Uwell Crown Issues PLEASE HELP

Gear:
Kanger Topbox mini
Uwell Crown
Samsung 18650
3mg 70/30 mix juice
.5ohm coil vaping at 50watts
-----------------------------------------------
I recently purchased a new mod being the kanger Topbox mini since my old mod quit working. I had been having issues with my old tank where no matter what I did I was getting almost no flavor so I figured I would also purchase a new tank, so I got the Uwell crown after I had tried a friends and loved it. Well, it is now about a week later and to no avail I am still getting almost 0 flavor. I have primed the coils correctly, I have done the break in period where you slowly bump up wattage, I have literally tried everything and nothing gives me flavor. I'm not necessarily getting a burnt or dry hit, I just simply do not get the flavor. (And before you ask, no I do not have vapors tongue. I have tried resetting my olfactory senses with anything you could think of and that's not the case). Can someone please point me in the right direction and tell me what is wrong? I'm tired of blowing money on coils and still having horrible results, I'm so close to going back to smoking.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome to VU

You haven't mention anything about the juice. Is it a DIY or premade, and same as you were getting good flavor previously? Do you shake it regularly to keep the flavor & nic distributed evenly? I've had them separate out somewhat.

I use .5 coils at 35W, so maybe the heat could be too much for the flavor?

The juice is store bought. And it's a brand new bottle, I have also tried with other bottles that have aged and I still get no flavor. I included a picture of the current juice I'm trying to use. And also, some of the .5 ohm coils I have I can vape at 50watts and it's cool vape and totally fine, and some I have, Even vaping at 30watts is extremely hot vapor. And I get no flavor at any wattage

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    708.7 KB · Views: 8

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never heard of that brand. Did you try it on another rig? Sometimes even store bought stuff can be lame. I've won contest bottles that I wouldn't vape after a tank.

Yes and it tastes fine on other peoples rigs. And the coils are Uwell brand coils since I have the crown tank. I'm just confused. I've had bad luck with flavor on my last three tanks and I've come to the conclusion that it can't be the tanks. It has to be something I'm doing and I just can't figure out what I'm done oing

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since you also had this issue with your previous set up, my money is still on the fact it's vapors tongue. This isn't something you can necessarily 'reset' - it can take weeks for some people.

The other thing that might help is to visit a vape store and try their juice.

I have visited vape stores to try juice. I buy all of my juice at a b&m shop. And It's not vapers tongue because I've had other people try it and they can't taste it either

Update, I only get flavor after the tank has set without vaping for a few hours, and then the flavor only lasts a short time. I also get flavor when the tank is almost empty. But it can't be a wicking problem because it pops when i vape and I get air bubbles coming up to show that it's wicking.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the 0.25 coil a lot better than the 0.5 coil but you need some power to push that one to it's potential. IMO you need a dual cell mod to get an actual 60w to the coil.
With that 0.25 coil, 60w single cell power does not vape anything like 60w dual cell power.
Do you have a friend with a dual or triple cell mod that you could try the 0.25 coil that came with the tank (if you haven't used it already)?

Some people think it works better in power mode than TC but I like it both ways... TC just allows me to vape it dry and swap flavors.

I have heard of fake crown coils that look just like the authentic packaging and suck but I don't think I have fallen victim to a fake... or if I did, the fakes vaped just fine and I had no idea lol.

I am having trouble with my Crown as well. I am using .50 ohm coil, I prime the hell out of it, and I don't go over 40watt. My juice is 65vg. I am constantly getting dry/burnt tasting hits. When I put a new and primed coil in, it's great for about one or two days. After that it's one good hit and it's like it has to sit and cool off before I can take another hi it w/o getting a dry/burnt hit. I, like the other guy am about ready to sell the damn thing. It was great when I first got the tank back in March. Now it just sucks.

VU Sponsors