Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh my gosh, yummy coffee. :)

Think I'm going to stop getting the Kroger variety of Max or Foldger's. Same cost, just different flavor, quality. Well, could do getting three bags at a time for $3 instead of $5 for a can. As you do too, stocking up, I'm sure you're coming out saving at least a bit.

I am so glad you like it~! Like I said people think my coffee is amazing and get surprised when I say what it is~! I do make mine very strong though.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Not here, we use masks.... It is the rest of the country.

We’re mandated here by Cuomo. I wear them when I’m out. I don’t feel like getting fined or accosted by the zealous.

If you look at the revised CDC stats for covid, you’ll see why I’m slightly rebellious.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
We’re mandated here by Cuomo. I wear them when I’m out. I don’t feel like getting fined or accosted by the zealous.

If you look at the revised CDC stats for covid, you’ll see why I’m slightly rebellious.
Common sense trumps politics.....

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wow, tracked the Keyboard for my Laptop and found it has been sitting in my Mailbox since 7:30~! Changed it out on only 1/2 a mug of Coffee~! New KB feels like a brand new laptop now~!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
giphy.gif

Have a good morning, everyone. <3

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
You can order it Online direct from Dollar Tree or other vendors~!

Thanks! I’m using Dunkin Donuts French Vanilla but it’s just meh. I used it in a French Press and it was so weak. I’m getting another Melitta cappuccino machine this week, though. I found a NOS one that’s the one I had.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I must say getting my KB early this morning made the start of my day AWESOME~! After how irritated I was yesterday was a nice way to wake up~! Although if I found a won a vape giveaway that would be the BEST~!

Having done something productive before my second mug of coffee is unusual unless it was an emergency~!

1607178737688.png

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Having done something productive before my second mug of coffee is unusual unless it was an emergency~!

Ages six up to about fourteen, go to Papaw John's before dawn. Go to the house and let Mimmy know I was on the farm. Go bring in the dairy cows, which was basically call them, open the barn gate.

Go load Papaw's truck with hay carried up from the old chicken house. Go round the lots except the bull lot, check fencing. Check fencing on bull lot visually outside of it.

Return to the barn where milkers had come in. Go about getting "the machine" set up. Test the machine was ready. Cut it on and felt the suction. Cut it off. Greet Papaw at the barn gate.

He would go get one of the milkers on. Had to get them some hay for the stock bins. They would eat while being milked. Steer any calves away from the mama milkers. This wasn't done being mean. It was done to help naturally ween them off cows that were sore from their teeth.

Once milking finished up, carry down the buckets to Mimmy, set them on the closed in porch. Back up the lane to Papaw waiting in the truck. Hop on the back. Get Papaw's pocket knife. Start busting a bale or two open, shaking it out off the truck.

Keep on until all the bales for that morning were done. Climb into the truck cabin from off the back. Give Papaw his knife back. Take truck back to its garage, park. Go to the house.

Brush self off, shoes off on porch. Wash up hands and face at kitchen sink. Go to your seat along the side of the table. Papaw only sat at the head of the table. Sit, wait for Papaw.

Once he took and swallowed his first bite, we could go on and eat. Might get a coffee then, around six to seven of a morning after already working two to three hours, depending on what else was involved that morning.

About every other morning I had to get up to go haul firewood into our house. Would also go on and start the first load of laundry for mom, set out anything she needed for breakfast. There was also gardening of its season, mowing, branding and gelding steers.

Three brothers in the country so you imagine there was all kinds of playing as well. Ought to bottled all that up. :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Since a can of coffee these days is 10 to 11 Oz at most I rarely see a sale with a can for $2~! Which is 12 Oz of DT Breakfast Blend. I think @UncleRJ tried it a while ago but I forget if he liked it or not.

Here's the Kroger "house" brew I call Max. And here's the one I use for Foldger's. Both are 29 oz and about $5 a can. Still it can come out cheaper using the Dollar Tree coffee. I like the Dollar Tree's taste better anyway. *chuckles*

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No Kroger Stores near me but it doesn't look like shipping would be too bad if I wanted.

There's a Pay-Less in Arnot Mall, Horseheads. They do sell the Kroger house brand. $5.30 and $5.32 respectively. Still looking at the Kroger "family" of conglomerates. Foods Co., Fry's, Jay C Food Store, Ralph's, Smith’s Food and Drug and some more ought to carry the Kroger brand stuff.

ETA: Nope, not a logistics master here. I couldn't tell you for example that I could call 1-800-PRO-DUCE and get a delivery of fresh produce products from out of NJ anywhere in CONUS in less than fifteen minutes. Nope, never did it living and working in a podunk town in in VA to cover for a fast food place. Not me, some other guy. *dons an innocent face* ---

Not sure that number still works or not, if it did to begin. Might just be a place holder number. *ahem* If I didn't do it, it was well too many years ago to recall.

Imagine the shock, delight of a manager over three restaurants having a fifteen year old boy keep them all going in order. He checked in daily with two, ran his. But he was never a general manager, never bucked for anything more than more hours, straight time, and time and a half for OT. She called that boy her dog, he ate all the hours.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am amazed that a $10 investment in this Laptops new Keyboard makes it look brand new. It was definitely worth the work I put into it. not counting all the FREE Parts I just happened to have laying around.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Another additonal plus was this was the absolute easiest Laptop Keyboard I ever changed. One plastic panel and 2 screws with a simple ribbon cable install. An actual 5 minute job~! Hardest part was working with the tiniest screws.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
my kb snaps in . I have gotten pretty good at changing them, they don't last too long...
Pair of LV grus just showed up. Good lookers but not mucho f a chip...

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
my kb snaps in . I have gotten pretty good at changing them, they don't last too long...
Pair of LV grus just showed up. Good lookers but not mucho f a chip...

What kind of Laptop? I remember the days of HP Laptops that had glued in KB's and when servicing the laptop if you needed to remove it then it had to be replaced. Worst design ever~! After a week with Windows 10 Pro isn't isn't that bad but still sucks. LMFAO

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
couple of years old... AMD A8 quad core , 16 gb, 1 TB slo drive......nice thing was when the first kb died (spilied vg) I fished out a second ribbon cable and ordered a backlit kb. works great.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Looking into it because it is so easy that is why I never got a call to replace one~! No Dell I ever owned was that easy~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
couple of years old... AMD A8 quad core , 16 gb, 1 TB slo drive......nice thing was when the first kb died (spilied vg) I fished out a second ribbon cable and ordered a backlit kb. works great.

I saw that option for mine but went with the OEM because I didn't want to run into an issues with it not being compatible. Plus no need for more battery drain.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
sounds like a pita

Like the HP Laptops I told you about imagine having to pry the freaking thing off with no way to do it without damaging the original. I had to change the Track Pad on my regular laptop and that required changing the whole top cover because you can't remove the board without damaging it, because I bought a used part.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am thinking about changing the Track Pad board on this second Laptop because it is way to sensitive. Not sure if it would cure the issue or make it worse.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So I had a thought and looking into the driver it has a basic MS PS2 Mouse driver so going to try a Toshiba Touch Pad Driver.

VU Sponsors