thing for shit and all I can get out of it are dry hits and burnt cotton.

I just tried a Hussar RTA on the Centaurus and it looks pretty good. I'll have to fiddle with it a little to get the temperature right. Might work, though.
Actually that was the black one but the lighting wasn't great. Here's a comparison of black and gun metal but again lighting is critical, not great here. It's not quite as grey as the pic shows, but it's close.

BTW, I'm really enjoying the QP Gata RTA, (the RTA on the black Odin) set up now for RDL but it comes with a different AF ring to shut it down to MTL. Haven't tried it but really like the Gata.

Odin minis.jpg

joha_wa_alhimar

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
These have been my dailies the past week or so.

b0e0ed0d34e0f45cdbcd875f3079906c.jpg

80d1fb7bcb4bc97abeadc4bad402791c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually that was the black one but the lighting wasn't great. Here's a comparison of black and gun metal but again lighting is critical, not great here. It's not quite as grey as the pic shows, but it's close.

BTW, I'm really enjoying the QP Gata RTA, (the RTA on the black Odin) set up now for RDL but it comes with a different AF ring to shut it down to MTL. Haven't tried it but really like the Gata.

View attachment 173189
I have a silver DNA mini on the way, which will give me three with the 2 black ones I already have. I'll probably sell or trade one of the black ones.

I love this mod.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use it MTL style often with thw other clear tank bottom fill (looks nicer IMHO) but will switch to top fill too. I like the flexibility. And no dry hits ever.

gatavert.png

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was really bored.

Dusted off the old Movkin Disguiser and stuck my Tsunami 24 on it.
With a old-school black chrome skull DT.

A B/W style photo seemed appropriate. ?

FAbxezbl.jpg

I like it. Still vapes nicely too. A frickin' heavy 'ol beast it is. :D

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Made an atty/mod protector thingy from an old instant coffee seal using a mech mod as a template, a pencil, scissors, and a hole punch. Not perfect, but works nicely. (The aluminum is plasticized)

KlbH6v7l.jpg

Wanted one this time because I'm trying out my first stabwood mod, an Asmodus Luna, for the first time and don't want to risk any damage. Haven't polished it yet, just finger-rubbed with a little bit of coconut oil for protection. Did make it prettier though not a polished smoothness. :)

Also trying out the Aspire Revvo Boost tank I got with my Feedlink kit on it So far, I'm liking it.

Vve3YEkl.jpg

1. Seems ya gotta use a bit of the 'genny tilt' method to keep the ARC coil saturated without over-squonking it. Looks like a fancy 'stovepipe' coil to me.

2. That foam(?) wicking in the ARC Coil sure reminds me of the old Blue Foam we used to rebuild cartomisers with.

I guess vaping really HAS come full circle! ?

P.S.: It vapes pretty damn amazing for a semi-mech sqounker setup, I'm impressed. And, it's gorgeous too.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Made an atty/mod protector thingy from an old instant coffee seal using a mech mod as a template, a pencil, scissors, and a hole punch. Not perfect, but works nicely. (The aluminum is plasticized)

KlbH6v7l.jpg

Wanted one this time because I'm trying out my first stabwood mod, an Asmodus Luna, for the first time and don't want to risk any damage. Haven't polished it yet, just finger-rubbed with a little bit of coconut oil for protection. Did make it prettier though not a polished smoothness. :)

Also trying out the Aspire Revvo Boost tank on it, so far, liking it.

Vve3YEkl.jpg

1. Seems ya gotta use a bit of the 'genny tilt' method to keep the ARC coil saturated without over-squonking it. Looks like a fancy 'stovepipe' coil to me.

2. That foam(?) wicking in the ARC Coil sure reminds me of the old Blue Foam we used to rebuild cartomisers with.

I guess vaping really HAS come full circle! ?

P.S.: It vapes pretty damn amazing for a mech sqounker setup, I'm impressed. And, it's gorgeous too.

I wish I had known you have a Luna. You are going to want a squonk refill bottle for that thing. Believe me, you are going to want one.

I have a white one like your black one, and then a blue & green stab one. They are right bitches to refill without a squonk refill bottle.

Work super-great with mesh RDAs, too.

The coconut oil made that thing look fantastic!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wish I had known you have a Luna. You are going to want a squonk refill bottle for that thing. Believe me, you are going to want one.

I have a white one like your black one, and then a blue & green stab one. They are right bitches to refill without a squonk refill bottle.

Yeah, I picked one up when they had that great sale at Asmodus awhile back.

Ah yes, I saw where the bottle wants to stick in there. Yup, it was tight.
Worst case, I''l just use one of my smaller gauge syringes and fill from the top...same concept. I also use syringe-topped bottles for reguler juise...lotta old tanks with pinhole filling here.

But, after rubbing some oil in the wood it went back in just fine...the wood is very dry and brittle when ya get it. I figured Coconut is essentially a tree nut oil, and pretty stable. I've used it mixed with beeswax for a non-toxic oil for cutting boards. It worked for now anyways. And TY! :)

I was dubious of the ARC coil, but it really works...kinda like in-between mesh and a conventional coil...you recall the old stovepipe coils eh? ;)

Last edited:

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Agreed...they are a must have for squonk. I have 10.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Agreed...they are a must have for squonk. I have 10.

Never seen the use of one really. I fill squonk bottles by hand pouring right from the juice bottle, after unscrewing the top off.

I just checked, and was able to pinch the bottle gently from the hole side and pull it down enough to get it out easily. When full...didn't lose a drop.

I don't ever take squonks outside and I have a lot of various blunt-needle syringes and similary topped bottles for filling things if needed. Wasn't long ago, most atties were bottom fill or deck-fill with a tiny fill port. Hell, I used CE2's...those damn things came with a needle-sized syringe to fill them.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah, I picked one up when they had that great sale at Asmodus awhile back.

Ah yes, I saw where the bottle wants to stick in there. Yup, it was tight.
Worst case, I''l just use one of my smaller gauge syringes and fill from the top...same concept. I also use syringe-topped bottles for reguler juise...lotta old tanks with pinhole filling here.

But, after rubbing some oil in the wood it went back in just fine...the wood is very dry and brittle when ya get it. I figured Coconut is essentially a tree nut oil, and pretty stable. I've used it mixed with beeswax for a non-toxic oil for cutting boards. It worked for now anyways. And TY! :)

I was dubious of the ARC coil, but it really works...kinda like in-between mesh and a conventional coil...you recall the old stovepipe coils eh? ;)

Are those the same as the regular Revvo coils? I bought my son a kit that had a Revvo tank in it, so I've seen those. That thing leaked all the juice out of itself the first time we filled it, so it's never been used again. It isn't one of the squonk tanks, though.

Coil looks sorta like a burner on a stove, though.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Are those the same as the regular Revvo coils? I bought my son a kit that had a Revvo tank in it, so I've seen those. That thing leaked all the juice out of itself the first time we filled it, so it's never been used again. It isn't one of the squonk tanks, though.

Coil looks sorta like a burner on a stove, though.

Well,, IDK, only had this one that came with the Feedlinks. the Revvo Boost Tank they call it.

Seems the same as the Mini, but is bottom-fill. Basically, it's an sRDTA, but no hanging wicks.
https://www.myvaporstore.com/Aspire-Feedlink-Revvo-Kit-p/ap-fee10.htm

Features and Specs for Aspire Revvo Boost Sub-Ohm Tank:

• Dimensions: 1-5/8" x 15/16"(Including Drip Tip and Threads)
  • Diameter: 24mm
  • Spring Loaded 510 Bottom Feeding Contact Pin
  • 2.0ml e-Liquid Capacity
  • Glass Tank
  • Bottom Fill Design (Through Squonk Pin)
  • Spitback Guard
  • Triple Airflow Slots
  • Top Adjustable Airflow Control Valve
  • Wide Bore Delrin Drip Cap
  • Utilizes Aspire Revvo Boost ARC Atomizer Heads for Variable Wattage
  • Includes (2) Revvo Boost ARC 0.10 - 0.14ohm Atomizer Head (Pre-installed) (Designed for 70 - 80 Watts)

It does not appear to have the spring-loaded refill cap like the regular tank...tried pushing on it, no budge. So, it's squonk-only I guess.

Here's the Aspire page for Revvo things.

I saturated the foam-wick-thing before I filled the tank and it's been squonking nicely. I do tilt the mod around just to be sure the tank gets the thing wet though. Old Genny habit anyways. ;)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    396.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 15
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Purge Mods Slam Piece
Awesome mod!
b9d63e11b0b12cd096bd49aed5b52a80.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away
Do you have any trouble with the "lock" and cup turning when tightening the battery cap? I'm having a hell of a time with that, then "feeling" if it is in lock or fire mode as I turn it?

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
I don't even use the lock, it's really hard to accidently fire the mod.
It's hard to turn with the battery tightened.
What I do is tighten the battery cap but not so right that you can't turn the lock. Then I turn the lock back until you feel it touch the part that locks it then tighten it up.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't even use the lock, it's really hard to accidently fire the mod.
It's hard to turn with the battery tightened.
What I do is tighten the battery cap but not so right that you can't turn the lock. Then I turn the lock back until you feel it touch the part that locks it then tighten it up.

Thanks. That's basically what i am doing, I'll have to play with it some more. I can't get a good feel for when it is out of lock mode. I'm not trying to use the lock either, pointless for me.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Thanks. That's basically what i am doing, I'll have to play with it some more. I can't get a good feel for when it is out of lock mode. I'm not trying to use the lock either, pointless for me.
8e496c9c117020c8f8c4a875567c12cc.jpg

1b47dc0059dad6f88ad216c575ab2f04.jpg

This next pic is where I put it just before I finally tighten the battery, doing that it puts the lock bar in the unlocked position when tightened.
30e09e2d317461c5db85c4293aa8c57a.jpg

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know if I have an absolute favorite squonker, but this teeny weeny little trnket shot up to the top of my list instantly. I ordered another one and three extra bottles. .65 build pulling a few amps and the Vapcell 18350 last a good while and hits fine. It's a direct output mosfet device. I took it apart to coat the board and was quite surprised. A nice clean, quality looking mosfet. SXK does it again.
yepper_cr.jpg

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks to a friend, my "Seahawks Mod", it is complete.
I really didn't want a spackle RDA like a Freakshow or such, this Galatek suits the size and shape of this oddball Sigelei mod perfectly, IMO. And I just happened to have matching DT that I'd never used. :D

ZiLL8Dv.jpg

go-hawks.png

VU Sponsors