Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well it is just above freezing so I guess I will get my truck backed in and start on the Rear Brakes. If it is too chilly I will come in and wait until it warms up more.

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Well it is just above freezing so I guess I will get my truck backed in and start on the Rear Brakes. If it is too chilly I will come in and wait until it warms up more.
steve
break job.jpg
will ya just look at all the fun THEY are having..

doddle doddle doddle...
so your insurance LIKES? to cover some crankey strangers rear end cuz of no breaks .....?😇
geez mine don't:xD:

an
Good Morning... :bunny:

Last edited:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
0456f8ef1a712e99b602d2e3b5296320.jpg

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Called out to do a half shift today. 10:30 to 2 at the town elementary school. I was told to do bathrooms. Got them done in about an hour and half. Went to cafeteria and asked if she needed help. She said that would be fine.

I didn't have anything else to do. Got our lunch cleaned up, went and cleaned the main entrance way. It would have taken too long to check and do bathrooms again as i had gotten done with lunch about 1. Besides the protocol sheet said the next check was for the evening crew.

Told two secretaries I was heading out 15 minutes early. I had nothing to do for 15 minutes, told them all I had done. "Well, you did all we required." Told them next bathroom check according to protocol was evening crew. "Yeah, you're right. " About that time I heard the lady principle, "Yes, Ben. You may go. Thank you."

:) It isn't I shirk my duties. I just work myself out of work. *chuckles* Sure I can do "busy work" but when I even run out of that, well, time to go.

Got home just after 2. Her dad needed to go by Kroger. Looking at a show called Debris. Prolly pass out in a bit.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So was outside at 9AM and it wasn't too cold. Backed the truck in cleaned the crap out of the garage that got piled up during plowing. Pulled the wheels and Mic'ed up the rotors to see I had enough so I could cut and refinish them. Drivers side came off no problem but when I got the the right side I had to beat on the rotor. Turned out the rotor would have fell apart from corrosion under the surface to be machined when I cut it so could thing it happened when it did ordered 2 rotors and picked them up.

Gave the truck a quick wash before I when for a test drive and a break in. Brakes feel really nice now compared to how they were.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Was up early so thinking of banging out a quick shower and doing some food shopping early this morning. Still breaking in the new rear brakes so around town driving and cool down periods is key.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
o geezzzzzzz ya should have explained that to my sparkey last time.
View attachment 178949

What in the ever lovin hell was in the back of that car? They must have had an acetylene tank or something to blow up in there.

Thank god those cars weren't going any faster than they were. People could have been killed!

That would have scared the bejeezus out of me.

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
What in the ever lovin hell was in the back of that car? They must have had an acetylene tank or something to blow up in there.

Thank god those cars weren't going any faster than they were. People could have been killed!

That would have scared the bejeezus out of me.
have had my OWN tire roll down the road PASSING me before..
{{ not good moments }}

MY FAVORITE was 5:30am breaks caught on fire, flames blowing right up to the windshield so i had to lean over to drive.. NO BREAKS.. gotta keep er going or the flames could hit the neopreme fuel line got a FULL LOAD of combustables behind my butt { 2 skids stacked an wrapped }
and I AIN'T GOT NO BREAKS..
so if i can make it to work.... JUST make it to work.... I might live.
hit the driveway. threw it in park, DROPPED the plow blade. dove roll out the truck and
started running and screaming..
FIRE FIRE FIRE
CALL 911!!! CALL 911!!! CALL 911!!!
FIRE FIRE FIRE

thank god my back warehouse man was there he came running out put out the fire...
called sparkey.. Im ok nobody got hurt, am ok am at work
BUT the truck caught on fire.
he tells me to get back in it an drive it a little further to the station to get it fixed.
I AM NOT GOING TO GET BACK IN THAT %^&%$%#$@#$ TRUCK!
there were FLAMES...
so went against sparkey an called a Guy i trust..
with a toe truck.. THAT JUST HAPPENS to be in the SAME town as sparkey....
cuz at least i can get home now..
he come starts to lift the frunt end of the truck.. an the TIRE FELL OFF..

we get to sparkeys shop, i said thanks for the ride an may i borrow the tire please????
told "sure but we are going to need it back to Fix the truck..."

Rolling the tire to the back door a contractor. JUST happen to be leaving an by him opening the door.
I kicked that tire rolling right down the hall pass the racks an samples right up to sparkeys chair
where it stopped went worror worrrow woeeeoorrro whap.
sparkey calmly looks says,,
whats that??
i said THE TIRE mr just get back in it an drive it a little furthure....
Mr _____ has da truck .. he needs da tire.
and your taking it to him ..
CUZ I AM TAKING DA DAY OFF WITH PAY.. an took my car keys an left.

an was back home by about 9am.

i can laugh about it all now...

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
have had my OWN tire roll down the road PASSING me before..
{{ not good moments }}

MY FAVORITE was 5:30am breaks caught on fire, flames blowing right up to the windshield so i had to lean over to drive.. NO BREAKS.. gotta keep er going or the flames could hit the neopreme fuel line got a FULL LOAD of combustables behind my butt { 2 skids stacked an wrapped }
and I AIN'T GOT NO BREAKS..
so if i can make it to work.... JUST make it to work.... I might live.
hit the driveway. threw it in park, DROPPED the plow blade. dove roll out the truck and
started running and screaming..
FIRE FIRE FIRE
CALL 911!!! CALL 911!!! CALL 911!!!
FIRE FIRE FIRE

thank god my back warehouse man was there he came running out put out the fire...
called sparkey.. Im ok nobody got hurt, am ok am at work
BUT the truck caught on fire.
he tells me to get back in it an drive it a little further to the station to get it fixed.
I AM NOT GOING TO GET BACK IN THAT %^&%$%#$@#$ TRUCK!
there were FLAMES...
so went against sparkey an called a Guy i trust..
with a toe truck.. THAT JUST HAPPENS to be in the SAME town as sparkey....
cuz at least i can get home now..
he come starts to lift the frunt end of the truck.. an the TIRE FELL OFF..

we get to sparkeys shop, i said thanks for the ride an may i borrow the tire please????
told "sure but we are going to need it back to Fix the truck..."

Rolling the tire to the back door a contractor. JUST happen to be leaving an by him opening the door.
I kicked that tire rolling right down the hall pass the racks an samples right up to sparkeys chair
where it stopped went worror worrrow woeeeoorrro whap.
sparkey calmly looks says,,
whats that??
i said THE TIRE mr just get back in it an drive it a little furthure....
Mr _____ has da truck .. he needs da tire.
and your taking it to him ..
CUZ I AM TAKING DA DAY OFF WITH PAY.. an took my car keys an left.

an was back home by about 9am.

i can laugh about it all now...

I'm not at all sure I would have been able to handle that situation as well as you did, Bunny. You're a pistol, no doubt about it.

Closest I ever came to that, this gorgeous man I dated for a while back in the 70s, he and I decided to go for a late-night ride on the highway, it was about midnight and we're driving with the top down in an Austin Healey 3000 when he suddenly said the car wasn't handling just right.

He took the next exit, drove about a quarter mile to a parking lot, and by the time we got there we could both tell that something was seriously wrong because the whole rear end of the car was wobbling.

He got a jack and lifted the back end of the car, looked at the tires, and one of them was missing two of the lug nuts. We'd been going at least 75mph on the highway.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Called out for 7-2 at town elementary. Got there at 7-30 stayed until 3:30. Wound up shutting one bathroom. Fourth and fifth grade boys started acting jerks in it. So I closed it up. Told them they could use another, or have a teacher bring them and ensure they use a restroom properly.

I had the principle speak to them first. They acted jerks again. So it wasn't me just shutting them out. Thought for sure the principle would fuss I did. Instead she told me I would do nicely there. Told her if her teachers didn't want to supervise bathroom breaks, parents could. She chuckled.

There's no call to put a whole roll of tp into a toilet. Then, no call to go and lock stalls after getting called on acting a jerk. Told the kids "My house, I clean it. I don't play. They lost privileges to that bathroom."

Helped clean up after lunch too. Come in beaten, tired. Still am. Glad I have tomorrow through Sunday off. Teachers and custodians at this school kept saying to me, "you're coming back tomorrow aren't you?" The one fellow who come in at 2 told me I did the bathrooms correctly and did a good job. He knew if I said I had done one, it would be sparkly, nice.

I had checked bathrooms on one hall three times, sanitizing each time. Had not got up that guy's hall but he said it was no issue. I had done his twice so they were "good" for him to go do. Three people come in at 2 to do custodian. They all were telling me, "go on, go home." or, "go hide". They knew I had been doing the work just by walking in and seeing it.

Silly me kept doing busy stuff. Vacuumed some of the rugs. Got told to stop[ that they needed something to do. *chuckles* So I did take up hiding for my two fifteen minute breaks, in short few minute breaks that last bit. No one cared not even the principle who told me "go hide, go do something. just stay and get your time."

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So I ran the UPS Truck to the side of the road with my plow today to make sure he delivered my Trip Springs and try to find out WTF happened to my last order and why yesterday they claimed and Emergency or Weather Related Delay when it was 48° and Clear Skies. The poor guy looked afraid when he spoke to me out a partially open door~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My springs are installed but they took so freaking long to get them here there is no snow around. Going to test it on Sunday when I go to the Market because there is still a big pile of frozen snow there in a couple of places. I will make myself a Parking Spot.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Things you learn as a public school custodian:

1. Children need taught proper bathroom use.

a. Don't stuff a roll of toilet paper into a toilet.​
b. Flush a toilet after you use it.​
c. Wash your hands yes, let custodians wash the room.​
d. Snugly turn off sink water.​
e. If a toilet leaks inform a custodian or principle.​
f. Use the lever to advance paper towels on levered dispensers.​
g. If there is genuinely no paper towels, inform custodian or principle.​
h. No playing dodge ball in bathrooms.​
i. Do not play with poop.​
j. If you play with poop, wash your hands very well.​
k. Again DO NOT play with poop.​
l. Mirrors do not need hands.​
m. A quarter sized amount of soap will clean your hands.​
n. Do not keep dispensing soap to empty the container.​
o. Custodians have the express right to cut off your bathroom privileges.
p. Custodians usually only have a few minutes to clean your bathrooms. Sorry if having a nice and sanitary bathroom inconveniences you. Proper bathroom cleaning likely takes at least forty five minutes. We usually do it in five between classes. (Hint: There is usually more than one or one set of bathrooms in a public building. Please use the one available and don't demand to use the one being cleaned.)​
q. Urinals & toilets are not for target practice.​
r. You will miss and pee will go on the floor.​
s. That stink you smell is from rushing custodians.​
t. Bathrooms are not social halls or gathering places.​
u. Ladies please use the sanitary disposal only for sanitary napkins, not yesterday's receipts or emptying purses.​
v. If there is no toilet paper inform a custodian or principle.​
w. Treat people with respect, custodians included.
x. Remember after done washing hands turn the water off snugly.​
y. Again DO NOT stuff a full roll of toilet paper into a toilet.​
z. Again, custodians can revoke your bathroom use privilege.
2. All of the above for children applies to adults as well.

Not trying to be funny or nasty, only conveying what I've observed.

cus·to·di·an​

(kŭ-stō′dē-ən)
n.
1. One that has charge of something; a caretaker: the custodian of a minor child's estate; the custodian of an absentee landlord's property.

It is our jobs to ensure our buildings, inclusive of bathrooms are used & treated properly. Ergo it is our authority to revoke bathroom use if we so deem it needed. If that's an issue well, maybe you better study up on proper bathroom use and apply it.

In the case of public schools we work for the public. That means the building/s need to be suitable for use by all members of the public. We're doing our jobs for him, and her, even you. So ultimately our job is to take care (caretaker) about how the building/s stay clean, sanitary, usable, presentable for everyone.

This is why we are granted authority to revoke bathroom use privilege. We rather not so please use the bathrooms properly, respectfully.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors