The Truth About Cancer - Every Vaper and Human Should Know

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Update...

My step dad went to have a CT scan in June. The results...he was cancer free. He still was drinking the roasted dandelion tea three times daily.

He went for another scan and blood work in September.... no cancer and blood marker for cancer was at 0 .
I thought he was still and was dedicated in drinking the tea. In late October I was informed by my mom he stopped drinking the dandelion tea. Mom doesn't remember when he stopped and don't know why. He had another scan and blood work in December. The results showed his cancer is back and spreading. He was told he has up to six months.
I just wanted to say... I'm truly very sorry, I didn't mean to deceive anyone and I hope everyone will forgive me.
Sorry to hear this 2WW, but regardless of who said what about how long someone may live, it's STILL worth the effort to try and combat the disease, never stop combating it, with natural medicine, not big pharma, which is a definite death sentence.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the human body is smarter
Hi there,

I work in cancer research and see all the efforts doctors and other scientists do to understand and cure cancer. They are in the front-line of this battle. On the other hand, companies are companies, and they have mixed interests. But I see no point in thinking that companies are controlling doctors and scientists, as someone said, to keep making profit.

That doctors are interested in having people healthy is very clear in Europe - I think this may have a lot to do with having a universal health care system. Governments put a lot of effort in preventing disease, not just curing it, mainly because disease costs a lot of public money.

I know this topic can be delicate, I just want to give my point of view.

Changing the way we think. The body has a 'repair ' mode as well. It's called fasting.. You can also dry fast. No you won't die. I have dry fasted 6days at a time for healing.. Then I have to refresh and gain weight to dry fast again. Dr in the Nordic areas figured this out years ago as well as Russians,,it's even part of their state ran health protcal . Always wonder why the media wants American fearful of another group... Russia in this case....

In 2016 the noble prize went to a Japanese scientist who connected 1 big dot to known info. .Autophagy. Happens around 24-48hours of fasting... It's the process of the body looking for dead/old/bad cells to eat since you aren't eating. During a dry fast your body chews through all inflammation and fat cells to get to the water. It's really interesting because every fat cell has 3 or 4 water cell attached,,, but the body doesn't carefully take the water out.. It's more like a bull in a China shop. . Body throwing chunks of fat out at a time to get enough water for flow. Most cancer has its own blood vessels and food needs.. Starve it and it died. Canadian cancer Dr says he would fast 40days before taking any modern day cancer treatment. He expects that after his fast he would need to see a surgeon to remove cancer carcass .

I think people are tiring of the failure to cure for profit mantra/propaganda from the govt assisted pharmacy companies... IE how many Dr telling people to eat once a day. Loose weight and be cured of type 2diabetes? It takes 2weeks to 3 months. Eventually most meds are for the lazy.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Changing the way we think. The body has a 'repair ' mode as well. It's called fasting.. You can also dry fast. No you won't die. I have dry fasted 6days at a time for healing.. Then I have to refresh and gain weight to dry fast again. Dr in the Nordic areas figured this out years ago as well as Russians,,it's even part of their state ran health protcal . Always wonder why the media wants American fearful of another group... Russia in this case....

In 2016 the noble prize went to a Japanese scientist who connected 1 big dot to known info. .Autophagy. Happens around 24-48hours of fasting... It's the process of the body looking for dead/old/bad cells to eat since you aren't eating. During a dry fast your body chews through all inflammation and fat cells to get to the water. It's really interesting because every fat cell has 3 or 4 water cell attached,,, but the body doesn't carefully take the water out.. It's more like a bull in a China shop. . Body throwing chunks of fat out at a time to get enough water for flow. Most cancer has its own blood vessels and food needs.. Starve it and it died. Canadian cancer Dr says he would fast 40days before taking any modern day cancer treatment. He expects that after his fast he would need to see a surgeon to remove cancer carcass .

I think people are tiring of the failure to cure for profit mantra/propaganda from the govt assisted pharmacy companies... IE how many Dr telling people to eat once a day. Loose weight and be cured of type 2diabetes? It takes 2weeks to 3 months. Eventually most meds are for the lazy.

I started fasting to lose a little weight. As I studied more about fasting (to the point of hours and hours everyday for months) I committed to cleaning up any health issues I am not even aware of yet. I had to as part of my retirement plan as I watch the healthcare industry robbing my parents of their golden years brain washing them with conditions . I am anti healthcare. I am pro Repair as in a doctor to fix a broken leg. Healthcare has become health Management.. They manage your health for their pocket book.. If you die. .We blame the disease and line up another fool.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Exactly.....!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I started fasting to lose a little weight. As I studied more about fasting (to the point of hours and hours everyday for months) I committed to cleaning up any health issues I am not even aware of yet. I had to as part of my retirement plan as I watch the healthcare industry robbing my parents of their golden years brain washing them with conditions . I am anti healthcare. I am pro Repair as in a doctor to fix a broken leg. Healthcare has become health Management.. They manage your health for their pocket book.. If you die. .We blame the disease and line up another fool.
+2

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry for typo and sentence structure.. Still waiting on amazon to deliver keyboard for my tablet,, ,,which likes to insert words for me. Uuuggghh

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
in the 90s I was omad and didn't know it was a thing lol. I was freaking strong and healthy.. Then as life got easier I got lazier /less active. Gained a little bit of weight not huge or anything . But I didn't like it.. I lost the weight pretty fast and blew right past my goal,,so I set another goal 10% lower . Because I liked the major new mobility and energy when fasting. Several days in December and January I walked the line of underweight.. .So I stop fasting ,,eat healthy and a bit heavy to prepare for another fast. Besides the health benefits.. I have been able to learn more about my actual food needs and not needs. Suppose something were to go way wrong in my life.. I know that I could go long period of time on a limited diet before fear of death. (I was once very poor and a real fear for me) -it has never left me

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've too have ridded myself of various affections, by NOT listening to MD's.

Fasting is fantastic, and it's FREE......:)

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've too have ridded myself of various affections, by NOT listening to MD's.

Fasting is fantastic, and it's FREE......:)
We estimate we saved around $400 a month from August to January because of my fasting.. We didn't go out to eat except after a dry fast.(after recovery re-fluid day) And even then it was only 1night usually at Denny's for certain meals that were keto'ish and cheap.... This is a big deal .. I'm a girl who likes to eat out /former mild foodie

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I limit my protein intake now, , if my body needs protein it can eat my crowsfeet :) or any other wrinkles

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We estimate we saved around $400 a month from August to January because of my fasting.. We didn't go out to eat except after a dry fast.(after recovery re-fluid day) And even then it was only 1night usually at Denny's for certain meals that were keto'ish and cheap.... This is a big deal .. I'm a girl who likes to eat out /former mild foodie
Fasting and eating non-GMO food would help everyone, it's just not an easy way to become healthy for most people, many just can't do it.....their stuck with drive through window habits.

Sad really.

It's bigger pity MD's know ZERO about nutrition....just Pills

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Fasting and eating non-GMO food would help everyone, it's just not an easy way to become healthy for most people, many just can't do it.....their stuck with drive through window habits.

Sad really.

If you've been limiting carbs from white processed foods and GMOs it is a lot easier to fast

I used to have a hard time with it - Now I just eat a meal with a lot of healthy fats (from organic meats or healthy fat like coconut oil, avocados, etc) and really go for it

I tried doing juice fasts when I was still recovering in 2017 and it was a misery. Now I can do juice or water for days

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Sad really.

I resolve it's a choice to die 20 years early for most people.. They need to accept responsibility and quit whining about their health. Organic food is not as expensive as the common mantra leads you to believe.. . Heck I was able to find that wholequacamole stuff in organic and keto friendly. You could eat the whole package for 11 net carbs! (I tried, couldn't do it lol) but it's a great alternative to avocado if you can't get fresh or can't eat the avocado in time, or if you are traveling

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you've been limiting carbs from white processed foods and GMOs it is a lot easier to fast

I used to have a hard time with it - Now I just eat a meal with a lot of healthy fats (from organic meats or healthy fat like coconut oil, avocados, etc) and really go for it

I tried doing juice fasts when I was still recovering in 2017 and it was a misery. Now I can do juice or water for days
It was kinda tough at first, like you said.

BUT... the more you do it, the easier it becomes...and the quicker your health begins to return

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

the current life expectancy is roughly 80years for the general population,,, but I suspect those of us who fast and eat clean will likely make it to 100+. Sadly at the same time young parents today are expected to bury their own children due to dietary choices impacting their children health

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
the current life expectancy is roughly 80years for the general population,,, but I suspect those of us who fast and eat clean will likely make it to 100+. Sadly at the same time young parents today are expected to bury their own children due to dietary choices impacting their children health
Indeed....so true.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It was kinda tough at first, like you said.

BUT... the more you do it, the easier it becomes...and the quicker your health begins to return
I have a loss of interest in food most of the time ,, I would rather water fast a few days. Then eat well 1day then return to water fasting . . Sort of a 3/1 cycle talk about a small grocery bill lol

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

I gave up: highly processed foods, all processed sugar/corn syrup, all grains, cereals and legumes, anything with added nitrites or nitrates, and all processed transfats, including vegetable oils like corn, canola, etc. and eat as organically as is possible

The transformation has been astounding in not just how I feel, but in how I look also

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I gave up: highly processed foods, all processed sugar/corn syrup, all grains, cereals and legumes, anything with added nitrites or nitrates, and all processed transfats, including vegetable oils like corn, canola, etc. and eat as organically as is possible

The transformation has been astounding in not just how I feel, but in how I look also
Huge DITTO

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Think of it this way,,, we no longer use our bodies to carry already eaten groceries around hahaha. Every ounce of body fat is just stored meals you can tap into but you can't tap dance with.

American think they are starving if they miss a meal . Yet you look at their fat,, you know they are in denial of their real problem

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Think of it this way,,, we no longer use our bodies to carry already eaten groceries around hahaha. Every ounce of body fat is just stored meals you can tap into but you can't tap dance with.

American think they are starving if they miss a meal . Yet you look at their fat,, you know they are in denial of their real problem

It's sad, because the gov't, dietitians, doctors tell people to eat that way. What :poop:

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
That's the thing, the entire medical system is just plain broken -- "allopathic" -- instead of homeopathic or osteopathic. If you get sick, they give you something to "make you well" -- instead of concentrating on keeping yourself healthy so that you don't get sick. I never ever get flu shots -- but I haven't had the flu in more than 20 yrs. When it's going around, I take echinacea and Vit C (I also don't drink, and now, don't smoke either), to strengthen my immune system, so it can fight off whatever virii may come knocking.

People like my mom are victims, and prime examples of the pathology -- she's a raging diabetic, who consumes a virtual mountain of sugar daily. Her answer? "That's what my diabetes meds are for." :facepalm: I've had to strongly caution my hypertensive husband against that kind of thinking, regarding his sodium intake -- that it's far better to STAY healthy, than expect doctors to give you some "magic bullet." Thankfully, my husband is a bit more intelligent about it than my mom will ever be.

Andria
Oh @AndriaD , will you come talk to my boyfriend? I give him the same speech about salt and cholesterol, and now his sleep apnea, and he tells me that his blood work always looks good and he doesn't need to worry about it. As far as the sleep apnea, he does not care if he dies tomorrow as long as he doesn't have to wear a mask to sleep LOL.

(It's kind of hard for me to blame him there, because every once in a while.. I wake up gasping for air, but I know it is because I have put on some weight lately (that's when it started).. and I have begun to lose a few of those pounds-so hopefully that will help. He actually both gained weight at the same time and we both started the sleep apnea symptoms at the same time so I'm trying to get him to lose a little weight with me so that we can not die young for a silly reason. -Though he seems indifferent.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh @AndriaD , will you come talk to my boyfriend? I give him the same speech about salt and cholesterol, and now his sleep apnea, and he tells me that his blood work always looks good and he doesn't need to worry about it. As far as the sleep apnea, he does not care if he dies tomorrow as long as he doesn't have to wear a mask to sleep LOL.

(It's kind of hard for me to blame him there, because every once in a while.. I wake up gasping for air, but I know it is because I have put on some weight lately (that's when it started).. and I have begun to lose a few of those pounds-so hopefully that will help. He actually both gained weight at the same time and we both started the sleep apnea symptoms at the same time so I'm trying to get him to lose a little weight with me so that we can not die young for a silly reason. -Though he seems indifferent.

Well, as I had to face with my mom, who finally died, in Oct 2016, of her very poor diet and choices, you can't force people to do anything they don't want to. If he truly has a death-wish, maybe just hand him a gun and tell him to get it over with? Because ignoring hypertension is just slow-mo death -- if you put 10,000 lbs of pressure thru a 2000-lb-rated hose... eventually it's going to pop a leak. He should be well aware of that, given his job. He probably suffers from the "it can't happen to ME" disease that afflicts SO many people... and nothing will cure that, except when it DOES happen to them... you can only hope that his first stroke won't be his last, as in, fatal.

Andria

Reactions: dez

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Well, as I had to face with my mom, who finally died, in Oct 2016, of her very poor diet and choices, you can't force people to do anything they don't want to. If he truly has a death-wish, maybe just hand him a gun and tell him to get it over with? Because ignoring hypertension is just slow-mo death -- if you put 10,000 lbs of pressure thru a 2000-lb-rated hose... eventually it's going to pop a leak. He should be well aware of that, given his job. He probably suffers from the "it can't happen to ME" disease that afflicts SO many people... and nothing will cure that, except when it DOES happen to them... you can only hope that his first stroke won't be his last, as in, fatal.

Andria

He is 10 years older than me, but has no health problems (that he did not get from the military-loss of hearing..tinnitus..hurt elbow), and is in good shape as far as his lab work and blood pressure/vitals go, but it is the sleep apnea that scares me.. and what his blood work will look like in a few years, if he keeps using so much salt and eating chili cheese fries often, and things like that.
But I must say, he is much healthier than me and doesn't take any medicine, and I cannot say the same about myself.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
He is 10 years older than me, but has no health problems (that he did not get from the military-loss of hearing..tinnitus..hurt elbow), and is in good shape as far as his lab work and blood pressure/vitals go, but it is the sleep apnea that scares me.. and what his blood work will look like in a few years, if he keeps using so much salt and eating chili cheese fries often, and things like that.
But I must say, he is much healthier than me and doesn't take any medicine, and I cannot say the same about myself.

Well, chili-cheese fries doesn't sound too bad; it seems that most people have this idea that anything that tastes good, MUST be bad for you, and that's just not true. For instance -- bacon: pork has little or no cholesterol, so unless someone can't handle ANY fat in their diet, or ANY salt in their diet, bacon really isn't bad for you.

At the grocery, instead of buying regular ol iodized salt... buy Morton's "Lite Salt" -- it's 50% lower in sodium than regular salt, because it's 50% potassium chloride; my husband's BP was so extreme that I started buying that many years ago for him, but to fix my ankle edema problem, I started using it too. It tastes just the same as regular salt. As for the apnea... can't say I blame him about not wanting to wear a mask; I can't even handle wearing one of those eye-masks that are supposed to be good for insomniacs to use; it just bothers me too much, so I can't relax. The oxygen-deprivation of apnea might not be any worse than the oxygen-deprivation of smoking cigarettes -- and we all did that for how long? At least it doesn't also provide carbon monoxide and thousands of other toxins, as cigarettes do!

If you're concerned about his cholesterol, avoid fast-food burgers -- they use the lowest, fattiest grade of beef available. In fact, try to stay away from any beef, if at all possible, except the very leanest steaks, or the 93% lean ground beef. And keep a tight handle on how many eggs he eats -- egg whites are ok, they're mostly solid protein... but egg yolks have TONS of cholesterol. But if his blood-work lipids are ok, there's probably not a lot to worry about -- it's mainly a genetic thing, with cholesterol -- my husband did have EXTREME hypertension, but his cholesterol is always fantastic. I eat hardly any cholesterol at all, by avoiding eggs and beef, and my BP is usually quite low... but I'm very prone to having a high reading on my LDL (the bad cholesterol) -- it seems to run in my family. Fortunately, I'm not overweight, don't have hypertension nor diabetes, so my doc just says "eat some cheerios and oatmeal, that'll fix it" -- no meds required. So make sure you give him plenty of oats to eat; the soluble fiber in oats does for the blood vessels what insoluble fiber does for the colon. ;)

Andria

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Well, chili-cheese fries doesn't sound too bad; it seems that most people have this idea that anything that tastes good, MUST be bad for you, and that's just not true. For instance -- bacon: pork has little or no cholesterol, so unless someone can't handle ANY fat in their diet, or ANY salt in their diet, bacon really isn't bad for you.

At the grocery, instead of buying regular ol iodized salt... buy Morton's "Lite Salt" -- it's 50% lower in sodium than regular salt, because it's 50% potassium chloride; my husband's BP was so extreme that I started buying that many years ago for him, but to fix my ankle edema problem, I started using it too. It tastes just the same as regular salt. As for the apnea... can't say I blame him about not wanting to wear a mask; I can't even handle wearing one of those eye-masks that are supposed to be good for insomniacs to use; it just bothers me too much, so I can't relax. The oxygen-deprivation of apnea might not be any worse than the oxygen-deprivation of smoking cigarettes -- and we all did that for how long? At least it doesn't also provide carbon monoxide and thousands of other toxins, as cigarettes do!

If you're concerned about his cholesterol, avoid fast-food burgers -- they use the lowest, fattiest grade of beef available. In fact, try to stay away from any beef, if at all possible, except the very leanest steaks, or the 93% lean ground beef. And keep a tight handle on how many eggs he eats -- egg whites are ok, they're mostly solid protein... but egg yolks have TONS of cholesterol. But if his blood-work lipids are ok, there's probably not a lot to worry about -- it's mainly a genetic thing, with cholesterol -- my husband did have EXTREME hypertension, but his cholesterol is always fantastic. I eat hardly any cholesterol at all, by avoiding eggs and beef, and my BP is usually quite low... but I'm very prone to having a high reading on my LDL (the bad cholesterol) -- it seems to run in my family. Fortunately, I'm not overweight, don't have hypertension nor diabetes, so my doc just says "eat some cheerios and oatmeal, that'll fix it" -- no meds required. So make sure you give him plenty of oats to eat; the soluble fiber in oats does for the blood vessels what insoluble fiber does for the colon. ;)

Andria
I'm confused on one thing- when you cook bacon it is sizzling in its own fats, so how on Earth can it be low in cholesterol? Thanks!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm confused on one thing- when you cook bacon it is sizzling in its own fats, so how on Earth can it be low in cholesterol? Thanks!

Just because something has fat, doesn't mean it has cholesterol. Cholesterol is very high in beef and egg yolks, but pork has almost none, or actually none. It's from pigs, not cows. Bacon does have a good bit of fat, and definitely a lot of salt (and nitrites, which I think is a form of salt? not sure about that). But pork has little to no cholesterol at all. It's "the other white meat."

Andria

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Just because something has fat, doesn't mean it has cholesterol. Cholesterol is very high in beef and egg yolks, but pork has almost none, or actually none. It's from pigs, not cows. Bacon does have a good bit of fat, and definitely a lot of salt (and nitrites, which I think is a form of salt? not sure about that). But pork has little to no cholesterol at all. It's "the other white meat."

Andria

"The other white meat" is just an that people use to make you think it's healthy and buy it.. it's not really as healthy as chicken. I just Googled it and it says there are 68 milligrams of cholesterol in 3 oz of broiled pork loin.
There are 9mg of cholesterol in one strip of bacon. Per Google.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
"The other white meat" is just an that people use to make you think it's healthy and buy it.. it's not really as healthy as chicken. I just Googled it and it says there are 68 milligrams of cholesterol in 3 oz of broiled pork loin.
There are 9mg of cholesterol in one strip of bacon. Per Google.

Ok... remember i said "little or no" -- ONE egg yolk has 187mg of cholesterol!

Nothing in life is perfect -- just like with vaping. Sure, "not vaping" is healthier than vaping... but for ex-smokers, that's not the choice -- the choice is "vape or smoke" -- and vaping wins HANDS DOWN. Just as bacon wins hands down over ONE egg yolk. I eat 4-6 strips of bacon at most breakfasts -- that's 36-54mg of cholesterol -- STILL a hands down winner over ONE egg yolk.

Andria

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
your body makes cholesterol,,, having high# tells you you have inflammation somewhere in your body,, the goal should be find the root problem because just targeting cholesterol is like blaming the fireman for a fire because he is always seen at fires.

To understand that most animal fat is not harmful to you,,, you would have to research carnivore diets, ( I am currently doing a carnivore diet this cycle)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
your body makes cholesterol,,, having high# tells you you have inflammation somewhere in your body,, the goal should be find the root problem because just targeting cholesterol is like blaming the fireman for a fire because he is always seen at fires.

To understand that most animal fat is not harmful to you,,, you would have to research carnivore diets, ( I am currently doing a carnivore diet this cycle)

Yeah, it's not my high LDL's that make me avoid eating most cholesterol -- it's because of my gallstones; they apparently block most of the bile that my gallbladder makes from escaping my gallbladder into my small intestine, so I can't digest cholesterol properly... so it goes thru my colon virtually undigested, and makes me sick as a GOAT. Once I realized that I always felt sick for 3 days after eating eggs, I was able to finally narrow down what was causing me so much nausea and distress -- foods with high cholesterol. If go very easy on those foods, then I feel fine. Unfortunately that includes eggs, which I love... but I don't love them enough to suffer 3 days of nausea for eating them.

Andria

Check my post about having to go to the ER last night (for my shoulder, not anything vaping-related) and what the triage nurse said to me. Absolutely uninformed BS. We're definitely in a battle here in the States. So much different than the attitudes of the doctors I spoke to in France.

Thanks for opening this thread.

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Check my post about having to go to the ER last night (for my shoulder, not anything vaping-related) and what the triage nurse said to me. Absolutely uninformed BS. We're definitely in a battle here in the States. So much different than the attitudes of the doctors I spoke to in France.

Thanks for opening this thread.
Where is your thread at? Can you link it here?

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Ok... remember i said "little or no" -- ONE egg yolk has 187mg of cholesterol!

Nothing in life is perfect -- just like with vaping. Sure, "not vaping" is healthier than vaping... but for ex-smokers, that's not the choice -- the choice is "vape or smoke" -- and vaping wins HANDS DOWN. Just as bacon wins hands down over ONE egg yolk. I eat 4-6 strips of bacon at most breakfasts -- that's 36-54mg of cholesterol -- STILL a hands down winner over ONE egg yolk.

Andria

Update, my oh so healthy boyfriend was recently diagnosed with diabetes type 2, that runs in his family, so he probably would have killed over if I had not gone to his doctor appointment with him and taken notes for him, with the nurse and nutritionist, and then basically acted like his mother every time he needed to be reminded to eat- and how much he could eat.. and showed him the MyFitnessPal app so he could keep a check on his carbs, which is what they told him to watch.

So now, I think it was a reality check, because he seems much more concerned and much more willing to make a very quick change in his diet than before.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Update, my oh so healthy boyfriend was recently diagnosed with diabetes type 2, that runs in his family, so he probably would have killed over if I had not gone to his doctor appointment with him and taken notes for him, with the nurse and nutritionist, and then basically acted like his mother every time he needed to be reminded to eat- and how much he could eat.. and showed him the MyFitnessPal app so he could keep a check on his carbs, which is what they told him to watch.

So now, I think it was a reality check, because he seems much more concerned and much more willing to make a very quick change in his diet than before.

I was undecided about clicking "Like," because it's impossible to like anything about anyone being diagnosed with diabetes. But I "like" that maybe he's now "teachable."

It gallops in my family too, and it scares the bejesus out of me... which is why I've been very careful of my diet and weight starting from when I was about 16. My most recent bloodwork came back, earlier in the summer, and though my glucose and A1C are still perfectly normal, my lipids panel was basically FUBAR, and it has to be a genetic thing, because someone who eats the low fat/high fiber/whole grains diet that I do, should not have a lipids panel that funky -- and I know it's early-warning about the damn metabolic syndrome that seems to lead to diabetes. So, I've been eating a lot of Cheerios, and doing a very low-impact portion-control diet for a couple months now... and I've lost 6 lbs! I am so farking delighted! I'd like to lose about 4-5 more, but I'm not hurrying; I just keep *slightly* decreasing my portions, so my stomach shrinks a bit and I'm happier with less food -- and also, a) minimizing carbs to some extent, and b) trying to be very sparing with snacking -- now and then I do enjoy a few Lays potato chips, but I crunch for maybe 5-10 minutes, and then put them away. But at my age, losing 5-6 lbs is a big honkin deal! :)

Andria

Very sad to hear about your father. Is there any connection between cancer and vaping? Can somebody share with me some studies which show there is a direct relation between them? I found this article useful for myself https:// vapingdaily.com/blog/vape-nicotine-mice-cancer-research/, but I would be happy to discover more because I am colossal vapor. Now I think I should be more aware of it...

Last edited by a moderator:

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I was undecided about clicking "Like," because it's impossible to like anything about anyone being diagnosed with diabetes. But I "like" that maybe he's now "teachable."

It gallops in my family too, and it scares the bejesus out of me... which is why I've been very careful of my diet and weight starting from when I was about 16. My most recent bloodwork came back, earlier in the summer, and though my glucose and A1C are still perfectly normal, my lipids panel was basically FUBAR, and it has to be a genetic thing, because someone who eats the low fat/high fiber/whole grains diet that I do, should not have a lipids panel that funky -- and I know it's early-warning about the damn metabolic syndrome that seems to lead to diabetes. So, I've been eating a lot of Cheerios, and doing a very low-impact portion-control diet for a couple months now... and I've lost 6 lbs! I am so farking delighted! I'd like to lose about 4-5 more, but I'm not hurrying; I just keep *slightly* decreasing my portions, so my stomach shrinks a bit and I'm happier with less food -- and also, a) minimizing carbs to some extent, and b) trying to be very sparing with snacking -- now and then I do enjoy a few Lays potato chips, but I crunch for maybe 5-10 minutes, and then put them away. But at my age, losing 5-6 lbs is a big honkin deal! :)

Andria

You should use the My Fitness Pal app..I lost 80 lbs on it after a medication made me gain several years ago, and while I was still on the medication.. Just by putting in my weight, height, and my goal weight.. And it told me how many calories everything had, as well as carbs, salt, sugar, Etc - including food from the grocery store, home-cooked, or restaurant..

That is what my (now) ex-boyfriend has used to look up everything- because we don't cook. He has lost 20 pounds since he started several months ago. And now his diabetes is under control & even at a very healthy level, better than what the doctors asked of him..

But unfortunately, mine was 103 at my last physical, and I just had a blood draw today for another physical, but I know that my sugar has been around 100-120 a lot lately- because I've not been eating enough, and when I do it's not the right things- just something in a hurry.

Everyone I worked with, who told me about the app, all 6 of them in the office, had also lost a good bit of weight using that app.

I realized I was drinking more calories than I was eating everyday because of my dr. Pepper addiction.

*A tip with the potato chips, is to get out a handful or so on a paper towel, and put the bag back up- so when you see yourself running out of them, it is easier to stop.

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
https://www.vapingpost.com/2019/04/...s-not-associated-with-cardiovascular-disease/
Latest Study: Vaping is Not Associated with Cardiovascular Disease

On a show called THE DOCTORS, they said that vapping was/is safe- without nicotine..
I also think that a lot of people who used to smoke cigarettes and now vape, may have done so because they had a heart attack & that is what made them decide to switch.. because a lot of people will not quit or switch, until something bad happens.. so that could explain why dual users had the highest heart attack count.

Last edited:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you, I feel the same about healthcare

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Get him on low carb diet.. Under 20 grams a day.. Should fix him in 6-12 weeks.. Jason Fung is a Dr reversing T2D ..youtube him

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Get him on low carb diet.. Under 20 grams a day.. Should fix him in 6-12 weeks.. Jason Fung is a Dr reversing T2D ..youtube him

I may just have to use it for myself- because I am suspecting when my physical comes back.. that they will tell me I am borderline diabetic- if not type 2..
So, I'm trying to just eat what I want right now until I hear back.

As for my boyfriend's, he is now my
EX-boyfriend.. and I was INSTRUMENTAL in helping him COUNT CARBS, and telling him when to eat because he always forgot his meals or to take his blood sugar, so I got him into really good shape after I put the app on his phone he didn't want that searched + let you get all info logged on any food or meal..with fast food, home-cooked food, and food from the store.. So he is in good shape with his diabetes, but I am in not-so-good shape..

He is my ex now, so he's on his own. I tried to be friendly with him, but he can be a complete jerk a lot of the time, so what can you do?

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is the last chapter
What if everything you’ve been told about cancer was a lie?

What if cancer’s TRUE treatments and preventions are actually “hiding in plain sight,” but nobody is noticing them because the establishment and the media ignore them?

You know something? We all have got blinders on!

It’s like we’re all listening to the same old radio station playing the same old stuff, over and over again. What most people don’t realize is that our “medical establishment” owns the radio stations, so all we get to hear is what they want to tell us.

Most of us aren’t even aware that other stations and other music exists. But they do!!

Fortunately, there are countless doctors, scientists, researchers, and cancer survivors that are all playing a “different tune” than the one that we’ve been allowed to hear!

Yes, there are effective strategies to treat and beat cancer! And over the past several years,The Truth About Cancer team has been on a quest and traveling the world to discover many of these “hidden” tunes (truths) about cancer.

And I’m excited to tell you that they are about to release a brand-new, life-saving 9-episode cancer docu-series, with never-before-seen footage and interviews with over 150 experts from 25 countries across the globe.

It is called the Quest for the Cures: FINAL CHAPTER and it’s the most comprehensive cancer docu-series that they’ve ever produced!

And as always, they are going to release it FREE to the world!

>>Register to attend this free, online event!

Join me and discover the TRUTH about cancer. I look forward to seeing you there!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'World Cancer Day 02/04/22 In honor of every fighter, every survivor and every soul who lost their battle, we lift you and your family in prayer. Amen! Dear God, Cast out every bad cell and replace with a good one. -Shelby Condo Kelly's Treehouse'

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
We need to be somewhat sympathetic of the doctors...... to a point. Medical schools teach nothing of this (because the money-machines that support them won't hear of it) and most of the information they get and conferences they attend push only the information they want them to know. Follow the money. Thus, the info the average doc is working with is carefully selected to continue to push profits to the devils in charge. Honestly, we're talking crimes against humanity here.
i hate it when i go to my doctor and the first thing he says is " hi, how you feeling today" dohh if i was feeling good would i be bloody there!!

VU Sponsors