Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Got coffee, egg roll from last night's supper. Got another egg roll and more shrimp lo mien for in a bit. Not had shrimp for a while and got dates, apricots, grapes to offset it. Ah, and some pepitas. :) Hopeful gout doesn't flare up.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
153b753bda8ecd417d104d95bfa3e029.jpg

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Crashed a few more hours. Coffee indeed may be a good idea.

Got another phone appointment today with kidney doctor. Not really sure how that is going to go. Not exactly sure how a doctor can access condition merely on blood work.

Recently, wife's dad forgot to pick me up from work. Had to wait an extra half hour over time. We joked but in all seriousness my mom forgot me at least a half a dozen times. Her dad said, "why should be any different than your mom?"

And so a doctor "sees" me over the phone for something I think would think is serious. Yeah. I sure feel a confidence and inclusion in life. More like I feel I'm forgotten and written off.

Least my coffee is yummy. :)

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Had an interesting day. Phone appointment with kidney doctor. This time he stated I had one kidney smaller than the other, "maybe I was born like that". It was okay though because the other kidney was larger than average so compensated. Last time he was furious other doctors missed I had stage three kidney disease.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Had an interesting day. Phone appointment with kidney doctor. This time he stated I had one kidney smaller than the other, "maybe I was born like that". It was okay though because the other kidney was larger than average so compensated. Last time he was furious other doctors missed I had stage three kidney disease.

That is truly Fucked Up after all these years they just discovered this? This is why I only go to Doctors when I need a Bone Set or have a hole in me I need sown up~!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That is truly Fucked Up after all these years they just discovered this? This is why I only go to Doctors when I need a Bone Set or have a hole in me I need sown up~!

About how I am too. Although I've a condition since birth requiring I see doctors more. Besides that, I had faced having pain in my side for over a year and a half. Still not really gotten any substantive answers regarding that.

Been told I passed kidney stones, told I could have had cancer (blurted out right in front of my wife & later proven inconclusive), told urinary tract infection. Next I know I'll be told it's related to being part Venusian. *chuckles*

Figure someone will need to come find me to tell me I'm dead. Figure death like everyone else will forget me. "Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke." -- (From soldiers in Vietnam circa 1972, year I was born & not Bette Midler. My uncle said the war was allegedly "over" in 1973. He grinned and gave a wink, "we all know that's the joke.")

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
"Only need" & "All mine" are the two opposing sides in war. These two philosophies have long been adversaries & probably long will be. Each can crumble a nation, empire on its own. Together you get an oil and water mixture which rends apart the world.

These are what feed war. These create war.

Don't kid yourselves the writer/s got it correct with a line uttered by the character Wolverine. In the movie scene Hugh Jackman, the actor playing Wolverine, wakes with a start.

His lady friend the character Silver Fox asks Wolverine, "memories from the war?"

He gives a feeble grunting acknowledgement.

She then asks, "which war?"

He replies "all the same war."

Now you know. You also can know there is a balance between these ideas. In that balance some of us find the "narrow path" of life and in fact live free. We also might walk that path and see the suffering, reach out to help others find the "way".

You don't need to be so meek as to give the world away. You also don't need be as brazen as a lion to dominate the world either. The world is there for us all, not simply all for one. It is instead one for all, that is one world for us all.

If we each contribute to trying make better then we will get better. If we instead just take and offer no return the world grows worse for us all. We need both give and take but there has to be balance. No balance, we find war.

Only some thoughts, aloud.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
"Only need" & "All mine" are the two opposing sides in war. These two philosophies have long been adversaries & probably long will be. Each can crumble a nation, empire on its own. Together you get an oil and water mixture which rends apart the world.

These are what feed war. These create war.

Don't kid yourselves the writer/s got it correct with a line uttered by the character Wolverine. In the movie scene Hugh Jackman, the actor playing Wolverine, wakes with a start.

His lady friend the character Silver Fox asks Wolverine, "memories from the war?"

He gives a feeble grunting acknowledgement.

She then asks, "which war?"

He replies "all the same war."

Now you know. You also can know there is a balance between these ideas. In that balance some of us find the "narrow path" of life and in fact live free. We also might walk that path and see the suffering, reach out to help others find the "way".

You don't need to be so meek as to give the world away. You also don't need be as brazen as a lion to dominate the world either. The world is there for us all, not simply all for one. It is instead one for all, that is one world for us all.

If we each contribute to trying make better then we will get better. If we instead just take and offer no return the world grows worse for us all. We need both give and take but there has to be balance. No balance, we find war.

Only some thoughts, aloud.

This made me think of this song

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Been pissed all day bout DHL banning shipping. Guess they don't want to deal with the Pact act .... Slamming all the politicians on twitter...fun day

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have been slamming al the State reps for months now and only got 1 Auto reply.
Never gotten a reply but it takes little effort to tweet them on every post. At least it will get to others that read their replies. I send this:
450,000 Americans die annually due to tobacco related disease....Harm reduction works. ...
If every body did it , it might get seen

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know everyone has a mod go to hell sooner or later. My favorite mod did just that today. Twas a Modefined Sirius. With 2 fresh batteries in it, I took a puff. The battery indicator showed one battery good, and the other went to dead, then full, then dead, then the mod shut down. 2 more fresh batteries, and it read one as dead right away. That mod is in the trash. Damn good thing I got 7 more mods to use... and it's a good thing I got that mod for almost free, since I got it with a store credit I won on a contest on this site. That mod lasted me a little over two and a half years.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I know everyone has a mod go to hell sooner or later. My favorite mod did just that today. Twas a Modefined Sirius. With 2 fresh batteries in it, I took a puff. The battery indicator showed one battery good, and the other went to dead, then full, then dead, then the mod shut down. 2 more fresh batteries, and it read one as dead right away. That mod is in the trash. Damn good thing I got 7 more mods to use... and it's a good thing I got that mod for almost free, since I got it with a store credit I won on a contest on this site. That mod lasted me a little over two and a half years.
It might be a bad or dirty connection

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It might be a bad or dirty connection
Just on a whim, I got the mod out of the trash, grabbed a star-head driver and took loose the top cover. There was a small amount of juice inside, so I dabbled that clean, and reassembled it. I put in fresh batteries, turned the mod on... no errors. I put on an RDTA, and took a couple puffs. No problems. I am so relieved I get to keep on using that mod.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just on a whim, I got the mod out of the trash, grabbed a star-head driver and took loose the top cover. There was a small amount of juice inside, so I dabbled that clean, and reassembled it. I put in fresh batteries, turned the mod on... no errors. I put on an RDTA, and took a couple puffs. No problems. I am so relieved I get to keep on using that mod.

Glad it was an easy fix for you & not something involving on board computer/s or chips. Dealing with those is why I prefer mechanical devices. It's vaping not rocket science. :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Never gotten a reply but it takes little effort to tweet them on every post.

Two points here. First, as you point out it something easy to do. You can say you are against injustice. A lot of people are against it.

Got a plan to make justice? Are you going to log hours for a law degree? Going to run for an office so as to effect change?

No, I'm not cutting you or anyone down in that. Hell, I'm not even going to do the twitter bit. I don't use twitter or facebook. I use messenger from facebook to talk w/ my wife and a small group chat. I'm not "into" social media.

Am I doing much else? No can not honestly say I am. So, no I'm not cutting anyone down for not doing the hard work to create change. I'm only saying to get change requires work. Think we all know that, or should.

Second, vaping doesn't have its own political action group or special interest group. People might point to CASAA. Sorry but they aren't more than an advocacy group. They tell us all "hey, sign a petition". Yeah, guide us right into doing the easy stuff which doesn't bring change.

"We can gripe if we want to/ if your friends don't gripe well there no friends of mine/ come on and gripe/ everybody's doing the gripe" (set it to the tune of Safety Dance)

Again, I'm not really cutting anyone down. I'm just saying what I see. We need the manufactures, vendors, industry involved. They need to help by spending money to keep customers. If policy has its way no more customers. So grease some palms, hobnog and smooze stars.

Do I see that happening? --- Prove me wrong.

So there it is, I see no one doing any work nor spending money to effect change. We won't see change. Sorry if that's pessimistic, from my perspective a spade is a spade, is a spade.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So had to go pick up motor oil for my oil changes and for the snow blowers. I have 3 to do for storage. Did that early this morning and was back early so I had brunch and then was screwing around with a Paintless Dent Removal Tool I picked up on Amazon. Works pretty good once you use it a few times. Depending on the ding depends on how many times you have to do it.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
One would think with my frequent traveling across time zones that Daylight Savings time would not affect me. You would be wrong. I don't know why, but it hits me worse than losing 2 hours every Monday and gaining 2 hours every Friday.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sorry, didn't mean acting a coyote. Bit introspective & lost in a good mess of thoughts.

Did not get called for work again today. That is one week, one day. Not sure why.

VU Sponsors