Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Always good on a Saturday morning as a kid, if I had a chance to catch it. :) Yep, even as a kid I had a dark humor. Then, as a kid I was put to tending a half acre garden, five years old.

Year or two on it was a garden, mowing an acre, splitting and managing firewood. I also helped mom do laundry, wash dishes, cook, clean, attend my brothers. Helped Papaw John with his farming. Wouldn't have thought from age four the act of crossing the street with a shopping list, bringing groceries home would lead to more responsibilities.

Believe its called living though. Don't have any regrets of my own. No regrets for me when I could possibly sit all day counting the regrets of some of the adults who made that my life. Oh well, it was what it was.

I'll be glad after January if I can get back to custodial work, even part time as needed. Least then I might not think so damn much.

Last edited:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I know that. But you've probably ascertained I'm not the kind what let's others carry his weight. I'm also not the kind what rules with an iron fist either. And I know you of anyone here know exactly what it means to be considered head of three households.

I keep feeling a failure daily because of this aspect of life. Truth be told though, it's not under my control and probably never was intended to be, will be. Hate feeling "just along for the ride".

Seems for now that's all I can muster being. Keep living here too, as well getting tired of thinking "one day, some day". Grew up seeing how some day never came. Hoping that doesn't happen now. Hm, maybe I need to ask Santa for a dojo. *chuckles*

All I know is, my Lady, she deserves better.

Well, I know a few more things, ...

"Hey buddy, yeah youse there, ... welcome to the human race!"

I don't know half o' what I don't know and I'm okay with that.

Love to you, and hugs to Christy.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
giphy.gif

Have a great day, everyone. <3

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So I go to my laptop which was asleep but plugged in and found I now have a BRICK~! Power Supply died so it ran on battery until depleted. I should have noticed it last time I found it Hybernating~! Now I have to wait for a new PS and battery to come. Hopefully sooner than the estimated delivery date. Now messing with my Back Up Laptop which is Windows 10 which sucks the big one~!

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Win 7 was the best of the Windows, but it's EOS now. I'm used to Win 10 since that's what's on my work laptop. I have Win 10 on my personal laptop, but I usually boot into various different Linux distros. Right now I'm booted into Linux Mint 2010.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Win 7 was the best of the Windows, but it's EOS now. I'm used to Win 10 since that's what's on my work laptop. I have Win 10 on my personal laptop, but I usually boot into various different Linux distros. Right now I'm booted into Linux Mint 2010.

I still run a couple of machines with XP Pro on my Network here. Have a Dual Boot machine with Vista and XP Pro that blew up in Isaiah which I replaced with a Windows Ultimate OS.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So against my better judgement decided to try the update for MS Edge. After install the Browser is now freaking useless~! Opens 4 tabs with nothing and freezes. So now I checked for updates and Win 10 has no user freaking control so can't pick which to install or when unless I just want to pause them all~! Glad my parts will get here soon~!

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Good morning everyone..
So against my better judgement decided to try the update for MS Edge. After install the Browser is now freaking useless~! Opens 4 tabs with nothing and freezes. So now I checked for updates and Win 10 has no user freaking control so can't pick which to install or when unless I just want to pause them all~! Glad my parts will get here soon~!
On my reload of W10 Edge took over the computer, first thing I did was replace it with Firefox. Been experimenting with Chrome also....

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good morning everyone..

On my reload of W10 Edge took over the computer, first thing I did was replace it with Firefox. Been experimenting with Chrome also....

I run Firefox but sites like Vz it doesn't work with so I use Chrome on another machine (Win 7 Pro) and tried Edge on Win 7 Ultimate but with my Back Up Laptop which I barely use I said WTH let me try it~! Now sitting here waiting for updates to install before I can restart and see if I have to uninstall Edge. Freaking MS and their infinite Dumbassery~! Explorer was a good browser for years but they stopped with 11 and basically crippled IE 11.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And here we go with the 1st of MANY Restarts~! I haven't updated this machine since the Cortana Fiasco but at least I already have that turned off for good~!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Psst, ... hey buddy. You can try Debian before deciding to install. I suggest the LXDE flavor as it seems pretty stable, nice basic GUI. I've had the KDE version crap out every time I try it, to me KDE seems a resource hog. Liked Gnome 2 but then it got all forking mixed up. XFCE is pretty decent as well but more resource intense than LXDE. And yes, you can set up LXDE or OpenBox to look like Windows if you really need.

As an added bonus, in ten to fifteen years I've known of all two viruses I had on my computer. One I put there on purpose to look at a coding technique. The other just barely snuck in, I saw it within the first two minutes it was on here and corrected, removed it. Think it was an ear worm virus too. A song called Cotton Eye Joe. *chuckles*

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I haven't had an infection in a long time because of a smart End User and Good Antivirus Software.

Had to wrestle with Edge to uninstall~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So after I uninstalled the Updated Edge Browser I still have Edge? It is the Big Blue "E" which used to be IE. Have to track my parts~!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I haven't had an infection in a long time because of a smart End User and Good Antivirus Software.

Had to wrestle with Edge to uninstall~!

Well in Linux I really do not need anti-virus software. I do run two different ones but they are not needed. I run F-prot which is military grade which runs in the background. The other I use is Clam. I also run root kit hunter.

If no one can gain access to the super user, or administrator user on my Linux system then no viruses or malware can be installed. Besides root kit hunter I have a friend that does various I.T. work for government contracts, he tries cracking my root.

He's been at it ten years with no luck. I started with a 16 character passphrase key, recently updated that to twice that. The government according to him only requires 14 character passphrases, still. There's a few other arcane tricks I use which won't be discussed so openly.

Suffice it to say I don't trust an operating system to retain security. In fact if I value that, it doesn't go on a computer much less a connected one. *chuckles*

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Being in IT I must know the MS Operating Systems because I have to service users with them. I will not use Apple Black Boxes and have no need for Linux. I did mess around with it a long time ago but doesn't make me money so not worth my time. I still hate Windows 10 but I have been putting off knowing the ins and outs for too long. Not like I wanted to do this but WTH go with the flow.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Tracking invetory, parts could be done with open source software. If you really need to pay for Enterprise level service you might consider Sortly.As for accounting and finance one could use GNU Cash.

Ah, I see. Following the money flow.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So after a Football afternoon at my Sweeties and a nice Roast Beef dinner I came home and still screwing with this Laptop. Remembered I had an old Dell sitting in the Junk Pile and scoffed the Memory Modules out of it. Tried the two 1st and it gave me another GB. Pulled Dimm 1 and replaced it with the original from the Toshiba so now have 4 GB's. Gave it a little kick in the ass~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
After a bunch of updates to other stuff like Add-ons and Flash Player now finally have a Laptop that works pretty good. Took enough work and some parts but not cursing Windows 10 any longer~! At least if necessary I could use it tomorrow at a customer site if needed.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So out early this morning wearing the Electricians hat. Turned out a Switch I had bought months ago was an open box return and had the screw snapped off that holds the switch plate on. Fun trying to get that out but I did.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's too quiet on the forum where is everyone?

Was out today. Went to Spencer for laundry. Got back in just a few ago. Christy needed to stop and help her mom order Christmas stuff.

I sat out on the porch. Neighbor next door walked out, tried creeping on me. *chuckles* I just grinned. He nodded went on back to his house. He's good people.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I sat out on the porch. Neighbor next door walked out, tried creeping on me. *chuckles* I just grinned. He nodded went on back to his house. He's good people.

Seems that's kind of WV for you. Silently saying a "hey", at the same time keeping a neighbor on their toes. *chuckles* We got a "bushy baby" living a few ridges over, he comes down over top of the ridge, sights his scope on someone down here just to see us wave back. *grin*

People wonder why I don't get too concerned over thefts of stuff outside. People watch, look in on us. They see stuff we use, have. Something were to go missing it would be brought right back with an apology. We do likewise for a few others, looking in on them.

Yep, West Virginia for you. :)

LAVapesQC

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vaping in the cool southern heat, in the dawn hours of the morning. A cup of coffee and about 12-14 devices because you are too lazy to change pods for all the flavors you like. So relaxing.

Just felt like sharing...and now that I write it, it actually sounds like something you would see in LA , not the south.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Seems that's kind of WV for you. Silently saying a "hey", at the same time keeping a neighbor on their toes. *chuckles* We got a "bushy baby" living a few ridges over, he comes down over top of the ridge, sights his scope on someone down here just to see us wave back. *grin*

People wonder why I don't get too concerned over thefts of stuff outside. People watch, look in on us. They see stuff we use, have. Something were to go missing it would be brought right back with an apology. We do likewise for a few others, looking in on them.

Yep, West Virginia for you. :)

Big Foot Baby?

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Vaping in the cool southern heat, in the dawn hours of the morning. A cup of coffee and about 12-14 devices because you are too lazy to change pods for all the flavors you like. So relaxing.

Just felt like sharing...and now that I write it, it actually sounds like something you would see in LA , not the south.

What South are you in? It’s evening on the East coast.

Also...what are you vaping? I’m using a Freemax Twister because I like it and it’s easy peasy.

LAVapesQC

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
What South are you in? It’s evening on the East coast.

Also...what are you vaping? I’m using a Freemax Twister because I like it and it’s easy peasy.
At the moment I am in the Southern United States. Current Device - Smok Scar 18 with Naked 100's flavored water Hawaiian Pog. I am literally on the Alabama/Florida Line. And now I am off to a Mag with some Uncle Junk's JW (Gonna miss that stuff when my supply is gone.)

Edit: I like the potential for Freemax hardware. Just not sure they are there yet (based on my own testing only).

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
At the moment I am in the Southern United States. Current Device - Smok Scar 18 with Naked 100's flavored water Hawaiian Pog. I am literally on the Alabama/Florida Line. And now I am off to a Mag with some Uncle Junk's JW (Gonna miss that stuff when my supply is gone.)

Edit: I like the potential for Freemax hardware. Just not sure they are there yet (based on my own testing only).

JW was one of the first juices I tried when I was vaping for a while in 2013. And Cuttwood Tobacco Trail. I still like them, but I’ve been mixing for almost a year now.

Freemax tanks are really good for me. I haven’t tried any mods except the Twister and it can be hinky. But for ease of use, as well as comfort, I really like it. Or maybe I’m nostalgic about it, since it was one of the first kits I bought.

Welcome to VU. Hope you enjoy it here!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A_small_cup_of_coffee.JPG

Probably about as close to a cup of coffee as I'll come for a bit. Well, I might get a styro cup Wednesday afternoon, if I bother to remember. Yay. Oh well, is what it is.

Sitting here enjoying a bit of vape. :) Might get up and turn our little heater on. Morning chill has set in.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A_small_cup_of_coffee.JPG

Probably about as close to a cup of coffee as I'll come for a bit. Well, I might get a styro cup Wednesday afternoon, if I bother to remember. Yay. Oh well, is what it is.

Sitting here enjoying a bit of vape. :) Might get up and turn our little heater on. Morning chill has set in.

Should look into getting yourself one of these~!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Would but not really got the space for it here currently in our 10'x12' room. I'm sure Christy would try juggling some way to fit it. That's not the point of it though.

The point is the principle of it. We were told that all was well, it was okay for us to live here too. Sure, I know the coffee maker I use is his. I was told it was fine, I could use it.

Then, he goes and sets out there in the kitchen all the damn time. He thinks he's being intimidating. He's not in the slightest. I just loathe having to ask him to fucking move. After all we were told all was good.

Obviously by the way he and the wife's sister act, all is not good. So not only are they pricks, they're lying pricks. If I'm going to be a prick toward someone I will do so openly and not lie about it. Figure they'll catch the drift quick enough.

Which brings me to an issue here in a way. When I ignore you specifically. It's isn't you I'm ignoring but myself. I need to step back and cool off for you, for myself. Surprise though, you specifically are the only one here I can handle in such a way. You're a bud, friend.

So no it's not simply an issue of needing a coffee maker here at home. If that were so I'd have Christy bring the electric water kettle back home. I would use my French press to make my coffee. Or maybe I wouldn't as he sits about half blocking access to the sink.

I'm growing tired of being the better man but there's nothing else for me to do. At least not yet. Maybe in a year or two though we'll have enough put back for a down payment. But yeah, growing tired of some days that never come too.

And I need to quit thinking about all this shit. Sorry. It hurts too much and is doing me no good at all.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Waiting on Computer parts to be shipped is worse than waiting for Vape Mail~! Shipping label created on one order but still waiting to USPS to confirm receipt and the other is Amazon waiting to be shipped. So I track and track expecting some movement~! Argh~!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ha! Got lucky. They went out. So I got a coffee and a freezer meal. :) Still needed to wait until 10. I was up at 6.

Oh well least I got a coffee. Looking at WWE's Raw. It ran last night. Christy was watching the new Murder on Orient Express. I passed out cuddled up to Shrek.

VU Sponsors