Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I am so sorry for what you are going through. I follow it closely on the back channel news. The mainstream media doesn't cover it well, doesn't give a sh*t.

Soon I hope we all will be delivered, because what befalls you will eventually be perpetrated on us in the US, and everywhere.
Hi. For us where we live its more frustrating than anything. Being surrounded by bush and places to go fishing, detecting and hike or whatever. All things we like doing here that takes you away from people, not towards them.
Its those in the major cities that live in apartment buildings and flats that I feel sorry for. And the battler workers and small business owners. This 7th one here has utterly finished many. Its really broken people. I've never seen so many miserable faces in my life.
Our way of things here in rural was walk past someone and if you made eye contact say hi or G'day mate. You had all ages do it. You can go down to the shops now and nobody does it anymore. I still do with a smile on my face. I get responses now and then, some look away, some its like a "hi" with a whatever tone. Rarely is it returned in like manner now.
I wont fold though. Ill keep on keeping on with it. I'll be like the Frog.
image_0203977_20210111_ob_1d8cc6_9a2308c7cbb49b013e9937e14a59d666.jpg

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Agree, the greatest travesty is the ruin of the working class.

When I see the pics you post of your beautiful wooded surroundings, I imagine that must be a comfort to you. During fall, winter and spring, I enjoy taking walks in my neighborhood, where we have a lot of trees and pretty landscaping, friendly people, runners and joggers, bicyclers, people walking their dogs, moms and nannies pushing prams. I swear, the squirrels love me. When I walk outside they stop what they are doing and look at me. They actually make eye contact. Once when I set off down the sidewalk, a little one scampered halfway down a tree to look at me. I said "hello pretty baby", and continued on. When I returned, he scampered back down to greet me again.

Musings of a bat.

I'll try to be like the frog too. Or like a squirrel, just giving love before going back to whatever I'm doing.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Figures, tropical storm hits and Steve's out there kicked back grilling with no issue. It can be a bright sunny day, I go to fire up the grill and it pours ass. Every fricken time. lmao. Native folks didn't need rain dances, just me with a bag of charcoal and plans to grill. More effective than cloud seeding. haha.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Lovin' that whole setting, the yard, the fire, the food, the weathered pants and bare feet, the drink, the vape. Looks like a stupendous Sunday evening.

That is my way of dealing with the Tropical Storm~!! I was also feeding the birds under the awning so they could eat where it was dry~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Figures, tropical storm hits and Steve's out there kicked back grilling with no issue. It can be a bright sunny day, I go to fire up the grill and it pours ass. Every fricken time. lmao. Native folks didn't need rain dances, just me with a bag of charcoal and plans to grill. More effective than cloud seeding. haha.

I used regular Kingsford Brickets because of the rain. Have to light it in the rain and then bring it under the awning. I keep it towards the edge so not to smoke myself out.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
That is my way of dealing with the Tropical Storm~!! I was also feeding the birds under the awning so they could eat where it was dry~!
Today I spent a couple of hours fertilizing the plants my misses grows out front and back with a watering can. One of our local Magpies was watching me intently doing it. Its nesting season here now and they often swoop people. Sometimes making contact and causing damage. They are the size of a crow.
But we never get attacked as they know us and often roost in our Jacaranda tree. My misses talks to them every day. They have a wonderful vocabulary for a bird with warbles and other odd sounds. I often hear her talk to them and hear them gently warble back at her. The one today I said "just wait, I have a special treat for you. I went and got a few of my huge European Night Crawler fishing worms out of my worm farm for it. It was waiting. Then I pointed to where I was going to throw them. It looked and waited. I threw them there then it went and checked them out. I can assure you its never seen worms that fat and big.
It just stood there head sideways eyeing them for about 20 seconds. I laughed and go "well go on before theyre gone". It picks one up and played with it a bit to check it out. Then scoffed it. It didn't need convincing with the rest after that. Theyre fed on dehydrated corn, peas, beans and oatmeal put through a ninja processor. Im guessing to a bird they were fine dining. Keep em happy, the Magies, and you have no probs. 👍 :)

bushmasterar15

Member For 4 Years
Chef salad for dinner the other night, then next nights dinner with zucchini from the garden sautéed bacon and onions on the griddle with lemon garlic chicken cooked in the instapot.
665468180cf56dce86f6602459809b93.jpg
5632cc3242da585beda67da88fe70055.jpg
4b8cb6e6a43c680b76e5920f842a3b49.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I went scorched earth on the garden today. Forget talking nice to the plants, they're either gonna grow and give me food, be worth my time or they're getting the fuck out. 2 days in a row now I've had something sneak in and eat my watermelon. Fuck 'em, yanked the watermelon out. Something tore up the newer row of corn that was healthy and starting to produce ears. The first row was pretty jacked up and only got maybe 8 ears total all year. Something wants to eat it and it wants to die? Get the fuck out. Chopped all the corn down. Yanked up the green beans that weren't doing shit, pulled up the raggedy ass spinach, yanked out the pathetic lunchbox pepper plant that never did shit all year. Dug up the zucchini that all it was growing was squash bugs. And the sad ass sunflower that broke for the 2nd time, piss off. Chopped it down and yanked it the hell out too.

A lot more space in the garden now. Debating whether or not to sit out in the garden tonight with the shotgun and see what the fuck's sneaking in. Gonna blast it clear through the fence like a meat grinder.

bushmasterar15

Member For 4 Years
The overgrowth of wild sunflowers. The ducks like to hide in there when the pup is chasing them around the yard. We also had a few deer going through the garden and must have got spooked as they almost tore down the 6ft chicken wire fencing we have for the green beans, gourds and spaghetti squash to climb up on.
5681dbae5e3c8321e2a3c9ac38456580.jpg
2776b9e362b748e074adfc4f283d5c68.jpg
b0e73b9508320716aea08dec5543f7ff.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
*sitting stool, reaches over, gently taps @SteveS45 on the shoulder, returns to his vaping*

I'm "around" just not so much present here. Got a lot on my plate mentally, physically. It isn't making me good company.

To simplify it, I'm frustrated and depressed at never having a sense of smell. Not pitying myself. I'm just realizing a lot of limits in life due to not being able to smell.

Also consider this fact. You have people you're intimate with in life. Imagine never knowing their scent. So yeah, there's that.

May seem funny to say it but it's truthful, I miss not having a sense of smell despite never having it.

Last edited:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
2 days in a row now I've had something sneak in and eat my watermelon. Fuck 'em, yanked the watermelon out. Something tore up the newer row of corn that was healthy and starting to produce ears. The first row was pretty jacked up and only got maybe 8 ears total all year. Something wants to eat it and it wants to die?
Oh my gosh, that's tragic, though I must admit, rather comedic in the way you describe it.

Have you ever tried cayenne pepper powder? It doesn't bother birds and insects, but it deters mammals if you just dust it over the plants, and the soil around the plants. Then, whether the munchmouth comes up from underground through a tunnel, or attacks from the outside, they can't handle the cayenne. But then you have to remember when you pick the vegetables, or you'll be the one sneezing, eyes watering, throat on fire.

Just an idea. Love reading your gardening adventures.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Oh my gosh, that's tragic, though I must admit, rather comedic in the way you describe it.

Have you ever tried cayenne pepper powder? It doesn't bother birds and insects, but it deters mammals if you just dust it over the plants, and the soil around the plants. Then, whether the munchmouth comes up from underground through a tunnel, or attacks from the outside, they can't handle the cayenne. But then you have to remember when you pick the vegetables, or you'll be the one sneezing, eyes watering, throat on fire.

Bummer and funny! Id be sitting out Elmer Fud style waiting to blow it away!
Wascly or not....boooooom! :giggle:
Go get it @Synphul

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Schools here let in on the 16th. Staff was back to work the 9th. Granted I'm "part time" on an "as needed" basis.

My wife's friend who is full time custodian asked her if I had been working. Wife told her I had gotten no call outs. Friend replied back a lot of the other fill ins had all been working, I should call in and talk to NAME.

Called at 9 AM here. Spoke to NAME. She sounded afraid of her own skin much less capable of being over coordinating the call out system.

She checked over my profile. "Everything is in order, I refreshed it." She said then to wait another week, maybe two weeks. If nothing by then I should call in again.

Texted wife I'm about ready to look for something else. I am only paid if I work, there's no schedule and it seems I have to beg folks to let me work. *smh* Like the work but damn the bullshit.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I emailed her and she replied but never popped in. We still have a few more hours to weather the storm out but so far this is nothing. News says 3,000 people without power on the East End but the trees are hardly moving here.

I just realized that! I’m sorry. :hug::hug:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Glad you heard from her, and thank you for letting us know she's still alive.
Good to hear it's not too bad there and hope it stays that way.

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

Hey you, I’m alive and awake from the MSM bs! I’ve been smoking though, which helped me deal with some stress. But makes me feel guilty.

Love to you and your guy, and to Emma and Duke.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Schools here let in on the 16th. Staff was back to work the 9th. Granted I'm "part time" on an "as needed" basis.

My wife's friend who is full time custodian asked her if I had been working. Wife told her I had gotten no call outs. Friend replied back a lot of the other fill ins had all been working, I should call in and talk to NAME.

Called at 9 AM here. Spoke to NAME. She sounded afraid of her own skin much less capable of being over coordinating the call out system.

She checked over my profile. "Everything is in order, I refreshed it." She said then to wait another week, maybe two weeks. If nothing by then I should call in again.

Texted wife I'm about ready to look for something else. I am only paid if I work, there's no schedule and it seems I have to beg folks to let me work. *smh* Like the work but damn the bullshit.
I had a friend yrs ago.
🤔 did that come out right......
Anyway, I did! And he was from some middle east country. His name was Naim. Pronounced name.
We at work were in fits of laughter when he came into work one day and told us about being pulled over by the police for speeding.
The officer walks up to his car, Naim winds down the window and he is told he was speeding etc then the officer asks for his name 😆
Naim replies just Name.
The cop says dont be smart with me tell me your NAME!
Naim again says Name. 😂
The cop is now "thats it, step out of your car now".
Naim gets out.
The cop is now livid and yells at him "TELL ME YOUR NAME"
Naim now takes his wallet out of his pocket and shows him his id, and points to his name which is Naim saying "Im Naim (name)"
🤣
He reckoned the cops face went from angry to expressionless in a second.
We were in tears of laughter all of us, especially when we asked did you get fined.
He said no, the officer still expressionless just said you can go now. 😂🤣

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I've tried it in the past, or my parents did when growing a small garden out back years ago. It didn't deter the deer, they just sneezed and kept munching.

Was just pissed. I don't expect a perfect garden, but when you put in the amount of hours watering and crap and pulling ridiculous weeds waiting on plants that take months to produce anything - then barely get squat. Watermelons take up a good amount of ground space and to get 1, maybe 2 after months of waiting. Same with the corn. Already suffered through the first issues, the poor pollination which I take blame for. The funky corn smut I dealt with, the added bonus of corn worms on my tomatoes, undersized rotted ears.

Figured by the looks of things at least the second round of corn planted a few weeks after the first was looking promising. Nice healthier looking ears. I think I got 1 ear off the 12 younger plants with quite a few healthy ears trying to mature, then all of them down. Not the old stalks I could've given 2 shits about, no had to be the healthy ones. And with damage done so late in the year, no chance to even replant. Even if the plants did last that long, I wouldn't have melons until November and prolly have snow on the ground by then.

Still can't get any squash replants to grow. Had to replant after everything got decimated mid summer last year around the same time. But replanted both zucchini and patty pan and within a few weeks had healthy plants back to finish the season. Not looking like it this year. The patty pan replants were growing at least, looking good. Idk if it's the extreme heat wave, been under a heat advisory since Monday. Went out today, all 4 patty pan seedlings that were 10" tall or better flopped over deader than shit. Have tried replanting zucchini seeds 3x already and not a single fricken thing has sprouted. Two mounds, 5 seeds each, 3x and not 1 hint of green.

To top it off, half my other shit's disappearing. Planted a whole tub of spinach, around 25 seeds worth, twice. 4 or 5 spindly plants half ass came up. Planted onions, something got them, they disappeared. Planted quite a few more, not one hint of green. Replanted cucumbers, around half a dozen of each variety. The hybrids it was the last of my seeds, planted 6, 4 came up. Out of those 4, 1 left. No sign of the others, they're not laying wilted on top, the tops aren't chomped like birds got them. Just gone. Like a fuckin Houdini garden. At this rate it would be easier to just tear open the seed packs, hold over the garbage and dump straight in. Quite shocked so many things are failing or disappearing or not even sprouting for no apparent reason. You'd think I was planting fricken pencil erasers. And they're all fresh seeds this year.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Went to sand and paint the door jam on the front door yesterday, figuring a 2 hour job. After trying to sand the 40-50 years of paint I would up removing it all with heat and gave the door a fresh coat of paint. 7 hours later I finally got finished.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Went to sand and paint the door jam on the front door yesterday, figuring a 2 hour job. After trying to sand the 40-50 years of paint I would up removing it all with heat and gave the door a fresh coat of paint. 7 hours later I finally got finished.

Ain't that 'just the way'?" *grin*

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hey you, I’m alive and awake from the MSM bs! I’ve been smoking though, which helped me deal with some stress. But makes me feel guilty.

I never watch MSM or any of the lame media. I watch the 6pm local news and don't believe half the shit they say. I've caught them too many times not saying the truth.
Whatever you gotta do to get you through the stress, but hope you get back to vaping very soon.
Take care of yourself :hug: miss you and miss chatting with you. Much Love to you :hug:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Emma is doing pretty well except for losing her hearing and half of her eye sight :(
Duke, I have to help him up at times :( his back legs and/or hip is going bad. Been giving both of them supplements and collagen. They are both 14 yrs old, but doing pretty well :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Pulled 2P to 10P custodian spot today. Worked with the Rat Pack. It's the "old man" crew in Ravenswood High school. We're left alone mostly. I shrank 8 hrs into 3, had everything done. Got in about an hour early, add that to the other 5 hrs I had 6 out of 8 as soma. Nobody cared. They knew I had the work done, done well. Left a bit after 9:30, still counts at 10. Wife had been P'berg so she come by and got me.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Starting to get some nice Harvests of Tomatoes~!

View attachment 185664
Glad to see I'm not the only one with mutant veggies. Like wtf happened to you?! haha. Nice you're getting tomatoes though. The past few days there's been an onslaught of tomato worms and corn earworms or whatever they are. Smaller than a tomato worm, black with a yellow stripe. And every time I head out to the garden I've picked up a resident idk what, horse fly or deer fly. I swear that cockbite waits for me, I'm out there 2 secs and doing some flailing dance trying to smack that sucker. Hate getting bit, those things hurt.

VU Sponsors