Become a Patron!

Updates on the IPV4????

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ah yes that's another thing I learnt recently (maybe from you even!) But I keep forgetting to do so, even since I numbered each battery.

I have noticed with both my VF and my IPV4 that when I put the batteries on the charger, one always reads 0.1v higher than the other. What I don't quite get is why that happens also on the parallel VF, and not only the series IPV4.

But yeah I keep meaning to make a note of which battery went in which slot and then rotating next time. I shall have to start doing that.
For me, I forget things. Best way I've found to swap em is to pull the right battery and put it in the left charger sled, same for the left battery to the right charger sled. I always know then, that the way they are charging is the rotated way to go in the device. Makes it thoughtless.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ah yes that's another thing I learnt recently (maybe from you even!) But I keep forgetting to do so, even since I numbered each battery.

I have noticed with both my VF and my IPV4 that when I put the batteries on the charger, one always reads 0.1v higher than the other. What I don't quite get is why that happens also on the parallel VF, and not only the series IPV4.

But yeah I keep meaning to make a note of which battery went in which slot and then rotating next time. I shall have to start doing that.

Thanks for contributing all the info you have it's been super helpful to me and everyone. keep it up will make a youtube reviewer out of you yet!!!

Not all same brand same make batteries are exactly the same they will have slight capacity differences, they do their best to make sure they are within spec, the ones that don't cut it from the big brands ( LG,Samsung,eg ) get thrown in a lower bin and sold at discount to other companies who then rewrap them with their own branding.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
thats nothing apparently efest claims to have a 80 amp 18650 roflmao!
Introducing the new efest battery that can start a car. Simultaneously you can plug in your favorite device for an all day vape. "disclaimer: may cause death if used inappropriately"

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Introducing the new efest battery that can start a car. Simultaneously you can plug in your favorite device for an all day vape. "disclaimer: may cause death if used inappropriately"
Remember if its printed on the battery wrapper it must mean it's real no matter what.
I'm assuming you have tried those vamped 40 amp batt's before.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Remember if its printed on the battery wrapper it must mean it's real no matter what.
I'm assuming you have tried those vamped 40 amp batt's before.
Just by the looks of those things I would have thought it was a Duracell on steroids lol

Notice how I didn't say an 18650.....lol

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just by the looks of those things I would have thought it was a Duracell on steroids lol

Notice how I didn't say an 18650.....lol
I'll just stick to my Sammie 25r's till the Sony factory starts spewing out my preferred batt's shouldn't be to long now maybe another month or two.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah my b&m has my blue Sammie 25r's. I love them and use them in all my devices....and will be used for my ipv4

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just ordered a jwrap for my IPV4. Head over to Jwraps if you want one.
Any Pics of the wraps? cheked their site they emailed me today and said they are discounted for the iPV4.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Any Pics of the wraps? cheked their site they emailed me today and said they are discounted for the iPV4.
6 dollars less than the usual amoujt. Probably because the real estate of the device isn't much lol....as someone else stated.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
6 dollars less than the usual amoujt. Probably because the real estate of the device isn't much lol....as someone else stated.
I would wanna see what it looks like before purchasing. I got my wrap for my sx mini the other it's fits pretty good, but they had images on the site of it.

Here's what they sent me regarding the iPV4.

Unfortunately, the materials we use for wraps will not stick to that removable shell part. That’s why the wrap for this particular device is discounted on our website. The material they used to make the shell will not allow anything to adhere to it.

Thanks,
Eden Llovio | Graphics

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would wanna see what it looks like before purchasing. I got my wrap for my sx mini the other it's fits pretty good, but they had images on the site of it.

Here's what they sent me regarding the iPV4.

Unfortunately, the materials we use for wraps will not stick to that removable shell part. That’s why the wrap for this particular device is discounted on our website. The material they used to make the shell will not allow anything to adhere to it.

Thanks,
Eden Llovio | Graphics
Well that's interesting....I will definitely wait till they have a more "completed" look.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well that's interesting....I will definitely wait till they have a more "completed" look.
For sure no sense in buying something that I'm not even sure will look good or not. ( fit my taste )
All I really want is this screen cover, it just looks better then the mirrored chrome IMO.

8d8609ead5c255876e89c8f64f911838.jpg

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I really don't want to have to DIY my device for that screen to look better. I also don't want to sand buff the screen. God forbid I drop the damn thing and the underlying screen breaks out lol....I'm accident prone :/

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I really don't want to have to DIY my device for that screen to look better. God forbid I drop the damn thing and the underlying screen breaks out lol....I'm accident prone :/
same here with my luck, hopefully something will come along.

Mopar_Daddy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anyone using the awt 18650 40a batteries? Just curious if i made a good choice.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anyone using the awt 18650 40a batteries? Just curious if i made a good choice.
As far as I know they are rewrapped batteries. There's a post somewhere in this thread that explains that.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My shop recommended these AWT 40A/2600 mAh batts..
1f3a94f4df73adbe2eb05b0d99dcebf1.jpg
..bought 4...

from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk
Rewrapped Samsung 25r's wrong specs said....but decent battery still

TheBloke

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Guys, on this screen cover issue.

I went out to the hardware store today and came back with 1000 grit sandpaper. I could not find anything higher - for that I'd need to order on eBay.

In his separate thread, Budkiss said he used 1000 grit followed by 3000 grit followed by "polishing liquid" -ie most of the contents of a headlight restoration kit.

My question is, do I need to spend another $15 or so on a full kit? Or at least do I need to separately buy 3000 grit paper and polishing liquid to add to my 1000 grit?

Or can I get away with less? What would the screen look like if I just used the 1000, for example? Or what might it look like with 1000 + 3000 but no polishing liquid?

Budkiss also mentioned maybe using emory boards, but I'm not yet sure what they're equivalent too - ie are they like 1k or 3k sandpaper. I've asked him all this on his thread but if anyone hear knows sooner, that'd be a bonus. I know @Maverik_X said he'd done this at a tint shop before.

Sorry for basic questions I'm new to all matters DIY so have no experience of sanding anything, ever! :)

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I went out to the hardware store today and came back with 1000 grit sandpaper. I could not find anything higher - for that I'd need to order on eBay.

In his separate thread, Budkiss said he used 1000 grit followed by 3000 grit followed by "polishing liquid" -ie most of the contents of a headlight restoration kit.

My question is, do I need to spend another $15 or so on a full kit? Or at least do I need to separately buy 3000 grit paper and polishing liquid to add to my 1000 grit?

Or can I get away with less? What would the screen look like if I just used the 1000, for example? Or what might it look like with 1000 + 3000 but no polishing liquid?

Budkiss also mentioned maybe using emory boards, but I'm not yet sure what they're equivalent too - ie are they like 1k or 3k sandpaper. I've asked him all this on his thread but if anyone hear knows sooner, that'd be a bonus. I know @Maverik_X said he'd done this at a tint shop before.

Sorry for basic questions I'm new to all matters DIY so have no experience of sanding anything, ever! :)
It's my personal opinion ya'all are making a big deal over this screen protector.... I did pull off that clear protective film and that brightened up the display some....I had it out and about yesterday and could read the display clearly.....especially in my truck... My pappa always told me "if it ain't broke don't fix it"..
That applies here, for me anyway..

Wooglin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Has anyone else ordered from ecigaretteempire. It says it shipped Monday but no tracking number and I still haven't been charged.

Yes I did. I ordered mine last Thursday evening, got tracking that same night, and it arrived on Saturday.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

:)
Sorry for basic questions I'm new to all matters DIY so have no experience of sanding anything, ever!

Try a simple pencil eraser first

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Well, my priority 2-Day is supposed to be delivered today, but no scans since leaving L.A. I'm either gonna get it in my mailbox and a bunch of scans will appear, or my guess, it's coming tomorrow. No biggie, but come on USPS. I hope it actually gets here today.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, my priority 2-Day is supposed to be delivered today, but no scans since leaving L.A. I'm either gonna get it in my mailbox and a bunch of scans will appear, or my guess, it's coming tomorrow. No biggie, but come on USPS. I hope it actually gets here today.

Mine appears to be stuck in LA also - which is ridiculous since I'm just 20 miles away!

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mine is stuck in Paramount CA. With "Shipping label created" since yesterday morning....

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was the shipping label created in LA or at the vendor location..just curious.. Lol

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Shit if I know lol

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Shit if I know lol
Lol
Usually the label is created by the vendor, sent electronically to USPS..
The item won't ship anywhere without it....just sayin

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's my personal opinion ya'all are making a big deal over this screen protector.... I did pull off that clear protective film and that brightened up the display some....I had it out and about yesterday and could read the display clearly.....especially in my truck... My pappa always told me "if it ain't broke don't fix it"..
That applies here, for me anyway..

I wish I was younger and my eyes were not degrading lol. Seriously though I think the ipv3 screen is hard to read in direct sunlight and figure this one is even worse.

CTFX

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Then I would assume it's still in the vendor's hands. You answered your own question lol

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't count your chickens before they hatch. My 2/3 day priority packages from Michigan to LA, have been taking 6 to 7 days. 1st class, 10 to 12

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wish I was younger and my eyes were not degrading lol. Seriously though I think the ipv3 screen is hard to read in direct sunlight and figure this one is even worse.
I'm not usually out in sunlight most of the time... But if I find the screen is hard to read I can hit the fire button and the screen is much brighter for a quick batt check..
BTW, I'm getting better batt life out of the IPV4 vs IPV3... the IPV3 is good but the V4 is better... its lasting for about 50hrs of total vape time on one charge..
That's vaping a .25 ohm tank at 42w
I haven't vaped joules mode long enough at one time yet to see how long it goes on a single charge...but I'm sure it's all good...

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't count your chickens before they hatch. My 2/3 day priority packages from Michigan to LA, have been taking 6 to 7 days. 1st class, 10 to 12
That's odd... My 2 day priority juice orders out of New York arrive here (San Diego county) in exactly 3 days...every time.. The Ni200 coils I ordered out of FL got here in 3 days also...can't figure why it would be longer going to LA..strange indeed...

st0nedpenguin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Out for delivery.

inb4 mailman delivers to the wrong address.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered something else from Florida the same day I ordered the IPV from Los Angeles (20-30 miles away). The Florida item was delivered today, the IPV is still 'in transit' from LA. Sheesh, I should have just driven and picked it up!

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Mine definitely left L.A. I have five scans from label created, to when it departed the sort facility, and today is still showing as delivery. I've had this happen before and just magically be in my box, I'll know in the next few hours. My mail comes as early as now, or as late as 5:00. It's a guessing game with USPS, that's why I paid about $2.50 more for priority 2-day. Delivery date still means nothing, but they seem to move faster than First Class. We shall see.

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Looks like the first round of Smog ipv pre orders are finally shipping from China. Minus the black ones. Which is what I ordered. P4Y is one big disappointment after another. What a bunch of scumbags! I might ditch this device and try an SX Mini instead. Honestly, the price and form factor were unimportant to me in this purchase. Two batts, 100 watts and TC were all I was interested in. Oh well. On to the next probably.

Reactions: JXN

st0nedpenguin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I ordered something else from Florida the same day I ordered the IPV from Los Angeles (20-30 miles away). The Florida item was delivered today, the IPV is still 'in transit' from LA. Sheesh, I should have just driven and picked it up!

In the time it took for my IPV4 just to escape Opa Locka I made two separate orders from Temco that shipped and are going to arrive today too. o_O

VU Sponsors