Become a Patron!

The "You Watt" Challenge - Closes 11/26/18 (9 Prizes Available)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I have really been eyeballin another cheap RX300. Obviously get the update for the unneccesary 400 watts but really want the battery life. Now I already BSed 350 on one of the CBK V12 coils and that hit only last 1.7 seconds long before it burns me up.

If I wanted to for the hell of it, what would be a good coil setup to handle the full 400 watts of power?
My question would be what batteries would be the safest if safe at all?

OmagaWright

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
My question would be what batteries would be the safest if safe at all?
If memory serves me correctly, I believe the manual states that it needs a minimum of 35 amp batteries. Max output is only 50 amps.

A good point though. I know there are some members out there with a few RX300s. I too am curious what would be a solid battery setup.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I have really been eyeballin another cheap RX300. Obviously get the update for the unneccesary 400 watts but really want the battery life. Now I already BSed 350 on one of the CBK V12 coils and that hit only last 1.7 seconds long before it burns me up.

If I wanted to for the hell of it, what would be a good coil setup to handle the full 400 watts of power?

You’d need a big deck with some big coils in it like you’d plan a series build...you’ll need to plan your stack so resistance isn’t too low or you’ll cap out the 50 amp output limit long before you reach 400w ....nothing lower than 0.16ohms....really you’ll be aiming higher than this though

I don’t know what the max voltage output for the RX300 is so I’m going to assume it can cover 8V ok which is what it’ll need for 0.16ohm ....to give you a rough idea a 0.4ohm coil requires about 12 volts output (the higher the resistance the more voltage output goes up)....short of this means it will chew into low battery cut out territory and drop your performance earlier if mod cannot deliver that output.

Low voltage cut out I’ll assume is 3V per cell ...high amp draw on those cells is now roughly 42amps each at 400W

Why update it to 400W though? 300W will still need 31amps

Samsung 20S get 4 of them is the short answer leave it at 300w too :)

OmagaWright

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
@KingPin! Wow that was alot to take in. But very well laid out and educational. Why Wismec decided anybody needed 400 wayts, let alone 300, is beyond me. I guess it was a marketing gimmick to get people excited.

As for needing the update, while 400 watts is nice and all, I dont know if there may be any bug fixes or safety patches in it, but best to get the update for safety sake.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
@KingPin! Wow that was alot to take in. But very well laid out and educational. Why Wismec decided anybody needed 400 wayts, let alone 300, is beyond me. I guess it was a marketing gimmick to get people excited.

As for needing the update, while 400 watts is nice and all, I dont know if there may be any bug fixes or safety patches in it, but best to get the update for safety sake.

Worth having a read through here mate and watch every single episode if you haven’t before (I try to keep it up to date with his latest links)

Episode 3 explains a bit more what you are after

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/moochs-video-library-and-battery-table-links.384867/

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT

Some people do go that high. I personally cannot but it does happen. I know some people who vape the devil's pitchfork on their LIPO setups.

OmagaWright

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Some people do go that high. I personally cannot but it does happen. I know some people who vape the devil's pitchfork on their LIPO setups.
Curse you senior members and your hippy terms lol.

So now what is a devil's pitchfork and how bad is that?

Cant say I vape at those levels on daily basis for the simple two facts of 1. not much satisfaction in high heat deep hits and 2. way too much juice consumption.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Curse you senior members and your hippy terms lol.

So now what is a devil's pitchfork and how bad is that?

Cant say I vape at those levels on daily basis for the simple two facts of 1. not much satisfaction in high heat deep hits and 2. way too much juice consumption.
Not a vape term. Riding on the devil's pitchfork = Hotter than hell.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Lo

Lol my bad. The way you made it sound, I thought the devil's pitchfork was some new coil build I aint seen yet. I was about to start googlin for it.

No worries. I dont know how folks vape at such high wattages like that, its uncomfortable. I like cool, dense clouds. Some of that shit is like vaping straight fire with a Carolina Reaper chaser.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So over the holidays I decided to try and learn to build alien coils. This is a dual build coming in at .17 ohms. Actually worked out perfectly for my dual style. I usually don't like to go below.15 unless it's a tank coil and I can do nothing about that. Hope we had a great holiday.
944fe62a2667f0e00c49c94ada845411.jpg

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
So over the holidays I decided to try and learn to build alien coils. This is a dual build coming in at .17 ohms. Actually worked out perfectly for my dual style. I usually don't like to go below.15 unless it's a tank coil and I can do nothing about that. Hope we had a great holiday.

Looks pretty sweet.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

Banging job mate congrats and gorgeous colours as well :cheers:

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Damnit to hell...all of these folks finding out the hidden agenda that Aliens aren’t as much of a beast to make as they first appears is going to make me have to go back to the basics and start learning more difficult coils before I go extinct.
Hmmmm...part of that almost reads like something out of Area 51

Do things by the book...just be sure that you are the author

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

holy smokes :eek: great work man :cheers:

philbh

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Okay, I started out building Protank II coils using 28 guage kanthal wire and a 4 penny nail. Always felt like I needed MORE. Next was a Magma RDA where I tried simple twisted 28 guage on a 4Nine Mech clone. I have to admit, I wasn't really experienced enough to make that jump, but I did it without taking safety for granted. I moved on to regulated mods, where I could build any reasonable coil, and get a satisfactory vape from it. I made a few claptons from scratch, but failed at attempts to make a decent fused clapton. Even tried to do aliens a few times, I just don't have the patience, or enough wire to practice with. SO, these days, I do it the lazy way, pre-made coils! Nice fused claptons are just so affordable, I can't justify spending my time and effort to make my own crappy coils....

Lately, I have been using these NI80 fused claptons (3-26/36) in the 70 to 80 watt range for a dual coil build at .12 ohms. I use dual coils with a dual battery mod and I use the same coils in single coil atties at around .24 ohm, still running around 70 watts - typically on a single battery squonker. I almost always will space my coils at least a little bit, prevents hot spots and just works better IMO Always direct lung for me. I'm all about the flavor, but I like the clouds too.
I like the same coils in drippers or RTA's.
This build has an extra wrap, so the resistance is a little higher, I think it was .16

1. upload_2018-11-25_22-1-50.png

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay, I started out building Protank II coils using 28 guage kanthal wire and a 4 penny nail. Always felt like I needed MORE. Next was a Magma RDA where I tried simple twisted 28 guage on a 4Nine Mech clone. I have to admit, I wasn't really experienced enough to make that jump, but I did it without taking safety for granted. I moved on to regulated mods, where I could build any reasonable coil, and get a satisfactory vape from it. I made a few claptons from scratch, but failed at attempts to make a decent fused clapton. Even tried to do aliens a few times, I just don't have the patience, or enough wire to practice with. SO, these days, I do it the lazy way, pre-made coils! Nice fused claptons are just so affordable, I can't justify spending my time and effort to make my own crappy coils....

Lately, I have been using these NI80 fused claptons (3-26/36) in the 70 to 80 watt range for a dual coil build at .12 ohms. I use dual coils with a dual battery mod and I use the same coils in single coil atties at around .24 ohm, still running around 70 watts - typically on a single battery squonker. I almost always will space my coils at least a little bit, prevents hot spots and just works better IMO Always direct lung for me. I'm all about the flavor, but I like the clouds too.
I like the same coils in drippers or RTA's.
This build has an extra wrap, so the resistance is a little higher, I think it was .27

1. View attachment 125008
I'm the same way I think. I love a flavor build but want to know I inhaled some vapor. But at the same time I hate 3 or 4 MTL devices as well. Vaping is so versatile sometimes.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Final orders at the bar :drunk:

I’ll be closing this and drawing in a little under 3 hours time folks

Eligible Community Members for the Draw so far

1. gopher_byrd
  2. Smiling Ogre
  3. VAPEROXX
  4. PaulS
  5. Nailz
  6. mach1ne
  7. Wtmke1
  8. OmagaWright
  9. ScReWbALL
  10. WPMac
  11. Carambrda
  12. The Cromwell
  13. Lady Sarah
  14. SteveS45
  15. BrokenChef
  16. Blazel78
  17. Just Frank
  18. LeanPipe
  19. styphoiz
  20. GillyDaKidd78
  21. labratzpy
  22. Cosmic Truth
  23. philbh
If you don’t see your name on there but did post sadly it wasnt enough to meet the entry requirements, however you still have time (or anyone else that wants to get involved) just check the opening post for the challenge rules

Couple of close calls this month must say ;)

73neb

Member For 4 Years
Better late than never I guess...

I typically Vape in the 55-65 watt range on regulated squonkers. My builds are Ni80 triple 26ga wrapped with 40ga fused claptons at around 0.25 ohms on a pulse 22 or 24 with an 810 tip. I like the draw to be wide open for a 2-3 second direct lung inhale. I try to maximize flavor with a good amount of vapor. I do cloud chase on rare occasion, but flavor takes precedence. I only use power mode, no TC. This has become my go to setup for a while now. I started vaping with a kanger pro tank, quickly moved on to Reo’s with small rda’s and other mech squonkers, but this year have pretty much fully switched to regulated due to the convenience factor that I don’t have to tailor the coil to the mod/atty combo. I’ve made fancy coils in the past, but it’s so much less time consuming to buy a roll of pre-made wire and just make a quick coil and get to vaping. Hope this helps someone on their vape journey. Feel free to ask questions. Thanks
2e969ebb0191edb938282c5b2687ec55.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality pic.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Our Second Challenge has ended!

Thank you all very much for contributing, our team aim with this challenge was to try and inspire budding builders with ideas, but also let them know there isn’t just one way of doing things, id say 9 pages in you’ve all done a marvellous job for the community....with over 400 posts theres certainly enough content here to give people a great start.

F1r3b1rd will be opening our next challenge this week, something everyone can get involved in ready for the Christmas break. We plan to close the next one a little earlier so we can all kick back and enjoy some well earned time off with family and friends.

Once again thank you all for stopping by, thank you to our awesome community sponsors, and finally a massive thank you to the challenge team who put many many hours behind the scenes getting these to you all.

So without further ado, onto the rolls for the Youwatt challenge!.......if you win your name will be removed from the list before rolling the next

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good luck to everyone. And I did see a comment that they got a lot out if the contest. I hope everyone did. It's always good to see everyones vaping style. Most time I just assume it's all clouds. Nice to see not everyone uses huge coils and hope that maybe someone will see this thread and give it a try.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Good luck to everyone. And I did see a comment that they got a lot out if the contest. I hope everyone did. It's always good to see everyones vaping style. Most time I just assume it's all clouds. Nice to see not everyone uses huge coils and hope that maybe someone will see this thread and give it a try.

Wtmke1, you really nailed it!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
1st up is our Community Sponsor @WotofoOfficial

Wotofo are kindly offering 3 individual prize packs for our community. Each pack include 2 products:

1 x Flux kit
https://www.wotofo.com/wotofo-flux-kit.html
1 x "Kepp Vaping" T-shirt (request size when you get in touch)
https://www.wotofo.com/wotofo-keep-vaping-t-shirt.html

Wotofo Shipping info

If you are selected for an award please PM WotofoOfficial to arrange free shipping quote “youwatt challenge” we will let them know In advance the member names

You will need to provide shipping information including name, full address (including country), contact number and email for tracking purposes

The 1st roll names
  1. gopher_byrd
  2. Smiling Ogre
  3. VAPEROXX
  4. PaulS
  5. Nailz
  6. mach1ne
  7. Wtmke1
  8. OmagaWright
  9. ScReWbALL
  10. WPMac
  11. Carambrda
  12. The Cromwell
  13. Lady Sarah
  14. SteveS45
  15. BrokenChef
  16. Blazel78
  17. Just Frank
  18. LeanPipe
  19. styphoiz
  20. GillyDaKidd78
  21. labratzpy
  22. Cosmic Truth
  23. philbh
  24. 73neb
B504C926-66FC-4E2A-B815-81F3F9C5E7D5.jpeg

Congratulations @labratzpy
:stars:

2nd roll names
  1. gopher_byrd
  2. Smiling Ogre
  3. VAPEROXX
  4. PaulS
  5. Nailz
  6. mach1ne
  7. Wtmke1
  8. OmagaWright
  9. ScReWbALL
  10. WPMac
  11. Carambrda
  12. The Cromwell
  13. Lady Sarah
  14. SteveS45
  15. BrokenChef
  16. Blazel78
  17. Just Frank
  18. LeanPipe
  19. styphoiz
  20. GillyDaKidd78
  21. Cosmic Truth
  22. philbh
  23. 73neb
C78B96CB-B164-417B-9BF6-E5AD60FAEEDB.jpeg
Congratulations @BrokenChef

3rd roll names
  1. gopher_byrd
  2. Smiling Ogre
  3. VAPEROXX
  4. PaulS
  5. Nailz
  6. mach1ne
  7. Wtmke1
  8. OmagaWright
  9. ScReWbALL
  10. WPMac
  11. Carambrda
  12. The Cromwell
  13. Lady Sarah
  14. SteveS45
  15. Blazel78
  16. Just Frank
  17. LeanPipe
  18. styphoiz
  19. GillyDaKidd78
  20. Cosmic Truth
  21. philbh
  22. 73neb
9BBBD38A-F97E-47AD-AEB0-3C31523A88E5.jpeg

Congratulations @gopher_byrd

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Next up is Community Sponsor: @Heaven Gifts

Heaven Gifts are kindly offering 3 individual prizes for our community. Each Prize consists of 2 items;

1 x OBS Cheetah 2 RDA
https://www.heavengifts.com/product/OBS-Cheetah-2-RDA-Tank.html

1 x Advken Doctor Coil Organic Cotton
https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Advken-Doctor-Coil-Organic-Cotton.html

Heaven Gifts Shipping Info

If you are selected for an award please first PM heavensgifts then contact [email protected] to arrange free shipping quote “youwatt challenge”.... we will let them know In advance the member names

You will need to provide shipping information including name, full address (including country), contact number and email for tracking purposes

4th roll names
  1. Smiling Ogre
  2. VAPEROXX
  3. PaulS
  4. Nailz
  5. mach1ne
  6. Wtmke1
  7. OmagaWright
  8. ScReWbALL
  9. WPMac
  10. Carambrda
  11. The Cromwell
  12. Lady Sarah
  13. SteveS45
  14. Blazel78
  15. Just Frank
  16. LeanPipe
  17. styphoiz
  18. GillyDaKidd78
  19. Cosmic Truth
  20. philbh
  21. 73neb
6375FC12-DA7F-405C-A8EC-592966F7145B.jpeg
Congratulations @Lady Sarah

5th Roll names
  1. Smiling Ogre
  2. VAPEROXX
  3. PaulS
  4. Nailz
  5. mach1ne
  6. Wtmke1
  7. OmagaWright
  8. ScReWbALL
  9. WPMac
  10. Carambrda
  11. The Cromwell
  12. SteveS45
  13. Blazel78
  14. Just Frank
  15. LeanPipe
  16. styphoiz
  17. GillyDaKidd78
  18. Cosmic Truth
  19. philbh
  20. 73neb
56FCE0C9-4A79-447C-9913-B15DCB050A5A.jpeg
Congratulations @PaulS

6th roll names
  1. Smiling Ogre
  2. VAPEROXX
  3. Nailz
  4. mach1ne
  5. Wtmke1
  6. OmagaWright
  7. ScReWbALL
  8. WPMac
  9. Carambrda
  10. The Cromwell
  11. SteveS45
  12. Blazel78
  13. Just Frank
  14. LeanPipe
  15. styphoiz
  16. GillyDaKidd78
  17. Cosmic Truth
  18. philbh
  19. 73neb
41AA512F-7C43-4A3E-9529-2156B9CE63D3.jpeg
Congratulations @ScReWbALL

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Final rolls for Community Sponsor: @Vapefly Official

Vapefly are kindly offering 3 individual prizes for our community. Each prize consists of;

1 x Pixie RDA
http://www.vapefly.net/vapefly-pixie-rda/

Vapefly Shipping Info

If you are selected for an award please PM Vapefly Official to arrange free shipping quote “youwatt challenge”.... we will let them know In advance the member names

7th roll names
  1. Smiling Ogre
  2. VAPEROXX
  3. Nailz
  4. mach1ne
  5. Wtmke1
  6. OmagaWright
  7. WPMac
  8. Carambrda
  9. The Cromwell
  10. SteveS45
  11. Blazel78
  12. Just Frank
  13. LeanPipe
  14. styphoiz
  15. GillyDaKidd78
  16. Cosmic Truth
  17. philbh
  18. 73neb
532044CC-70B6-4581-8DB3-94838B1F84CE.jpeg
Congratulations @VAPEROXX

8th roll names
  1. Smiling Ogre
  2. Nailz
  3. mach1ne
  4. Wtmke1
  5. OmagaWright
  6. WPMac
  7. Carambrda
  8. The Cromwell
  9. SteveS45
  10. Blazel78
  11. Just Frank
  12. LeanPipe
  13. styphoiz
  14. GillyDaKidd78
  15. Cosmic Truth
  16. philbh
  17. 73neb
C2408D3C-428F-47E4-A27A-9D5171E46E7E.jpeg
Congratulations @mach1ne

9th and final roll of this challenge
  1. Smiling Ogre
  2. Nailz
  3. Wtmke1
  4. OmagaWright
  5. WPMac
  6. Carambrda
  7. The Cromwell
  8. SteveS45
  9. Blazel78
  10. Just Frank
  11. LeanPipe
  12. styphoiz
  13. GillyDaKidd78
  14. Cosmic Truth
  15. philbh
  16. 73neb
2AA17BC8-440C-497A-8F89-7ACA6CF6564E.jpeg

Congratulations @WPMac

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
That concludes the rolls everyone, sorry we couldn’t get enough for everyone :( but you are all hero’s in our eyes

Good news is we have 8 prizes ready for the next challenge! so don’t forget to stop on by and say hello, look forward to seeing you all there :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors