Become a Patron!

The Official #HandCheck Thread

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, if you don't know how to build for them, they suck! I didn't like single 18650 mechs for that reason, and just didn't realize I wasn't building them right. I was scared of going lower with resistance, but once I did, things improved a bunch. I know, I know, everybody tried to tell me.
I will spare myself the embarrassment by not linking to the thread I started here 4 years ago trying to learn to build for mechs.

Thankfully CrazyChef and PeglegMeg (as I recall) got me pointed in the right direction lol.

Actually, now that I think of it, the Jmodz box wasn't my first unregulated/unprotected mod. A single 18650/20700 Dot Squonk was. I was very frustrated because I was still afraid of blowing my teeth out and was building way too high and with too much mass for that mod.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I will spare myself the embarrassment by not linking to the thread I started here 4 years ago trying to learn to build for mechs.

Thankfully CrazyChef and PeglegMeg (as I recall) got me pointed in the right direction lol.

Actually, now that I think of it, the Jmodz box wasn't my first unregulated/unprotected mod. A single 18650/20700 Dot Squonk was. I was very frustrated because I was still afraid of blowing my teeth out and was building way too high and with too much mass for that mod.

Yup, that's exactly it. I have no shame, though. I was a dummy when I got here and figure most everybody could already tell. lol What I don't do, though, is search out some of those posts I made back then, when I was so convinced I knew a thing or two, which after a pretty short while I found to be totally untrue. A stubborn, hard-headed person gets proven wrong, embarrassed, and then grateful. Thankfully most everyone was nice and only a couple people told me right out that I was an idiot. I'm sure you can guess who at least one of those people was. You were way nicer to him than I could ever manage to be.

I miss Meg, wish she was still around.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's only fair to throw in here that the Kennedy RDAs are great on the Kennedy mods too. You have to like big wide open air though.

I must be the only one that stuffed cotton in the air flow slots of a Kennedy RDA to choke it down a smidge.

Just a small piece tucked in on both sides, not even really visible.

Dramatically improved the flavor imo and quieted it a tad too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Always wanted someone to 3d print inserts for that RDA…

Similar to a USB plug is, but go from the 6x2.5 opening to to 6x1.5 or 4x2, with a small ledge on it to make it easy to remove

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sexy Green thang
abb0da02dc6290d75d0410f80df386e9.jpg
11d6b5336c7b3639f51bd8c33f8c7243.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Athena and Elder Dragon get along quite well together at about 0.25 ohms. I miss my Athena, but had to chuck it after it started killing batteries.

VU Sponsors