Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
giphy.gif

Good morning, everyone. <3

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So this week keeps getting more interesting~! The HDD I just cloned a few weeks ago started failing. Got one of those actual Windows Warnings that make sense~! Installed the original back so like nothing happened except I lost storage space. Now going to see if I can get this Seagate HDD working.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
So this week keeps getting more interesting~! The HDD I just cloned a few weeks ago started failing. Got one of those actual Windows Warnings that make sense~! Installed the original back so like nothing happened except I lost storage space. Now going to see if I can get this Seagate HDD working.

It failed?!! And you were giving AJ advice. Sorry I couldn’t resist ball busting. :giggle:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

You are reminding me so much of the work I used to do, something like 25 years ago. I do not miss it.

I remember taking a workstation keyboard apart one time. Girl complained that her keyboard wasn't working right. I went to her desk and right next to her keyboard was a big drink cup. I said, "any chance some of THAT ended up in the keyboard?" OH NO, no no no, was the answer.

I took the thing apart and it looked like dried up maple syrup in there. Users are such liars! lol

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You are reminding me so much of the work I used to do, something like 25 years ago. I do not miss it.

I remember taking a workstation keyboard apart one time. Girl complained that her keyboard wasn't working right. I went to her desk and right next to her keyboard was a big drink cup. I said, "any chance some of THAT ended up in the keyboard?" OH NO, no no no, was the answer.

I took the thing apart and it looked like dried up maple syrup in there. Users are such liars! lol

The most common Computer Problem is the person behind the keyboard~! I would mind if I was doing this to make money it is all for me so I can make money~! Back in those days you repaired a KB but now just throw it in the recycle bin~! The last KB I purchased is Spill Proof~! Best investment I ever made.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I really wished my freaking parts would start moving~! Ordered on Saturday but not shipped yet. One is a Keyboard for my second Laptop because it is missing a key so not detrimental to operation but the PS for the Compaq is. Only good thing is the Toshiba KB replacement is a snap. 2 screws and a ribbon cable.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So I can't leave well enough alone since the second Laptop doesn't have a Gigabit card or fast WiFi, I installed a USB WiFi Adapter so I can use 802.11N 2.4 Ghz Band and go at the Theoretical Speed of 300 Mbps. Definitely better performance and I will need it for work purposes as most times I use WiFi on sites. Damn I wish my parts were moving~!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ha ha! Got a cup o' & two sausage/egg strudel things. Get my daily medicine and something yummy. :)

Not sure of the why/how for but a-hole lost his big office chair in the kitchen. He's got an old stool but apparently it don't suit. He's actually in another room instead.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I must start my day with coffee. I need it to wake up and the first mug is really strong, then I add more water and perk it a second time.

I get grocery store "house blend" of either Maxwell House or Folgers. Got a container I mix them together in making Max Foldgers / Foldger's House.

Use a stainless steel 12 ounce mug, run the maker for 10 ounces on strong. Been told grocery store coffee ain't coffee but saw dust. Maybe so but it's got caffeine in it.

Also enjoying the new Thunder Head Creations mechanical squonk & RDA kit I got from Fast Tech. It's dubbed the "Thunder Storm". Think it uses a switch though not too sure about that. No place to really take the mod apart. The fire button doesn't click.

Which to me indicates it's not a switch. But damn it, they got it all sealed up tight. You can't know fer sure.

Not being able to get it apart is the only worrisome con to it for me. How am I suppose to clean the contacts? Um, am I suppose to go pay another $35 if the contacts corrode over because I can't get to them to clean 'em? *ahem* Bach-a-macola bet I buy a new one if you don't let me maintain what I already buy, eh?

Forgive me butchering the Italian-o.

Ah ha, ...

In addition it has a spring loaded 510 connection as well as a spring loaded fire button. Furthermore the squonk bottle inside of it holds a pretty good amount of ejuice. Another neat feature with this Thunder Storm Squonk Mod is the fact that it supports 3 different sized batteries,

Hm, spring loaded fire button even ... hmmmm. Da f**k? Whaddaya do de spring goes sproing? Ko, sees it now. Will enjoy it long as can but not buy another. Tried seeing if FIL wanted to crack on it. He just grunted and lit a cig.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I am needing coffee bad this morning. Had a horrible night last night - back hurt all night long. I'm running late getting started for work, though, so it will have to wait for a few minutes.

Lately I've been drinking Eight O'Clock Dark Italian Roast. I only drink one or two cups a day, so a big bag of that stuff will last me for a long time.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am needing coffee bad this morning. Had a horrible night last night - back hurt all night long. I'm running late getting started for work, though, so it will have to wait for a few minutes.

Lately I've been drinking Eight O'Clock Dark Italian Roast. I only drink one or two cups a day, so a big bag of that stuff will last me for a long time.

We were just talking about those coffee brands from years ago~! Like Maxwell House & Chock Full O Nuts~!

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not sure I care too much for Chock Full. I've tried drinking Chicory on its own and it tastes even more bitter than plain coffee. Though I guess in a pinch, being Southern, I'd drink it if needed.

And looking, I see I did it wrong too. *chuckles*

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That is just 2 of the shelves in the pantry downstairs. If I take a pic of the whole thing I need to use Panoramic Mode~!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Here is the main pantry there is stacks of paper towels and shelves with waters and TP around the refrigerator.

View attachment 174104

I the event of a total lock down we are good for weeks. Stocked up and replenish constantly.

That's a pantry. :) Hope to have one similar, eventually. Actually planning some kind of "root" cellar as our pantry. I'm sure Chris will let me can stuff out of a garden. She even knows how to do cold water canning. I like the pressure cooker style myself but canning is canning.

I might say I don't go to the North. Don't really care to but it ultimately wouldn't bother me. Can live where I live. Did live out in IL for a spell for boot camp. People always get me confused though. I was born in Orlando, FL, raised in VA, now live in WV. I have a Delaware, or no accent.

Though at times I'm told I get a Bubble Head accent. Thank you to my C.O. that was a sub mariner for a decade for that. *chuckles* "If you aren't doing X you are WRRRRRRRONG!"

Him and his sneaky no squeak shoes. *chuckles*

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's a pantry. :) Hope to have one similar, eventually. Actually planning some kind of "root" cellar as our pantry. I'm sure Chris will let me can stuff out of a garden. She even knows how to do cold water canning. I like the pressure cooker style myself but canning is canning.

I might say I don't go to the North. Don't really care to but it ultimately wouldn't bother me. Can live where I live. Did live out in IL for a spell for boot camp. People always get me confused though. I was born in Orlando, FL, raised in VA, now live in WV. I have a Delaware, or no accent.

It started as something my Dad built years ago and during the pandemic I have had to add shelves because of sales. Like a week or so ago Progresso Soups were 2 for $3 so I bought 12 cans. That required a additional shelf. Potatoes at one point were scarce so I stocked up and needed to add another shelf. I try to keep my shopping trips to a minimum except for when I need like something fresh for dinner. If I can run in a store and use self checkout without being close to people I consider it a win~!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Like a week or so ago Progresso Soups were 2 for $3 so I bought 12 cans.

Yeah, saw that. You cut your cost to $0.25 per can on that. :banana:

I can remember quite a few years back when Cambell's soups were roughly $0.40 per can. Shit now your lucky to find them at $0.90 per can and a three times smaller can to boot.
Potatoes at one point were scarce so I stocked up and needed to add another shelf.

Bit of a trick on potatoes for you, if you don't know already. Put 'em in a wood bin shelf, that is a shelf with a front lip. So you can get them from garden in buckets, dump them in the bin.

Toss you handfuls of lye over them, dust them. When you go to use them you can wash them under cold water to take the lye off. The lye will help keep them from sprouting too much, or spoiling.

ETA: Almost forget. Don't put onions near potatoes when storing them like this. Put your onions in a bin on the other side of your storing space. Onions can "bleed" into potatoes and that'll ruin them too.

I try to keep my shopping trips to a minimum except for when I need like something fresh for dinner.

We try keeping stocked usually ourselves. Living here we really are not able. All the space beyond the bedroom we live in is for others.

Well, she's got some of our stuff in the deep freeze, some in fridge but mainly others have where we'd store up dry/canned stock. And we're not keen to bring in when it's been proved they'll eat our stuff.

Yeah, all the more reason to be working toward a down payment. Screw renting an apartment for $400 monthly where you can't alter/fix anything. Rather be paying $2-300 monthly in a rent to buy/mortgage.

If I still have my custodial work. I'll be doing around $17 hrly, roughly $23,000 annual, she's going to be doing $25,000 or so annual. About time we got the grown up toys. :)

Last edited:

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It started as something my Dad built years ago and during the pandemic I have had to add shelves because of sales. Like a week or so ago Progresso Soups were 2 for $3 so I bought 12 cans. That required a additional shelf. Potatoes at one point were scarce so I stocked up and needed to add another shelf. I try to keep my shopping trips to a minimum except for when I need like something fresh for dinner. If I can run in a store and use self checkout without being close to people I consider it a win~!
I think we should all move in with Steve...... I,ll bring coffee.......

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Had to take Dad for Physical Therapy so I went to the bank while he was inside. Came home and he was complaining about his breathing so I find the freaking batteries need replacing in the Blood Oxygen Meter but Mom moved where we keep the freaking batteries~! Hooked up the Hydrater to the Oxygen Generator and cranked him up to 3 Liters. If it wasn't so freaking early I would have a drink~!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Had to take Dad for Physical Therapy so I went to the bank while he was inside. Came home and he was complaining about his breathing so I find the freaking batteries need replacing in the Blood Oxygen Meter but Mom moved where we keep the freaking batteries~! Hooked up the Hydrater to the Oxygen Generator and cranked him up to 3 Liters. If it wasn't so freaking early I would have a drink~!

So have some wine or a wine spritzer, for less alcohol. I don’t know, during this lockdown, I’m pretty much doing what I want. Yesterday afternoon I felt like having wine. So, after drinking half a glass, I poured in some kombucha and it tasted okay.

VU Sponsors