Become a Patron!

The Official #HandCheck Thread

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm guessing the lines mean my screen or board is going to go??
Another thing to try is re-seating the ribbon cable on the board. Take the screen out, lay the cable on some firm surface and GENTLY use a pencil eraser with strokes away from the screen on each side of the end to possibly remove any oxidation that might have formed on those contacts.

Hold your finger on the cable while doing this so that the eraser pulls on your finger and not the connection to the screen.

If it were a laptop with something like this I'd push around on the bottom of the screen and see if it gets better or worse. If it does then re-seating that ribbon cable many times will fix it. At least for a while.

Of course you can't do that with a screen as small as the one in this mod, but the technology is the same.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Got an old Boxxer DNA squonk mod working except for the lines on the screen - it'll work for an out and about beater

I'm guessing the lines mean my screen or board is going to go??
21d294885610a6fde8681539d85db70e.jpg
88ce9272ba45be9395aa15a0166e35a9.jpg

Still can't put down the Atom w/ Blotto

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
8fe2ef13aacd3263ae4e8ab8512f4ee8.jpg

Seems like the screens on DNA mods would be pretty easy and cheap to replace. From what I've seen, there's just a connector that you plug in to replace it, IF you can get the mod apart to do it.

Just something to think about. I imagine you could get the part directly from Evolv. (?)

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seems like the screens on DNA mods would be pretty easy and cheap to replace. From what I've seen, there's just a connector that you plug in to replace it, IF you can get the mod apart to do it.

Just something to think about. I imagine you could get the part directly from Evolv. (?)
There is that :) Evolv seems to be outta the color screens alot of the time, but other places have them and they are inexpensive and pretty easy to replace. If you have it apart to clean the cable contacts you may as well put a new screen in there if you have one.

Bluenatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
This is one hefty little mod. Much heavier than it looks, but that doesn't bother me in the slightest. The Kali 28mm fits the larger top hat like a glove and vapes like a dream, just like it's smaller predecessor which is one of the best attys IMO.IMG_20201125_202019975~2.jpg

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Had a wonderful day with my wife and two daughters. Had some great (short) chats with both sets of parents as we dropped food off, and had a great zoom with all the fam on both sides. I am a lucky man with a lot to be thankful for. Including these two beastly beauties :););)
1606449195937469469900.jpg

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Boxxer is still working - I went to unscrew the rda and had to reinstall the 510... I tried taking it apart and hooking it up to escribe, I guess I'll just use this for work until it finally dies. The Flave 24 (clone) will just stay on this mod as I don't want to have to put it all back together again.

Thanks everyone for the ideas on this and I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!!
2a48c1f74b324afbee5ddacc3185f787.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Fogsmith Dragon mod with the Asgard this morning. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We had a lovely time here with some friends and my daughter and her new man. They have been dating for almost a year now. She told me yesterday she thinks he is "the one" Ya, like I haven't heard that before :giggle::giggle: I do hope that maybe it's true though as both Dave and I really like him. Great guy. They click together so well.

IMG_20201127_114650996.jpg

Oh and here is Danny kitty chillin out after Thanksgiving dinner last night :)

Resized_20201126_145258.jpg

VU Sponsors