Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Was that a phone scam? Or did someone come to the door? Gawd, scary world. They prey on the elderly.

You're showing some very nice work there. I see that vape nearby :)

Yeah a phone Scam where Mom was going to bring Bail Money. I went fucking Nuts~! Called the Proper Authorities before I went to meet him with my Mossberg. (Did the smart thing) I still want to find this POS. But I reported it and they have his Cell Number.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This is cut what I scrounged out of the junk pile and reused it to make something other then Landfill.
Speaking of firewood, not sure what they got planned for this Winter. No one has been out to get wood. Her dad has got plenty of free to go get spots. Have I been asked once to go help get wood in, split? Nope.

Would I help? Yes, within reason. Seeing them act so asinine regarding it blows reason out of the water. That pisses me off and makes me not want to help. Ah, but that's the rub. "It's all your fault, you didn't help." Yeah, fuck that.

Growing up I recall heating with a wood stove. We gathered and worked firewood year round. I reckon her dad and brother in law both think fit magically just appears. Me and her got an electric heater in our room and plenty of spare blankets, though it'll still be cold.

*smh* I'm really growing wary of life.

Because then we'll put in a lurch. "If you all don't want to be cold buy us a load or two of already worked up firewood." And really, that should not be on me, or her. This is technically their place ergo that responsibility is theirs. But of course, I'll be expected to be the "better" person.

Yep, damn wary of it.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
good-morning-happy-thursday.gif

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I picked a bag of Basil to Freeze for the Winter. The Smell is so lovely~!

View attachment 185121
Gorgeous.

This is what I love about this space. You're showing harvests of your daily food, sometimes a plate full, sometimes a small to medium load. A conventional food/garden publication wants to show bushel baskets, big spreads, epic quantities. You are showing that you don't have to have legendary amounts when you grow your food. But sometimes, when the earth mother, the sun god and the rain god, the moon and the wind all get together for a love fest, you do wind up with baskets full, tables covered, enough to eat for a week, to can or dehydrate or freeze to preserve, to give to neighbors and to food shelters.

My love of gardening came from seeing my uncle give of his epic backyard tomato harvests to his neighbors. I think he enjoyed that more than he enjoyed eating his harvest himself.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Gorgeous.

This is what I love about this space. You're showing harvests of your daily food, sometimes a plate full, sometimes a small to medium load. A conventional food/garden publication wants to show bushel baskets, big spreads, epic quantities. You are showing that you don't have to have legendary amounts when you grow your food. But sometimes, when the earth mother, the sun god and the rain god, the moon and the wind all get together for a love fest, you do wind up with baskets full, tables covered, enough to eat for a week, to can or dehydrate or freeze to preserve, to give to neighbors and to food shelters.

My love of gardening came from seeing my uncle give of his epic backyard tomato harvests to his neighbors. I think he enjoyed that more than he enjoyed eating his harvest himself.

Last year nothing did well except for Herbs. These pics are from 2019.

1628777163814.png

1628777184200.png

1628777210353.png
1628777235096.png

1628777259171.png

1628777287183.png

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So that job I had to do is done finally. Total working time was less than the commute but it paid well.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A few pics of the plane that showed up yesterday. Man it's a hot one, been sitting around 103-106 most of the day. I think it peaked at 107. Phew.

1628800702128.jpeg
1628800724180.jpeg
1628800747975.jpeg

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gorgeous.

Sometimes I get a little disappointed when there's not much to pick. Especially for the given space, feels like I should be getting quite a bit. A 20x40 something garden space and the same or less veggies than friends of mine get from those compact 4x8 gardens. Though I guess to be fair some of it's wasted space. I don't have long efficient tightly packed rows, I have a group of this and a group of that trying to fit more variety. And still have space to walk around and amongst everything.

Even when it seems like I only get a handful here and there compared to previous years it adds up. After a few times picking beans or something I've got enough to make a few servings. Because I'm picking every other day or so (or at least checking) the smaller quantities add up because I'm not eating all of it every day. And really no less than I'd get from the store once a week or two weeks.

There's also the happy medium. Growing too little if there's one plant and it struggles I get nothing. If I plant 5 I have too many. It's easy to land in that spot where I have 20-30 zucchini and 15 tomatoes laying around, really too much to use, almost enough to can, not enough to sell. Enough to give away if my neighbors ate veggies but they rarely want any.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have one like that I got from my Father (RIP). When I get a chance I will take a picture. Maybe I will take pics of all I got from Dad. I treat them with the same care he always did because he taught me well.
If you get a chance that'd be cool. The older tools were better quality, they're what I can afford vs new high end. And I appreciate the history of them. Not really as a collector, that's not really my hobby. But I find it fascinating to have a tool show up that's easily 103+ years old, still in good condition. And wondering who used it? Someone likely had it in their hand prior to either world war. It survived the dust bowl, at least one world war, vietnam, korea, the great depression. Obviously likely wasn't overseas during those conflicts, just the number of historical periods it went through.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If you get a chance that'd be cool. The older tools were better quality, they're what I can afford vs new high end. And I appreciate the history of them. Not really as a collector, that's not really my hobby. But I find it fascinating to have a tool show up that's easily 103+ years old, still in good condition. And wondering who used it? Someone likely had it in their hand prior to either world war. It survived the dust bowl, at least one world war, vietnam, korea, the great depression. Obviously likely wasn't overseas during those conflicts, just the number of historical periods it went through.

My Fathers tools are not 100 years old~! Although I do have some from my Grandfather that are~!

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Fathers tools are not 100 years old~! Although I do have some from my Grandfather that are~!
I don't think my dad has much in the way of tools still, though his were different. He has some expensive stuff at one time in a small chest, he was a manual machinist. My stepdad was quite a bit older, though he didn't have a whole ton of his tools left and most were likely general purpose. The ones I remember him having were more automotive, sockets, wrenches and some power tools and things. Nothing overly vintage, lots of craftsman (before they went downhill).

I've got a number of projects I'd like to tackle, the wood tools should come in handy but not a huge collection or anything resembling a woodwork shop really. Most of my tools are newer and automotive or general purpose. One of the first things I need to get done is a bench. Something geared sort of toward woodworking but will be multi purpose I can use for other stuff.

Definitely not a tool snob but sadly a lot of wood working tools have gone downhill or cost a small fortune. The two planes I just picked up for around 210 together (shipped) would've run me over $800 buying from a quality modern brand like LN. New tools in the same price range are imported and just not the quality metal as the older ones. Softer lower grade blades, key components they made lighter/cheaper. Watched one guy who's really skilled try to improve a cheap $40-50 smaller plane off amazon. He worked on it for hours, fixed the iron, flattened almost every part of it, milled and cut a custom brass bushing to tighten it up in places because it was so sloppy. And in the end while it was better, the cutter was still soft low grade that wouldn't hold an edge.

If there were more sales locally I probably could've made out even better but having to resort to fighting the vintage collectors on fleabay. lol

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well now since Dad Passed Away all his stuff is mine. So along with all the Automotive tools I now have a Wood Shop. I have so many tools it is hard to list them all. Plumbing, Electrical and Cement tools to name a few.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here is a few of Dads wood working tools @Synphul

View attachment 185164
Really nice set to inherit. Just got that Millers Falls jack plane in the mail today. It's already, not terrible though I knew it wasn't their nicer type stuff. Think it's from their value line. My own fault for not paying attention, most of the planes the rear tote has 2 screws. A shorty through the toe and a long machine screw through the entire handle. In their budget cutting what MF decided to do was just leave an empty hole/recess in front without threads and use a rolled brass pin in the handle to rest inside. It doesn't physically tighten down like a screw would just prevents lateral twist of the tote.

Trouble is on mine the pin is quite a bit undersized vs the recess so it's kinda sloppy. Might have to sort out something like a wooden plug to take its place or something.

Awesome you're still getting beans, mine have pretty much dried and shriveled up. This heat's been too much for them I think. Got a helluva wind storm last night while I was out watering. Bad. It kicked up, my tomatoes are tied with several horizontal strings attached to the frame but it was pushing all of them. Reached my arms out to brace the row of tomatoes. Braced some of the corn the same way as it whipped through, managed to blow 2 stalks over. Ridiculous wind. I've got snow peas planted where the beans are, just in case the beans still make anything. Once they're totally gone I'll pull them up and let the peas take over.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sometimes I get a little disappointed when there's not much to pick. Especially for the given space, feels like I should be getting quite a bit. A 20x40 something garden space and the same or less veggies than friends of mine get from those compact 4x8 gardens. Though I guess to be fair some of it's wasted space. I don't have long efficient tightly packed rows, I have a group of this and a group of that trying to fit more variety. And still have space to walk around and amongst everything.

Even when it seems like I only get a handful here and there compared to previous years it adds up. After a few times picking beans or something I've got enough to make a few servings. Because I'm picking every other day or so (or at least checking) the smaller quantities add up because I'm not eating all of it every day. And really no less than I'd get from the store once a week or two weeks.

There's also the happy medium. Growing too little if there's one plant and it struggles I get nothing. If I plant 5 I have too many. It's easy to land in that spot where I have 20-30 zucchini and 15 tomatoes laying around, really too much to use, almost enough to can, not enough to sell. Enough to give away if my neighbors ate veggies but they rarely want any.
I doubt you want or need any advice, but as for the "wasted space", what I would do is put something there, because closely spaced planting, not crowding, helps attract and hold moisture in the area, and change your micro-climate. Even just letting weeds proliferate in the blank spaces, or planting flowers, or creating artistic little rock garden areas, is preferable to empty space, but I'm not sure what you really mean when you refer to wasted space.

You can also take non-picking time to dig some manure and/or compost into the empty space area, then put some newspaper and rocks on top to allow it to get hot & rotty underneath, get it ready to plant more veg later.

All in all, it sounds like you have a healthy, productive garden, providing food for your table. I apologize if I'm giving you uninvited thoughts. I'm a little envious of people working through the issues. Gardening is symbolic of our work on our inner selves. I believe there is nothing more healthful than digging in the earth, watching things grow, and giving thanks for the harvest.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In their budget cutting what MF decided to do was just leave an empty hole/recess in front without threads and use a rolled brass pin in the handle to rest inside. It doesn't physically tighten down like a screw would just prevents lateral twist of the tote.

Tap it out and install a Machine screw or threaded rod~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Even just letting weeds proliferate in the blank spaces, or planting flowers, or creating artistic little rock garden areas, is preferable to empty space, but I'm not sure what you really mean when you refer to wasted space.

The weeds are out of control this year and next year I am going to mulch the garden. Neighbor did it and not one freaking weed~!

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well now since Dad Passed Away all his stuff is mine. So along with all the Automotive tools I now have a Wood Shop. I have so many tools it is hard to list them all. Plumbing, Electrical and Cement tools to name a few.
It can be hard to let go of the abundance. My friends and I have supper club some Friday nights, pooling our food and trying to impress each other with our recipes. They recently bought me a set of knives, because, they said, my knives are dull. I accepted graciously, but I felt their complaints were ridiculous. I love using my mom's and my grandma's knives I inherited. They like to stand over the pan and cut up a potato right into the pan, for example. I use a cutting board, so there are never any issues of the knife dullness they complain of, and my big knife goes through a tomato without squashing it. Oh well... And I don't have room in the drawer for the new knives, so they have to sit in a pile on the counter.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It can be hard to let go of the abundance. My friends and I have supper club some Friday nights, pooling our food and trying to impress each other with our recipes. They recently bought me a set of knives, because, they said, my knives are dull. I accepted graciously, but I felt their complaints were ridiculous. I love using my mom's and my grandma's knives I inherited. They like to stand over the pan and cut up a potato right into the pan, for example. I use a cutting board, so there are never any issues of the knife dullness they complain of, and my big knife goes through a tomato without squashing it. Oh well... And I don't have room in the drawer for the new knives, so they have to sit in a pile on the counter.

I sharpen my knives regularly. If it can't cut a Tomato then I sharpen them. Has to cut paper like a razor for me to be satisfied.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The weeds are out of control this year and next year I am going to mulch the garden. Neighbor did it and not one freaking weed~!
Mulching is important for holding in moisture, and as it breaks down, it feeds the soil too, but I never felt weeds were necessarily the enemy. I like seeing clover and dandelions. They're easy to pull if you want the space for something else. Johnson grass is beautiful to me. There is a variety of purslane that seems to land on any neglected spot here, pretty little leafy stems. But there are easy things to put in for eating, and watch them go mad, down here including epazote and cilantro. I was just thinking, for Synphul, that empty spaces get hot and dusty, and the soil blows away. Anything is preferable to sterile empty spaces, IMO.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mulching is important, and as it breaks down, it feeds the soil too, but I never felt weeds were necessarily the enemy. I like seeing clover and dandelions. They're easy to pull if you want the space for something else. Johnson grass is beautiful to me. There is a variety of purslane that seems to land on any neglected spot here, pretty little leafy stems. But there are easy things to put in for eating, and watch them go mad, down here including epazote and cilantro. I was just thinking, for Synphil, that empty spaces get hot and dusty, and the soil blows away. Anything is preferable to sterile empty spaces, IMO.

I HATE Weeds~! I have tried every chemical they make to get rid of Crabgrass and I get on my knees and pull it after I water or it rains. Not even the chemicals I put down before and after the season rids the lawns of it. Helps but does rid the lawn of it even the Spectricide stuff you use during the season won't get it all. Clover takes over the lawn and for that I have a chemical I mix and spray that kills it in days. Never use these in my gardens for those it is the old do it by hand method.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I HATE Weeds~! I have tried every chemical they make to get rid of Crabgrass and I get on my knees and pull it after I water or it rains. Not even the chemicals I put down before and after the season rids the lawns of it. Helps but does rid the lawn of it even the Spectricide stuff you use during the season won't get it all. Clover takes over the lawn and for that I have a chemical I mix and spray that kills it in days. Never use these in my gardens for those it is the old do it by hand method.
You don't want weeds among your crops, because they're competing for the soil nutrients, hence the mulch, but I tend to think of a lawn as an albatross. Better to get rid of it in favor of wood chips, gravel, pre-made stepping stones, another pretty terrace like your trash bin area you showed, a picnic table, birdbath, whatever. Lawns take a lot of water and drive people crazy. In my aunt's yard, wherever I saw a patch that didn't want to be lawn anymore, I'd dig it up, surround it with rocks, plant something in it. That's how we got a meyer lemon that went nuts and produced fruit the first year, though it was already a nursery start when I brought it home. The terrain tells you what it wants to be. My uncle was good at listening to the land that way. He had a spot that was always muddy, maybe downhill from the neighbor or for whatever reason, and part sun part shade. He built a brick planter around it, added more soil, and planted spearmint, peppermint and lemon balm in it, all which loved growing in that spot.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You don't want weeds among your crops, because they're competing for the soil nutrients, hence the mulch, but I tend to think of a lawn as an albatross. Better to get rid of it in favor of wood chips, gravel, pre-made stepping stones, another pretty terrace like your trash bin area you showed, a picnic table, birdbath, whatever. Lawns take a lot of water and drive people crazy. In my aunt's yard, wherever I saw a patch that didn't want to be lawn anymore, I'd dig it up, surround it with rocks, plant something in it. That's how we got a meyer lemon that went nuts and produced fruit the first year, though it was already a nursery start when I brought it home. The terrain tells you what it wants to be. My uncle was good at listening to the land that way. He had a spot that was always muddy, maybe downhill from the neighbor or for whatever reason, and part sun part shade. He built a brick planter around it, added more soil, and planted spearmint, peppermint and lemon balm in it, all which loved growing in that spot.

Since I was 15 I have been a Best Lawn On The Block guy~! I only put in the Rombuses to not burn the lawn with the Firepit or Smoker.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Since I was 15 I have been a Best Lawn On The Block guy~! I only put in the Rombuses to not burn the lawn with the Firepit or Smoker.
Congrats on the best lawn on the block. I posted that reply because you seemed to be mad at the crabgrass and clover.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I doubt you want or need any advice, but as for the "wasted space", what I would do is put something there, because closely spaced planting, not crowding, helps attract and hold moisture in the area, and change your micro-climate. Even just letting weeds proliferate in the blank spaces, or planting flowers, or creating artistic little rock garden areas, is preferable to empty space, but I'm not sure what you really mean when you refer to wasted space.

You can also take non-picking time to dig some manure and/or compost into the empty space area, then put some newspaper and rocks on top to allow it to get hot & rotty underneath, get it ready to plant more veg later.

All in all, it sounds like you have a healthy, productive garden, providing food for your table. I apologize if I'm giving you uninvited thoughts. I'm a little envious of people working through the issues. Gardening is symbolic of our work on our inner selves. I believe there is nothing more healthful than digging in the earth, watching things grow, and giving thanks for the harvest.
For the wasted space, I just meant that it's not efficient. For example I have a small row of bell peppers, a small row of jalapenos, another small row of jalapenos each with a space in between to walk. Compared to running one long row of just peppers. At the end of the bell pepper row is a low planter with oregano, then a space, then a small raised planter with lettuce, then a space, then my butternut squash. I could have cramped everything together and only had rows in one direction to walk, instead I've left space to walk around each thing.

It's great for getting around, I don't find myself closed in anyplace especially dragging a hose around with me to water. Some of the wasted space I can't get around, I have the garden in a spot where there's animals and the animals like to eat Mr McGregor's garden lol. So I have to leave a good 2-3ft border inside the garden perimeter where many people can push plants up next to the fence and utilize it for vining stuff like the butternut. Not my first choice for garden location but I have a ton of trees around and it's one of the very few clear spots that gets a good 8hrs+ of sun.

Other reasons for the layout is ease. The garden I've got is on a slope, partially caused by a hill of old manure that got dumped there. The ground underneath is hard shitty ass clay. The top of the hill where the peppers are is more manure. In the lower end of the same row is almost all clay so it's where I put the butternut. Easier to dig a hole and backfill with manure and better dirt for the squash to grow and then let the vines run over top of the hard concrete clay. I've got clusters of stuff growing, if I had it set up more like an industrial garden or like a farm plot I'm sure I could fit more plants. But like farm setups, I'd be limited to either end of the rows for access to walk between. So it's a tradeoff.

If the whole area was nice usable dirt I'm sure I'd do things a bit differently but it's a mix of in ground and raised planters. It's nice being able to move all the way around most everything, I can get fully around just about everything growing. I could try cutting foot paths in half and instead say doubling up my jalapenos. Plant two rows closer together so they butt up against one another, I'd have a 'row' two plants deep and access from either side and the ends. It would eliminate a section 18-20" wide to walk between. Just not sure how much of a pain in the ass that would create down the road once everything's growing and need things like tying up reaching into a small cluster of crap to get strings through and so forth.

I've had stuff clustered tighter in the past, a similar sized garden but in half the space and it tends to get out of control. I had patty pan squash vining out everywhere in all the walkways I'd left between tomatoes and eggplant or between tomatoes and peas. Butternut vining free and overtaking half the tomatoes, cucumbers spreading across to the tomatoes. I was left high stepping through waist deep squash plants like a jungle, reaching through the mass and finding cucumbers and squash growing amongst the tomatoes and half choking them out lol.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tap it out and install a Machine screw or threaded rod~!
Thought about that, wish the inner diameter of the recess was a tiny bit smaller. So I could tap it for a smaller diameter screw. Worried by the time I got it tapped the size threads would be a bit large for the little toe area kicked out and might split the tote.

Although I may have fixed it. At least for now. No telling how long it will hold up but I pulled the handle apart. Took a piece of sandpaper I had laying around cut to match the length of the pin then wrapped it around. Enough to make one full wrap with maybe 1/4 to 1/2 again for a little overlap. Turned the pin into the hole milled in the base then put the handle back on. Started it turned as far as I could so I'd have about 90 degrees to rotate the tote as I pushed down to kind of wind the sandpaper wrapped pin up into the hole in the tote with the grit side out to bite the wood. That 1/4" or so of slop side to side in front seems to be gone. It may loosen with use or as the sandpaper compresses or wears down but good enough. lol

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thought about that, wish the inner diameter of the recess was a tiny bit smaller. So I could tap it for a smaller diameter screw. Worried by the time I got it tapped the size threads would be a bit large for the little toe area kicked out and might split the tote.

Although I may have fixed it. At least for now. No telling how long it will hold up but I pulled the handle apart. Took a piece of sandpaper I had laying around cut to match the length of the pin then wrapped it around. Enough to make one full wrap with maybe 1/4 to 1/2 again for a little overlap. Turned the pin into the hole milled in the base then put the handle back on. Started it turned as far as I could so I'd have about 90 degrees to rotate the tote as I pushed down to kind of wind the sandpaper wrapped pin up into the hole in the tote with the grit side out to bite the wood. That 1/4" or so of slop side to side in front seems to be gone. It may loosen with use or as the sandpaper compresses or wears down but good enough. lol

I would think if it is thick enough for a pin then you should be able to tap it out. Use a Fine thread tap which there should be enough metal there since it holds a pin.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For the wasted space, I just meant that it's not efficient. For example I have a small row of bell peppers, a small row of jalapenos, another small row of jalapenos each with a space in between to walk. Compared to running one long row of just peppers. At the end of the bell pepper row is a low planter with oregano, then a space, then a small raised planter with lettuce, then a space, then my butternut squash. I could have cramped everything together and only had rows in one direction to walk, instead I've left space to walk around each thing.

It's great for getting around, I don't find myself closed in anyplace especially dragging a hose around with me to water. Some of the wasted space I can't get around, I have the garden in a spot where there's animals and the animals like to eat Mr McGregor's garden lol. So I have to leave a good 2-3ft border inside the garden perimeter where many people can push plants up next to the fence and utilize it for vining stuff like the butternut. Not my first choice for garden location but I have a ton of trees around and it's one of the very few clear spots that gets a good 8hrs+ of sun.

Other reasons for the layout is ease. The garden I've got is on a slope, partially caused by a hill of old manure that got dumped there. The ground underneath is hard shitty ass clay. The top of the hill where the peppers are is more manure. In the lower end of the same row is almost all clay so it's where I put the butternut. Easier to dig a hole and backfill with manure and better dirt for the squash to grow and then let the vines run over top of the hard concrete clay. I've got clusters of stuff growing, if I had it set up more like an industrial garden or like a farm plot I'm sure I could fit more plants. But like farm setups, I'd be limited to either end of the rows for access to walk between. So it's a tradeoff.

If the whole area was nice usable dirt I'm sure I'd do things a bit differently but it's a mix of in ground and raised planters. It's nice being able to move all the way around most everything, I can get fully around just about everything growing. I could try cutting foot paths in half and instead say doubling up my jalapenos. Plant two rows closer together so they butt up against one another, I'd have a 'row' two plants deep and access from either side and the ends. It would eliminate a section 18-20" wide to walk between. Just not sure how much of a pain in the ass that would create down the road once everything's growing and need things like tying up reaching into a small cluster of crap to get strings through and so forth.

I've had stuff clustered tighter in the past, a similar sized garden but in half the space and it tends to get out of control. I had patty pan squash vining out everywhere in all the walkways I'd left between tomatoes and eggplant or between tomatoes and peas. Butternut vining free and overtaking half the tomatoes, cucumbers spreading across to the tomatoes. I was left high stepping through waist deep squash plants like a jungle, reaching through the mass and finding cucumbers and squash growing amongst the tomatoes and half choking them out lol.
It's as I thought, you are not in need of my advice. That sounds like an enviable garden. Yes, the clay soil, a difficult issue.

VU Sponsors