Become a Patron!

Twisted kanthal for cores on fused clapton?

Cudge82

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I only have 32gauge kanthal. Was thinking of grabbing 2 or 3 bits and twisting it then doubling it over and wrapping woth the 32. Would i run into any issues here? Would it be possible to get up near 1 ohm this way? Thanks.

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Twisting multiple strands is a good way to get thicker wire and does give good flavor and vapor. I have tried to clapton twisted wire but was a PITA. The twists tend to pull the wire you are wrapping around the core off and makes it really hard to get a tight wrap. I would stick to just twisting wire till you can get something a little larger for a core.

Cudge82

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Twisting multiple strands is a good way to get thicker wire and does give good flavor and vapor. I have tried to clapton twisted wire but was a PITA. The twists tend to pull the wire you are wrapping around the core off and makes it really hard to get a tight wrap. I would stick to just twisting wire till you can get something a little larger for a core.
Thanks for that. I learned of riptripper(i think) that when you twist 3 wires together, you attach it to the drill and grab it near the drill with pliers then spin and pull away gently smoothing out the twisted kanthal so its a lot smoother but still has small grooves. Would that not help get a tighter wrap if the cores were smoother?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for that. I learned of riptripper(i think) that when you twist 3 wires together, you attach it to the drill and grab it near the drill with pliers then spin and pull away gently smoothing out the twisted kanthal so its a lot smoother but still has small grooves. Would that not help get a tighter wrap if the cores were smoother?
I've seen that video myself. You know, it might actually help. Just give it a try and keep us posted.

BTW, 3 strands twisted 32g, should get you to a 30g.

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Parallel(fused) Clapton's would be the best bet

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Those are my current favorites.

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
32g kanthal fused Clapton would come out to approximately 1.21Ω with 5 wraps around a 2mm post according to Steam Engine.

Capture1.png

Tepid

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
nm, need more research for what I had posted here.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors