Member For 5 Years
053b2b2a2d1e8b2a3aa55ed0c3686ac2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

315jessie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Awww shit .. today's mail

The frosted dotaio with dot rba

The rba in a pain in the arse to build on but I finally got it after saying a few choice words to it lol

But I was also putting a 3mm fused Clapton on there lol it was almost impossible

And a pic with its little brother the dotaio se
5b331fff279fbe791628b6d2aed3f1e9.jpg
285dfb6c3852a9d4cb52a4e1def0b55e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
BTW @~Don~

I'm not at all doubting what you're saying. I'm just trying to fugue out why it would be behaving that way on a hybrid tube. A mod saver SHOULDN'T make any difference. Clearly it is. That's far out, is what I'm saying.

Only thing I can think of is top hat of the mod and or designed total length variance they allowed in the design of the constant contact.

I haven’t ruled out the RDA being the issue, but getting really close in doing so...

I’ll explain.

I took off the beauty ring on the Asgard Mini tossed it on, exhibits the same issues...with both the 26mm and 28mm top hats...

Add in the delrin washer... issues gone.

Put the Goon on, same issues, add the washer... Gone

Add the X1 RDA... same issues, add in the washer... yup gone.

Only thing left is tearing the switch down again, inspecting under magnifier... but I don’t think the switch itself is the issue...

Change the Oring that keeps the switch wobble out I can try... but honestly I don’t think that can be the issue.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I might just toss them both in the trash

Put way more thought into figuring out why it’s not working as intended and giving a shit... that just vaping on the winners and well... not giving a shit.

I much prefer vaping winners and not giving a shit, truly

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, that's REALLY out there. I see what you're saying better now, but don't go throwin stuff away until you figure out what's causing it. :D I cant stand not knowing what's causing a mystery issue like this.

If not the switch then what? There's only so many possibilities here. Then again if it were in the switch then the switch would get hot. Not the rda and Mooch's tests showed no excessive heat in the switch. At least not the specimen he had.

This is a real zinger right here.

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok, that's REALLY out there. I see what you're saying better now, but don't go throwin stuff away until you figure out what's causing it. :D I cant stand not knowing what's causing a mystery issue like this.

If not the switch then what? There's only so many possibilities here. Then again if it were in the switch then the switch would get hot. Not the rda and Mooch's tests showed no excessive heat in the switch. At least not the specimen he had.

This is a real zinger right here.

Yeah I am feeling bad for Vaping Delights guy... he emailed me and stuck in some nice Aliens and said he isnt exhibiting the issues I am mentioning and included it on the Heavy Hitter also... (The Other Valhalla I returned)

Ranger Vapes who I got the mod from, I emailed them, and issued a RMA including return shipping label I can print out for a Flat Rate box return. (Way cool)

I asked if I could get a replacement, but I don't think they have anymore Black available sadly... yeah he responded that his next delivery is in 2-3 weeks for matte black again.

Edit: store credit is fine with me... maybe grab a different mod like a potato 28... I mean Kennedy

Last edited:

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon

Put way more thought into figuring out why it’s not working as intended and giving a shit... that just vaping on the winners and well... not giving a shit.

I have the same mod, if you want to send it to me I will swap parts back and forth between mine and see if I can eliminate the source of the problem.
I can't think of a better way to find out what the issue is.

PM me if you want to try it.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have the same mod, if you want to send it to me I will swap parts back and forth between mine and see if I can eliminate the source of the problem.

Thanks I appreciate that...

27185187475faf5541ea3f1dd210cb17.jpg

Wasn’t overly fond of the mod and boss man paid for return shipping...

I’ll probably just spend a few more bucks on top of the credit and grab a Kennedy 28

Again I do appreciate the gesture

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Kennedy 28
i have no proof, but I can't get it outta my head that the og Vindicator switch performs better than the ccs. The 28 has the ccs. I'm not expecting you to make a buying decision based on that LOL! Looking at them both i just can't shake it though.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i have no proof, but I can't get it outta my head that the og Vindicator switch performs better than the ccs. The 28 has the ccs. I'm not expecting you to make a buying decision based on that LOL! Looking at them both i just can't shake it though.

I bought the HH originally due to the way it looked, not necessarily due to the MFGs history of making top tier mods, read up on the CC switch they had and knew it was decent in design... just didn't think it would have such shitty execution (that button wobble is total shit) additionally, I have come to really like the EZ dripper (Thx @bx10r ) and not being able to push down and utilize the EZ-Ds with one hand was a tad annoying... wish they made the button housing on the HH 4.5mm longer so the button was recessed... anyhoo.

I bought the Valhalla 28mm to go with the mod... knowing the voltage loss with the Nightmare deck... I can remedy that to where it meets my minimum voltage, never happened, due to the issues I experienced, Valhalla sits in the drawer awaiting a mod, or sell it.

So we get to the Kennedy 28 Potato... I already know these suck with applied voltage... Mooch tested them as such... but Ranger Vapes truly has a limited amount of Mechs available, and since I have this goober RDA doing nothing, I need a mod for it, or sell the RDA, for I really don't need another mod... well I would like an OD Green Purge Enforcer 21700... stick the Brass Asgard Mini on it and grab some .999 silver and be done.

I asked for store credit, but I can change my mind and get the $82 refunded and apply that towards EVC and buy the Enforcer... but as I mentioned, I really don't need another mod, it was more spur of the moment purchase(s)

I consider myself rather astute in all things mechanical, vape related, cars, HVAC, building... Only thing I came up with is the mods top caps and or the variance allowed in the mfg process. Putting a spacer on, shortens the 510 length through the top cap, allows for proper use of its constant contact design...and or removes a short... I eliminated the RDA being the issue... since I tried many RDAs and the same outcome... so it left the mod.

Tried both caps with the same result across the RDAs I own that had coils already... put the spacer I had, and it remedied the issues, put the beauty ring and it remedied the issue...

Process of elimination says its the mod...

What exactly? No idea, don't care anymore, its on the journey back to Ranger Vapes.

I will always break a new mod down and inspect for burrs, shavings, manufacturing defects, same with RDAs... although one shouldn't. Its a mech heads duty to check threads, check switch mechanisms and such... the HH was just a dud... I just didn't catch it til I added the spacer I had, which lead me to remove the beauty ring from the Asgard Mini and then the issue presented itself across all RDAs...

What had me believe it was the RDA specifically at first was when I owned the Ultem Nightmare... that thing ran hot... Valhalla and Nightmare have the same deck.

Anyhoo... yeah, Issues... lol

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So we get to the Kennedy 28 Potato... I already know these suck with applied voltage... Mooch tested them as such...
Ok, but a couple things. For you, "suck" means it's not at the very top of the list :D This is not a criticism. Please don't take it that way, but you have one of the most "all of nothing" personalities I've ever met LOL! It's either in the 99.9th percentile or it's junk. :D

Also, Mooch tested the Vindicator with the CCS and never did test the Vindicator with the og switch. Not that I saw anyway. However, you know from our conversations that my musings about the 2 switches started before Mooch's tests. Another story.

Not my business, but I do wish you were getting a 21 with the og switch. However, that wouldn't make a good home for a Nightmare RDA haha!

Vaperz Cloud needs to make a 21700 XXX with the Comp S switch. Also another story.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok, but a couple things. For you, "suck" means it's not at the very top of the list :D This is not a criticism. Please don't take it that way, but you have one of the most "all of nothing" personalities I've ever met LOL! It's either in the 99.9th percentile or it's junk. :D

Also, Mooch tested the Vindicator with the CCS and never did test the Vindicator with the og switch. Not that I saw anyway. However, you know from our conversations that my musings about the 2 switches started before Mooch's tests. Another story.

Not my business, but I do wish you were getting a 21 with the og switch. However, that wouldn't make a good home for a Nightmare RDA haha!

Vaperz Cloud needs to make a 21700 XXX with the Comp S switch. Also another story.

Old trained thought from my union days... "It's 100% right, or its 100% wrong" and that is where the "Suck(s)" comes from.

If its not 100% right, it sucks

If its 100% wrong, it sucks

What grinds my gears is the amount of "Close" mods there are out there

Take my OG grip for example... its not 100% right... that retarded bit of threading that sticks up cause the mod wasn't designed around 21700s... and it sucks... but it performs, just sucks ;)

Then take the Viking Grip... its not 100% right... it improved on the OG Grips design to accommodate larger atomizers, but sucks on the voltage end in comparison to the Grip... so it sucks... don't like the other IM design mods much... so that sucks lol, probably perform fine.

Same as the SOI's I owned... great performing little bangers... company went bye bye... they never made a 21700 or 25mm+ mod... sucks ;)

Old Kennedy Roundhouse I owned, arced a lot... liked the plain look... so that aspect sucked.

Mooch tested the Kennedy Vindicator showed a ton of voltage loss... that sucks

Mooch tested the Purge Slam... a mod I was interested in... but if I am interested in a side fire... I much rather get the cheaper B2B V5... which should have less loss than the slam due to how the contacts are made, which would be less suck than the slam... and its cheaper, so that for sure is less suck LOL

In all, I can adjust the build to mimic less voltage suck... but when a mod causes issues like the HH did with me, there is no fixing that kind of suck ;)

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

My house has a great trash can. Lol. If you don't have enough room in yours that is

Sent from a pile of wood chips

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What grinds my gears is the amount of "Close" mods there are out there
Dude :)
They're human designed, man made contraptions. Nothing's perfect. :D

The Overlord is a stellar performer and ya got rid of that one too :wait:

Don't misunderstand. I do totally get where you're coming from and I'm just giving you an elbow LOL!

I really wish Mooch could get his hands on an og switch for the Vindicator.

Like we've talked about. I'm not sold on the universal superiority of constant contact switches. Too many variables and it's a case by case basis. I think companies are making them more because people want them more and they want them more because they believe by definition they must be better.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dude :)
They're human designed, man made contraptions. Nothing's perfect. :D

The Overlord is a stellar performer and ya got rid of that one too :wait:

Don't misunderstand. I do totally get where you're coming from and I'm just giving you an elbow LOL!

I really wish Mooch could get his hands on an og switch for the Vindicator.

Like we've talked about. I'm not sold on the universal superiority of constant contact switches. Too many variables and it's a case by case basis. I think companies are making them more because people want them more and they want them more because they believe by definition they must be better.

The overlord was great!

Minus that it only fit 24’s... if it fit 25’s I’d never of sold it.

Yeah I get it with CCs... there is loss there with more connections being made.

Constant contact isn’t a new thing, been around since early 2015( earlier maybe? Wasn’t vaping then dunno) the self adjusting CC, that is newer.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
More Pizza Dave mail. Hooked me all the way up :D
The Centaurus.
The BP Pioneer. WITH the dtl kit which I didn't even know about when we made the deal.
The 22mm Kayfun [Lite] 2019 with the long mode kit AND the XS pin :D along with an extra spares kit.

Then the mystery goody box.:
Abuncha nice coils. Some from Badazad, who I know from Reddit.
Some wire
A Coilmaster Mini Tool Kit.
An unopened bin of Ninja Wicks cotton
A leg trimming tool
A couple pairs of married VTC5As
Abuncha drip tips.
A Coilmaster ultrasonic cleaner
20200813_183556_cr.jpg

20200813_184300_cr.jpg

20200813_184826_cr.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Centaurus.
The BP Pioneer. WITH the dtl kit which I didn't even know about when we made the deal.
The 22mm Kayfun [Lite] 2019 with the long mode kit AND the XS pin :D along with an extra spares kit.

Some wire
A leg trimming tool
Abuncha drip tips.
View attachment 166655

View attachment 166656

View attachment 166657
Damn what a haul. You'll be playing with all that stuff for the next week. Lol

Sent from a pile of wood chips

Creature0069

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Week 2 of Asmodus mail. More due next week (a 1 of 1 Pumper, etc). lol
Lustro Kodama and a random subtank as a freebie. Judging from the box, it came with a mod but there was no mod in the box.
20200813_212509_HDRa.jpg

The Lustro is more green than the blue I ordered but it's fine. If I end up not liking it I can sell it for what I paid and someone will still get a really good deal. lol

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The Centaurus.

Some wire
A leg trimming tool
Abuncha drip tips.
View attachment 166655

View attachment 166656

View attachment 166657
Great score and if you ever decide you don't like any of those 810 tips holler at me, I will buy them. I am the resident drip tip queen here. I have an obsession with them for sure :)

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Do it! His nickname applies more than you know :) He is like the master of fixing stuff

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well thought I would posting vapemail today, but nooooo, because USPS SUCKS!!!!!

Package arrived at my post office yesterday at 3:45pm, and expected delivery date of today, but check at lunch and instead of seeing out for delivery, I get....In transit, arriving late :cry:

And this was sent priority, priority my ass.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Doesn't have anything I didn't already have, but this little kit is very well thought out and a great throw in your backpack thing. Typical Coilmaster quality. Not snap-on, but not junk either.
The driver bits double as coiling rods in the handle.
20200814_180132.jpg

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Glad to see someone finally got that.I was very tempted,if it was any other color than red i would of jumped,but never been a fan of red mods,i was still very tempted though haha.
Now if I could just find someone with a black one that would swap doors or bodies with me. :)
Those look great with contrasting doors on them.
Red with black doors
Black with Red doors

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now if I could just find someone with a black one that would swap doors or bodies with me. :)
Those look great with contrasting doors on them.
Red with black doors
Black with Red doors

Sent from a Galaxy far far away
That i could deal with,the black would break up the red enough to make it really cool.I had even debated getting it and sanding all the red off and making it bare aluminum,so yeah glad you got it instead of me,it's too nice to strip down.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Vaporesso Gens and a Gen S kit.
20200815_125813_HDR.jpg
Yeah, I really like the one I've been using. Found an alright sale and got more.

Kylin M, Blazer 200, Baby Prince.
20200815_130112_HDR(1).jpg
I think the auto blue Baby Prince is the only one I didn't have. Blazer 200 because it's blue. Kylin Ms because they're awesome..

I-Priv & Pro-Color kits.
20200815_130422(1).jpg
I plan on switching things around on both of these ones. The blue bits will go on a red I-Priv. I plan on switching the red fire bar and up/down buttons on a blue pro-color.

Here's what I had in mind with the Gens and Kylin Ms.
20200815_125540(1).jpg

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Vaporesso Gens and a Gen S kit.
View attachment 166799
Yeah, I really like the one I've been using. Found an alright sale and got more.

Kylin M, Blazer 200, Baby Prince.
View attachment 166800
I think the auto blue Baby Prince is the only one I didn't have. Blazer 200 because it's blue. Kylin Ms because they're awesome..

I-Priv & Pro-Color kits.
View attachment 166801
I plan on switching things around on both of these ones. The blue bits will go on a red I-Priv. I plan on switching the red fire bar and up/down buttons on a blue pro-color.

Here's what I had in mind with the Gens and Kylin Ms.
View attachment 166802
Haven't had mine long, but I am loving my Gen so far. Fantastic hand feel. I have heard some grumbling about the chip for TC, but that doesn't affect me :)

VU Sponsors