Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
6 Packs of Propel in the Supermarket ar $5.99 average. I stocked up this week picked up 54 in 3 18 packs and ordered 3 12 packs from Walmart online because they never have Watermelon in the stores. Also have 12 pack of the 24 Oz Bottles coming.

I’ll look around. I’ve been getting that juice because they had a green one that had kale, celery, and five other veggies in it. It’s yummy. Plus they’ve got a carrot, orange, yellow beet one that’s delish.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
giphy.gif

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I’ll look around. I’ve been getting that juice because they had a green one that had kale, celery, and five other veggies in it. It’s yummy. Plus they’ve got a carrot, orange, yellow beet one that’s delish.

Yuck~! LMFAO

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I agree 100% with how you feel about the Jab~! I read an article yesterday about it yesterday that was scary~!
Yes, it is scary !
I have read so many articles watched so many videos, I'm to the point of not doing neither, but I know I will :facepalm: . Curious at what article you read. Wanna share?
I pray your (Sweetie) GF will not get the jab(s) and happy you and your Mom are not.

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes, it is scary !
I have read so many articles watched so many videos, I'm to the point of not doing neither, but I know I will :facepalm: . Curious at what article you read. Wanna share?
I pray your (Sweetie) GF will not get the jab(s) and happy you and your Mom are not.

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL She got it no matter how many reports I sent to her. I will not be a Lab Rat~!
She got it and will not listen to what I say about BAD reactions.

Last edited:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Well, I for one am appreciating our new artificially intelligent robot overlords. They do such a fine job of re-educating us that Saturday morning cartoons are no longer required. Yes, I am going somewhere with this. It requires me to convey something from minor clients though. I'll use fictional names.

Sally to Betsy: "We got him on camera cheating on Julie."
Betsy: "Yes, we can now expose him."
Sally: "Or we could tell him we'll expose him and see what he can do for us."

This from little girls no more than in the first grade. One of the little girls had a mom that was a teacher. They had come into her classroom after school had let out for the day. Teachers and some students like that stay over a bit after.

So they're going about this to her mother. Her mother chides them both and tells them, "girls you're way too young to know anything about any of this, or even care." The girls just go on nattering about it. The exasperated mother just sighs.

I stood aside merely sweeping the classroom, overhearing the conversations simply as open to anyone passing by. It made me think the mother ought not to let the children watch reality television. Then, another thought occurred that perhaps the mother should not have been programmed to let that happen.

Consider that television shows are called programs. There is a reason for that. Consider also our brains are often compared to, allegorized to being computers. You can be well sure that those in places of authority truly understand that. The television shows do present us with situational comedies, usually having vast moral and ethical explorations.

Sitcoms are not all that is on though. Do other shows follow the same kind of presentation? Yes, they do. We are given examples of how we "should" live our lives by actors on a flickering screen. Be sure those in authority do pay off writers of these "stories" to ensure their programming is broadcast to an unsuspecting audience.

So it is likely the mother saw her parents let her watch television as a means of being babysat. Well if it was good enough to raise her up to be a teacher, it should do to be a babysitter for her own children. Now, we make children into adults a lot sooner. They are often sexualized to pander for clothing, games, toys. Converting children to overnight adults also makes willing informants of them. They may repeat what parents say to law enforcement.

And then children get taken away by the State. It is then the State which raises children. This of course in a way or manner has been happening since WWI. Fathers were removed from families, taken off to fight the war. It happened again in WWII, this time mothers were pressed to service in bomb factories, food services, secretaries, switchboard operators, and so on.

This is why parents started using television as babysitters. We have a generation raised by television if we're honest about it. Yes, this generation was raised by the State via television programming.

It wasn't the fault of the mother of the little girl. She had only followed her programming. Now her little girl was getting programming herself. But like the glittering flicker of those television screens, the intellect fostered in the programming is artificial. It isn't really light.

So now you see my appreciation of those robots. I do appreciate how they were programmed. Psychological warfare is always subtle, often unseen. The best way to hide is in plain view. Nobody considers television a tool of war, no, not at all. If religion is opium for the masses then television surely maybe crack *******.

Apologies for a lengthy post & possibly one which may invoke, evoke thought. It is something I've thought about and did some looking into for myself over some time. The subject kind of leaves me feeling hollow. This isn't exactly political but rather societal. Society crosses a lot of various fields. It is something I find interesting to study.
It is in many ways a bad thing. It didn't need to be but now is.
We may be just watching but we allow into our home via TV and with a voyeuristic attitude....rapists, murderers, pedos, racists...the list goes on. Swearing has become so common that its on now here any time of day as are graphic sex scenes. Here they used to be only showed after 9pm but these days its any time of day. Children can sit whilst mum and dad do whatever and see people being dismembered, raped, get their heads blown off, hear every profanity under the sun. Is it any wonder this generation is so violent and corrupt. They watch shows, reality garbage and learn that the nice guys lose but the sneaky slime cheater is the winner! They watch people get rich from crime, drive expensive cars and live the high life. They watch their singers surrounded by half naked women or the singer themselves act more like a hooker than a singer.
We get movies from the library, dvds, often 10 at a time. We typically only watch all the way through maybe half of them. We try to pick what seems ok then out of nowhere they go off tap some how so we eject them.
Our society is a mess basically and we are reaping what has been sown.
People of all ages have as idols other people that their only claim to fame is that they play make believe (actors) or are good at playing what, a game with a ball and maybe a bat or whatever. Most of their idols are wrecks of human beings having mulltiple divorces, having grown up idolised from young surrounded by yes people with no real grasp on reality and bouncing in and out of rehab from substance/alcohol abuse. Yet people hang off of every word they say hoping one day they get them to write their name on a bit of paper so they can frame it or show others.
Its one sad messed up world today. :(

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It is in many ways a bad thing. It didn't need to be but now is.

We can say that regarding so much in our modern world too.
We may be just watching but we allow into our home via TV and with a voyeuristic attitude....rapists, murderers, pedos, racists...the list goes on. Swearing has become so common that its on now here any time of day as are graphic sex scenes. Here they used to be only showed after 9pm but these days its any time of day. Children can sit whilst mum and dad do whatever and see people being dismembered, raped, get their heads blown off, hear every profanity under the sun. Is it any wonder this generation is so violent and corrupt. They watch shows, reality garbage and learn that the nice guys lose but the sneaky slime cheater is the winner! They watch people get rich from crime, drive expensive cars and live the high life. They watch their singers surrounded by half naked women or the singer themselves act more like a hooker than a singer.

Me and Chris do not have children. Doubt we will but yes, we see the rationale of parenting as relates to television. She and I appreciate all the different stuff about criminology in various aspects. So yes we like exploring the rapists, murderers, and so on. We're adults though, making that choice ourselves. We don't care for the overly graphic as is evidenced in our like of the cozies, Midsomer Murders, Murder She Wrote.
People of all ages have as idols other people that their only claim to fame is that they play make believe (actors) or are good at playing what, a game with a ball and maybe a bat or whatever. Most of their idols are wrecks of human beings having mulltiple divorces, having grown up idolised from young surrounded by yes people with no real grasp on reality and bouncing in and out of rehab from substance/alcohol abuse. Yet people hang off of every word they say hoping one day they get them to write their name on a bit of paper so they can frame it or show others.
Its one sad messed up world today. :(

I appreciate watching WWE, Ring of Honor wrestling. Sure I've favorite characters. Anymore though I'm quite aware of how messed up a lot of them are behind the rubbish they push while on. I don't know that I actually have idols. I see them as people doing jobs.

Some of them are a little more in touch with reality than others. Some are truly a mess. But yes, I see your point. Hard not to see that. Yes, it is a very messed-up world. A long journey to get here, longer still back to a better one.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, in some of the older original episodes, he swore and used the N word. He also chewed tobacco and made it look all kinds of trendy for children.

Here's some for you. No, I don't think any are specifically Woody, but here's some info regarding Woody.

Some of the apps on Roku have the older uncensored Woody cartoons. They also got the Heckle & Jeckle crow cartoons that present a plain to see stereotyping. And of course, there's Betty Boop, man what a sexy little number she was. not that I have ever really gotten aroused over cartoon characters. Still, it can be seen how that might happen.

Imagine then, how that brings a child into having adult desires. If you have adult-sized desires then you start thinking you're an adult. Why else have these adult desires? And parents don't want to "deal with" that kind of stuff. Ah, let them watch some wholesome family-based television, that'll fix the problem.

It even cues you into what's going on. Many don't see the cues or ignore them. "Oh, it's just entertainment. It's something to pass the time." Games, cards, board games, video games are all the same too "something to pass the time", a distraction. Oddly Monopoly was used in WII to transmit coded messages to soldiers. Cards were used in Desert Storm and other Mid East conflicts to convey targets.

So my suggestion of television being used for warfare isn't unreasonable or out of line. In fact, it's actually quite logical, sound reasoning.

North
East
West
South
______+
NEWS --- Reporting on what's happening in the cardinal directions. "Now, you know, and knowing is half the battle." --Lt. Flint of the G.I.Joe force.

G.I. Joe -- Government Issued Joes.
Joe -- Just On Employment / Just Our Enforcers.

That's why I kind of got a chuckle realizing that former POTUS Trump was colored up with pigment that matched the cartoon character, Serpentor, from the G.I. Joe cartoons, and the candidate opposing him was named Joe. My wife chuckled too. If you go back and watch some of those cartoons, there is indeed a storyline where the evil Cobra organization takes over the presidency. It's up to the Joes to stop them.

Coincidence?

I think not.
In this case I think 'Joe' stand for 'jack off extraordinaire'. Sure Trump had some odd bronzer or something but at least he handled his shit. Closest thing to 'gi joe' current potus is, is the fact he's fuckin cartoon. lol. Even Woody never tripped up the damn steps and his annoying laugh was more coherent than current addresses. You know the umm.. the yea.. the thing. Fuck it just put the record player on mannn.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't been on as much since the weather's been getting nicer. Trying to take advantage of it to get stuff done in the yard. Uprooted some of the t posts holding up last years garden fence and added a 16ft cattle panel. Gained around 16ft in length on one side, around 19-20ft on the other. Took up some of the old trellises and t posts holding them up, rearranging the garden some this year. Took a walk around the property and gathered up some good sized branches and small cedar trees (stuff around 8-10ft long) I plan to use as poles to support a bean trellis.

Need to get some more planters built, transfer the peach tree to a larger pot for now, start getting stuff planted. Think my strawberry plants will be here mon or tues. 20 or 25 of them and they'll go in the new tiered planter. Will be leveling spots to plant, hauling wheelbarrow loads of manure down to the garden. Spreading mulch out over everything see if I can keep the weeds down. Have some ideas for cutting open some plastic field tubs and turning some of those into larger planters, will have to see how it goes.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I haven't been on as much since the weather's been getting nicer. Trying to take advantage of it to get stuff done in the yard. Uprooted some of the t posts holding up last years garden fence and added a 16ft cattle panel. Gained around 16ft in length on one side, around 19-20ft on the other. Took up some of the old trellises and t posts holding them up, rearranging the garden some this year. Took a walk around the property and gathered up some good sized branches and small cedar trees (stuff around 8-10ft long) I plan to use as poles to support a bean trellis.

Need to get some more planters built, transfer the peach tree to a larger pot for now, start getting stuff planted. Think my strawberry plants will be here mon or tues. 20 or 25 of them and they'll go in the new tiered planter. Will be leveling spots to plant, hauling wheelbarrow loads of manure down to the garden. Spreading mulch out over everything see if I can keep the weeds down. Have some ideas for cutting open some plastic field tubs and turning some of those into larger planters, will have to see how it goes.

Supposed to be helping FIL to set up a lettuce bed sometime. Need his input on the details of where it goes. Not going to go ahead and start it before knowing that. Then, I'm curious who is going to be expected to attend it.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
She got it and will not listen to al I say about BAD reactions.
I'm sorry she's already got it and sorry for misreading your post.
I'm thankful, my Mom, Bro, and Nephew will not be getting it. We convinced (by videos & articles) my Guys parents into not getting it.
I know how you feel... His Grandma, Uncle, my dad, step mom and both Aunts already have both jabs :( they wouldn't listen to us either :(

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I bought a 10 pack of sprouting seeds. And a kit for sprouting with more seed and trays etc. And a micro greens kit. So I can at least start sprouting stuff and having fresh stuff that I’ve grown myself.

It’s part of becoming slightly more self reliant, just in case anything happens and food becomes hard to get.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Happy Easter to all. Spent most of the day in the garden with the nicer weather. Mcgyvering stuff together, trying to get planting areas level. Like the bed for the tomatoes, my entire yard is one big slope. On the 'flatter' ground I found it still has a drop of 14" over 8ft. Got the strawberry planter finished up, water column drilled out, few remaining screws in place and knocked down some of the sharper corners, gave it a light sanding just to fix the rough surfaces.

Cleared out some of the old planters, shifting stuff around. Strawberries should be here in a day or two, all I need to do is backfill the planter with dirt and should be good to go.

1617612505817.png

LAVapesQC

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Happy Easter to all. Spent most of the day in the garden with the nicer weather. Mcgyvering stuff together, trying to get planting areas level. Like the bed for the tomatoes, my entire yard is one big slope. On the 'flatter' ground I found it still has a drop of 14" over 8ft. Got the strawberry planter finished up, water column drilled out, few remaining screws in place and knocked down some of the sharper corners, gave it a light sanding just to fix the rough surfaces.

Cleared out some of the old planters, shifting stuff around. Strawberries should be here in a day or two, all I need to do is backfill the planter with dirt and should be good to go.

View attachment 180318

That's pretty awesome indeed. I have never had much luck with strawberries where I live. Also not much luck with my blueberry trees. Glad to see someone is having success though.

Was thinking of growing some sweet potatoes (but they are so cheap to buy). Any thoughts?

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That's pretty awesome indeed. I have never had much luck with strawberries where I live. Also not much luck with my blueberry trees. Glad to see someone is having success though.

Was thinking of growing some sweet potatoes (but they are so cheap to buy). Any thoughts?
Anything that is homegrown is way more tastier and way more healthier ;) :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So I went up on the garage roof to varnish the railing. Gave it a quick wire brushing for loose varnish and when I went to apply the varnish where it came off was too light. So broke out the stain and wiped it on with a rag and when it dries I will varnish it. Now time for a screen repair.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So after I repaired a screen went hunting weeds because Creeping Charlie is running wild~! Mixed up a double strong batch of Spectricide for this season.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So after I showered I sat on the porch vaping with a bottle of water. Enjoying a nice sunny afternoon although a little windy.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I've never tried sweet potatoes. The farm I worked on as a kid in high school was mostly a corn farm, they tried potatoes (regular not sweet). Went ok I guess but tossing the rotten ones was a real chore. I don't think sweet potatoes smell that funky when they go rotten.

Haven't tried blueberries either, my ex gf said they did a lot of blueberry bogs in Michigan I think it was. The strawberries I had some grow a few years ago but just plunked them in the ground. Didn't really manage them. The varieties coming are both hardy types for zones 4-7 or 4-8 (I'm 6a) and are everbearing and first year producers. Hopefully I can winter them over and get them going again next year.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And fml, figures it would be a monday. Was busy getting more done in the garden, got the strawberry planter filled. Took around 2 full 10 cu ft wheelbarrows full of dirt to load it. Had an old cattle panel (4ga galvanized steel wire) that somehow or other years ago got buried in mud and manure. Tried pulling it up and it broke, some of the clay has washed off it leaving rusted ends of the heavy gauge wire sticking up. Who didn't see the end of it poking out of the ground and stepped on it? Yup. Went through the sole of my shoe and poked the bottom of my foot.

Don't think it got super deep, but deep enough and it's been a number of years since I had a tetanus shot. So off to the e.r. I went. Happened towards the evening around 7p or so. Spent a couple hours waiting even though the place was pretty much empty. Got my temp taken and all that crap, 101 ronas questions. Found out I gained 10lbs (joy), found out I had high blood pressure. 141 over 90 something or maybe 101 idk. More good news lol. They asked if I smoked, I said no. Then wondered if vaping maybe (nic) had my bp up a bit. They took it again after waiting over an hour, it actually went up not down. So doubtful it was the nic.

Nurse scrubbed the piss out of my foot and dug all up in it, shot peroxide up in there with a vengeance. Usually not a fan of shots and figured it would smart, the shot was the least of the issues the way she went to town with that pick and scrub brush. Good lord, hurt worse leaving than when I went in. Ended up with a bandage over it.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I appreciate the line:
Guess what? The waiter doesn't need to know your name.
Its value has become seemingly priceless to me. :)

Yesterday's weather was very nice. I spent too much time in town. The way timing was for everything, I was unable to work. Did some outside though at home.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was so tired last night I fell asleep 1 times trying to watch an episode of Debris On Demand~! Had to rewind 3-4 times. Slept like a rock pretty much straight thru the night.

View attachment 180351
Yea, the premise of the show sounded really cool. So far it's been kind of dull and I find myself falling asleep watching it sometimes. The characters are totally lacking personality and they just go with a plot without explaining it until the very end.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yea, the premise of the show sounded really cool. So far it's been kind of dull and I find myself falling asleep watching it sometimes. The characters are totally lacking personality and they just go with a plot without explaining it until the very end.

I have been digging the show~! I fell asleep because I was wiped out and so tired. If I could have stayed awake I would have watched Episode 6 on TV.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Can agree the characters in the Debris show are cardboard. Yes, the premise sounds good. The lack of good story telling, cardboard characters ruin it. There is so much present which could be expounded on, explored but it isn't.

One of the "new" shows I'd like to watch. Shame, after the first five episodes it has lost me. And I don't mean that as in having trouble following the plot, premise, action, theme of the show. I grok fine.

It has lost me as in it's that bad.

Last edited:

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well to each his own they say. I told my GF's cousin about it and he watched all 5 at one time~!
True.. each has different taste. I just feel like they sort of jumped into it mid plot, no real lead in or getting acquainted with the characters. It's not the worst show I've ever watched and I typically like scifi stuff. Idk, something about it feels like there's no real lead characters. Like it's an entire cast of extras. I'm hanging in there hoping it gets better, just like to see some more interaction with the main cast. Some depth to the characters so I can feel like I'm somewhat invested in their progress. The effects and props are pretty cool and trippy concepts.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Feel ya on the being wiped out bit @SteveS45 . Rain tomorrow so hobbled around trying to get more done outside. Nothing like a sore on the bottom of your heel on your dominant foot when trying to dig in clay with a shovel. lol.

Churned up the area for the tomato bed, chomped through the solid clay and got a couple post holes dug for the uprights. 2ft deep on the one, 18" or so on the other so they sit level. Ripped the 2x10 up into 3 pieces, got a couple cross braces cut and started getting that together until it got dark and my drill battery died. Dug down and leveled a spot for one of the bean trellis buckets. Sank a center pole around 2ft deep there and tamped it in pretty good. It drops through a hole in the tub. Drilled out the top of the post and ran my strings.

1617762165302.png

1617762234374.png

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Since the lawns looked a little dry I watered in the back yesterday late afternoon but waited until this morning to do the front. The new sprinklers are working great and reaching all the way to the street. Not too far just enough to be effective. Had the adjust one side and got nailed Center Mass in the chest by the opposite side~! At 48°F it is a bit cold~!

VU Sponsors