Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does this count as I literally just placed the order lol
d4363d41a2a5e42087eaeedb32c795f6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I still don't know how it's even legal for the government to do all this to vaping. But, with them being the government, I guess by electing them we've given them the power to say what's legal and what isn't.

Someone please tell me when the government has EVER decided, in a different situation, to shut down an entire industry that was not engaged in illegal activity. I'd love to know just one f'n example. Nearest I can think of is Prohibition, but they first made the activity illegal, and THEN they tried to shut the industry down. Which makes it NOT-THE-SAME.
The deal with the whole hitting vaping with the usps, vaping's a tobacco product. Njoy/sottera fought for that shit back when the fda was pushing it out as drug delivery devices, treating them like unapproved/illegal pharma. They insisted it was tobacco and they got their wish.

Dunno who was busy digging through old laws but the new legislation isn't a new law/rule. It's updating the Jenkins Act which has been around since '49. The whole no tobacco through the usps is far from new, but it applied to cigs and stuff. Now it's being updated to modern times to include modern things like vaping. Which sucks for us but legally makes sense.

It'd be like if bars and liquor stores have to have liquor licenses and someone comes up with a new gogo juice that's classified as a new type of liquor. But they're allowed to sell willy nilly, no license. Existing bars and liquor stores would be pissed and rightly so. If they have to abide by it then so does everyone else in the industry. Wish I had the answer for what new classification vaping should have fought for back in the day, something that would fly with the powers that be to accept whatever classification that wasn't a pharma delivery device OR tobacco. But that really has fucked us. Of the two, tobacco gets less scrutiny than if it were a delivery device or 'cessation' device and all the hoops it'd have to jump through for that. Then it likely would be pharma owned and by prescription only.

Everyone wishes it would just go back to the way it was before all the bullshit but that was completely unregulated. Nothing is untouched by regulation in this country so fat chance of that. I mean going back to when I was in my teens and my family had a handful of dairy goats we milked and sold some of the excess milk through health food places or small farmer market type stuff. Nope, state and county health dept jumped on it and said if we wanted to continue selling milk we had to have an approved facility. A structure with minimum dimensions (that required building permits), dictating the thickness of the concrete floor, running water, x amount of wash stations, sinks, this that and the other. Tens of thousands in building materials, permits etc. And by a handful of dairy animals I mean less than 10. It's ridiculous but that's the state of things. And that was nearly 3 decades ago, so can imagine how much more anally retentive it is now.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
The deal with the whole hitting vaping with the usps, vaping's a tobacco product. Njoy/sottera fought for that shit back when the fda was pushing it out as drug delivery devices, treating them like unapproved/illegal pharma. They insisted it was tobacco and they got their wish.

Dunno who was busy digging through old laws but the new legislation isn't a new law/rule. It's updating the Jenkins Act which has been around since '49. The whole no tobacco through the usps is far from new, but it applied to cigs and stuff. Now it's being updated to modern times to include modern things like vaping. Which sucks for us but legally makes sense.

It'd be like if bars and liquor stores have to have liquor licenses and someone comes up with a new gogo juice that's classified as a new type of liquor. But they're allowed to sell willy nilly, no license. Existing bars and liquor stores would be pissed and rightly so. If they have to abide by it then so does everyone else in the industry. Wish I had the answer for what new classification vaping should have fought for back in the day, something that would fly with the powers that be to accept whatever classification that wasn't a pharma delivery device OR tobacco. But that really has fucked us. Of the two, tobacco gets less scrutiny than if it were a delivery device or 'cessation' device and all the hoops it'd have to jump through for that. Then it likely would be pharma owned and by prescription only.

Everyone wishes it would just go back to the way it was before all the bullshit but that was completely unregulated. Nothing is untouched by regulation in this country so fat chance of that. I mean going back to when I was in my teens and my family had a handful of dairy goats we milked and sold some of the excess milk through health food places or small farmer market type stuff. Nope, state and county health dept jumped on it and said if we wanted to continue selling milk we had to have an approved facility. A structure with minimum dimensions (that required building permits), dictating the thickness of the concrete floor, running water, x amount of wash stations, sinks, this that and the other. Tens of thousands in building materials, permits etc. And by a handful of dairy animals I mean less than 10. It's ridiculous but that's the state of things. And that was nearly 3 decades ago, so can imagine how much more anally retentive it is now.

In my mind, the part that's the real stretch is the determination that all the gear is also to be classed as tobacco products. That's like saying a highball glass is an alcoholic beverage.

In the point of view you present, it would make sense if nicotine was regulated. Again in my mind, none of the rest of it is defensible in any way. It is overreach, pure and simple, and the purpose behind it, the REAL one, is not a thing in the world but money in the pockets of government and Big Tobacco.

315jessie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh I don't fault you at all. "If it's worth it to you then it's worth the money". That's the way I look at it.

Sent from a pile of wood chips
I dunno if its worth it to me lmao .. i like how it looks but let's see if the hype is real

I rather spend the 112.00 on the dotaio then
The 700 plus on this one
923a7d09bbe2dd3b3b292f3d6fca9afa.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I dunno if its worth it to me lmao .. i like how it looks but let's see if the hype is real

I rather spend the 112.00 on the dotaio then
The 700 plus on this one
923a7d09bbe2dd3b3b292f3d6fca9afa.jpg

I feel like you should build your own Billet Box. Just something different about it. And honestly you'd probably look into different panels and tips and rbas than what's there now. So make one your own. Even if it is the sxk. Which honestly isn't far from the authentic at a 1/3 the price. And has a USB port to hook into escribe for the dna60. I think 3f has them for the same as the dot you just got.
@dubya314 what do you say, build or buy pre-owned. He can probably get exactly what he wants at a cheaper price than this package if he builds himself.

315jessie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I feel like you should build your own Billet Box. Just something different about it. And honestly you'd probably look into different panels and tips and rbas than what's there now. So make one your own. Even if it is the sxk. Which honestly isn't far from the authentic at a 1/3 the price. And has a USB port to hook into escribe for the dna60. I think 3f has them for the same as the dot you just got.
@dubya314 what do you say, build or buy pre-owned. He can probably get exactly what he wants at a cheaper price than this package if he builds himself.

Thats why I said I rather spend 100 then spend 700 lol
I don't need a 2019 rat lol

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I guess I could make a point for each. I have some I built, and love that I came up with everything for it, but picking up some stuff here and some stuff there can get a bit tedious. I have some I bouggt built, and although I love them and the ease of being done, it does irk me a bit I didn't come up with it. Idk, I just love em, stock or built, by me or someone else. I just wish I had more organs to trade for them, I'm running out...... :sad:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Meanwhile in New York, liquored ice cream and frozen desserts got legalized. It goes to show they couldn't give two hoots about the kids.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
In my mind, the part that's the real stretch is the determination that all the gear is also to be classed as tobacco products. That's like saying a highball glass is an alcoholic beverage.

In the point of view you present, it would make sense if nicotine was regulated. Again in my mind, none of the rest of it is defensible in any way. It is overreach, pure and simple, and the purpose behind it, the REAL one, is not a thing in the world but money in the pockets of government and Big Tobacco.
Grimm did a show yesterday on the money side of things...

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A gift from my good friend @gsmit1 -
20200805_135736_HDR(1).jpg
20200805_135757(1).jpg
Brass Goon! I've never had any of the Goons. I started really getting into RDAs last year (Jan. 2019). For whatever reason I mainly stuck to single coil RDAs. I started getting into dual coilers this year. This will go great on my new Brass Dreamer.

Thank you @Vape Fan for posting about the AVS half off sale. I got enough wire to make a bunch of good coils.
20200805_140346.jpg
I know it might be hard to do the math but in the pic is over a $100 worth of wire (AVS regular pricing). I paid $51 or whatever it was. Good deal, plus free shipping! (Over $30)

Last edited:

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been meaning to try that one for a long time. I have black and stainless on the way from their sale. Somebody said they were sold out of black so I must have ordered at the right time.
When I first saw the design I didn't think the flavor would be all that good, but it is right up there with my favorite single coil rda's.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh sweet mama :inlove: Billet bundle from @Mykreign showed up today. Everything looks beautiful, exactly as stated, and you just aren't gonna find a more personal person to deal with. A pleasure as always, and thanks brother.
AVS clapton spools showed up as well. I am making my own, but sometimes I just don't want to, and these are going to come it super handy. Thanks for the heads up on 50% off @Vape Fan .
15966835011181660034525.jpg

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Waiting for a package that was supposed to be here Monday. I should be more patient since it's coming all the way from... California.
Sorry :( VaporDNA is bad about that too. I have one that after 3 days ( business days ) still only says label created. I hate when companies do that crap.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well build that S.O.B. and get after it :wait::giggle:
I just got a call for a job so I wouldn't be able to do it til later, but I'm eager to try it. The design looks really sensible for it's intended purpose. I think Anthony designed this one if I remember right.
I did not know there was vaping in 1928. Learn something new every day.
I have no idea what the name is supposed to mean lol! Year before the stock market crash?

Last edited:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
E-cig Mafia came through with my order. They had Sigelei mods and kits for 9 to 11 dollars. I'm using a Vapsoon one right now and It hits great. I remember reading long ago about someone saying Sigelei mods are underpowered and don't hit hard. This one does :D . Enough about that. Here's some photos.
20200806_135341(1).jpg
20200806_140206(1).jpg

The dial fire button is a non issue for me. I love side/thumb fire buttons. If it starts spinning and making my wattage higher, that's another story. For now, I'm using a Vapsoon one and I like it.

ProlineVaper

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
VU Patreon
Got the War Torn Grip from @bx10r on Monday and got the Half Moon Squonker today from @Tall Pines . Both are in excellent shape and will look great in my little collection.. Got both up on the shelf before wife got home...lol

I will show them to her eventually... Or ahe will notice them and go on a three day rant over it...lol
77855bbd2381439e8ecfcad598604e95.jpg
7512dd1deb323938731f8c2431ff27a2.jpg
f88370556d988baa71ce79f4ca3daf4d.jpg
b607ab171b2616edd344f214782d158d.jpg
2a9bcbc63107a0bb575363b857530fa3.jpg

Sent from my LGL722DL using Tapatalk

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got the War Torn Grip from @bx10r on Monday and got the Half Moon Squonker today from @Tall Pines . Both are in excellent shape and will look great in my little collection.. Got both up on the shelf before wife got home...lol

I will show them to her eventually... Or ahe will notice them and go on a three day rant over it...lol
77855bbd2381439e8ecfcad598604e95.jpg
7512dd1deb323938731f8c2431ff27a2.jpg
f88370556d988baa71ce79f4ca3daf4d.jpg
b607ab171b2616edd344f214782d158d.jpg
2a9bcbc63107a0bb575363b857530fa3.jpg

Them 2 sellers...are trouble. Will get any1 in trouble

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

inganeer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ordered a ultem barrel for my L rda and it hit Kansas City last Friday. Delivery for Monday. KC is 2 1/2 hours north of me. 4 days now and still no movement just shows arriving late. I am so frustrated with USPS lately. Every other package is always late.

VU Sponsors