Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Try to get as much sleep as you can, drink some water (alcohol is dehydrating), and eat a good breakfast.

Thank You my friend but I haven't been sleeping well lately worrying about Mom. I am fine and still have my mind set and all the energy I need to deal with this. Since Mom got a Positive it means I can't visit Vaxed or Not~! So I am only going to be able to do a Virtual Visit with her at the present time. Since we lost my sister and my father in the last year I already now what I am up against. I drinkt at least 5-6 16 Oz Prople Zero waters per day and sleep with one iced~! Thanks again for the concern and I can't say how much it is appreciated~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just a note after going to the Hospital and not being allowed Visitation in the ER I steam cleaned the carpets from Mom's room upstairs and Sanitized the whole house. This was before the Covid-19 Contact Tracing Call. Even washed and waxed the Kitchen and Dinette Floors along with doing many loads of laundry and my washing me stopped working~! WTF enough already today~! Fixed that and am still doing laundry at this hour.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Steve, I wanted to give you this for your Mom my friend, keeping her in my prayers

a prayer for the sick
(an inspiring short prayer for someone to pray for a friend or family member who is sick or in ill health)

Father, Your love is as wide as the oceans As deep as the sea And as tall as the heavens. May your spirit rise like a mightly wave and come and restore those who are ill. You are the water of life, You are a fresh spring, You are healing rain To all those who are in need. Come Lord!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
good-morning-coffee.gif

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@MyMagicMist while on the PC trying to order CV-19 Self test Kits I get called from the Hospital and then I had to do a curbside pickup so to distance myself from the person. Waiting for the result was torture~! NEGATIVE so how could Mom have it? I was in such close contact with her.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@MyMagicMist while on the PC trying to order CV-19 Self test Kits I get called from the Hospital and then I had to do a curbside pickup so to distance myself from the person. Waiting for the result was torture~! NEGATIVE so how could Mom have it? I was in such close contact with her.

That was my whole fucking point. Yes, I was saying something else as well. Fuck if I'll say anything more though. Not able to speak as I choose there's no point speaking.

Was not belittling, making light of, being radical, being a jerk, trying to bait out, anger, upset anyone. At the same time being a writer I know you'll offend someone somewhere no matter how bland you write. Do you write anyway? ...

If it is going to keep coming to that I've no free choice in what I say/write. As I said, no point then to, ... This shit is more divide and conquer. We keep letting them win. Oh well, fuck it we all die anyway, huh?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That was my whole fucking point. Yes, I was saying something else as well. Fuck if I'll say anything more though. Not able to speak as I choose there's no point speaking.

Was not belittling, making light of, being radical, being a jerk, trying to bait out, anger, upset anyone. At the same time being a writer I know you'll offend someone somewhere no matter how bland you write. Do you write anyway? ...

If it is going to keep coming to that I've no free choice in what I say/write. As I said, no point then to, ... This shit is more divide and conquer. We keep letting them win. Oh well, fuck it we all die anyway, huh?

You did not offend me and my angry emoji was for what the Nurse friends were relaying. My friend went into the Hospital for his heart and got CV-19 from the test~! People with the Jab getting it anyway. No need to delete your post~!

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You did not offend me and my angry emoji was for what the Nurse friends were relaying. My friend went into the Hospital for his heart and got CV-19 from the test~! People with the Jab getting it anyway. No need to delete you post~!

*smh & sighing* D'oh. Did not even think that. I apologize. Thought it was angry at me for saying it looks like a plandemic as you're saying. Different way of saying but same gist.

Again though this is all bullshit foisted on all of us. Figure it's all being set up for the big economic reset, getting off oil and a lot of other various stuff going on in the background we're not to "see". And again, it's the same old song its ever been. Divide, conquer and rape the spoils. I'm thinking of rape in this case in the archaic definition of the word. It meant to abduct, carry away and take ownership over. Look up Zues' Rape of Ganymede for an example.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Worst thing is I am stuck Quarantined because of possible exposure. But I will retest again on Wednesday and if I get another Negative I see no reason for it.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My mom and youngest brother, his daughter are also reporting clear. His daughter got a positive result. Mom got sick, just a general sick while his girl was quarantined there.

Mom didn't suspect it was Covid. She simply got sick from worrying. I can accept that too. She has trouble with anxiety like me. She's back up and around, still a bit weak but getting better.

Younger brother, mom and his girl still refuse vaccine. Now, me and wife are trying to figure again when we can go down. Seems about sick to think we may not until after all this bullshit blows over.

Something which rests in the back of my mind. My mom's mom had "old timer's" with dementia. My dad's dad had it as well. Golly, if as said it skips a generation, I got a double whammy coming. Told wife should I get too bad, a .22 suits.

Sorry if that sounds morbid. Way I figure, I'll have lived a life and then some. Had my fun, may as well pay the piper.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Being cooped up is rough when that’s not what you’re use to or if suddenly it’s a constraint that you didn’t have to concern yourself with. Hang in there. Try to do something outside.

Yeah, I had a plan for that today but when I woke up the heat was coming up and it is 48°F. So I took 2 or 3 A/C's out of the windows so far. Being (Self) Quarantined when feeling fine is really annoying. When I test again on Wednesday screw this BS if I am still Negative.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Same Status but this confinement is getting to me. Mom is off the IV Antibiotics and now on oral.

I thought to myself when you said you were in quarantine - that is gonna drive him nuts! I have a RL good friend who is the same way, and so far in the past year she has broken her foot and has had some fairly major surgery, plus has had to do a lot of her work remotely, so she's as stir-crazy as anyone I've ever seen.

It's hard for you overachievers to sit still. Lol!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I thought to myself when you said you were in quarantine - that is gonna drive him nuts! I have a RL good friend who is the same way, and so far in the past year she has broken her foot and has had some fairly major surgery, plus has had to do a lot of her work remotely, so she's as stir-crazy as anyone I've ever seen.

I am arguing with the Hospital to Retest Mom, since I am not Positive how in the Hell can she be? I think it is the Lab or the Hospital giving her a False Positive just to up the numbers.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I am arguing with the Hospital to Retest Mom, since I am not Positive how in the Hell can she be? I think it is the Lab or the Hospital giving her a False Positive just to up the numbers.

I hope she does turn out to not have it. I think a lot of what docs and hospitals do these days is motivated by money in one way or another - either it's the money the institution makes, or it's malpractice claims that they DON'T have to pay. My friend who is a therapist has to have malpractice insurance, and the premiums on it eat her alive.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I hope she does turn out to not have it. I think a lot of what docs and hospitals do these days is motivated by money in one way or another - either it's the money the institution makes, or it's malpractice claims that they DON'T have to pay. My friend who is a therapist has to have malpractice insurance, and the premiums on it eat her alive.

She has NO Symptoms and is not being treated for Covid-19.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Uh huh.

Thought I got in trouble today with a principal. She said I was fine though as she noticed what I was doing. I was actually working and not slacking. In working though I had kind of fumbled the ball on helping with lunches.

The lady I was substituting for had left me a note and a stack of listings of things to do. So, here I was all worried maybe I hadn't done what I was supposed to have been doing. Got started on the listings. Got most of it done too.

Bre--- the night shift guy come in around 1 P. I was to leave at 2 P. He chuckled and explained a few things to me. One of the key ones was;

"Ben, you doing this long enough to know who is good at the work, right?"

"Yep."

"Alright, little secret for you here. Anybody leaving you a list of stuff to do, it's because it is stuff they don't want to do. Ben, they the bad ones. We good ones, we know who you are. We know your work. Relax. We got you. Let us do our work too."

"Ah, ..."

"Uh huh, see now?"

"I do. So I can slack?"

"A little, sure. Don't get out of line though. You'll know it if you do."

So yes, it is difficult for us. Can see now though that it's alright to sit still a bit. In fact it might even be beneficial. All I was supposed to have really done today was wipe down bathrooms, quickly restock them & help with lunches. That was it, not all this lady's other notes and list.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Been dealing with my 98 year old Mother-in-law passing away Saturday. Old age finally got her. I really think she was ready to go see her husband of 60+ years. My wife is taking it surprisingly well.

I hope your mother gets well soon @SteveS45 and you get out of your false imprisonment of quarantine.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Been dealing with my 98 year old Mother-in-law passing away Saturday. Old age finally got her. I really think she was ready to go see her husband of 60+ years. My wife is taking it surprisingly well.

I hope your mother gets well soon @SteveS45 and you get out of your false imprisonment of quarantine.

My condolences, goph, to you and your wife, on the loss of her mother. I hope your wife continues to hold up well. It was the same with my mother - she was ready to go, and it makes a big difference. I would not wish my mother to have to continue to deal with such diminished quality of life, if she was ready for it to end. Still, it catches me off guard sometimes, so don't be surprised if you find your wife in a puddle of tears from time to time.

Strange things can happen sometimes after the death of a close family member. I have had two very unusual occurrences of "contact," one on the day she passed, when I felt that I was visited in my car by the crowd of family members who came to guide her across, and the second a couple of years later when I saw her plain as day, sitting at a table in her favorite restaurant, not 20 feet away from where I was sitting with my husband. She was eating baked spaghetti and carrot salad (her favorites). I am not a religious person, but both of those things made me think hard about what I believe happens when we pass - and in conclusion was quite a comfort.

I wish your wife the peace that will help her deal with her loss.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

So just got off the phone with NYS Contact Tracing because I requested Mom be retested which I guess was a waste of time since they say she tested Positive for the CV-19 again. So I questioned her on how I could test Negative and how I believe it is a FALSE Positive. Might as well talk to the wall. Asked her if I should Retest since I have tested NEGATIVE. She told me as long as I have NO Symptoms no need to test. Sounds to me like I Quarantined for nothing and they do not want another Negative Test.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So I had the Hospital setup Zoom for a Virtual Visit with Mom this afternoon and now they are talking about Discharging her tomorrow afternoon. I am going to bring clean clothes with me to the Hospital in the morning so she can come home like a civilized human being and not a patient.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Have to do County Office job today. Suffice that it is a long job to attend. Waiting still to find what others call hard work. *shrugs* I persist, work gets done, come home, get paid. Doesn't get much simpler. :)

Last edited:

VU Sponsors